Fred: A Clever Man with a Listening Problem

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Fred thought he was clever, but he seldom listened to others.
  • His wife often complained about his bad listening habits.
  • Despite his skill in mathematics, Fred's impatience hindered his ability to truly understand others.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の質問です!

Fred thought he was a very clever man, and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics, ュ「but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves, he was impatient, and seldom listened to what others were saying. ュ」He was particularly bad about listening to his wife, and she often complained bitterly about this. お願いします!!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1437/3766)
回答No.1

Fred thought he was a very clever man, and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics, but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves, he was impatient, and seldom listened to what others were saying. He was particularly bad about listening to his wife, and she often complained bitterly about this. フレッドは自分が非常に賢いと思っていて、特に数学の技術を誇りに思っていたが、しばしば自分自身ことが高レベルの考えの人々にありがちな、落ち着かない、他の人が言っていたものをあまり聞かない様なところが有りました。 特に妻の話を聞くことに関しては最悪で、彼女はこのことに対して、しばしば強い不満を言いました。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に訳してください(>_<)

Fred thought he was a very clever man,and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics,but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves,he was impatient,and seldom listened to what others were saying. He was particularly bad at listening to his wife Helen,and she often complained bitterly about this. Then one day she had an idea. When he came home from work,she said,"Fred,I've got an amusing puzzle for ynu." "OH,yes,"he answered. "But I suppose you won't listen to what I'm saying,"Helen said,turning away and beginning to prepare dinner. "Of course,I'll listen!"Fred answered angrily."I always listen to what you have to say." "All right,then,"Helen went on. "This is a mathematics puzzle." Fred smailed and said,"You can't find a mathematics puzzle that I can't solve." "Well,"Helen began,"imagine that you're the driver of a bus. There are 42 passengers in it,and at the first bus stop five get off,and eight get on. At the next bus stop nobody gets off,but three more get on. Now the question is 'What's the name of the bus driver?'" Up to this time Fred had been thinking the puzzle was too easy. But now he became angry. "How should I know what the driver's name war?" "There you are!"Helen answered. "You never lirten to what I say! I told you at the beginning of the puzzle the driver of the bus was you." particularly「特に」 bitterly「きつく」 turn away「背を向ける」 There you are!「ほらごらん!」 で訳してください!お願いします!

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There he was on the ground,in no condition to go on, and all of a sudden he was no longer in Poland.instead,he found himself imaging himself standing on a stage on postwar Vienna giving a lecture on The Psychology of Death Camps. Audience of two hundred listened to his every word. The lecture was one that he had been working out the whole time he had been in the death camp. He spoke about how some people seem to survive the experience better than others, psychologically and emotionally. It was a brilliant lecture, all taking place in his mind's eye and ear. He was no longer half dead on the field but living in the lecture. During the lecture, Frankl told the imaginary audience about the day he was in that field being beaten and was certain he didn't have the strength to get up and keep walking.    Then, wonder of wonders, he told his imagined audience, he was able to stand up. The guard stopped beating him and get began to walk slowly. As he was imagining describing this to his audience, his body got up and began to walk. He continued to imagine this lecture all the while he was doing the work and through the cold march back to the death comp. He collapsed into his narrow bed, imagining ending this brilliantly clear speech and receiving a standing ovation.

• 添削お願いします

His family moved to China soon after he was born, but after several years they returned to Japan. He was familiar with music because his father often listened to Jazz and his aunt was a master of the koto. 「彼は生まれてすぐに家族と一緒に中国に移りましたが、数年後に日本に戻ってきました。 父親はよくジャズを聴き、叔母は琴の師匠だったため、彼は音楽に馴染みがありました。」 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です!

[L. A. Hill, the author of the following passage], wrote a lot of short stories. ュ「He was very good at writing short stories which are seasoned with wit and humor, using expressions easy to understand. ュ」Readers will enjoy the wit and humor expressed between the lines in his stories. ュ、In the following passage [the author] tells about a funny puzzle which a wife has for her husband in order to make him understand that he does not listen to her. の英語の訳をお願いします!!

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳教えてください(>_<) ↓ ↓ Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He realized his father was very old,and thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements,hereceived a telegram telling him his father had passed away,and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house,sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible,just as he had left it years ago. With tears,he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. And as he did, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name,the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag were the date of his graduation and the words PAID IN FULL.

• 長文ですが

長文ですが よろしくお願いします Making a planetarium needs an overall knowledge of technology. At first, Takayuki was not good at mathematics and computer engineering.After trying hard to master those fields of study by himself, he managed to create computer programs to calculate how light travels through a set of lenses. He also managed to develop a machine that could make accurate holes in a metal plate. All of his work was done not in a laboratory, but in his small room, so he experienced many problems. For example, even the movement of someone who approached his room would often prevent his machine from making accurate holes in his star plates. Through his tireless efforts he overcame many difficulties, and in 1998 Ohira developed the

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) During his own lifetime, Cicero was known as a great statesman, orator, and man of action. But he died a bitterly disappointed man. He had failed to do what he most wanted to accomplish: to save the Roman Republic. Not even Cicero's enemies, though, could doubt his love for Rome. Plutarch, writing many years after Cicero's death, tells a story about Octavian─after he had risen to great power as the emperor Augustus Caesar. The emperor found his grandson reading a book written by Cicero. Knowing that his grandfather had agreed to let Mark Antony's soldiers murder Cicero, “The boy was afraid and tried to hide it under his gown. Augustus...took the book from him, and began to read it.... When he gave it back to his grandson, he said,‘My child, this was a learned man, and a lover of his country.’”

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Now let me tell you about Larry Walters, my hero.Walters is a truck driver, thirty-three years old. He is sitting in his lawn chair in his backyard, wishing he could fly. For as long as he could remember, he wanted to go up. To be able to just rise up in the air and see far away. The time, money, education, and opportunity to be a pilot were not his . Hang gliding was too dangerous, and any good place for gliding was too far away.So he spent a lot of summer afternoons sitting in his backyard in his ordinary old aluminum lawn chair.

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

よろしければ文章を訳してください宜しくお願いします。 Every planet has an influence on your future and on the future soulmate. Mercury was in Aquarius when you were born. Your soul mate is loyal and faithful. He has modern ideas and thoughts about the way love and romance should be in his life. He may far ahead of his times, so this relationship will be sophisticated and advanced by other peoples standards. He is open to new experiences in life and love. He is not given to deceiving himself or others and will not do so. He will make observations about you. He will take a great interest and curiosity about you. He can be detached, so that while he may be exceedingly interested in what other people say or know about you, he is not influenced by others views, he observes you and sees the truth, sees things that other people cannot always see. And he is perceptive in this. He may be able to see you from a different angle to others, and his insight will be illuminating.

• 英語の翻訳

下記の文章を訳したいのですがわかりません。 翻訳のできる方、力を貸していただけたら幸いです。 He had been sick the whole winter and spring, and nobody was surprised to hear of his death. よろしくお願いします。