English Word Order, Polite Understatement, African-American Words, Mistake by Columbus, Non-Verbal Disagreement in Japanese, Cultural Generalizations, Individualism in Young Japanese, Appreciated Forms of English

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In natural English, some of the words becomes shortened pronunciation.
  • Understatement is sometimes used to be polite.
  • There have been words for African-Americans over several years.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の並べ替え

1. In natural English, (words / shortened / pronunciation / some / the / of / becomes). 2. Understatement (order / sometimes / to be / is / in / polite / used). 3. There have been (African-Americans / the years / for / words / over / several). 4. The word ‘Indian’ (a mistake / by / was / Christopher Columbus / made / actually). 5. Japanese (disagreement / to / show / have / non-verbal / several / ways). 6. There are (to / exceptions / generalizations / always / cultural / some). 7. Young Japanese may be (individualism / language / showing / more / their / in). 8. Many other forms of English (the world / are / around / appreciated / now / spoken). わかる範囲での回答で構いませんので, 皆さんよろしくお願い致します.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

1. In natural English, (some pronunciation of the words becomes shortened). 2. Understatement (is sometimes used in order to be polite.) 3. There have been (several words for African-Americans over the years.) 4. The word ‘Indian’ (was actually a mistake made by Christopher Columbus). 5. Japanese (have several non-verbal ways to show disagreement). 6. There are (always some exceptions to cultural generalization). 7. Young Japanese may be (showing more individualism in their language.) 8. Many other forms of English (spoken around the world are now appreciated.) 以上でいかがでしょうか?

heeeelpmeeee
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

1. In natural English, the pronunciation of some words becomes shortened. 2. Understatement is sometimes used in order to be polite. 3. There have been several words for African-Americans over the years. 4. The word ‘Indian’ was a mistake actually made by Christopher Columbus. 5. Japanese have several non-verbal ways to show disagreement. 6. There are always some cultural exceptions to generalizations. 7. Young Japanese may be showing more individualism in their language. 8. Many other forms of English are now appreciated spoken around the world.

heeeelpmeeee
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 英語できる方、教えてください。。。

訳し方が分かりません。英語が得意な方、教えてください。 Most territories in which English is spoken as a second language still have an (ambiguous) orientation to British English; British publishers have a major share of the global ELT market and there are signs that even US companies are using the British variety to gain greater acceptance in some world markets. 1. Most territoriesとEnglish以下を繋いでいるin whichの部分の訳し方が分かりません。 2. as a second languageのasは「~として」と訳していいのでしょうか? 3. orientation to British Englishは「イギリス英語への起源」と訳していいのでしょうか?また、その直後の";"はどう処理すればいいのでしょうか?

• 英語の訳お願いします!

Have you ever seen the fossils of dinosaurs in a museum?Some are gigantic and horrible and some are small and pretty.If dinosaurs ( (1)) today, the world would get into a total panic.Of course we know that they disappeard from the Earth about 65 million years ago.But wouldn`t you be surprised to hear that their descendants still exist today?Dinosaurs are reptiles that existed in ancient times.Today,reptiles can be found all over the world.For example,lizards,snakes,alligators and turtles are all reptiles.So, are these animals the direct descendants of dinosaurs?Some scientists say it`s actually birds that are the descendants of dinosaurs.This may seem unbelievable, because birds have feathers,wings and most of them can fly.These characteristics seem completely different from those of dinosaurs. But if you have seen the fossil of an ancient bird called the archaeopteryx , you may have noticed some similarities in form between the archaeopteryx and some dinosaurs.Recently,dinosaur fossils which share many properties with birds have been found(another/after/one). Some of them are said to have had feathers on thier body, In view of this evidence, more and more scientists have come to think that birds have evolved from dinosaurs of some kind. If dinosaurs hadn`t existed, there wouldn`t be any birds today. It`s a real surprise that two animals that look so different are so closely related to each other.

• 英語で何て言えば良いでしょうか?

『私の発音で改善した方が良いと思ったところがあれば教えてください。』 英語で言うと何て言えば良いでしょうか? 一応自分で考えたものは以下です。 『 Please let me know if you think that there are words to need to improve in my English pronunciation.』 特に「改良が必要な単語がある。」の部分はどう言えば良いでしょうか? words to need to improve は『改良するのが必要とされる単語』という意味で合ってますよね?? 教えてください よろしくお願いします。

• 英語

空所に入る適切な語句 You probably know that the modern  Japanese language has hundreds of English loan wordsーwords that Japanese have (1) from English and adopted to fit into their own language. For English speakers, tracing these words back to their (2) is not very difficult. For example, “sukejuuru” is the (3) of the English “ schedule”, and “intaanetto” is “internet”. Since loan words like these have become part of native Japanese speakers’ everyday vocabulary, there is (4) chance that they will stop using them. However, there are many loan words that have remained unfamiliar to Japanese. To help (5) with this problem, one national institute drew up a list of Japanese terms for difficult loan words. One of the loan words on the list is "yunibaasaru dezain”(universal design). Since this word has not (6) root, the institute came up with another expression in Japanese with the same meaning: “bannin-muke sekkei”. 1borrowed found imitated studied 2concept idea origin reason 3equal equality equation equivalent 4few little several some 5concern deal handle treat 6grown got made taken (1)は特にどれも当てはまる気がしてなかなか解答を決定し辛かったです。 文法的な誤り指摘問題です。 1 When our friends (arrived) and (went into) our garden, they (were fallen) over the flower pot that (lay) in front of them (on) the path. 2 By the time I (made it home) from work, my son (was waiting) outside the house for (more than) three hours because he (had forgotten) his key once again. 3 As I (was returning) to my car, I discovered that I (had left) my keys at the restaurant (which) I (had been talking) with (a number of) friends. 4 I can't see my grandmother (without feeling sad), as she is (any more) the wise woman (that) (she used to be). 5 The journalist (fell ill) after (working) for thirty hours (in success) (to cover the visit) of the famous soccer player. 6 (Fewer) hours of sunshine and lower temperatures (have affected) sales of summer items last year, but manufacturers (are hoping) that demand for these items (will rise) this year. 7 (If) we quickly provide customers (with) the right item, they often got the impression (which) we (have done) something “extra” for them. 多分これではないかという見当はありますが、何故かの根拠がはっきり分かりませんでした。

