• ベストアンサー

英語の文法ミスおしえてください

In my opinion, the symbol of this story is drawing. The husband and Blind man help each other to make a drawing cathedral, which build a good relationship between them.In my opinion, the author wants to convey the importance of feeling instead of just seeing.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#212313
noname#212313
回答No.2

1>In my opinion, the symbol of this story is drawing. 「私の意見では、この物語の象徴は描くことです。」  問題ありません。 2>The[1] husband and Blind[2] man help each other to make a[3] drawing cathedral, which[4] build a good relationship between them. 「(物語中の)夫と盲目の男は大聖堂を描くために互いに助け合い、それにより互いに良い関係を築きます。」 [1]ちょっと迷うところですが、お示しの英文の範囲では初めて出てくるhusbandであるため、a husbandとしてもいいかと思います。 [2]物語中でBlind manと、固有名詞のように扱われていれば、これでよいのですが、単に「盲目の男」ということなら、a/the blind manとするのがよいでしょう。 [3]ここで不定冠詞を使うと「描く大聖堂」になります。その直前のto makeをto drawにするのが簡単です。makeを活かすなら、使役動詞でmake themselves drawとする手もあります。そうしたとすると、cathedralには不定冠詞aが必要になります。 [4]このwhichはcathedral等を受ける関係代名詞だとすると意味が取れなくなるので、そこまでの全体を受けると解するしかありませんが、あまり使われない用法になります。動詞が三単現でないことも含めて変更するなら、関係代名詞とせずに`and it buildsと変更してもいいでしょう。 例1:A husband and a blind man help each other to draw a cathedral and it builds [/will build] a good relationship between them. 例2:A husband and a blind man help each other to make themselves draw a cathedral and it builds [/will build] a good relationship between them. ([/…]はよい関係を築くのが描いた後というニュアンスを出したい場合に、言い換えるとよい) 3>[1]In my opinion, the author wants to convey the[2] importance of feeling[3] instead of just seeing[4]. 「私の意見では、著者は単に見る(理解する?)よりも、感じることの重要性を伝えようとしています。」 [1]前文とこの文の間にスペースがありませんが、カンマの後はスペースで1文字分空けるのが通例です。 [2]初出のimportanceをthe付きで言うなら、特定の重要性としてもっと限定するときに使うとよいですが、お示しの英文の範囲では特に必要ではないと思われます。 [3]間違いではないのですが、feelingは名詞として「感情」といった意味があり、解釈に紛れが出ます。to不定詞にすれば「感じること」という意味が明確になります。 [4]上記[3]の変更をするなら、こちらもto不定詞にします。seeを「分かる」の意味で使っているなら、understandにすると意味が明確になります(以下では、そのように変更しています)。同様に、know, thinkなど、言いたいことに合わせてseeより意味が狭い単語に変えるといいでしょう。 In my opinion, the author wants to convey importance to feel instead of just to understand.

その他の回答 (1)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

In my opinion, the symbol of this story is the drawing. The husband and Blind man helped each other to make the drawing cathedral, which built a good relationship between them. In my opinion, the author wants to convey the importance of feeling instead of just seeing.

関連するQ&A

• 文法ミスおしえてください

There are a lot of thinking points in this story. In my opinion, the author wanted to convey readers how the narrator’s thinking about the blind man was changed through this story. In the first time, the narrator believed that the blind man was totally different human being because he can not see anything, however, the narrator was surprised at him when he saw the blind man first time because his appearance was not so different as usual people. At first, the narrator felt big jealousy toward blind man, so he was mean to the blind man because his wife and the blind man seemed got along well. However, the narrator’s opinion about him was changed gradually as the story going. At first, the narrator was consumed by jealousy, however he opened his heart to him after drawing the cathedral together, also he learned a lot of things from blind man.

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください 至急

1 My most favorite character in this book is Finkle. He is a religious man and lives in loneliness. The reason why he was absorbed in his religion was he could not belong anywhere in social world. He had never loved anyone, and he had lived without knowledge of himself. He said in a strained manner, "that I came to God not because I love Him, but because I did not." He had to believe the god because he did not have any ideas what he should rely on. I like Finkle because I easily feel empathy to him. 2 This question is a kind of tricky. I believe that Salzman was saying “Jewish prayer for the Dead” because Salzman said "Like an animal. Like a dog. For her to be poor was a sin. This is why to me she is dead now." This implies that his daughter must have committed something sin, and Salzman was ashamed of it. That is why Salzman regarded his daughter as a dead. So Salzman said that phrase for Finkle and Stella. 3 I believe that Salzman engineered the meeting between Finkle and Stella. As a father, Salzman wants Stella to get marriage to someone. However, Salzman thought that Salzman was a sinful person. So nobody wants to get marriage to Stella. So Salzman just manipulate Salzman to get marriage to Stella.

• 英語の文法ミス指摘してください

I like this story because there are many points, which makes me thinking about what human-being happiness is many times. Even though, Robert has a physical disability, he enjoys his life more than me. He did not imply negative contents of his physical disability. On the contrary, he has great pride in himself. For example, when the wife offered him to move his staff to his room, he said, “it can go up when I go up”. He declined her gentle offer because he wanted to do whatever he could do it by himself because of his pride. Also, he alway tries enjoying his life. When the husband offers blind man to smoke together, he accepts that offer, and he said, “There is a first time for everything”. Although it was a first time to smoke, He didn't to hesitate to do it. He likes doing new challenge, which is worth doing. That is why he enjoys his life.

