• ベストアンサー

英文の意味を教えてください(至急!)

会社員です。留学に必要な書類を作っています。 その中で個人情報と犯罪歴の有無を確認する書類が1枚あります。 まず,This section to be completed by applicant と書かれた後に 必要事項を記入する項目があり,最後に署名と日付を入れるのですが, 問題はその次。 This section to be completed by trainee & alumni affairsと書かれた後, 署名と日付を入れる欄だけがあります。この意味がわかりません。 ちなみに署名の欄には"signature"ではなく, "Criminal History Check Completed"と書かれています。 誰の署名と日付を求めているのでしょうか? 「応募者の所属する会社または学校」 (の責任者)という意味なのでしょうか? それとも申請先の大学の担当者が私の犯罪歴の有無を確認したうえで 署名を入れる欄(つまり空欄のまま提出してよい !?)なのでしょうか? 締切が迫っているため,素早く回答頂けたらありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.4

(ご参考まで) 例えばこんなメールを出しておくのも一つの手段かと思います。 Dear Sir/Madam, I am in the process of filling in documents required for my forthcoming study at XXXX University. I have a quick question concerning Form 99, "Personal Information & Criminal History Check." I realize that I am personally responsible for accurately completing the main body/section of this form, followed by my signature and the date it is signed. I am however confused in regards to the section following, which states, "This section to be completed by trainee & alumni affairs." Does it mean: a) This latter section has to be signed by my HR, after checking with the relevant Law Enforcement in my country. b) You (XXXX University Admissions Office) will validate my background against your own Law Enforcement, in which case this space can be left blank by myself/HR. I am sorry to inconvenience you at this busy time but your prompt advice will be highly appreciated. Yours sincerely, AAAAAA

OrangeViolin
質問者

お礼

丁寧なご回答,本当にありがとうございます。 思いっきり参考にさせて(使わせて)頂きます。 まさか,ここまでして頂けるとは思っていなかったので, うれしさを飛び越えてびっくりしています。 本当にありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.3

私が留学したときは、犯罪歴、麻薬の経験の有無について、私本人の申請とともに、私を知る第3者が署名する用紙を厳封の上(私は見てはいけない)送ったと記憶しています(結構厳格な大学でしたが)。 ★誰の署名と日付を求めているのでしょうか? あなたが犯罪歴についてしっかり書かなければならない欄がありますか? それなら、提出先のTAA担当者が署名する欄かもと思います。 しかし、そうでなく、別途誰か第3者が書くようになっているとするなら、あなたの大学のTAAということになると思いますが。 そのあたりが、あなたの記述からわからないのと、用紙を見ていないのでこれだという答を差し上げるのは難しく思います。私自身、TAAについて、よくわかっていません(すみません)。 とにかく、This section to be completed by applicantという欄があなたが書いたり署名したりする部分ですから、他の欄は書かなくてよいはずです。そのあたりの書き方についての説明書きはないのでしょうか? 一番よいのは、アプライする大学に直接電話できくことです。 それが一番間違いがありません。時差があるので、あちらの昼休みを除いた時間に、日本では夜中ですが、お電話なさったらいかがでしょう? ちなみに、そんな電話ができないような人が留学というのは恐ろしい気がします。そんなことはないですよね。 以上、少しでもご参考になればと思います。

OrangeViolin
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございました! おっしゃる通り,電話で聞いてしまえば済む話 と言ってしまえばそれまでなのですが‥。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.2

alumni affairs は卒業生事務局 trainee は訓練させる人 米国にはそのような組織があるようです。 http://www.mdanderson.org/education-and-research/education-and-training/trainee-and-alumni-affairs/index.html

OrangeViolin
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございました! なるほど。 "trainee and alumni affairs"でひとつの部署を指す場合があるのですね。 大変参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.1

>This section to be completed by trainee & alumni affairs 「この項目は、研修生(trainee)および卒業生(alumni affairs)が書き込む項目です。」 という意味です。 次のCriminal history check completedに関してはどのような欄になっているのかがわからないのですが、基本的に留学用の書類でサインが必要なところには必ず、signatureと記載があるはずです。そうでないところは例えばFor official use などと書かれてあったりします。もしなんのリマークスもなく、Signatureもなければそこは無視していいはずです。必要項目のみきちんと記入漏れがないようにしてください。

OrangeViolin
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございました! やはりそのような意味になりますよね。 大変参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈

最近英語の勉強を始めたのですが、 分からない英文があるので、質問させていただきます。 ・He is said to be very poor (彼は非常に貧しいと言われている)  この[is said to be]で[~と言われている]という  熟語なのでしょうか?  それとも[is said]で受動態として[~と言われている]なのでしょうか? ・The new school buildings are expected to be completed by spring next year. (新校舎は来春までには完成の予定である。)  [are expected to be]の解釈の仕方が分かりません。  [are expected]を受動態と考えて「予期される」とすると、  [to be completed]はどういう解釈をすればよいのでしょうか?   長くなりましたがよろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようと思っています。相手に質問をしたら返事がきました。 すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 We will be happy to pass this message and your information along to the garage for you. They can also be reached by email at info@BBB.com Thank you for watching the show and for supporting BBB!

