スマホでの同時通訳について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • スマホでの同時通訳の技術は向上しているのか?
  • コンピュータが翻訳家・通訳に代わる可能性はあるのか?
  • 職業にどのような影響があるのか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

スマホでの同時通訳について

TED RADIO HOUR という番組で「Do We Need Humans?」という記事がありました。 http://www.npr.org/2013/02/25/172900833/do-we-need-humans?showDate=2014-02-28 3番目のゲストでのやりとりでスマートフォンによる同時通訳が実演されたのですが、更にもっとこの技術が向上するという話を聞きました。 3. Andrew McAfee: Are Droids Taking Our Jobs? ・http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=173000457&m=174028480&live=1http://www.npr.org/2013/08/16/173000457/are-droids-taking-our-jobs リンク前者はラジオでの放送で、後者は公演の録画で、前者にスマホでの同時通訳が出てきます。聞く話すに関してコンピュータやそのプログラムは格段に向上しつつあるようです。いままで語学で身を立てようと考えていたのですが、かなり気になります。 コンピューターが翻訳家・通訳にとって代わることは考えられるでしょうか? また、そうでないにしても、こうした職業にどのような影響があるでしょうか? 皆さんのお考えをお伺いしたく思います。よろしくお願い申し上げます。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)
回答No.1

日常会話のような専門性がないものは、機械翻訳でもう十分対応できるようになると思います。2020年あたりを目標にしているかと思いますが、東京五輪に来る人への同時通訳は「日常会話程度」なら大丈夫になるでしょう。 「日常会話」という言い方にこだわっている理由は、機械翻訳は決まり文句と字面どおりの翻訳は可能だが、その先の専門性がある話題で「文脈を読まないと理解できない概念」を認識するまでのハードルはすぐには超えられないだろう、という思いからです。 つまり、各専門分野で、hot な話題が出たときに、たいてい従来からある形容詞などに新しい意味を持たせたり、従来からある名詞を並べて限定された意味合いをもつ専門用語を「新しい概念」として提言することが多いのですが、それが「旧来前とした表現」のままで訳されるであろう、というレベルにとどまるのではないか、と思っています。 そういう、法務翻訳、技術翻訳(知的財産関連)や文学翻訳などニュアンスや専門性が譲れない分野、そして翻訳ミスが命取りとなる国際会議での同時通訳などは生き残ると思います。 一方、映画のプロモーションでハリウッドスターの会話を訳していたり、字幕翻訳で14文字に超訳することで生きてきた古い方々は隠居するしかなくなるのではないでしょうか。

jonathan4403
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語から日本語への通訳お願いします。

やはり、通訳サイトでは内容がつかめなかったので 英文を日本語に通訳してくださる方、お願い致します。 Sorry to brother you again. Can you please prepare one design with both the heart shape border and logo (all in one) "outlined illustrator data" for our manufacturer? Because we are using silk screen print. 以上です。 お手数をおかけいたしますが宜しくお願いします。

• この語の後の省略とは・・・

Illegal aliens, Americans say, are taking our jobs away from us. They are increasing our taxes by filling welfare rolls. But are these complaints really justified? Tom Roach says no, they aren't. 最後のaren'tの後には何が省略されていますか? 訳は「彼らはそうではない」と書かれていたので taking,increasingだと思うのですが。。 ただ、私はtheyがthese complaints、その後ろの省略は justifiedの方がいいかと思うのですが、どうですか?

• able toの関係代名詞的用法

We need to help elderly people who are not able to do household works. というような文章を、 We need to help elderly people, able to do household works. というように略して書いてある文章を見かけるのですが このような用法って正しかったでしょうか? どうやって検索すれば正しいかどうか分かりますか?

• 日本語訳を教えて下さい。

この英文の訳を教えて下さい。 Humans are by nature inquisitive: if we see something we don't understand, we have a need to find out, even if our investigations are damaging towards ourselves and the environment. But the destruction that could result if Onkalo were excavated in the future is much more extreme than simply rejecting the wishes of the dead or disrespecting their beliefs. In fact, if we don't think of the right ways to manage the problem, there may not be any humans in the future to judge whether what we did was right or wrong.

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I are the youngest of our siblings, now all in our 50s with nearly grown children. Despite having the same opportunities, my husband and I are the only ones to have finished college, stayed married and kept the same jobs. As a result, we have a nice home, two cars and college tuition set aside for our kids, and can take family vacations. Our three siblings dropped out of college, racked up credit card debt, married and divorced multiple times, compromised their health with alcohol and tobacco abuse and left jobs as soon as the work became tiresome. They live in tenuous circumstances. We never judge or lecture. Lately, as the direness of their situation has pressed them into tough decisions, they keep bringing up how "lucky" my husband and I are to have all the security that we do, as if we didn't earn it or make sacrifices over many years to conserve our resources. While we are indeed blessed, luck had little to do with it. We've been disciplined. We have generously helped our siblings whenever the need arose, including college tuitions, car down payments, emergency veterinary bills and even funeral expenses. Now it seems they believe it was our duty, and with the holidays coming up, their comments are escalating. This is terribly hurtful. My husband is able to let this matter slide. But I need a civil response when our siblings accuse us of "owing" them because our circumstances are so much "luckier" than theirs. compromised their healthとtenuous circumstancesとlet this matter slideの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 助動詞needには肯定文がない?

助動詞needには肯定文がない? NHKラジオ英会話講座より Did you see our electric bill? It was twice the usual amount. Why is that? Did we leave the air conditioner on? We need to be more careful. (・・・・・。もっと気をつけないと。) 質問:We need to be more careful.のneedについてお尋ねします。 (1)辞書によると「助動詞needは否定/疑問で使い、肯定文ではhave(got) toを使う。」と書いてあります。何か理由があれば教えて下さい。? (2)もしも、肯定文で使えれば上記の文章はWe need be more careful.となりますが、ダメですか? (3)他の助動詞と違い、needだけ助動詞の他に動詞もあるのでしょうか? (4)S+need to do/S+need doing/ S+need doneの使い分けに関して、さわりだけでも教えていただけると幸いです。以上

• 和訳お願いします

Chimps are smart, but humans are lot smarter. Until now, there have been two competing ideas to explain why. The general-intelligence theory says that our bigger and more complex brains give us an overall edge. The cultural-intelligence hypothesis, by contrast, says that humans have specific areas of intelligenve where we excel; our brains are not just bigger, but also better than those of our nearest evolutionary relatives.

• この文章を日本語に訳してください。

この文章を日本語に訳してください。 We will not have any of the 1:150 variants, but may have some of the 1:100, 1:50, and other variants remaining once we go through our in-store pre-orders. If you are interested in those, please make all further contact through our store's e-mail at sales@ilovespidey.com. We do not use ebay to conduct non-ebay sales. We will also need to calculate international shipping prices for you if we are sending to Japan.

• 次の英文が分かりません。翻訳、お願いします。

Since humans live much longer than before, many people are concerned about what we can do provide care for the growing elderly population in the future.

• 訳し方がわかりません

よろしくおねがいします。 Hence,I call it an adjustment because,simply put,we are taking our price back to only a few yen higher than what was the original price,back in the year 2001. we are taking~の文章は、simply put back in the year 2001 に単に同格として挿入されてるものだとおもうのですが・・・。 2001年の水準に戻すということだと思いますが、 original priceは 元々の値段のことでしょうか?原価でしょうか? 全体としてどのように訳せばよいのか教えてください。