秘密の地下室 M-42:都市の最深かつ最大の場所

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 和訳の訂正をお願いします。
  • 英文を訳しているのですが、英語は苦手なので意味の分からない和約になっていると思います。
  • 長文ですが訂正をよろしくお願いします。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳の訂正をお願いします。

英文を訳しているのですが、英語は苦手なので意味の分からない和約になっていると思います。 長文ですが訂正をよろしくお願いします。 Nine stories below the lowest floor that the public gets to see is a basement known as M-42. 公から見ることのできる最下階より下の9つの物語はM-42として知られている地下のことだ。 Brucker explains,” This is not just the deepest and the biggest but the most secret basement in the city. Bruckerは”これはまったく、もっとも深いものでも最も大きなものでもない、しかし都市で最も秘密の最下部である”と説明する。 During World War II, there were shoot-to-kill orders if you showed up down here.” 第二次世界大戦中に、もしもあなたがここから下で現われたなら、射殺する命令があった。” It was where the power came from to move the trains carrying soldiers. それは兵士を運ぶ列車を移動させる力があった場所だった。 Today, one box in the basement holds a small red button, about the size of a coin. 今日、地下室の1つの箱はコインくらいの大きさの小さな赤いボタンを保管している。 Above it is written “Emergency Stop.” その上に”緊急停止”と書かれている。 If you pressed this button, says Brucker, you could” make 125,000 people late for dinner.” Bruckerは、もしあなたがこのボタンを押したら”125,000人の人々が夕食に遅れることになる”と言う。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

★公から見ることのできる最下階より下の9つの物語はM-42として知られている地下のことだ。 →一般人が見ることができる最下階より下の9つの階は、M42として知られる地下室である。 ◎storyは階のことです。辞書で確かめましょう。 Brucker explains,” This is not just the deepest and the biggest but the most secret basement in the city. ★Bruckerは”これはまったく、もっとも深いものでも最も大きなものでもない、しかし都市で最も秘密の最下部である”と説明する。 →Bruckerは「これは単に一番深くて大きいというだけでなく、ニューヨークで一番の秘密の地下室だと説明する。 ★第二次世界大戦中に、もしもあなたがここから下で現われたなら、射殺する命令があった。” →第二次世界大戦中、もしもここまで降りて姿を現すものなら、射殺命令があった。」 ★それは兵士を運ぶ列車を移動させる力があった場所だった。 →兵士を運ぶ列車を動かす電力の出所であった。 ★今日、地下室の1つの箱はコインくらいの大きさの小さな赤いボタンを保管している。 →今日、地下室の1つの箱には、コインの大きさの小さな赤いボタンがある。 このボタンはスイッチでしょうね。 ★その上に”緊急停止”と書かれている。 →そのボタンには「緊急停止」と書かれている。 ★Bruckerは、もしあなたがこのボタンを押したら”125,000人の人々が夕食に遅れることになる”と言う。 →もしこのボタンを押すと、12万5千人の人が、夕食に間に合わなくなると、ブラッカー氏は言う。

monoomo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 詳しい和訳に感謝いたします。 もう一度回答を参考にしながら自分で訳してみます。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> Nine stories below the lowest floor that the public gets to see is a basement known as M-42. > 公から見ることのできる最下階より下の9つの物語はM-42として知られている地下のことだ。  → 一般の人が見学するのは、一番下の階から9階建ての建物分ほど地下に潜った部分で、M-41 として知られている。  * stories = 「階」 > Brucker explains,” This is not just the deepest and the biggest but the most secret basement in the city. > Bruckerは”これはまったく、もっとも深いものでも最も大きなものでもない、しかし都市で最も秘密の最下部である”と説明する。  → ブラッカーによると、「ここは深さや大きさが最大のものというわけではないけれど、この町で最機密の地下室です。 > During World War II, there were shoot-to-kill orders if you showed up down here.” > 第二次世界大戦中に、もしもあなたがここから下で現われたなら、射殺する命令があった。”  → 第二次世界大戦の間は、誰かがここに姿を見せたら射殺せよと命じられていました」 > It was where the power came from to move the trains carrying soldiers. > それは兵士を運ぶ列車を移動させる力があった場所だった。  → そこに兵士を運ぶ列車を動かす発電施設があったのだ。  * the power = 動力、電力 > Today, one box in the basement holds a small red button, about the size of a coin. 今日、地下室の1つの箱はコインくらいの大きさの小さな赤いボタンを保管している。  → 今日でも、その地下室には小さな、コイン大の赤いボタンが付いた箱が残っている。 > Above it is written “Emergency Stop.” > その上に”緊急停止”と書かれている。  → その箱には 「緊急停止」 と記されている。 > If you pressed this button, says Brucker, you could” make 125,000 people late for dinner.” > Bruckerは、もしあなたがこのボタンを押したら”125,000人の人々が夕食に遅れることになる”と言う。  → 『このボタンを押すと、夕食に間に合わない人が12万5千人ほど出ます』 とブラッカー。

