President Obama's Morning Activities in New York

このQ&Aのポイント
  • President Obama's activities in New York on Saturday morning were reported by the newspaper.
  • The difference in time zones around the world affects the way information is presented on international television channels.
  • The language we use is influenced by our sense of time, as demonstrated by the use of 'this morning' versus 'Saturday morning'.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語

英訳したので添削お願いします。 It's Saturday evening at 10 o'clock, and you want to talk about what you did 12 hours before. You'll say something like this: I went to the shops this morning. But turn in to one of the international television channels, such as the BBC World Service or CNN, and you'll hear something different. It's still Saturday, but the newspaper will say: President Obama was in New York Saturday morning. You won't hear: President Obama was in New York this morning. This is because the programme is being broadcast in many parts of world, where the time zones are different. In some place, it will already be Sunday morning, so to say ‘this morning’ could be ambiguous. It's another example of where the setting influences the nature of the language we use - though in this case the change is caused by our sense of time, not of place. 10時の土曜日の夕方です、そして、あなたは何の前に12時間をしたか話したいです。あなたは、このように何かを言います:私は、今朝、店に行きました。しかし、国際的テレビ・チャンネル(例えばBBCワールドサービスまたはCNN)の1つに中へ入ってください、そして、あなたは異なる何かを聞きます。それは土曜日に静かです、しかし、新聞は以下のように伝えています:オバマ大統領は、土曜日の朝にニューヨークにいました。あなたは、聞きません:オバマ大統領は、今朝、ニューヨークにいました。これはプログラムが世界の多くの地域で放送されているからです、そこで、タイムゾーンは異なります。どこかでは、すでに日曜日の朝であるので、『今朝』言うことはあいまいでありえました。それはセッティングが我々が使用する言語の性質に影響するところのもう一つの例です-しかしこの場合、変化は時間(場所でないことの)の我々の感覚に起因します。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.1

和訳なさった部分の添削で宜しいでしょうか? 英文には特に問題がみつかりません。↓以下が添削した部分です。 It's Saturday evening at 10 o'clock, and you want to talk about what you did 12 hours before. You'll say something like this: 10時の土曜日の夕方です、そして、あなたは何の前に12時間をしたか話したいです。あなたは、このように何かを言います: ↓ この書き出しは現在形であっても仮定の話しをしているので、下記のように訳してはいかがでしょう? 「今土曜日の午後10時です。そしてあなたはこの前12時間に何をしたか話したいとします。多分こんな感じのことを言うでしょう: I went to the shops this morning. 私は、今朝、店に行きました。 But turn in to one of the international television channels, such as the BBC World Service or CNN, and you'll hear something different. It's still Saturday, but the newspaper will say: しかし、国際的テレビ・チャンネル(例えばBBCワールドサービスまたはCNN)の1つに中へ入ってください、そして、あなたは異なる何かを聞きます。 ↓ しかし、BBCワールドサービスやCNNといった国際テレビ放送をつけると別の何かが聞こえてきます。まだ土曜日ですが新聞はこう述べるでしょう。 ※turn in→turn on の間違いだと思います。 President Obama was in New York Saturday morning. オバマ大統領は、土曜日の朝にニューヨークにいました You won't hear: あなたは、聞きません ↓ あなたには次のようには聞こえません。 President Obama was in New York this morning. オバマ大統領は、今朝、ニューヨークにいました。 This is because the programme is being broadcast in many parts of world, where the time zones are different. これはプログラムが世界の多くの地域で放送されているからです、そこで、タイムゾーンは異なります。 ↓ これはタイムゾーンの異なる世界の多くの場所で、番組が放送されているためです。 In some place, it will already be Sunday morning, so to say ‘this morning’ could be ambiguous. どこかでは、すでに日曜日の朝であるので、『今朝』言うことはあいまいでありえました。 ↓ どこかではすでに日曜日の朝なので、「今朝」と言うことは曖昧かもしれません。 It's another example of where the setting influences the nature of the language we use - though in this case the change is caused by our sense of time, not of place. それはセッティングが我々が使用する言語の性質に影響するところのもう一つの例です-しかしこの場合、変化は時間(場所でないことの)の我々の感覚に起因します。 ↓ これは状況が私達の使う言語の性質に影響を与える別の例です。しかしこの場合変化は、私達の方向性ではなく、時間の観念によって引き起こされるのです。

base1220
質問者

お礼

とても参考になりました。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の文法及び意味合いについて

英語の文法及び意味合いについて分からないことがあるので教えてください。 「家の前を今朝から車がずっと走っていてうるさい」を英訳するとどれが一番正しいでしょうか? 1.There have been cars going in front of my house since this morning, making noise. 2.Cars have been going in front of my house since this morning, making noise. 3.There has been noise caused by cars going in front of my house since this morning. アドバイスお願いいたします。