• この英文の意味を教えてください

ebayで日本までの送料を質問しました。 日本へ送ってくれるとの返事をもらったのですが、わからないところがあります。 I can send this item via post to Japan if thats any good? only cost like £2.50 in postage to send by any other means would be talking silly money. if thats any good? は、どういう意味でしょうか? any other means would be talking silly money もどう訳せばいいのかわかりません。 英語に詳しい方、教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• アメリカ大学院留学のための書類を作成しています。大学院出願の書類で大学

アメリカ大学院留学のための書類を作成しています。大学院出願の書類で大学院HPからダウンロードしたFinancial Support Information という書類のSponsor Statement というセクションにSponsor signature の欄があります。自分で学費を払うつもりですが、その場合は自分の名前を記入したらよいのでしょうか?また、Relationship to applicant に「本人」と書きたいのですが、何と表記すれば良いのでしょうか? どなたか教えて下さい。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。在庫がなく中国から直接発送するようなのですがその件でメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I’m really sorry I got mixed up with different order. AAA of BK x 1 BE x 1 was ordered to china. I just got confirmed its ready and it will ship from china. This needs to ship by this month otherwise next shipment will be march because of Chinese new year. Once again I’m sorry I got mixed up with different order. From now on marcus will be take over your order process.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。そこはオーダーメイドできるお店です。相手に購入可能か質問をしていたら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願い致します。 Hi if you can buy 2 of each style I can do it, as we will have to special make this. I may be able to get less but i'll need to know which items you are looking for first, thanks.

• 【至急】英文の和訳です。よろしくお願いします。

It is now generally accepted that the child's reading ability progresses through several periods of reading development. The first period, known as "reading readiness," begins at birth and continues normally until the age of about six or seven. Reading readiness includes the physical ability to see and hear, and the mental ability to remember words and their letters, and to use simple sentences. In the second period of reading development, children learn to read very simple materials. In the United States, children usually will be able to read perhaps 300 or 400 words by the end of the first year. By the end of this period., pupils are expected to be reading and enjoying simple books by themselves without help from teachers or parents.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

すみません。英語圏の支社からから急なメールが来ました。通常は日本語で来るんですが急いでいるらしく英語です。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 I will be discussing this matter further with our management and will give you a response this week. 〇○ will eventually go away as they have not been active this year so not too much to worry about, only thing is their website so that is why I am suggesting the launch of FB page soon so our Corporate FB page can support the launch, this way everyone will know that you’re directly supported by us, the corporate office. Another is the website, this will provide additional promotion for you doing business in Japan as we have many ideas for you and how we can support your official launch further to give wider visibility. ×× and couple of others are still our eDealers and selling on third party marketplace so I don’t think much for you to be concerned when we begin supporting your FB page and website the consumers will be able to tell the difference. ×× is our approved eDealer so I will be advising them to change the wording so it reads approved Dealer.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入する予定です。そこはライセンスなどが必要なお店でその事で質問をしていました。返事がきたんですがちょっと意味がわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 We apologize for the previous email response; however, request to use AAA and Divisional logos for resale for private use must be addressed by AAA Equity Management. We apologize, but there is not a direct email address for this department, please call 000-000-000 for further assistance. The correct email address is http://www.com this is to locate dealerships within the United States. They are unable to assist with your request.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

Amazonで買い物をしたのですけども、いつもと違うメールが来ました。簡単で結構ですので意味を教えて下さい。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.co.uk. Your recent order 202-4612587-0000000 entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase. Promotion details: Additional information on this offer can be found here. As you spent £10 or more in our Toys, Games or Baby store, we have given you £2 to spend on any MP3 album with Amazon MP3. The credit has already been redeemed against your account and it will be automatically applied to your next MP3 album purchase (one £2 credit available per customer). Downloading music is quick and easy, and downloads work with iTunes, Windows Media Player, MP3 players (including iPods and iPads), and mobile phones (including iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices). We’re sure you’ll find something great to listen to. Please note: only customers in the UK are able to use the £2 MP3 credit as the Amazon.co.uk downloads service is only available to customers in the UK. Happy listening! Amazon MP3 The promotion code must be used by 31 May 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions. Thanks again for shopping with us. Amazon.co.uk