• ベストアンサー

self-righteousness

piece_o_m_w_Uの回答

回答No.1

(彼の)独善的で横柄な態度は ちょうど現時点で真実がまさに彼をすぐそばまで追いつめている。   ↓ 今まさに真実が(彼の)横柄で独善的態度によって彼自身を追いつめている。

abecedarian
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます♪

関連するQ&A

• self-soothe

My wife and I had a beautiful baby boy less than a year ago. My wife has developed a bad habit of bringing our son into our bed when he cries. She refuses to let him self-soothe in his crib. self-sootheはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 倒置?

Only when his wife entered his life and imposed her will upon him did he decide to rebel. がどういう構造をしているのかわかりません。。 おそらく、倒置だと思うのですが…

• 接続詞 like について

His coworkers testified that whenever she was around him she'd do things like pat him on the rear end and make suggestive comments. で、likeは接続詞だと思われますが、必ずしも、like S+V ではなくSの省略などあるのでしょうか。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

After Scott's stepbrother Craig was hit by a car and died in California, his biological father became detached from him, and the summer visits became less frequent. Weiland and his family later moved to Huntington Beach, California when he was 14 years old and he began attending Edison High School. During his time at Edison he initially played a lot of sports but he was a hard partier and never quite felt like he fit in, his partying eventually led his parents to put him in a psych ward for three months and have him carted off from school.

• よろしくお願いします

There was a line of like 30 people for the men's room and a 5 year old who clearly was about to pee his pants. Mom was insisting he come to the ladies room with her but he wasn't having it. I said "want me to walk him in?" And I took him by the shoulder and started shoving through and he says "I really have to go!" So I picked him up by the armpits and yelled "coming through" and these 30 drunken hockey fans parted like the red Sea. By the time I got to the urinal the kid already had his dick out and was immediately peeing. I had no idea what to do at this point so I just held him there until he was done and shook him up and down when he finished. He lifted his pants, I swung him over to the sink, then set him down and we walked out. shook him up and downとswung him over to the sink, then set him downの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• この文章の和訳を教えてください。

ITS UNFAIR TO CAUSE HIM WHO HATE YOU BECAUSE HE WILL HATE YOU MORE AND MORE AND MORE... と ITS TRUTH CAUSE IF SOMEONE HATES YOU AND YOU GO BACK TO HIM FOR BREAKING HIS NERVES YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG.. です。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 翻訳お願いします

以下の英文を翻訳お願いしたいです。 His body movements are always angular, just a little stiff, or restrained looking. He makes very few gestures, but jerks the hands the head, the arms when he makes a gesture, always angular motion. There is no excess nervous energy or unnecessary movements. He doesn’t see fit to fidget, When he remains still for example, he is absolutely statuesquely. Not a languid wilting stillness. More a poised placid and dramatic strong stillness,. His postures are often effectuated or like one acting a part in a play. He likes to sit on the edge of his chair and lean or bend forwards, his arms on his knees when paying attention. Though when he relaxes he slumps back and downward in his seat, yet even his slump looks effectuated, dramatic, and a kind of glazed trance like look sinks over him like a blanket and he becomes lost in a haze of thought. A kind of beatitude passers over him, and he seems as if to have two existences, conscious of two states.

• shuffle out

This evening, for instance, he made only one feeble attempt to avoid her commands. Then he sighed, slipped his bedroom slippers on (he'd actually only got so far as taking off his shoes and tie when she called to him), and shuffled out of the bathroom to the little cupboard in the hallway between the living room and their bedroom. この文のなかの shuffled out は、彼が足を痛めていたか障害をもっていたことを示しているのか、そういう言い回しなのかどちらでしょうか?

• この英文の‘n‘はなんでしょうか?

Victoria (Beckam) seemed to have far too great a say in his life, choosing clothers for him and getting him to dress in his ‘n‘ hers outfits, although ironically enough, the one area in which David (Beckam) was prepared to stand firm was the matter of his career.

• 英文解釈をお願いします。

A・Bはゲイ Cは女→男のトランスジェンダーです。 よろしくお願い致します。 特に、Cの長い台詞が分かりづらいので、お願いします。 A: I love these. Look. B+C :“Veggie Tales.” B: The Christian Cartoons for kids. B: I grew up a born again Christian. C: Yeah, yeah, exactly. A: Was it hard to be born again Christian and, you know… C: Yeah, I mean, as far as being gay and Christian, like, I definitely, like, that’s, like, when I left the church, but the problem is that there are really great born again Christians like my parents who are all about the unconditional love and Jesus' teaching. B: Yes. Your parents need to talk to my parents.