• 視聴率情報(英語) 和訳の解釈が正しいか見てください。

"In March 2005, this program on XX放送(テレビ局名) generated the best time period ratings since the 4th quarter of 2003 for Kids 2-11" 和訳:2005年3月、XX放送で放映されたこの番組は2歳から11歳児童の間で2003年第4四半期以来の最高視聴率を打ち出した。 質問1.上記和訳でいいでしょうか? 質問2.「the best time period ratings」は最高視聴率と訳していいでしょうか?これだと「time period」が入っていない訳になってしまいます が問題ないでしょうか。 This program is the #1 Saturday Morning Broadcast program this season (2003年1月から2003年6月) for Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11. It also is the #1 Broadcast program in its time period for Boys 2-11. この番組は今シーズン(2003年1月から2003年6月)、2歳から11歳児童と6歳から11歳児童の間で、ナンバーワンの土曜朝の番組だ。またこの期間、2歳から11歳男子の間でもナンバーワンの放映番組になっている。 質問1.英文中の「in its time period」は「this season」を指していますか?それとも「Saturday morning broadcast (program)」を指していますか。和訳は「this season」を指していると解釈して訳しました。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の意味

(1)A space age spectacle awaits you, as a constellation of fluorescent props coalesce in a perfectly choreographed show. Quite simply out of this world. 「as a constellation of fluorescent props coalesce in a perfectly choreographed show. Quite simply out of this world.」はどういう意味でしょうか? (2)It’s one small step for man. One giant leap for mankind...And one significant amount of dancing. Join our space age party for a truly stellar experience. 「stellar experience」ってどういう意味でしょうか?

• 訳みてください

I tried to call you this morning but was engaged? (6.45) 今朝6時45分?に電話したけど??? engagedは、雇うとか従事だと思いますがここでのengagedはどう訳したらいいですか?話中とか、出なかったね、という感じですか? Saturday or Sunday is OK for me. 土曜か日曜はOK(会えるよ) for meは、あなたの為に?ですか?あなたに?ですか? present for youだと、あなたにとなると思うんですが・・ お願いします

• 前置詞の要らない副詞句は

Our school band is giving a concert this Saturday evening. の this Saturday evening の前には前置詞がつきませんが We'll be seeing the sights of Kyoto at this time tomorrow. で this time の前に at(前置詞)がつきます。 この at は省略できるのでしょうか?それとも必要なのでしょうか? last week とか this morning は慣用的に何も前置詞がつかないのでしょうか?何か法則がありますか?困っています。 

• this summerのin

this summer(今年の夏), this morning(今朝)で副詞句として使われますが、in this summer,in this morningとしては間違いなのですか?それからa good memory in this summerでしょうか a good memory of this summer? a good memory this summerでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 訳し方が分かりません

英語の教科書で、訳し方が分からないので教えてください。 Three museums in the world are famous for the vastness of their collections: the Metropolitain in New York, the Louvre in Paris, and the British Museum in London. Only the last of these is free. Students always line up early to be the first to enter at opening time in the morning in order to spend as much time as possible in this treasure trove of world history, archaeology, and art. 世界で有名な物がニューヨークにあるメトロポリタン美術館、パリにあるルーブル美術館、ロンドンにある大英美術館に集まっている。無料で見ることが出来る。生徒たちはいつも、朝早くから整列して、時間の許す限り貴重な発見物、考古学、芸術作品などの世界の歴史を調べながら過ごす。

• 英語の訳をお願いします

How was your photo? Anyway, I came to bring to school today Saturday also have to go to school is horrible So hard to get up in the morning I got up at 6:00. When you get up? Yusuke You saw me for the first time How did I?

• Q3つ、よろしくお願いします♪

こんにちは、お世話になります。自然な言い回しが知りたいので、質問しました。 still busy...I can't sleep yet...の返答が知りたいです。 Q1ご回答者さまですと、どう返答しますか?(参考にしたいので♪) Q2「何もないよりは忙しい方がマシかも、でも体に気をつけてね!」と返答する場合、どう言いますか? 私の英文ですと↓こうなります。  It's might be better than nothing, but take care of yourself. これで合ってますか? Q3「今度の土曜日も忙しい?」は、  Will you be still busy this coming Saturday?  Are you still busy this coming Saturday? Are/Will両方使えますか? お手数かけますが、どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• It’s been a long night in New York

It’s been a long night in New York City It’s been a long time since 20 too I don’t remember you looking any better But then again I don’t remember, don't remember you この意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。