• [英語] ()並べ替えを教えて下さい><

1. I never would have () () () () () quiet park in the middle of the city. (1) a (2) dreamed (3) there could (4) such (5) be 2. I cannot concentrate () () () () () behind me. (1) you (2) standing (3) on what (4) with (5) I am reading 3. You can't () () () () () he is younger than you! (1) just because (2) brother (3) your (4) talk to (5) like that

• 翻訳お願いします。

In South Africa, many people consider their own kind of English, with words of their native languages mixed in, as a sign of freedom. Callenging the powe of british or American English in Europe, some people in the European Union are promoting another lind called Euro English. they feel it would be more familiar to non-native speakers of English.

• 海外文通をしているのですが,おかしな英語の部分の指摘をお願いします。

海外文通をしているのですが,おかしな英語の部分の指摘をお願いします。 I found some photographs of the town where you live in on the Internet. You live in the wonderful town! I become happy just to look photographs which the German house and building, because they are stylish unlike Japan. Every scenery is very beautiful. I think I am happy if I can live in such a beautiful town. [文省略(地名の話をしていて…)] Does it have deep relation to Japan? What kind of place is it? We have the administrative divisions of Japan, they consist of 47, and there are 4 main lands in Japan. I studied German, and I thought German and English are different what pronunciation and words so on. But I envy you that they have same word order as Japanese. (↑「日本人として語順がだいたい同じと言うところは,とても羨ましく思います。」はこれで良いのでしょうか?) I would like to know a lot of words and would like to talk with the person of various countries. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です!

Have you ever seen the fossils of dinosaurs in a museum?Some are gigantic and horrible and some are small and pretty.If dinosaurs ( (1)) today, the world would get into a total panic.Of course we know that they disappeard from the Earth about 65 million years ago.But wouldn`t you be surprised to hear that their descendants still exist today?Dinosaurs are reptiles that existed in ancient times.Today,reptiles can be found all over the world.For example,lizards,snakes,alligators and turtles are all reptiles.So, are these animals the direct descendants of dinosaurs?Some scientists say it`s actually birds that are the descendants of dinosaurs.This may seem unbelievable, because birds have feathers,wings and most of them can fly.These characteristics seem completely different from those of dinosaurs. But if you have seen the fossil of an ancient bird called the archaeopteryx , you may have noticed some similarities in form between the archaeopteryx and some dinosaurs.Recently,dinosaur fossils which share many properties with birds have been found(another/after/one). Some of them are said to have had feathers on thier body, In view of this evidence, more and more scientists have come to think that birds have evolved from dinosaurs of some kind. If dinosaurs hadn`t existed, there wouldn`t be any birds today. It`s a real surprise that two animals that look so different are so closely related to each other. 1空所(1)に入れる語として適切なものを選べ。 アexisted イhave existed ウexist エwill exist 2These characteristics とは何か。日本語で3つ書きなさい。 3(another/after/one).の語を正しく並べ換えなさい。 4If dinosaurs hadn`t existed, there wouldn`t be any birds today. を和訳しなさい。 5When did dinosaurs disappear from the Earth? 6次のa~eについて本文に合うものには○、合わないものには×を書きなさい。 a.All of the dinosaurs were gigantic. b.Reptiles didn‘t disappear from the Earth. c.There are no dinosaur fossils which share properties with birds. d.Some dinosaurs probably had feathers on their body. e.Some scientists think dinosaurs are the direct descendants of birds.

• be awae ofについて

いつもお世話になっています。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 There are several things online businesspeople need to be aware of in order to improve their advertising effectiveness. (1)be aware ofと in order toの間にどうして名詞がないのでしょうか?  このままでは文法が成り立たないように感じます。  何かを省略しているのでしょうか? おそれおりますが、ご指導の程どうぞ宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 【英文解釈】in which to do it

In English one can say “I went to town” without indicating the means used to get there. The native American Navaho people would have no equivalent of the general “went” but would need to specify whether he walked, rode a horse, rode in a wagon, a car, a train or a plane. On the other hand there are things you cannot be general about in English unless you use extra words in which to do it. 最後の5語 in which to do it について質問します。 do it とは何を指すのでしょうか? whichの先行詞はextra wordsですので、最後の5語は解釈上to do it in extra wordsとなるのですが、doを主節のbe general aboutから連想してgeneralizeと見定めると、itがthingsを指すことになり単複が一致せず矛盾してしまいます… doは別の単語を指すのでしょうか? それとも、itが複数を受ける例もあるのでしょうか? どうか皆様の叡智をお貸しください。