The Importance of Accents and Dialects in Communication

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Accents and dialects have always played a significant role in communication.
  • From the earliest writings in English, differences in spelling, vocabulary, and grammar indicated the regional origins of the authors.
  • Accents may have aided in survival by allowing individuals to recognize members of their tribe and identify potential enemies.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語 添削

添削してください。 There have always been accents and dialects. The earliest writings in English have differences in spelling, vocabulary, and grammar which show that the authors came from different parts of the country. And if we go back much further, to the time when humans began to talk, we can guess that there would have been accents then too. Imagine. You're in your cave, and it's a dangerous world outside. You here a noise, so you call out(in your primitive speech)‘Who’s there?’ A voice replies. If you recognize the accent, of the voice as one that belongs to your trive, then you'll go outside happily to see what they want. But if you call out ‘Who’s there?’ and you don't recognize the accent, you’d better take your club with you when you go outside, and be on your guard. A strange voice probably means an enemy. If evolution is a matter of the ‘survival of the fittest’, then I think accents may have helped. Those who had the best ear for accents may have lived longer. And actually, when you think about it, it’s not so different today. I can think of some places where the sound of an alien accent immediately puts people on their guard. Probably you can too. アクセントと方言が常にありました。つづり方、語彙と著者が国の異なる地域から来たことを示す文法の違いが、英語で最も初期の著作には、あります。そして、非常により遠くに戻るならば、人間が話し始めた時まで、我々はアクセントがまたそれからあったと思うことができます。想像してください。あなたは洞穴にいます、そして、それは外の危険な世界です。ここのあなたは雑音です、あなたが大声をあげる(最初の話し方では)ように、『誰がいますか?』A声は答えます。アクセント(triveに属しているものとしての声の)を認識するならば、あなたは彼らが何を望むかについて見るために首尾よく外に出ます。しかし、あなたが外へ『誰がいますか?』と叫ぶ、そして、あなたがアクセントを認識しないならば、外に出るとき、あなたはクラブをあなたと一緒に持っていった方がよいです、そして、あなたの護衛の上にあってください。変な声は、敵を多分意味するでしょう。進化が『適者生存』の問題であるならば、私はアクセントが助けたかもしれないと思います。アクセントのために最高の耳があった人々は、より長く生きたかもしれません。そして、実は、あなたがそれについて考えるとき、それは今日それほど異なりません。外国のアクセントの音が人々を彼らの護衛にすぐに付ける若干の場所について、私は考えることができます。おそらく、あなたはまたそうすることができます。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

There have always been accents and dialects in the history of humankind*. The earliest writings in the English language* had* differences in spelling, vocabulary, and grammar which tells us* that those writers lived* in different parts of the country. If we go back much further, to the times* when humans began to talk, we assume* that there would have been accents then too.      Imagine. You are* in your cave, and the world outside is*. You hear* a noise, so you call out *(in your primitive speech) *‘Who’s there?’ There would be a reply. If you recognize the accent *of the voice as one that belongs to your tribe*, then you'll go outside happily to see what they want. But if you call out ‘Who’s there?’ and you don't recognize the accent, you had* better take your club with you when you go outside, and be on your guard. A strange voice probably means an enemy.      If evolution is a matter of the ‘survival of the fittest,’ then I think accents may have had an important role in it*. Those who had the best ear for other* accents may have lived longer.      *Actually, when you think about this*, it’s not so different today. I can think of some places where the sound of an alien accent immediately puts people on their guard. Probably you can too. *は訂正箇所です。スピースの取り方にも訂正が入っています。 アクセントも方言も常に存在してきた。つづり方、語彙ともに、書き手が国の異なる地域から来たことを示す文法の違いが、英語で最も初期の書き物に見られる。時代をさらに戻るなら、人類が話を始めた当初にも、アクセントがあったと推察できる。 想像してほしい。あなたは洞穴にいる。外は危険な世界。音が聞こえたので、あなたが大声をあげる。(原始時代のことばで)「誰?」と聞くと返事が返ってくる。自分たちの部族のアクセントと認識したら、どうしてほしいのかを聞くために外に出る。しかし『誰?』と叫び、アクセントが認識できないなら、棍棒を片手に外に出ていった方がよい。聞いたことのないアクセントの声はおそらく敵を意味する。 進化が『適者生存』の問題であるならば、アクセントはその中で重要な役割を持っていたかもしれない。アクセントをもっとも上手に聞き分けた人が、より長生きをしたのかもしれない。 実は、このことについて考えるとき、今日もそれほど違いはない。見知らぬ人のアクセントを聞いたら即座に防衛体制に入る地域を考えることができる。おそらく、あなたもまた考えることができる。 日本語も英語も両方とも添削しました。 ご参考になればと思います。

base1220
質問者

お礼

とても助かりました(^ω^) ありがとうございます(^_^)

