Remembering Our Grandfathers: Honoring the Victims of WW2

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Dedicate this day to remember our grandfathers, victims of WW2.
  • Explore the photo taken in Papua New Guinea in 1943, capturing the essence of that time.
  • Despite 67 years passing, war stories remain close to us, reminding us of the impact of conflict.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の添削をお願いいたします!!

8月15日、全戦没者と祖父を想う日。 右上の写真は1943年にパプアニューギニアで撮影されたもの。 この年祖父は現地で戦死、享年23歳、親父が3歳の時のこと。 父は祖父の事を覚えていません。 67年経った今も結構身近にある戦争。 This is the day to dedicate for all of our grandfather, victims of WW2. The upper right corner of the photo was taken in Papua New Guinea in 1943. My grandfather passed away at the age of 23 when my father was 3 years old. The father does not remember his grandfather's thing. War stories are still living with our side, even 67 years passed over.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

This is the day to dedicate for 【1. all of our grandfather, victims of WW2→my grandfather and the victims of World War Two】. 【2. The upper right corner of the photo→The photo in the upper right corner】 was taken in Papua New Guinea in 1943. My grandfather 【3. passed away→was killed】 at the age of 23 when my father was 3 years old. The father does not remember 【4. his grandfather's thing→much about his father】. 【5. War stories are still living with our side, even 67 years passed over→[The war still lives in our memory / The war has not faded away in our memory] even after 67 years passed】. 1. 祖父は1人のはず。all of our forefathers/ancestors ならば理屈は通ります。戦争をテーマにしていますから、World War Two とはっきり書く方がよいのでは? 2. The upper right corner of the photo だと「その写真の右上の隅」と言う意味になります。 3. pass away は die の婉曲語法ですが、きつい様でも、おじい様は、戦死されたのですから、was killed の方がよいと思います。 4. あなたのお父様から考えると、あなたのおじい様は、あなたのお父様のお父様になります。 5. live in us 等の表現も、わずかですが、検索するとありました。一例です。辞書などでは、are still fresh in our memory 等の表現が多い様です。 <別訳> August 15th is the day to recall and pay tribute to my grandfather and the war dead. The photo in the upper right corner was taken in Papua New Guinea in 1943, when my grandfather was killed in the war at the age of 23. My father was three years old at that time. My father does not remember much about his father. The war is still fresh in our memory even 67 years after [the war].

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  This is the day to dedicate for all of our grandfather, victims of WW2. 2。  The upper right corner of the photo was taken in Papua New Guinea in 1943. 3。  My grandfather passed away at the age of 23 when my father was 3 years old. 4。  The father does not remember his grandfather's thing. 5。  War stories are still living with our side, even 67 years passed over. 2。はThe upper right corner of the photo では「写真の右上」になりますので、the upper right photo としては如何でしょう。   後は通じます。       August 15 is the day to be be dedicated to all those who lost their lives in WW2 including our grandfather. The photograph at the upper right, taken in Papua, New Guinea in 1943, is of our gradfather, who died in action there at 23, when my father was three years old. Father was too young to remember anything of his father. Memories of the war is still with us, after 67 years. とも。    died in action は、下記のように戦病死などと区別する「戦死」を表す言葉です。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=die+in+action

関連するQ&A

• father's grandfather

My father's grandfather was killed in World War II. My father's grandfather とは 私の父方の祖父でしょうか? それとも純粋に父の祖父でいいのでしょうか?

• 【英語】作文の添削お願いします 

テーマ:印象に残っている贈り物 Most impressing present in my life is a watch that my father gave me when I passed the exam to enter the high school. My father used the watch before I was born, and he wouldn't put away it even though he was given a new watch by my mother and sister. I think the watch will have been very important for my father. So, I was very surprised when he gave it to me. At first, I hesitated to receive it, but I received it in the end because my father said with smiling that "I use this new watch". The watch was what my mother and sister gave him. My watch and my father's watch is very different because mine is very old and father's is new. However both of them are filled with love of my family. 文法や構成について指摘してください。

• retirement portfolio

My wife and I are in our early 50s and my mother-in-law died almost two years ago. My wife’s parents were married for 55 years, and as an only child she was close to both of them. The death was devastating for everyone. My father-in-law is a healthy and energetic 84-year-old with a comfortable retirement portfolio. retirement portfolioはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• It was some forty years b

It was some forty years before that my grandfather had had our house built. 訳:祖父が我が家を建てたのは、それより約40年前のことだった これについて質問です。(上の文章に誤りはありません。)これってなんで 家をたてることより40年前 という訳にならないのかわかりません。 あと、なんで後ろはhadが2つあるのでしょうか。文法に詳しい方お願いします!

• 自然な英語になるように、添削をお願いします。

いつもお世話になり、ありがとうございます。<(_ _)>  自然な英語になるように、添削をお願いします。 上司は私の語学留学を、渋々認めたようだ。    1、My boss seemed to grudgingly approve to study abroad. 2、My boss must reluctantly admit my study of language abroad[for studying abroad].  不動産業界はここ10年ほど景気が悪い。私の父の時代はいい時代だったと思う。 これからは個人の不動産屋は経営が大変です。 The real estate industry in Japan has been suffered from recession for ten years. When my father was in the business, it was probably a good era. Although for individual real-estate firms, it will be a difficult one from now.

• 英文を添削してください

House Un-America Activities Committee(HUAC)についてのことです。 The House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC), a committee of the U.S. House of Representatives, investigated allegations of communist activity in the U.S. during the early years of the Cold War (1945-91). HUAC’s controversial tactics contributed to the fear, distrust and repression that existed during the anticommunist hysteria of the 1950s. The work of the committee continued to decline in importance throughout the late 1950s and early 1960s until the committee itself was renamed the House Internal Security Committee in 1969, prefiguring its eventual abolition in 1975. ⇨The House Un-American Activities Committee investigated communist activity in the U.S. during the early years of the Cold War. HUAC’s tactics contributed to the fear that existed during the anticommunist hysteria. However the work of the committee declined in importance and until the committee itself was renamed the House Internal Security Committee in 1969, prefiguring abolition in 1975. 上の文は教科書やインターネットで調べて引用したものです。 長いので、勝手に短くしてみました(⇨以降の文章です) こちらの文章が文法的、意味的におかしくないか確認して欲しいです。 また、ここは削れるよ、とかこの表現はこうした方が簡単、などあれば、そちらも教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 海外文通をしているのですが,英文の添削をお願いします!!

海外文通をしているのですが,英文の添削をお願いします!! The New Years, I went to 〇〇(場所名) with my family.We looked at sunrise there. It was very beautiful! I was surprised, because The New Years of Japan reflected TV of Sri Lanka. (「スリランカで日本のお正月の様子がテレビに映っていたと聞いて,びっくりしました」はこれで良いんですか?) And how about your New Years? Now this time, I send you a MD that when I belong to a wind instrument music club at high school. Do you have a MD player? If you don't have, I'll send you a CD next time. I play the trumpet. Do you hear my sounds? My father and my mother are 〇〇 years old. My father is a 〇〇(職名) and my mother is a 〇〇. I have precious friends too. I feel happy when I play with them. Recently I feel fun when I look over many countrys. I'd like to know more Sri Lanka. (moreの位置あってますか?) What your country's mother tongue do you speak? Why do you start this letter? お願いします!

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を楽しむでしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view every day and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を毎日楽しむ事でしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします