[L. A. Hill] Short Stories: Wit, Humor, and Miscommunication

このQ&Aのポイント
  • L. A. Hill was a skilled writer of short stories, known for his wit and humor.
  • In his stories, he used expressions that were easy to understand, making them enjoyable for readers.
  • One of his stories involved a funny puzzle that a wife created to show her husband that he wasn't listening to her.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の質問です!

[L. A. Hill, the author of the following passage], wrote a lot of short stories. ュ「He was very good at writing short stories which are seasoned with wit and humor, using expressions easy to understand. ュ」Readers will enjoy the wit and humor expressed between the lines in his stories. ュ、In the following passage [the author] tells about a funny puzzle which a wife has for her husband in order to make him understand that he does not listen to her. の英語の訳をお願いします!!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

(次の文の著者であるL.A.ヒルは)短編小説を多く書いた。分かりやすい機知とユーモアを使って、機知とユーモアのある短編を書くのがうまかった。     読者たちは、彼の小説の行間に表された機知とユーモアを楽しむだろう。     次の文で(著者は)、夫が彼女の言うことに耳を傾けないと言うことを理解させるために、ある主婦が夫のために考えた面白いパズルについての話である。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の文法ミスおしえてください

In my opinion, the symbol of this story is drawing. The husband and Blind man help each other to make a drawing cathedral, which build a good relationship between them.In my opinion, the author wants to convey the importance of feeling instead of just seeing.

• 英語の訳でしつもんです。

There were numerous things that Father felt every boy ought to learn , such as swimming , polishing his own shoes; to say nothing of school work , in which he expected a boy to excel. 男のこなら、誰でも当然学ばなければならないと父が思うことがたくさんあった。 たとえば、人より勝ってほしいと思う学業は、言うまでもなく、水泳とか、自分で靴を磨くなどのようなことである。 in which he expected a boy to excel. この部分が、「人より勝ってほしいと思う学業は」という訳になる理由が わかりません。 また、品詞分解すると、 a boy to excel.は、目的語ですか? to excelの部分が、なんかしっくり来ません。 お願いします。

• 「彼の教え方」を英語では?

みなさんこんにちは。 「彼の教え方」を英語でどう言えば良いですか? 「the way he teaches」 もしくは 「how he teaches」 で良いですか? また、下記の二つの文は、意味の上でどのように違って来ますか? I don't like him as a person but the way he teaches is very easy to understand. I don't like him as a person but he teaches in easy way to understand. (前置詞とか自信ないです。違ってたら教えて下さい。) (ここにいる人達の事ではないですよ。。。^-^) よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

He didn't hesitate, even thought a train was coming. He jumped over the barrier, grabbed her and carried her back here.What a hero!It was just like a scene in a movie.People were cheering.Anyway, he brought her into the cafe and sat her down at a table. I stayed with her while two other men went to get her things. The poor woman was terribly old and frail.She didn't seem to understand how close she'd come to being hurt.People have been saying that crossing is dangerous for years.It's too wide.The railway company ought to build a bridge there.

• 英語を教えて下さい

(1)Which of the following is an additional benefit of membership? (2)According to the advertisement,what is an option? (3)If a person joins as a Gold Member and her firm matches her gift,how much will Village receive? 上記(1)~(3)の英文を日本語に訳せる方、教えて下さい。 お願いします。

• 英語の関係詞でよくわからない問題があります。

1( )に適当な語を入れてください。 1.ギターを弾くことは、彼が一番好きなことだ。 Playing the guitar is ( )( )( ) the best. 2.私が買いたいのは、その作家の新しい本だ。 ( )( )( ) to buy is the writer's new book. 3.彼が料理するものを食べてみたいのです。 I'd like to eat ( )( )( ). 2正しくならべかえてください。 1.She found (was/peach/a/which/big/flating). 2.It was the biggest (seen/she/that/ever/had/peach). 3.Her husband came back from (had/which/in/mountain/he/the/worked). 4.What (are/reading/you) sounds like a horror story. 3和訳してください。 1-a.I have two cousins who are college students. 1-b.I have two cousins,who are college students. 2-a.Laura got married to a doctor whom I didn't know. 2-b.Laura got married to a doctor'which I didn't know. 3.He told me that he caught a cold,which was a lie. 2番は意味も教えてくださると嬉しいです><

• 和訳、できれば文法的説明もお願いします

She looked up as she heard his footsteps, and the gracious smile which her lips put on, was an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her. But he resisted the blandishment, and lifting his hat as he passed, with a smile in return, he soon disappeared from her presence, and joined the two who awaited him. 上の文の和訳をお願いします。 the gracious smile which her lips put on (彼女の唇がおいた優しい笑顔・・・?) an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her 等々よくわからないのです。

• 英語の質問です。

“私は短いあいだですがあなたと働くことが出来楽しかった。” これを英訳してみましたがどれが正しいでしょうか。自分で考えた訳なので、どこかが微妙に違っているかもしれないといけないので、わかる方、訂正またはアドバイスお願いします。 1. It was fun being able to work with you in a short period. 2. It was fun being able to work with you a short period. 3. I could work together with you in a short period and was fun.

• 【至急】英語 教えて下さい

[1]誤っている語を( )内から選び、訂正する。 1.( This ) is the place ( what ) the accident ( happened ). 2.Let me ( know ) the day ( which ) you ( are ) free. 3.Please ( tell me ) ( tha way which ) you ( succeeded in business ). 4.( That is ) ( the reason ) ( which ) I want to live in a big day. [2]次の英文を、関係代名詞を使ってほぼ同じ内容の1文に書きかえる。 1.We will soon be able to enjoy space travel. [The time で始めて] 2.Why did you do such a thing? I can't understand the reason. 3.I don't like the way he speaks. 4.She is now working in the hospital which she was born in. よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語の質問です!

In the 1970s ramen packaged in Styrofoam cups joined the instant ramen products. Until then, Styrofoam had been used mostly for storing and carrying fish. The new techniques for making Styrofoam into thin sheets made it possible to sell instant ramen in Styrofoam cups. Ando first came up with this idea of cup-style noodles while he was staying in the US. He was visiting the country in the hope of expanding his instant ramen business overseas. He was inspired when he saw an American eat hit instant noodles. The man broke the noodles into pieces, put them in a paper cup, and poured hot water over them, then ate them using a fork. Ando went back to his hotel room and tried making his instant ramen in the same way, but the cup became too hot to hold. And he didn’t like the smell of the paper. IN1971 Ando’s company succeeded in developing the first cup-style boodles, which became very popular both in Japan and overseas because they were so delicious and easy to prepare. 5.IN1971 Ando’s company succeeded in developing the first cup-style boodles, which became very popular both in Japan and overseas because they were so delicious and easy to prepare.について (1)関係代名詞whichの先行詞を抜き出しなさい。 (2)この文を日本語に直しなさい。 Part2 Summary Ando came up with the idea of ( ) noodles when he was an American ( ) the noodles into pieces, put them in a cup, and pour hot ( ) over them. However, the cup became too hot to hold and the ( ) was bad. In 1971 Ando succeeded in selling instant ramen in ( ) cups.