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

アクセントと方言は常に課題事項であった。英語の初期段階の書物では、国の異なる地方から来た著者に拠って、つづり方、語彙、文法がそれぞれ異なって居た。そして、人間が話し始めた時まで遡るならば、アクセントもまた異なっていた事だろう。想像して見ると良い。あなたは洞穴にいるとする、そして(穴の)外は危険な世界だ。其の時点のあなたは(言語ではなく)音しか発せられない文化段階だ。未だ会話という物が出来上がっていないから、あなたは(言葉の代わりに)原始的な声を発する。『誰がいますか?』と、。 すると或る声が答える。もし其のアクセントが貴方の所属する部族のものであると、幸運にも認識出来れば、あなたは彼らが何を望むか確認するため外に出る事が出来る。しかし、あなたが外へ『誰がいますか?』と聞いて、帰って来たアクセントが認識出来ないものだったら、外に出るとき、護身用に棍棒を持参するべきだろう。(なぜなら)変な声は、おそらく敵だろうからである。 進化が『適者生存』の帰結であるならば、アクセント(を聞き分ける能力)もまた、適応の条件だったろうと考える。なぜならアクセントを聞き分けられる最高の耳を持った者は、(そうではない人より)長く生きのびる事ができただろうからである。その(適応条件について)考えてみると 現在でもそれは当てはまるように思う。外国語のアクセントが聞こえたら、人々がすぐに防御の姿勢をとる地域は、存在している。そういう(危険な)地域に行けば、貴方だってそうするだろう。 (紛争地域で 其処の地域のものではない外国語のアクセントを聞いたら 直に(地面に伏せたり)防御体勢になること)

base1220
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます(^_^)

関連するQ&A

• 英語の添削をお願いします

食べものと健康、社会的地位ということばを用いて自由に論じろという問題です 文法の指摘、10/10で評価願います I think food is important for health. But Social status may cause a variety of problems. One reason is that Social status deprive a lot of poor people of an oppotunity to have food. Social status varies from country to country. if you live in a developing country , an oppotunity to have food will decrease . Another reason is that by social status you lose an oppotunity to have food and cause disease because if you can't get nutrition by eating food, you may lack nutrition. therefore, I think a lot of developed countries should help developing countries to solve social status problems.

• 英語の添削お願いします。

語学学校を卒業するにあたりスピーチをしなければいけません。 文章を考えたのですが添削してもらえますか? Thank you everyone,especially.....Thank you my friends. I've spend in here for three months.I could have a lot of friend and experience.I had a great time in here. I want to talk about a lot more if there is an opportunity to meet you again.So,I'm going to continue to study English for improving my English level. I'll miss you.Have a good school life.Thank you. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の長文の訳について質問です。

英語の訳なのですが、前回の質問に引き続き、分からない部分を書き出しているので分かりにくいと思いますがよろしくお願いします。 It is our intention to operate and maintain the community in which you now live as one of the outstanding communities in the Brownsville area. We hope it will be an aid to you in enjoying your new home. There us a limit on the number of people allowed to occupy your home. A limited number of guests mat stay with you for three days. After three days, we may assume they are resudents. If you find a need to have more peole living in your home than allowed by your lease, contact the manager to see if it can be allowed. Having more people than allowed is a violation of your rental agreement. You may incur additional charges and/or have your rental agreement terminated.

• 【至急】英語の添削お願いします

授業で Why is education so important in your life? という課題を出されました。 自分なりに書いてみたのですが、文法等に自信がありません;; どなたか添削お願いいたします。 I think that the purpose of education is to acquire and develop the wisdom of living well. To acquire the knowledge helps us to have flexible thinking. There is no end of learning in life. Moreover, to learn new thing is my greatest pleasure. That’s the very reason why I am educated. よろしくお願いします!!

• 英語の手紙書きました。どなたか添削お願いいたします

以下ですが、ホストマザーへ久しぶりに手紙を書きました。 間違いを直してほしいです。よろしくお願いいたします。 英語: How have you been? I hope you have been doing well How was your Xmas? Did you go to U.S. to see your family? In Xmas, I went to the church to listening their song and then back to home and gave present to my younger sister. They were very glad it, one present is kick board and the other one is the carry bag for kids, inside was in cookies. so quite. Do you remember my friend Mami? we met the school in N.Y. where you take me to before I return to Japan. This year she had participated in a == marathon race and was able to complete it. I don't like marathon but just wanted to see you there. How is your shoulder? Have you completely healed? Sometime I am thinking and feeling that if you ware my mother, I am happy because you have education- minded, you are interested in a lot of culture or sports or arts, and you have good thinking for things and cheerful disposition. but my mother is the opposite... Of cause I love my mother, but I just sometime thinking about those things... If so, it could be filled with meaningful thoughts of my life. I vividly remember as if lived in U.S. all things was yesterday and am thinking about U.S. almost everyday. I will send you email sometime. please take care of yourself. 日本語: 元気にしてた? あなたが元気であることを願っているよ。 クリスマスは家族に会いにアメリカへいったの? クリスマスに私は教会へ歌を聴きにいって、それから家へ戻って姪たちにキックボードと、子供用のキャリーバックをあげたらすごく喜んでいた。中身はおかしが入ってた。かわいい。 ところで、私のまみちゃんて友達覚えてる? 前にあなたが車で送ってくれた学校で出会った子。 彼女は今年アメリカのマラソン大会に参加して完走したんだって。 私はマラソンは嫌いだけど、あなたに会いにそこへは行きたかった。 あなたの肩は大丈夫?完全に治った? 時々私は、もしあなたが私の母親だったらって考えたり、そうだったらうれしいなって思う。 あなたは、教育熱心だし、文化やスポーツ、美術などにも興味が強くて、そうしたら私も意義深い人生を送ってたかなって思う。 もちろん私の母を愛してるけど、あなたとは反対だから。 今でもそこで生活をしたことが昨日の事のように思えるし、毎日考えて思い出す。 また時々メール送ります。 お体お大事にしてください。

