• ベストアンサー

勝手ながら~する

「勝手ながら、調査を自分で行っています。」を英訳してみました。 I take the liberty of investigating on my own. If you know better way to convey the above meaning, please inform me.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

I understand your question is about English translation of 勝手ながら。”Take the liberty of” is, I agree, the phrase best suited, but sounds a little too formal. I’m not saying that my example is better than your example but in daily informal conversation, I would say, for instance: I just went ahead and doing the investigation on my own

flex1101
質問者

お礼

Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't recognize that the phase is too formal. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Also, I appreciate your example.

その他の回答 (2)

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

前後の文脈によりますが take the liberty は重々しいので I am studying it myself. などとあっさり表現を使うとよいかなと思いました。ご参考までに。

flex1101
質問者

お礼

take the libertyは重々しいのですか。 勉強になりました。 ありがとうございます。

• DrQ2233
  • ベストアンサー率8% (1/12)
回答No.1

"take" は『動作動詞』なので現在形にすると「いつも~する」と≪恒常性≫を表します。「~しています」と≪状態≫にするには現在進行形時制にしましょう。また、何を調査するのか、目的語がないと少々不自然さが残ります。"investigating the matter" 「物事を」と付け加えれば完璧です。 I am taking the liberty of investigating the matter on my own. が正解です。

flex1101
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 takeの使い方について、不注意でした。 勉強になりました。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

DEAR ABBY: I am having issues with a friend who gets handed most everything he wants. I had to grow up when I was very young, pay my own way for things and take care of myself. gets handed most everything he wantsとpay my own way for thingsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 添削お願いします。:自分自身の解釈

また、お邪魔します。 添削お願いします。 彼の言葉を自分勝手な意味に取らないように心がけてます。 I always try not to take his words as in my way of understanding. 彼はその言葉を自分自身の解釈をして不機嫌になったようだ。 He seemed to get annoyed because he interpreted the word in his own way.

• この短い会話文を訳して頂けないでしょうか?ご協力宜しくお願い致します。

完璧に理解するために、2、3件の回答を比べたいと思っております。 数件既に書き込まれていても、答えが同じでも構わず書き込んで頂ければ幸いです。確認のためです。 全文、和訳でよろしくお願い致します。 和夫・Why are you taking the bus to work? 聖子・My car is in the repair shop again. 和夫・You sure have had a lot of work done on that thing lately. 聖子・Yeah, I'm getting to know the people down at the garage better than my own family. この文中で、特にYou sure have had a lot of work done on that thing lately.の on that thing と、 I'm getting to know the people down at the garage better than my own family の know the people down がいまいち理解できません。 こちらも別個で訳を解説して頂ければ幸いです。 何卒よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語 の質問です。

You know my way I want you Gettin' your love Sounds good to me You will take me with desire In the flame of fire Get in on you see my burning light uooh! You know my way I want you Gettin' your love Sounds good to me You will take me with desire In the flame of fire Get in on you see my burning light In the f lame of fire This is all for you you got me ある歌の歌詞ですが、日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? 自分で訳すと何だかしっくりこなかったもので…m(__)m

• 歌詞ですが 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 (1) Ain't nothing better than watching you smile. Ain't nothing better than watching you laugh. out loud, my baby. Ain't nothing better than watching you, me, you. Ain't nothing better than right now . (2) In your eyes lie the secrets I don't wanna miss. Put your hand in my hand and make a fist. Grab my shirt. curl your lip as if you know staring back in my eyes saying "please don't go" (3) I don't know what it is. That you really want or you need. Hate every moment away from you.  see you sleeping in my dreams. I know you're in your mothers arms. I know that you're safe from harm. You know I'm coming home real soon. And I'm bringing all my love for you. (4) And I can't take away the pain if I don't know you're hurting again. I can't leave you on your own. if I know you're crying all alone. my hearts pumping black and blues. (5) that's how I feel when I'm not with you. A million years pass every day,  losing the time I'm always on my way. I don't know what it is. I hope you understand when I'm gone. I'll always come back home for you. Open your eyes to a brand new dawn. (6) Let us have this moment of truth. Let us have this moment, our youth. Cause all my time goes so fast. Hope my life slows so this can last.

• この英文はどういう意味ですか?

先日旅行先のホテルに忘れ物をし、メールで問い合わせをしたところ 確認がとれましたので。私は以下の返信をしました(私自身は英語ができないのでokwaveで英文をコピペしました) ______________________ Thank you very very much!!!!! for your finding my personal thing left behind. Will you send it by courier service ? It is OK for your convenient way about the payment. Please let me know its way. Surely I have credit cards. Please let me know the amount I have to pay if possible. Thank you. You helped me a lot. ______________________ 「国際便で忘れ物を届けてほしい、その値段も教えて欲しい」という旨です。 そして以下がホテル側から帰ってきた返信がこちらです ______________________ Great to hear that it is yours I will inform back to you while I know price. Thanks and Best Regards, ______________________ 短い文章で帰ってきたので、ちゃんと私の想いが伝わっているのか不安になりました ホテルからの返信をどなたか訳してください、よろしくお願い致します。

• 過去の仮定文

下記の過去の事実なんで、その事実に反する、ありそうもない過去の仮定文に書きかえてみたんですが、これで合っているでしょうか? 1.I did not take better notes, since I did not know that question was going to be on the examination. Ans.>I did take good notes for examination. 2.I did not bring my tennis racket and shoes, since I did not know that you were looking for a partner. Ans.>I did bring my tennis racket and shoes, because I did know that you were looking for a partner.

• 英訳をお願いします。緊急です。

英訳して頂けませんか。宜しくお願い致します。2月5日に配送したものです。 It's probably to early to start worry, but could you tell me please when the fountain pen has been posted. And if know how long normally it's take to reach London.Kind Regards

• Bath Studying English

I want to study English in the bathtub. If you know, please tell me how to do this? However, I don't want my books to be damp, so tell me the way except bringing it into.

• セリフで使いたいため英訳をお願いします!

セリフで使いたいため英訳をお願いします! (1)やぁ、みんな。 今日は僕の大好きな先生 を紹介するよ。 彼は 英語の先生ですっごくカッコイイんだ。 まぁ、ちょっと変わってるんだけどね。 だって先生って・・・ あ、噂してたら先生の登場だ! (2)どう?(マジで)狂ってるだろ? てか、お前らも濡れちゃってんじゃないの? 全くしょうがない奴らだなぁ(笑) ほら、いくぞ! この2つの英訳をお願いしたいです。 できれば教科書通りの固い感じじゃなくて、リアルな感じのものを教えていただけると助かります。 補足 ちなみに(1)と(2)の間には I know you are mine let's bump-n-grind! Just spend this night I make you wet Just wanna do like a Sex Machine Get Up! Stand Up! please lick my dick Get down! My name is Jack Swing like "New Jack" Rock!"Twist And Shout" English teacher...is a dreamer. (Go)"Take it to the blidge!" というのが入ります。 よろしくお願いします。