• 英語の質問です!

[L. A. Hill, the author of the following passage], wrote a lot of short stories. ュ「He was very good at writing short stories which are seasoned with wit and humor, using expressions easy to understand. ュ」Readers will enjoy the wit and humor expressed between the lines in his stories. ュ、In the following passage [the author] tells about a funny puzzle which a wife has for her husband in order to make him understand that he does not listen to her. の英語の訳をお願いします!!

• perceived slight

After 15 years of working hard to build a good relationship with difficult in-laws -- because it was important to my husband -- I thought we had gotten to a pretty good place. After hitting some tough personal times, and after a perceived slight on my part, my mother-in-law is now giving me AND my husband the cold shoulder. It was part misunderstanding, part overstepping on their part -- in my opinion -- but I didn't react well. it was important to my husbandのところは、it was important for my husbandでも良いのでしょうか?よくこのようなケースでtoかforかで迷うのですが、どちらを使うか見分ける方法はあるでしょうか? あと、perceived slightの意味を教えてください。perceived slight

• 発音と文法質問

複数質問があります。 ●1個目 「~する必要がある」で使う「have to」は「ハブ トゥ」といわず「ハフ トゥ」と発音しますよね。 「~しさえすればいい」の「have only to」は「ハフ オンリィ トゥ」でいいんでしょうか? ●2個目 時制がこんがらがってしまいました。 She 【 】to have won the championship in swimming. で【 】内が「wish」の場合と「wished」の場合でどう変わるか教えて下さい。 ●3個目 動名詞の受動態って部分を今独学してます。 She was not aware of her husband having been fired. この文の場合 her husbandって所有格でないですよね?? my smoking、his drinking などのように所有格がこないといけないとならったんですがどういう文法構造でしょうか。 ●4個目 熟語の質問です。 「make a point of ~ing」と「be in the habit of ~ing」の意味の違いを教えて下さい。ふたつとも「~することにしている」って意味だと思うんですが。

• 英語の文法。

TOEICの問題集をやっているんですがどうも前置詞、接続詞の問題が苦手です。 ______ Chris would like to ask for a raise, his wife wants him to request some extra vacation time each year. A. Since B. If C. While D. After 答えはCなんですが、何故A. Since じゃいけないのか分かりません。 というか正直B. If でも良くないか、と思ってしまったり…。 他にも前置詞や接続詞で、 despite of や in order to などたくさんありますが、これらの見分け方がさっぱり分かりません。簡単な事でも構いませんので何か、これを知っていれば早く見分けられるよ等はないでしょうか?

• 文法の問題(関係詞)

文法の問題なのですが、以下の問題がよく分かりません。 空所補充 1 Many contractors were ready to give up on the project, ( ) would not probably be approved by city council for many years to come. 答え which 2 The secretary showed him the drawer ( ) lay the important documents. 答え in which 誤文訂正 3 The meeting will be led by a manager whom in my opinion, has a good understanding of the product. 答え whom → who 1について;of which ではなぜだめなのでしょうか?approve of という言い方があるのでof which でもいいかと思ったのですが。受身形になっているからなのでしょうか? 2について;倒置が起こっているのですが、どのような時に倒置が起こってしまうのでしょうか? 3について;文章自体の構文がどうなっているのかからさっぱり分かりません。特にin my opinion の位置など・・・ どなたかお教えいただけませんでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の構文

Man has the ability to create his own environment, instead of , as in the case of other animals, being forced to submit to the environments in which he finds himself 参考書の訳  人間は他の動物たちとは違って、自分が置かれている環境に屈服させられるのではなく、自分の環境を創る能力を持っているのである。 as in the case of other animals, はどこを修飾しているのでしょうか? as in the case of other animals, が無ければ、すっきり訳せます。 being以下がinstead of の目的語になっているのはわかります。 しかし、そうするとas in the case of other animals, は何を修飾しているのでしょうか? asは、様態の接続詞で「~のように」と訳すところを、前文に否定語、この文章で言えばinstead of があるので「~とは違って」と訳すそうです。 これもわかります。 そしてas節の中の主語と述語が省略され、意味的には「環境に屈服する」が省略された主語で、それが動物たちには当てはまる、という意味になり、 最終的に 動物たちが環境に屈服するのとは違ってという意味になると思います。 as in the case of other animals,が前文のMan has the ability to create his own environment,を修飾しているのなら、意味がすっきり通っていると思うのですが、 instead of 以下の句に入っているas in the case of other animalsの句が、独立して主文を修飾するということはあるのでしょうか? それとも instead of 以下の句の中で、私が気がついていないだけでちゃんと機能しているのでしょうか?

• 英語の文法について

I hope my article in today's issue of The Bristol Daily Courier about the ABC opening was to your satisfaction.(本日付のThe Bristol Daily Courierに掲載されたABC開店についての私の記事にご満足いただけたらよろしいのですが。) この文章の文法がわからないので解説していただきたいです。よろしくお願いします。