「Skyfall」の英訳質問:ボンドの問いとマロリーの回答について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 映画007「Skyfall」の英訳について質問です。
  • ボンドが「あなたには現場経験が豊富にありますか?」と質問し、マロリーが字幕ですと「現場を知らなくても分かるさ」となっています。
  • ボンドの質問に対して、マロリーは「あなたに明白なことを見る諜報員になる必要はない」と言っているようです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

映画007「Skyfall」の英訳質問です

映画007「Skyfall」の英訳についての質問です。 Gareth Mallory: I only have one question. Why not stay dead? You have the perfect way out, go and live quietly somewhere. Not many field agents get to leave this cleanly. James Bond: Do you get out in the field much? Gareth Mallory: You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious. It's a young man's game. Look, you've been seriously injured, there's no shame in saying you've lost a step. The only shame will be in not admitting it until it's too late. ボンドが「あなたには現場経験が豊富にありますか?」と質問し、マロリーが字幕ですと「現場を知らなくても分かるさ」となっています。 この、You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious. の部分についての質問です。 私の拙い英語力ですと「あなたに明白なことを見る諜報員になる必要はない」から、ボンドの質問に対して「俺に現場経験があるかどうかなんて、おまえが知る必要はない」と言っているように思えるのですが、正しい訳と、そのニュアンスを教えて頂けたら幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious." つまり、 "You don't need to be an operative in order to see the obvious." つまり、 "In order to see the obvious, you don't need to be an operative." とすることができます。つまり、 「単純明白なことを理解するのに、工作員である必要はない。」 と言っています。 ↓ 「現場の事情を知る工作員でなくとも、それくらいのことはわかるさ。」 ↓<字幕> 「現場を知らなくても分かるさ。」 ニュアンス的には、 ”007のような、諜報活動の第一線で暗躍する工作員でなくとも、この世界から生きたまま足を洗うのがどれだけ大変かということくらい、手に取るようにわかる。” ”(大怪我をている)この機会に、(自分は死んだことにして)人生をやり直したらどうだ” という趣旨のことを言っています。

mica0101
質問者

お礼

大変分かり易い回答をどうもありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 This weekend I went shopping for clothes ... maybe you like that ... but I'm not really enjoying it. It's too difficult, too many choices. And suppose I choose something other people don't like ... Anyway I'm finished now and I have what I I need to have. Hmmm Italian food. Do you like Italian food a lot? As for the chopsticks ... it's not really strange for me. Personally I use chopsticks to cook pasta. It's easy to stir and take some spaghetti out to see if it's cooked enough. But eating ... I use fork :)But when I went to an Italian restaurant in Osaka they also gave chopsticks. Can you eat pasta with a fork? Or you think it's easier with chopsticks? Don't worry ... we won't be having pasta when you're in Belgium. About the chili oil. It's me that needs to thank you. You gave it to me and you introduced me to this chili oil. It's really nice on salad. Without you I would never know it can be so nice. If you bring some to Belgium you can bring your favorite brand. It doesn't need to be specifically this one. I like to know what you like. Don't worry if it's spicy ... I can take very spicy food. But are you sure it's not too much trouble? ... maybe you don't like it. Actually it looks more like what a horse would eat ... hahaha. You can try ... but we should have something more authentic (Belgian) for you. And also as a backup ... because I really don't think you will like it :)

• 和訳お願いします

It's just like you've always wanted to be Hitting the dancefloors all around the world Where people can see you dancing You are still on top, still a thrill Don't stop you've got moves to kill You've got the music to play Now, and shame us Out of control you're in to be famous You've got the gift to make the stars all around us Begin to shine, and dance to excite us Electric emotions Running through my circuits よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 The only way my day could start better is if you were here :) I quickly checked the train schedule and it's a bit disappointing. You would have to travel to Paris and then take a train from Paris to the airport. The last direct train leaves too early. I'll drive you back to the airport as well, ok? The traffic in Paris is a nightmare ... but since the airport is north of Paris ... it should be ok. So you don't need to arrange a train ticket, ok? Even before today I was considering going to Paris ... but I don't think we have enough time. Satomi! 4 days is very short :) You will have to come back another time, when it's warmer, sunnier ... and we can visit Paris ... Yes in Belgium it's also getting colder. Now it's about 15 degrees, but earlier this week it was only 3 degrees when I went running this week :) You don't like seafood? Hmm ... are you sure you enjoyed the sushi in Osaka? I hope so. As for the mussels, I think I can find a restaurant where you can eat something typically Belgian and then I can eat mussels. So then you can try some, is that ok for you? Please tell me other things you don't like ... because I liked to see a happy ●● :)

• 英訳をお願いします

You must not attempt to do good to those who hate you, for they do not need your officious services, and would refuse to be under any obligation to you.

• 1文英訳お願いします

カートコバーンのいった言葉らしいですが、なんと言う意味でしょう? It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not. 

• ネイティブの英語。訳せる方。

これらの文がややこしくてうまく、訳せません。 訳せる方、お願いします。 ちなみに相手はネイティブアメリカンです。 (1)Not with how you've been acting lately. (2)Is this too much to deal with? (3)You were handling things amazing for a long time. But lately you have been acting weird. It's not just me that matters. If you aren't happy with this than you need to tell me. (4)If you aren't happy with being in a long distance relationship. If it is too much to handle. (5)Yes I'm happy to be with you.It's just the last couple of days you don't really talk a lot and then today when I can't talk.

• 英訳と和訳の確認お願いいたします

私が彼に Do you not want to contact me? I don't mean to bother you, so I'll stop keeping in touch with you と聞いたら彼から It's difficult You're a great person But I'm still in a relationship と返事がきました。彼はにはまだ彼女がいて中々別れられない難しい状況は私も知っています。 これは、この関係を続けていくのが難しい!ごめんねみたいにいっているのか、もしくはまだ、彼女とは別れないけど、私との関係を続けたいといってるんでしょうか?

• onlyの意味がわかりません

It's only six. You (1.don't need to 2.ought to 3.need ) get up now. このonlyをどのように訳せばいいのかわかりません。 ━━ a. (the [one's] ~) ((単数名詞とともに用いて)) ただ一つ[一人]の; 最良の. ━━ ad. ただ(…だけ), 単に; ((時の副詞とともに)) やっと…. (gooの辞書より) ということなのですが、時の副詞はありませんが「やっと6時だよ。君は今起きるべきだ。」という意味でしょうか。 それとも「まだ6時だよ。起きる必要は無い。」のような意味でいいのでしょうか? このonlyがわからないと選択ができないので、困っています。

• 英文の和訳

次の文を和訳して、解説して欲しいです。 When it’s you and me we don’t need no one to tell us who to be.

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 Oh last Friday I went to the super market and I took some pictures of viennoiserie. They don't look very nice since it's only from the super market. But it should give you an idea what it is. It's quite nice. Many people were looking at me thinking ... "why is he taking pictures of viennoiserie?" ... Of course they don't know that I'm taking pictures for my cute ●●:) Are you sure it's not too much trouble to bring a hair dryer? I don't know anything about hair dryers. Maybe you could teach me what's a good one when you're here, ok? If you wouldn't have enough space or it it would be too troublesome I can just get one. But I want to get a good one ... because I don't want your hair to catch fire or something :) Grrr .. time for me to go to work. In my case it's a little bit the opposite ... I keep thinking of you instead of my work. I don't think anyone can blame me ...after all you're sooo pretty. I hope those 3 weeks will pass very quickly and I can come and pick you up at the airport!