• ベストアンサー

文法の質問です。

こんにちは。 市立図書館で使ったパソコンに書かれてあったのですが、、、 These PCs are for people in a hurry so please do not shit it down. PCsは複数なのでshut them downではなく、なぜshut it downなのですか? 普通1人が使うパソコンは1台なので、itなのでしょうか? This PC is for people who are in a hurry so please do not shut it down. なら納得いきます。 細かい質問ですかよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

あなたのご指摘はご尤もです。 This PC is for people who are in a hurry so please do not shut it down. These PCs are for people in a hurry so please do not shut them down. が文法的には正しいですね。 恐らくはあまり英文法に詳しくない方がお書きになったのだろうと思います。

driving_trick
質問者

お礼

あ、合ってるのですね。自信がなかったものですから。 marbleshitさん、回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文は失礼でしょうか?

留学先でホームステイするご家庭とのメールのやり取りで、あちらがお忙しい中でメールしたため、小さなミスがありました。それに対して私からの返信で以下のような文章を書きました。 「Please keep it in mind that you do not need to reply in a hurry. I know that you are busy and sometimes it is difficult for you to take a time to E-mail. 」 「お気になさらずに」といったニュアンスを伝えたかったのですが、もしかしたら失礼な言い方になってしまったかな、と気になっています。 英語にお詳しい方、教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 (お礼はやや遅れるかもしれませんが、ご容赦ください。)

• 英文法について質問です

以下の英文について質問です。 I agree that certain people have so weak a character that it's difficult for them to succeed in life. この文の前の節で、 certain people have so weak a character とありますが、 なぜ、 certain people have so weak characters とはならないのでしょうか? また、もし、people を familyのように単数扱いとするならば、 certain people has a so weak character のように、soの前にaを置くべきではないのでしょうか?

• 形式主語のit??

こんばんは。 Please call on me when you are convenient to do so. (誤りを正せ) と言う問題で、形式主語のitを使いyouを意味上の主語にし、 it is convenient for you to do so.にしなければならないというのはわかったのですが、答えを見るとyou are→it isになっているだけです。 for youは省略しても良いのですか?

• 文法ミスチェックしてください

My major is Business and I like playing soccer and watching World Cup now. My English skill is still the process of learning. My goal is studying English in the USA, and getting a god job in Japan after going back to Japan. I have been learning English since I went to America. It is difficult for me to learning new language because Japanese and English have a totally different grammar. For example, English usually indicates "subject" the first of sentences, on the other hand, Japanese indicates "subject" the end of sentences. Likewise, there are many small differences, so I often confuse them. In my opinion, American are usually individualism, so they do not care about other people, so it is difficult for me to get used to American life without speaking English. However, I like studying new language because I can understand more about people. I will keep studying English forever, even after I am going back to Japan. I am really excited about this class.

• Are there foreigner?

Are there foreigner in this site? If so, do you enjoy this site? Please let me know. It is uneasy to ask you a question in this site... This site may not allow to ask you a question in English.

• この文法解説をおねがいします。

My christmas wish this year is for people to not post their gifts on social media. (1)上記は、it is 形容詞 for 人 to do構文やit is for the reason(理由のfor),賛成のforのどれにも当てはまりません。こんな文型はあるのでしょうか?また意味上の主語は何でしょうか?

• 英語の文法の質問です

My eyes hurt so much that I can not keep them open. この文章のthatの用法ってなんでしょうか?また最後のopenはopeningでもいいですか? I keep the car door [ ] 括弧に入れるのはopen か openingのどちらでしょうか? 理由もあわせてお願いします。 I have never heard it [ ] that spanish is spoken in Japan. say said says sayingのうちのひとつを括弧の中に入れる heardの後ろにthatが省略されていることがあるかどうかでこの括弧にいれるものが変わらなくないですか? [ ] used to be a lot of people in China but not any more. []にIt They There のどれがはいるかという問題なのですがどれなのでしょうか?理由もあわせてお願いします。 また最後のnot any moreってどういうことなのでしょうか? butは前置詞なのでしょうか? またnot any moreとはどういう意味なのでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いします

everday would be just perfect. I mean i know some special places =) So are people in Japan you know, living in worries. I mean if they are always in hurry like people in America?

• 英文法の問題教えてください!

次の問題を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 1 その子はあらゆる点で父親に似ていた。    The boy ( )( ) his father in every way. 2 彼はポケットにわずか3ドルしかなかった。   He had no ( )( ) three dollars in his pocket. 3 You should not despire people just because they are poor. You shold not look ( )( )people just because they are poor. 4 I liked baseball better than football in my boyhood. I ( ) baseball ( ) football in me bpuhood. 5 He talks very little. He is a man of ( )( ). 6 How would you like to go to a dance ? ( ) do you ( ) to going to a dance ? という問題です。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です!

People in Japan like to have raccoons as pets, but (it) has become illegal. について。 かっこのitが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。 The purpose of these regulations is to protect the biodiversity,people, and agriculture of Japan from species that do not live here naturally. (1)that do not live here naturally.が修飾している語をかきなさい。 They have also affected some bird habitats,making it difficult for birds to build nests.について。 itが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。