• 英語の歌詞の和訳をしてほしいです。

WestLife 「Have You Ever Been In Love」の英語の歌詞の和訳、できる方よろしくお願いします。 In the morning light Half awake and half asleep Have you ever laid there thinking Was it all a dream? But you reach out and she's there Every moment, everywhere Have you ever been in love? Have you ever felt How far a heart can fall Have you ever stayed up waiting For a telephone call Just to hear her say hello Cause you miss each other so Have you ever been in love? Have there been times to laugh And times you really want to cry Finding reasons to believe her cause you'd die a little if she lied And when in times of doubt Have you ever tried to work it out But still she leaves you wondering What it's all about And when she's far Have you ever felt the need to stray And tried and then discovered It just doesn't pay Cause with her, you can be true And with her, you can be you Have you ever been in love? Have there been times to laugh And times you really want to cry Finding reasons to believe her Cause you'd die a little if she lied And when in times of doubt Have you ever tried to work it out But still she leaves you wondering What its all about And when the night comes down Can you call your house a home Do you dream you're still together And wake up alone Have you ever been in love The way that I'm in love Have you ever been in love? Have you ever been in love?

• 英語の添削お願いします。

I think that it is different if I convey to meet and telephone This thing, I say a live perfomance in common. I think that there is an atmosphere that can not felt only there. 私は、会って伝えるのと電話で伝えるのは違うと思う。 このことは、ライブでも共通して言える。 私は、そこでしか感じられない雰囲気があると思う この文の、添削をお願いします。

• 英語の添削

今度英語で発表することになったのですが、一応考えたのですが自信が無いので添削をお願いします。 Good afternoon everyone. My name is ○○ and today I am going to talk about my favorite trip. This year I went to Malaysia with my friends. Malaysia is a country near the equator. Everyday the weather is very nice so there was very hot. But I enjoyed this trip and want to go to Malaysia again. I will tell you about three reasons why this was my favorite trip. First, Malaysian food was very delicious. There are many races so we can eat various food such as Indian and Chinese and so on. I was so happy to eat Nyonya food. Nyonya food is mixing Malaysian food and Chinese food. Malaysian food taste mostly spicy but everything was very delicious. Second, Malaysia has many famous historic building. I went to Kuala Lumpur and Malacca. I went to tour the Twin-Tower and the Blue Mosque. Twin-Tower is the third highest around the world. In Malacca, I rode a trishaw. Trishaw is like "Zinrikishya". It looks beautiful and the view of outside is wonderful. Finally, I went to Spa. Malaysia is famous for Spa so Malaysian people often reserve the Spa. To my surprise, there is a bath with a lot of flowers. the massage make me feel very comfortable and happy. In short, this was a great trip. if you think to go to foreign countries, I want you to go to Malaysia. I think you will surely be a wonderful trip. おかしければ文章自体を変えてもらってもかまいません。 添削よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の添削をお願いいたします

どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Good afternoon. こんにちは。 I think you were busy on weekend, but did you sleep at night? 週末は忙しかったと思うけど、夜は眠れましたか。 How was Okinawa? 沖縄はどうだった? I think you must be tired. きっとすごく疲れたでしょう。 I spend time with my sister to had a lunch or shopping. 私は妹と一緒にランチやショッピングをしてすごした。 Sometime I would like to go to your town to see because I have never been there and also want to know where you live. いつかあなたの住んでいるところへ遊びにいきたい、行った事ないし あなたがどんなところに住んでいるのか知りたい。 It will getting colder so please be careful not catch a cold. だんだん寒くなるので風邪などひかないように。

• 英語の翻訳をお願い致します‼

毎度申し訳ないですが、英語の得意な方、こちらの翻訳お願いできますでしょうか。宜しくお願い致します‼ Don't try so hard. I want you to enjoy your time when your bit working and take care if your horse. In happy the way you can speak english now. I think of you too and think if the happy day we spent together. I don't ever think about your english is bad so don't worry!!