monoomo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 とても助かりました。 自分でも質の高い訳が出来るようにがんばります。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **You could also say "I think movie making is very complicated." "Movie making" = the process of making a movie. I think you might be able to say this with other things too (cake making, song making etc.)... I'm not sure though. **"Only 3 months?" isn't technically a complete sentence, but a sentence like that is fine to write in a letter or to say while talking to someone. If you wanted to actually make it complete you could say "It only took you 3 months?" You probably knew all this anyway, but I wanted to clarify just in case. The only place where it would probably matter for you to make it a complete sentence is if you were writing an English paper. **"I have listened to it." is grammatically correct, but it's much more common to simply say "I have," if someone asks you if you've done something. Just like "Only 3 months?" though, "I have" is not a complete sentence. Again, it's probably not a big deal unless you're doing something where grammar is really important.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1文節の前半となりますので、内容が分断していると思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The house you and your soul mate will live in together will be of an old or traditional sort. It will have a lot of woodwork. And you will first see it when it is empty, or vacant with a lonely bare or neglected look that wants you to love it. It will be a good house, that will seem to draw you both. There will be something about reminiscent of a past life together, a former era. But only vaguely so, as if it stirs some subconscious memory deep within you. There will be a tree close to the house. High walls and it is a little secluded. It will seem familiar to you, for all it is not so.. You and your soul mate will help each other struggle to achieve goals in and rise in this house; which is practical and serious It will seem to you that your soul mate is Career orientated and hard working.

• 簡単な和訳をお願いします。

In america they do not sharpen razors at a hardware store. If you prefer not to sharpen it that is fine, thank you.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分となりますので、内容が中途半端になると思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 I get asked questions like, will he return to me? Will he leave this other woman? Will my unrequited affections ever be returned. What is in store for us. A synastry can be done between any two people, it doesn’t have to be a soul mate, it can be a boyfriend, a lover, anyone, but when you meet your soul mate if there are any complications or doubts, this is the reading for you. If its not available in Japan, you can still order a synastry reading from our own website, where ever you live in the world.

• 和訳がわかりません

英語が苦手だから 和訳がわからないんですけど 明日までなんです 誰かおねがいします。 part2 Some laws in other countrles may be too strict for Japanese people. In Singapore,if you litter, you will be arrested. If you do it three times,you will get a severe punishment. You will be ordered to clean the streets,and this will then be broadcast on the local news. there is another strict law in Singapore. Although many Singaporeans love a fruit called durian, they can't take a durian on a bus or a subway. In fact,eating adurian is not allowed in many public places. that is because durians have a strong odor! お願いします。 できればpart3とpart1も のせてるので お願いします。

• 和訳お願いいたします!

Any place were we can be together is a good place for me! I just wanted to make sure it's also convenient for you. See now I will be on holiday and I have enough time. I'll try to look for a hotel this afternoon. I was wondering do you still have your boarding passes? I think it's good if you would apply for a Air France frequent flyers card ... maybe you will fly to France a lot in the future ... I hope so :) When I'm in Tokyo I will arrange it for you ... it will be my pleasure to help you with this.

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分です。 抽象的な部分や変なところは意訳して いただけるとありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is a celestial influence from planets and stars in your seventh house. When there is a planet in the seventh house, it brings a definite kind of fate to bare, the choice of love is much more destined and less free. A planet also means that you yourself possess, a particular look or character that will deeply attract only a certain kind of man, and not others. It is as if the picture of love is cut out for you. If you had no planet in the seventh house, it would be more difficult to find love and yet more freedom to fall in love too, more opportunity but perhaps less depth. This planet placement gives you, endurance, practicality, a feeling of the predestined, so that once you are involved with someone, even if its not the soul mate, you are able to “make do” with relationship, or to put up with a lot that others wouldn’t for the sake of love.

• Are there foreigner?

Are there foreigner in this site? If so, do you enjoy this site? Please let me know. It is uneasy to ask you a question in this site... This site may not allow to ask you a question in English.

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 3つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします But what else? You may think I have told you all you could possibly want to know. It isn’t so. SOUL MATE TWO, is the same length and just as detailed as soul mate one, it follows a similar pattern, if you loved this reading you will love Soul Mate Two. Astrology is a bit like archaeology in that each additional reading on the same subject we must dig into a deeper layer of the chart and more time and work is involved. SOUL MATE THREE, if you still want more, if your spirit still has a hunger to taste the romance in your future. If it wants to look again into the mirror of time. Then Soul Mate Three is the last of these readings, it will reveal anything that is not covered in soul mate one or two. I cannot tell more than that because I never know what it will show in your particular reading until I look at your own chart, Again it is deeply penetrating and more difficult to do, because each time we look we have to go deeper it take a bit longer. May they bring love light and enlightenment into your spirit.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **When you start a sentence with "so," it's like it connects it to the previous sentence. For example. The man was hungry. So, he decided to go buy a burrito. In this case it's like it's filling in for "because of this." "Let me see what I can do," and "I translated my message into Japanese" don't seem to connect in quite the same way. If you wanted to use "so", you could say- I'd like to help you as well. So, I'll translate my message into Japanese. Another way you could think of it is if the two sentences COULD connect naturally with only a comma you can use "so." You can write- I'd like to help you as well, so I will translate my message into Japanese. You can't write- Let me see what I can do, so I will translate my message into Japanese. Hope this helps, let me know if I'm writing too many notes here!