Food, Health, and Social Status: Exploring the Connection

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the intricate link between food, health, and social status in today's society.
  • Explore how social status affects access to food, especially in developing countries.
  • Learn why addressing social status issues is crucial for promoting health and nutrition worldwide.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の添削をお願いします

食べものと健康、社会的地位ということばを用いて自由に論じろという問題です 文法の指摘、10/10で評価願います I think food is important for health. But Social status may cause a variety of problems. One reason is that Social status deprive a lot of poor people of an oppotunity to have food. Social status varies from country to country. if you live in a developing country , an oppotunity to have food will decrease . Another reason is that by social status you lose an oppotunity to have food and cause disease because if you can't get nutrition by eating food, you may lack nutrition. therefore, I think a lot of developed countries should help developing countries to solve social status problems.

• aaakj
  • お礼率27% (21/76)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

★I think food is important for health. →文はできています。ただし、foodはなければhealthどころか生きていけませんよね。 そういう意味ではこの文はいかがなものでしょう? 私ならジャンクフードなどを食べたらダメという文脈なら  Your health depends on what you eat. I think what you eat has a lot to do with your health. 十分に食べる(飢餓等で食べられないということがない)という文脈なら  There are many people in the world who cannot eat enough to keep themselves healthy. Famine is a big problem of today. Many people are starving. というはじめかたをしたいところ。 しかし、文脈が違ってしまうので、この部分は目をつぶって、以下の添削をします。 ★But Social status may cause a variety of problems. →この因果関係には疑問があるが、一応よしとします。  しかし、foodからいきなりsocial status(なぜsが大文字?)にジャンプするのかとやや疑問。  もっと単刀直入に言わないと、読み手に理解してもらえません。 The problem is a small population of of rich people eat 80% of food in the world, while a large population of poor people eat 20% of food. とかですね。social statusは分かりにくい。 ★One reason is that Social status deprive a lot of poor people of an oppotunity to have food. これには異論がありますが、まあ、いいとしましょう。 Social status varies from country to country. アメリカの中にも飢餓があります。その場合、アメリカはどうなりますか。国レベルで違ってくるのですか。 ★if you live in a developing country , an oppotunity to have food will decrease. decrease → be bad, be smallなど oppotunity → opportunity ★Another reason is that by social status you lose an oppotunity to have food and cause disease because if you can't get nutrition by eating food, you may lack nutrition. →Another reason is that according to your social status, the amount of food you eat may differ, and if your social status is low, chances for you to have enough food are small and to get diseases are big as you cannot get enough nutrition. ★Therefore, I think a lot of developed countries should help developing countries to solve social status problems. →Therefore, I think people in developed countries should help people in developing countries by giving food to them. ★英語の問題というより、内容、文章の展開に問題を感じました。6/10ですね。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願い致します。

以下の日本語から英語の訳を、添削して頂けますと幸いです。 日本文の直訳でなくても、全体的な意味が同じであれば、嬉しいです。 また意味が通じない部分など、日本語の訂正なども大歓迎です。どうぞよろしくお願い致します。 --------------------------------------------------------------------- 例えばアジアの発展途上国の村々では、エネルギー自給自足村が630以上もある。これは非常に先進的な取り組みであり、今の先進国において発展途上国と学び合う必要のある技術や精神があると思う。 For instance, more than 630 of renewable energy self-sufficiency village have been built in developing countries of Asia. I believe this is highly advanced approach, and developed country today have skills and spirits to learn from developing countries.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

「Social statusとHealthを関連させて食について論じなさい」 字数指定はありませんが、過去の問題から推測すると少なくとも100字は必要だと思います。 点数を25点満点でつけて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。  (1)It is important to consider both social status and Health. This is why there are many food problems such as unbalanced nutrition, eating without measure, and food shortage yet to be resolved.  (2)There are, for example, my friends who eat many instsnt foods almost everyday. One of my friends had had a serious stomachache for three monthes. This desease was due to overeating instant foods. It is true that the instant foods are low expense, but they lack in nutrition.  (3)Arother example is overeating and foodshortage. Former and later are related with each other. I have watched a very fat people and small, poor children who are not able to eat enough foods on TV. I often think the part of which people who eat to excess eat should be given to poor people.  (4)There are other many problems yet be resolved. We shoud take food problems like above exampleks into considering .

