• ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

DEAR ABBY: I am having issues with a friend who gets handed most everything he wants. I had to grow up when I was very young, pay my own way for things and take care of myself. gets handed most everything he wantsとpay my own way for thingsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.1

>gets handed most everything he wantsとpay my own way for thingsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします gets handed most everything he wants  ⇒「彼が欲しいと思うものはほとんどすべて手に入れる/手に入る」。 *gets handedを直訳すれば、「手渡されて受け取る」といった感じです。 (handedは目的格補語)。 pay my own way for things  ⇒「私は(欲しいと思う)ものは自分で払う」。 *pay one's own wayという熟語ですが、いろいろな意味があります。 (1)「現金払いで・赤字を出さずにやっていく」 (2)「自分の費用を自分で出す・稼ぐ」 (3)「(非雇用者が)給料以上の働きをする」 (4)「(事業などが)引き合う」 この場合は、(2)の意味用法の例ですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

(1)gets handedでget+過去分詞で受動態になり、 能動態handで、手渡す 受動態gets handedで、「手渡される」もしくは「与えられる」 #1さんのご意見の目的格補語とは違いますね(汗) gets handed most everything he wants. 「彼の欲しい物はほぼなんでも与えられている」 自主的に「手に入れている。」というよりも、おそらく欲しがるものはなんでも与えてしまう両親に甘やかされて育った話が続くのでないでしょうか? (2)pay my own way for things #1さんと重なりますが。 「費用を自分で支払っている。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 訳をお願いします。

訳をお願いします。 I didn't listen to everything he said,but the way he said things made it all sound very interesting.

• よろしくお願いします

I have been with my husband for 20 years. I'm 43, and he's 63. Our sex life has died. He is no longer attracted to me, and he has let me know it. His love is physical, not emotional. I am not the size 4 I was when he met me. As long as my body looks like he wants it to look, he's into me. If I'm a size 8 or more, he is not at all into me. I have a hard time understanding how he can love me for how I look. Long story short, my first love has popped back into my life. I have tested the waters with him, and I'm in over my head with the way he makes me feel. I haven't slept with him yet, but I have done everything but. I have tested the waters with him, and I'm in over my head with the way he makes me feel. の和訳を教えてください。あと、everything butはどのような意味でしょうか?後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 例文集に

例文集に 「何でもかんでも君の好き勝手ばかりはさせないぞ。」 "You shall not have your own way in everything." と言う文があるのですが、 「させないぞ」 と言うのは恐らく I  の意思なので、 マッカーサーが "I shall return." と言ったように、上の文は "I shall not have your own way in everything." とすべきなのではないのでしょうか?

• for what he was

Abby had an emotionally abusive alcoholic father, and she recognized my boyfriend for what he was. for what he wasとfor who he wasの違いについて教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• save him from himself

My five year-old son is starting kindergarten and wants to dress himself. None of his clothing matches and I’m worried his friends and others will make fun of him for the way he looks. He is insisting on picking out his own clothes. My husband and I are torn over what to do. Do we allow him to pick his own clothes OR do we save him from himself and demand he wear what we tell him to? save him from himself はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am getting married next spring, and my fiancé and I are very excited to move to the next phase of our relationship. Wedding planning has been surprisingly easy, save for my mother. My mother has an opinion on everything in that she wants everything to involve her. She wants to pick out music for her to be seated to. pick out music for her to be seated toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• out of storage

When I moved in, he wanted my belongings thrown away, yet he has drawers of junk from 10 years ago. After five months of marriage, I figured my things would be out of storage. Instead, Kevin says we have everything we need and my stuff is "duplicate." my things would be out of storageの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 定冠詞について

What’s the etiquette for asking to move furniture in a shared living space? My roommate is the sort of person who thinks he is the expert on everything and constantly interrupts and explains things that are not pertinent or things I already know. an expertではなくthe expertなのはなぜでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この for はなんですか?

Every time he gets to work there are more things to do than he has time for. 最後の for はどういうことか教えてください。 また、もしかして、文が間違いという可能性もあるのでしょうか?

• よろしくお願いします

DEAR ABBY: I have a dilemma, and I need to know who's right. My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years wants me to move into his apartment, but he says I can't live there for free. He wants me to pay half the rent, cable, water and electric bills. I'm OK with the cable, water and electric. But I say the rent is the same whether I'm there or not, and I don't think I should have to pay rent on HIS place. It would be different if we were married. What do you think? Who's right? -- MAYBE MOVING IN DEAR MAYBE: You are an independent young woman living in the 21st century, and as such, you should carry your share. on HIS placeのonはどのような意味(役割)でしょうか?あと、ここでのas suchはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします