• ベストアンサー

各英文の意味をお願いします

以下の英語はどう言う意味ですか? 1) You are always trying to fix the world. Why don't you fix your own family? これは、fixの意味を分かり易くお願いします。 2) Too proud to let people know that(節) ~~~~~. 3) Not at me,Tom! 状況がないので難しいかもしれませんが、 ケンカ・心配・不安、、、しているような感じです。 4) You are meat. ボクシングのマネージャーが試合を決めてきました。 そして、マネージャーが選手にこの言葉を言いました。 直訳ではなく、状況にふさわしい意味をお願いします。 5) That addresses the known issue. ある問題があり、thatは、その問題の事だと思います。 addressの意味が分かれば理解できますが、辞書にある直訳では 少し理解しづらかったです。 よろしくお願いします。

noname#205789
noname#205789
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

>1) You are always trying to fix the world. >Why don't you fix your own family? 「あなたは常に世直しに余念がないけど...。 (その前に)自分の家族が抱えている問題を解決したら。」 [注] ここでの "fix" は、壊れた状態を「直す」、「修理する」、 「解決する」という意味を持ちます。 [ご参考] http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/fix の[語義 No.5] >2) Too proud to let people know that(節) ~~~~~. 「~~~~~について皆に告知するのはプライドが許さない。」 [ご参考] http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=too+proud+to >3) Not at me,Tom! 「トム、僕に八つ当たりするなよ!」 >4) You are meat. 「お前はサンドバッグになっちまうな。」 [注] なぜマネジャーが格上の相手と試合を組んだのか定かで ありませんが、相手からお金を貰って、いわゆる「噛ませ犬」と して自分の選手を提供したのかも知れません。 >5) That addresses the known issue. 「既知の課題はそれによって解消に向かうだろう。」 [注] ここでの "address" は「~に対処する」という意味をもちます。 [ご参考] http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=address+the+issue

noname#205789
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 すべての訳が文意に合い、納得することが出来ました。 解説も親切で良い勉強になりました。 本当にありがとうございました。

noname#205789
質問者

補足

一つ興味があるんですが、 You are meatのmeatは、 スラングですか? 比喩的な表現ですか? おっしゃるように噛ませ犬みたいな試合なんです。 ボクシングの世界からも遠のいていた選手なので。 でも、勝てば再起のチャンスなんです!

その他の回答 (2)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.3

コメント有難うございます。 >一つ興味があるんですが、 >You are meatのmeatは、 >スラングですか? >比喩的な表現ですか? "You are meat." ですとか、"You are dead meat." とかは、 ボクシングや格闘技の試合、喧嘩を始める前に、相手を 威嚇するシーンで、比喩的表現として使われるセリフです。 映画やTVドラマの中などでたまに出てきます。 映画 「ロッキー」 で、世界戦挑戦という再起のチャンスを与えられた ロッキー(スタローン)が、働いている食肉工場で、解体前の食肉を サンドバック代わりにボコボコにしているシーンがありまました。 イメージとしてはまさにあんな感じです。 「お前はなすすべもない(死んだ)肉の塊同然だ。」 といったところでしょうか。 "meat"がスラングとしての意味を持っているか否かですが、どうやら 「男性自身」としての意味があるようです。私には初耳でした。 [ご参考] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meat http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=meat [語意 8]

noname#205789
質問者

お礼

再度のご解説ありがとうございます。 格闘系のシーンでは、ちょこちょこ見られる表現なんですね。 meatの男性自身と言うのは、日本語にも似た言葉がありますね。 人間の脳の発想はどの国も似ているのでしょうか。 本題としてのご回答の件も勉強になりました。 このたびは最後までどうもありがとうございました。 ぜひまた機会があれば、よろしくお願いします。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

You are always trying to fix the world. 君はいつだって世の中を良くしようとしてるよね。 Why don't you fix your own family? そろそろ家庭を持ったらどうなんだ? Too proud to let people know that(節) 〔that以下のことを〕皆様にお知らせできることは、光栄の至りであります。 Not at me, Tom! 〔相手は〕俺じゃねーだろが、トム! You are meat. ボコボコにされちまったな。。。 That addresses the known issue. 正にそれが急所を突いてるよ。

noname#205789
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 失礼ながら、文意に合わない訳もありました。 (1)の2文は、既婚者で奥さんが旦那に言ってます。 ボコボコにされちまったな。。。 は、まだこれから試合です。それに現在形なのも気になります。 前後の内容から、 known issueは、既知の問題、だと思うのですが、熟語なのでしょうか? あなたの疑問は、既知の問題で、その原因は以下です。 の感じの意味に近い何かだと思うのですが(流れ的に)。 その問題は、既知の問題事項を述べている。みたいな。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を買いました。発送のことでメールがきたんですがすみませんが意味を教えてください。 Can you confirm the address that we are sending to please as I have 2 addresses.

• この英文の意味を教えてください

この英文の意味を教えてください "You go to your closet and select that lumpy blue sweaters for instance because you are trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back." "And for what? So that tomorrow they(workers) can spend another $300,000 reshooting something that was probably fine to begin with to sell people things they don't need." 映画プラダを着た悪魔より

• この英文の意味を教えて下さい。

日本に発送可能な海外サイトに商品を注文したら、 下記の様なメールが来ました。 発送ができないという意味でしょうか? どなたか教えて頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願い致します。 I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to send your shoes as we are unable to distribute UN products to the Asia region. I have recently talked with the UN brand manager who informed me of this situation. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Regards,

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。そこは現在送料半額負担のサービスをしていてその事で、送料負担の件で質問をしていました。 返答が来たのですがすみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願い致します。 we will give you 50% credit of Los Angeles orders. Be advise that all orders will be "EXW Warehouse" Once you receives the bill please send a copy to us to issue the 50% credit to you.

• 英文の意味がわかりません。

英文の意味がわかりません。 翻訳してください。 I didnt have a chance to check the disc. I was trying to get it to you as fast as posible are those the only discs that gave you problems? I dont want to send them and then you need more

• 英文の翻訳

Greetings, Thank you for contacting (会社名) Unfortunately this is a temporary issue that our engineers are trying very hard to fix as soon as possible. In the mean time, we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue for you. I understand that this will not be the answer you were looking for and I can only hope that your enjoyment of the game is not spoilt by this situation. Please accept our apologies for this highly unfortunate occurrence. 回答お願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送方法で相手からメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I’m sorry to tell you that the company will not do AAA. I believe there is an issue with LA factory. Once again I’m really sorry to tell you this. Please work with BBB.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい<(_ _)>

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。1個10円ぐらいなので大量に購入予定です。 いつもの担当者がいなくなってその事などについても返事が来ています。英語にお詳しい方ぜひ教えて下さい。お願いします<(_ _)> Thanks for your email. I am aware of you as customer as becki spoke about you couple of times. Unfortunately becki left us couple of weeks ago. Please send your emails to AAA and BBB so that one of the girls will process the order for you. Their email addresses are AAA@and BBB@ Please copy me in all your emails so that I can make sure the enquiries are dealt with. We can consider giving you exclusivity for Japanese market provided you give us business plan. How much do you spend per month at the moment? Please send us the big order you are referring to.

• 英文翻訳おねがいします!

Let's take a brief tour of a raw meat-eating region. Welcome to the polar region of Canada's Melville Peninsula. The native peoples used to be called Eskimos. This was a derogatory term given them by native peoples from the south, meaning raw meat eaters. They are the meat of caribou, seals, and walruses raw. "Meat" includes the innards, which are considered the most exquisite parts of the animals. You might remember seeing documentary films of lions going straight for the innards of their victims. Of course, in that frozen part of the world, fruits, vegetables, and grains are unobtainable. The native peoples do not suffer from scurvy, and in fact have glossy faces, thanks to their diet of raw meat. A japanese cultural anthropologist who lived among these northern people learned that because of the bland flavor of raw meat, it is possible to eat a lot of it at each meal as a staple food, in the same way Japanese eat rice. Some parts of the innards are bitter while other parts are sour, so if you chew on them as you eat the raw meat, the meat tastes "seasoned" and you never get tired of it. Horsemeat is called cherry meat or sakura-niku in Japan. It may mean that the color of the meat is as beautiful as that of cherry blossom. But it may also mean that horsemeat is a sort of fake meat, sold by con men to unsuspecting passers-by under an exotic-sounding name. Take your choise as to which is the truth. There are those who love horsemeat for its deliciously light flavor. There are few restaurants that serve authentic tartar steak made from horsemeat. Most people do not realize that horsemeat is "the real thing", and that there is no reason to discriminate against it. Where food is concerned, when all is said and done, likes and dislikes are just a matter of taste.

• 英文の意味

次はオーストラリアの自然環境について書かれた英文ですが、最後の extraordinary fragments of ... easy to accessの箇所がいまいち意味がつかめません。どなたかわかる方教えてください。 If you are visiting Australia for a short time, you don’t have to go far to experience some of the richness of the environment. Even places like Sydney have preserved extraordinary fragments of their original environment that are relatively easy to access.