• if のあとに助動詞がない仮定法の文章

If you live in a developing country for a while , you have an opportunity to look at Japan from a different point of view. (発展途上国でしばらく暮らしてみる事は、日本を違った角度から見直すよい機会となる。) 上記の文において、「you have an opportunity to look at Japan from a different point of view.」が「you will have an opportunity to look at Japan from a different point of view.」となっていないのはどうしてでしょうか?文法書に載っていないのでどなたか教えていただけないでしょうか。

• 英語の添削

今度英語で発表することになったのですが、一応考えたのですが自信が無いので添削をお願いします。 Good afternoon everyone. My name is ○○ and today I am going to talk about my favorite trip. This year I went to Malaysia with my friends. Malaysia is a country near the equator. Everyday the weather is very nice so there was very hot. But I enjoyed this trip and want to go to Malaysia again. I will tell you about three reasons why this was my favorite trip. First, Malaysian food was very delicious. There are many races so we can eat various food such as Indian and Chinese and so on. I was so happy to eat Nyonya food. Nyonya food is mixing Malaysian food and Chinese food. Malaysian food taste mostly spicy but everything was very delicious. Second, Malaysia has many famous historic building. I went to Kuala Lumpur and Malacca. I went to tour the Twin-Tower and the Blue Mosque. Twin-Tower is the third highest around the world. In Malacca, I rode a trishaw. Trishaw is like "Zinrikishya". It looks beautiful and the view of outside is wonderful. Finally, I went to Spa. Malaysia is famous for Spa so Malaysian people often reserve the Spa. To my surprise, there is a bath with a lot of flowers. the massage make me feel very comfortable and happy. In short, this was a great trip. if you think to go to foreign countries, I want you to go to Malaysia. I think you will surely be a wonderful trip. おかしければ文章自体を変えてもらってもかまいません。 添削よろしくお願いします。

• 大学受験、英語添削をお願いします

TOPIC:日本は食料自給率をあげるべきだ。 Im for this opinion.Japan's self-sufficiency ratio is too low nowadays.It is about 40 %,which means that Japan is quite dependent on other countries for food.There are mainly two problems. To begin with,if there happens a serious climate change,the price of food rises.Then itwill have a direct impact on food we usually eat,such as rice.When Australia experienced serious lack of rain,the price of wheet rised.Then that in Japan rised,too. Another problem is safety of food.In other countries,harmful substances which are not accepted in Japan can be used.Certainly,polluted crops are usually be got rid of at the customs.However,it sometimes happens that some of them reach kitchen.This is bad for your health. Therefore,I think we have to make efforts to raise self-sufficiency ratio for food. 全部で150語近くあります。長すぎですみません。文法、綴り、論理の面で怪しいところを指摘していただけたら嬉しいです。

• 英語について

英語について To be healthy,you must eat the right quantity of food. To be healthy,you must eat enough food. To be healthy,you must eat sufficient amount of food. To be healthy,you must eat an adequate amount of food. 訳をお願いします。 文法的に間違っているものがありますか?

• 英作文の添削をお願いできますか?(長め)

まずこの質問を見て頂きありがとうございます。 今回は題名通りの事で少し長いのですが英文の添削をお願いできませんか? かれこれ2年程英語に触れていない中で英文を書く事になったので正直不安なのです。 ちなみに内容は飲酒運転についてです。 “drunk driving”is to drive a car after drink. After this speach,I want you to think about this problem. I'm going to talk about two point “cause accident and kill”and“lose social status” ・First “cause accident and kill” Drunk driver may cause an accident. Because driver who can't right jugement when drink. and it may cause that murder person. For example, Three years ago, Three children lost their life by drunk-driving. ・Second“ lose social status” Besides, drunk driving have another bad possibilities. For example,It is that arrested by the police. Recently the police inspect the cars at many places.If you drink and drive, you will arrest by the police.and this news is spread quickly for family,company,and friend.Then your social status will be lost. Recently in Japan,policeman was laid off for drunk driving. Fortunately he was not murderd nobody .But drunk driving is a crime.and i knew this news two days ago. ・in conculusion ,i think we must stop drink when drive です。長いし文法も単語の用法も滅茶苦茶かもしれませんが宜しくお願いします。

