• ベストアンサー

At the bare minimum

At the bare minimum, they need to take this seriously, and stop enabling your sister, who is committing crimes that you are the victim of. It's absolutely wrong. https://www.npr.org/2017/05/07/527025897/a-family-a-traffic-ticket-and-a-2-year-lie At the bare minimumはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

At the bare minimumはどのような意味でしょうか?  裸の最低 > 最少限度としても > 少なくても(の強調)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• I want to look at the mowers, and w

I want to look at the mowers, and wonder why fatness, elderliness and black trousers should inevitably wear a mew straw hat of the boater variety, move in stiff jerks, shove the end of the scythe-stroke with a certain violence, and win my heart disapproval,as contrasted with young long thinness,bright blue cotton trousers,a bare black head,and a pretty lifting movement at the end of the scythe-stroke.を日本語に訳してください 意味的には2人の芝を刈る人がいて1人は太めでうごきがぎくしゃくしていて私を不満に思わしそれに比べて細身の方が動きが良いみたいな事なんですが綺麗に訳せません よろしくお願いします。

• I want to look at the mowers, and w

I want to look at the mowers, and wonder why fatness, elderliness and black trousers should inevitably wear a mew straw hat of the boater variety, move in stiff jerks, shove the end of the scythe-stroke with a certain violence, and win my heart disapproval,as contrasted with young long thinness,bright blue cotton trousers,a bare black head,and a pretty lifting movement at the end of the scythe-stroke. という文章を綺麗な日本語訳にしてください 内容的には芝刈りをしてる男が2人いて一人は太っていて黒いズボンをはいていて草刈りがうまくなくてもう一人の細身で若い方は草刈りの動作が美しいみたいな事だと思うのですが綺麗な訳になりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• at one time or anotherの訳語

one American psychologist estimates that the average person tells as many as 200 lies a day, including "little white lies" and excuses such as: "I couldn't finish my homework because the electricity went off in our house." Almost everyone tells a lie at one time or another without feeling that he or she has done something terribly wrong. May people lie without hesitation because they feel that there is good reason for it. のat one time or anotherの訳語ですが、「一度ならず」でいいのでしょうか?ジーニアスには「過去の何かの折に」と書いてあり、「一度ならず」という訳語は他にもいろいろ調べましたが載っておりません。(確かに、前者の訳語のほうがしっくりくるような気がしますが。)宜しくお願いします。

• 英語のエッセイのイントロダクションの部分のアドバイスをお願いいたします。

People do lie. They tell you a lie for their own benefit, to survive, or sometimes for somebody else's sake. Of course I do tell people a lie when it is needed. Everyone knows that telling a lie is bad. However, they lie at any time. Lies, there are two types, acceptable lies and unacceptable lies. 結構自分なりに直してみたのですが、みなさんからみてわかりやすいでしょうか?また直したらよい点などありましたらご指摘お願いします。 「嘘をつくことは良し悪しがある」という題でエッセイを書きます。

• arrangementの意味

I’m a straight woman, and about a year and a half ago I met a fella named “Sam”. The connection was intense and immediate. Trick is, I was married at the time to “Kyle” but seriously depressed and unsatisfied in that arrangement. 辞書にarrangementのそれらしい意味がなかったのですが、ここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 意味が分かりません。

It's twenty-one degrees at five twenty-two. I'm Tim Ellis with a Mix Ninety-six second update. Mix ninety-six time saver traffic is showing westbound traffic blocked at one hundred fifty-third avenue westbound at ninety-seventh street. Stay left to get by. If you spot traffic problems or radar locations, call the Mix Ninety-six traffic line four three seven, nineth-two twelve or star nine six three on Rogers AT and T. 意味がよく読みとれません。 traffic problemだから、交通情報についての話しでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

My husband died about four years ago. He died very suddenly two days before his 50th birthday from a very aggressive form of blood cancer. It was a shock to everyone, and very tragic. At that time, my older sister and my mom were in Korea, my younger brother in Hong Kong and my younger sister was local but pregnant. my younger sister was localとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

"The mother bedridden all these years and worth a fortune. But what good is it to her?" "What chance is there for Miss Simmonds now, with that eye?" "She'll get the money. He will get the bare legal minimum only." "No, they say he's to get everything. In trust." "I believe Mrs Simmonds has left everything to her daughter." My grandmother said, "She should divide her fortune---" "---equally between them," said my aunt. "Fair's fair." I invented for myself a recurrent scene in which brother and sister emerged from their mother's room and, on the narrow landing, allowed their gaze to meet in unspoken combat over their inheritance. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 Miss Simmondsと"he"は姉弟です。( Mrs Simmonds<the mother>は二人の母親です) 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 ---------------------------------------------------- ところどころ意味がわからないのですが、 ● the bare legal minimumのbareはどういう意味ですか? ● In trust・・・委託して? ●Fair's fair・・・公平の公平?どういう意味でしょうか? ●on the narrow landing・・・狭い踊り場の上で? ● allowed their gaze to meet in unspoken combat over their inheritance. ここはどうやって訳すのでしょうか? 前文は For the rest of the holidays I thought of him as "Basil", and by asking questions and taking more interest than usual in the conversation around me I formed an idea of his private life. "Dorothy," I speculated, "and Basil." I let my mind dwell on them until I saw a picture of the rooms above the shop. I hung round at tea-time and, in order to bring the conversation round to Dorothy and Basil, told our visitors I had been to get my eyes tested. となっています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

My father has just collapsed from a cancer none of us knew he had. He is ailing, and my mother is absolutely freaking out. She has always had undiagnosed, untreated mental illnesses. Since his retirement, she has clung to my father. My sister is there trying to manage things while my father is in the hospital. ここでのMy sister is thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 関係形容詞whichについて。

She was told not to leave her house late at night, WHICH advice she followed. このwhichなのですがなぜwhoseがダメなのか分かりません。 She was told not to leave her house late at night, and she followd its advice. ならば自然ではありませんか? ※She said she could play the piano, which was a lie. ならば、She said she could play the pian, but IT was a lie. となりますよね。 ご教示、よろしくお願いいたします。