英文の失礼な表現について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 留学先でのホームステイのメールで失礼な表現を使ってしまったか悩んでいます。
  • 私がお忙しい中でメールしたことによってホストファミリーに不快な思いをさせてしまったか心配です。
  • 英語に詳しい方に助言をいただきたいです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この英文は失礼でしょうか?

留学先でホームステイするご家庭とのメールのやり取りで、あちらがお忙しい中でメールしたため、小さなミスがありました。それに対して私からの返信で以下のような文章を書きました。 「Please keep it in mind that you do not need to reply in a hurry. I know that you are busy and sometimes it is difficult for you to take a time to E-mail. 」 「お気になさらずに」といったニュアンスを伝えたかったのですが、もしかしたら失礼な言い方になってしまったかな、と気になっています。 英語にお詳しい方、教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 (お礼はやや遅れるかもしれませんが、ご容赦ください。)

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

相手を気遣った、とても丁寧なメールです。全く問題ないと思います。 あと、これはあくまで好みの問題ですが、 「Please keep it in mind that I do not expect your reply in a hurry. I know that you are busy and sometimes it must be difficult for you to spare a time to write an E-mail.」 という言い方も、一つのバリエーションとしてあります。 が、質問者様の文章で全く問題ありません。

Hideki_AIUEO
質問者

お礼

回答者様の書いてくださった文章の方が、私の言いたかったことを表現出来ているとおもいます。参考になりました。 ご回答ありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (1)

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

ご質問者様の英語でも十分に意図は通じると思います。でも私だったらできるだけ否定形を使わない文章にするかもです。例えば・・ I understand that you are currently very busy. So please feel free to reply me whenever you like. 訳:貴方が最近忙しいのはわかっています。お好きな時いつでもいいので気軽に御返事くださいね。 みたいな感じですね。 feel free ~~は「遠慮せず」「気兼ねせず」などのやさしい言い方で接客などでもよく使われますので覚えておくと用途は広いです。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=feel+free

Hideki_AIUEO
質問者

お礼

否定形を使わないように、というのは貴重なアドバイスだと感じました。もっと表現力を磨きたいとおもいます。 ご回答ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• これで英文よいでしょうか。

1. It was the middle that I was writing your reply.But I wanted let you know about website in hurry. 貴方へ返事を書いている途中だったのです。でも早くWEBの事の方を知らせたかったのです。 (私がもう1つの用件について返事を書いてないので、相手が君はこの内容は読んだ?と聞かれての返事) 途中とか、早く知らせたかった。等あってますか?

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

僕に海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けると有り難いです。よろしくお願いします。 * If you say "it does not serve as a bed" that typically means that it is not able to be used as a bed.  In the next sentence you mention that sometimes you like to sleep in it, so a better way to describe what you're saying could be... "A kotatsu will serve as a table, but it's not intended to be used as a bed." This way you're saying that it's not supposed to be a bed, but you could use it that way if you really wanted to. * I wasn't sure if this is what you were trying to say so I guessed.

• 失礼なく伝えたい!!

英語で次のようなことを伝えたいと思っています。 「それは特別注文が必要だと思うよ。もしも手に入ったら嬉しいけど、でも見つけるのが難しかったら、無理に見つけなくていいよ。」っということを伝えたいのですが、下記の文章では失礼ななく書けているでしょうか? I think that it need special order.You don't have to get it if it is difficult to get it. 「それは特別注文が必要だと思う」の部分など文章もあいまいです。「もしも手に入ったら嬉しいけど」の部分もどう表現してよいやら。。。 彼が指輪を買ってくれると言うのですが、私のサイズは小さすぎて見つけるのが大変なんです。(本心ではとても欲しいけど(笑))でも、日本でもいつも特注で、アメリカでそのサイズが手に入るか分かりません。欲しいけどでも無理はしないでと言いたいんです。 どうかアドバイスをよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

All of this of course is an assumption that you have made about people. * An appearance before your very eyes that does not exist, in that it does not need to exist.* For the veil which separates you, is a veil that is not of true nature. この*~*の意味がよくわからないのですが、特に in that というのは、in appearance と言う意味なんでしょうか? その後の it もappearance を指しているのでしょうか?

• 今日の星占い英文です。翻訳をお願いします。

Someone is getting under your skin in a big way -- so much so that you might need to do something! Try your best to just let it slide this time, but if it starts to get out of hand, you need to step up.

• 下記の英文を訳してください。

ネットショップからいただいたメールです。どなたか翻訳お願いいたします。 Thank you for your order, We received about your request and the free print(A2 size) would add in your package, would you mind to take the font view of the damage one? We are sorry about for the happen but hope you could understand that the delivery is depends of the post office and postman, if you have any question that please feel free for contact us firstly, we would trying to help you solve it. Thank you and looking for your reply

• 英文を訳して下さい。

In September 1917, not long after General Edmund Allenby became Commander in Chief of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force, Chauvel wrote to GHQ to point out the injustice done to his front-line troops, acknowledging that it was "difficult to do anything now to right this, but consider the Commander-in-Chief should know that there is a great deal of bitterness over it."

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。何かの手違いで下記のようなメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。 We regret to inform you that we are not able to process your order. In the past you have made an order with our company however you never sent to us payment. Please call us in directly at 000000. If you wish to proceed with this order. {Also please keep in mind that you have selected Store Pick Up? Do you have freight company in mind} Shipping freight?

• この意味の翻訳をお願いします

I totally understand you sometimes things happen in life that we don’t understand why and I know also that GOD has a plan for for each and everyone of us and it is very difficult to see the reasoning behind it I just pray for all good things to happen for you

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In a past life you were lovers, soul mates. Somewhere in the subconscious mind out mind remembers all that has happened previously in early life, But our conscious mind does not. However when you meet someone from an earlier life or someone whom there was a soul mate bond with, you instinctively react to them, and the feelings of love, sexual attraction, obsession are stirred, That’s what you felt in a past life too, and even though this might sometimes clash with the shyness or uncertainty you feel when you meet as virtual strangers. Part of your mind will recognize your future and you’ll just feel instinctively that this is the one who will understand you, who will take all your pain and loneliness away and who knows your soul. The one you want to share your life and all your secrets with. You’ll just be drawn to each other by a strange and beautiful feeling. That is fragile and mystical as a dream, so insubstantial and yet powerfully real. Feelings that cannot be described.