• 英語長文

When we talk about conservation of the tropical rainforests we must first look at who owns them. The vast majority of them are found in developing countries, nations which generally have a much (1) standard of living than countries of the developed world. For them, conversation is simply a laxury. They have most pressing concernsーpaying off huge debts to banks in developed countries, feeding their people, rising the standard of living and preserving national security. All these concerns directly threaten the forests. One (2) method of earning foreign exchange to pay off debts and to raise the standard of living is to export valuable hardwood timber. One of the most obvious ways to feed the people is to give them land which hasn't already been farmedーthe land where the forest grows. One of the best ways of protecting the remote borders of a country, particularly when that border is disputed by its neighbours, is to move lots of people into the area. The tropical rainforest is therefore seen as a commodity to be removed for quick cash.   In these circumstances it is easy to see why tropical countries not only 【fail respond to pressure from foreign conservationists】 but also resent being told by outsiders what they should or shouldn't do with their own forests. Dr. Mahatir, the Prime Ministor of Malaysia, repeatedly makes the point that in Europe (3) areas of forest were used as fuel for the Industrial Revolution, a development which led to the privileged economic position of the Western world today. Now, as he attenpts to industrialize his country, Dr.Mahatir deeply recents being told not to cut down his forests. The tropical countries can also point to the contribution which the developed world makes to the greenhouse effect today. 【Although the tropical rainforests is adding to the problem, it is the developed countries which created that problem in the first place. 】The industrialised nations need to show some willingness to clean up the mess they have created before they can dictate to the developing countries on matters of conservation. ・(1)~(3) difficult,easy,higher,large,lower,small,soft,wrong (1)lower (2)wrong (3)large にしました。 ・【fail to~】pressureの意味を指摘しつつ、説明(←良く分からなかったです) ・【Although~】訳 熱帯雨林の破壊は問題が増しているけれども、そもそもその問題を引き起こしたのは先進国である。 と書きました。 お願いします。

• 英語論文の添削をお願いしたいのですが・・・

以下の文がアカデミックライティングに即して正しいかどなたか添削してください。つたない英文すみません。  The past sports labor migration studies put the cases of international movements of the athletes of various sports aiming at wealth like salaries or scholarships (Bale and Maguire ed., 1994). Expansion of sports from the advanced countries as “core” to the developing countries as “periphery” related to capital and the movement of athletes to the opposite direction comes to the surface here (Magee and Sugden, 2002). In this context, the key factor of sport labor migration often assumed to be the economical one (Maguire and Stead, 1998; Chiba, 2004).  In the Migration Studies, however, it is already said that it isn’t enough understanding that international movements of labors arise from simple factor such as acquisition of wealth. The reasons of international flow of people are mixed factors which economic, historic and cultural ties and transformations of social structures of both sending countries and accepting countries were cross-wired (Sassen,1988; Castles and Miller,1993). Sport Labor Migration is transforming its figure in accelerated progress of globalization. The past studies of sport labor migration about soccer (Maguire and Pearton, 2000), rugby football (Chiba and Jackson, 2006) or baseball (Takahashi and Horne, 2006) points out their various factors. Maguire (1996) analyzes movement of ice hockey players and categorizes the sport labor migration into four types; “Pioneers” whose main purpose is the mission of the sport, “Mercenaries” who assume to get money, “Settlers” who settle down in the destination country after retirement, “Nomadic Cosmopolitans” who cross the border with their sport skills, and “Returnees” who identifies their born places as the results of their movements.

• 英語の添削お願いします。

語学学校を卒業するにあたりスピーチをしなければいけません。 文章を考えたのですが添削してもらえますか? Thank you everyone,especially.....Thank you my friends. I've spend in here for three months.I could have a lot of friend and experience.I had a great time in here. I want to talk about a lot more if there is an opportunity to meet you again.So,I'm going to continue to study English for improving my English level. I'll miss you.Have a good school life.Thank you. よろしくお願いします。