Is Plain Packaging an Effective Way to Reduce Smoking Rates?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Plain packaging might not have an impact on adult smokers, but it could deter young people from smoking.
  • The tobacco industry is likely to oppose any further restrictions on their legal product.
  • Displaying tobacco products prominently contributes to normalizing smoking behavior.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の翻訳お願いします。

If it's not on display, then it's not normal adult behavior.It can't be treated like a Mars bar that you just pick up when you go in. That's an absolutely crucial part of the strategy. Smokers I spoke to thought plain packaging might deter the young, but not them. I suppose the kids and that, they look at bright packaging and they think, you know, wow, this looks alright, but plain packaging, you know, I don't think it'd make a difference to me smoking at all. But the tobacco industry will fiercely oppose any further restrictions on what remains a legal product. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

(陳列棚に)置いてなければ、普通大人のする事ではない。(店に)入って、すぐ手に取れるチョコレートキャンディーのようには扱えない。ここが作戦の、最も肝心なところだ。        (Mars bar については、下記をご覧ください) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_%28chocolate_bar%29     私が話した喫煙者は、包装を目立たないものにすれば、大人には影響が無いが、若者は遠ざかるだろう、と思った。     子どもは色鮮やかな包装を見て、ああ、これすごい、良さそう、と思うだろうが、目を引かない包装ではね、でも私の(ような大人の)タバコ好きには無関係だ。     しかしタバコ製造業者は、合法な製品(=たばこ)にこれ以上制限が加えられる事には猛烈に反対するだろう。 (これで通じますかね)

ma-ko-
質問者

お礼

早い回答ありがとうございます。 とても助かりました。 本当にありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

長文ですが、次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ある俳優にファンが出演した映画について聞いています Q:I was going to ask you Randy about Lorton Lake. A:You know Danny finished that and like re-edited it and did something with it. The director, sorry, the director has had like full control of overall about whatever we make and then he is going to cut down. And I think he did some weird re-edit of it and it played at some places under a different name, but I don't actually have that in control over that anymore. I was like… Q:Don't know if we are going to get to see that then? A:I don't know, I should talk to him while I am here, I need to… Probably not. Q:There is so many things that you guys do that we don't get to see. A:I know, I know, but it's like not good enough for you guys yet, if you see it now. 宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

OK I have the aluminum one finished and the copper is all finished except for the set screws, I need to know if you like this length or if you would like it shortened a little as it's longer than the one you showed me by several mm. I left it this long because I felt the more heat sink you have the better it is for your laser diode but you may not like the look of it so I am giving you a chance to have it shorter if you like. Also I think these heat sinks may not fit your hosts as they were made to fit these hosts and you know I like to make them tight, for example the aluminum heat sink will go in the host that the copper heat sink was made for and it's a bit loose but the copper heat sink will not fit inside of the other host. There is about .005" difference in them so you will probably want these hosts they are $12.00 each that's my cost. Let me know about the length so I can finish it up and get it off to you

• it とthem の使い分けについて 辞書例文

ジーニアス辞典のthat の項目 it is nót that ... (but it is júst that ...)にある 以下の例文について質問です。 それは…というわけではなく(ただ…というだけのことである)(!直前の発言の理由を説明) ▶I don’t have a cell phone. It’s not that I dislike them, but it’s just that I think it unnecessary. 私は携帯を持っていないが, それは嫌いだからというのではなく, ただ不要だと思っているからだけなのである(!(1)しばしばit isが省略されnot that ...の形になる. (2)後半部はbutやit is, justなどが省略されたりsimplyやratherといった副が添えられたりする) I don’t have a cell phone. It’s not that I dislike them, but it’s just that I think it unnecessary. I dislike them とthem になっているのは 携帯全般を意味するためにthem になっていて、I think it のit がthem ではなく、itであるのは個別の携帯を指すために使われているという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 このthem とitを両方とも itやthem に統一したり、 {I don’t have a cell phone. It’s not that I dislike it*, but it’s just that I think it unnecessary. I don’t have a cell phone. It’s not that I dislike them, but it’s just that I think them* unnecessary.} お互いを交換することもできるように思えるのですが、確信が持てないです。 I don’t have a cell phone. It’s not that I dislike it, but it’s just that I think them unnecessary. 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I think it's great they are moving on. I have not watched this guy sing yet but I know they would not pick a slouch. He's going to have a hard time filling Scotts shoes. But I wish them all well.

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

英語の翻訳をお願いします 次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 一部文章が完成形でない部分もありますが、よろしくお願いいたします。 A:As actors, when you watch theater and film, do you still get lost in the magic of it or do you often over analyze what's going on? B:Both, I mean, I think if I'm over analyzing it, then it's not good enough. So it's harder for me to just get lost. It also really depends on the piece if I have a history with it like it's a play that I have an idea about, that I've done, I am pretty sure that I like him better than like ....(抜けている単語があります) , but if I get lost, that's always the goal.

• 翻訳お願いします

You did not tell me that you wanted it to focus. It said this it was not a focus ring but I can make it one of you just let me know.

• 英語の翻訳

以下、イギリス人とebyでやり取りの中です、google翻訳で何言ってるかわかりませんでした。 翻訳できる方お願いします。 What world do you live in where a buyer can dictate to a seller how much he can sell his good for ? I think it best if you found someone else to buy these parts from. Peculiar that you now know how to write in English. I find it very difficult to deal with fools who think they can tell me what they think and expect me to go along with it, I prefer not to deal with these people as is the case here.

• 英語にして下さい!!お願いいたします。

I know this email will come quite unexpectedly! No, it’s not about my story (yet!). But I wanted to tell you a couple of things! First of all, I hope you are not really catching a cold, I would be sad if so!Then, I’ll go straight to the reason of the email. I want to thank you for sending me those photos you took at usj. But not only this! I kept watching those photos, as I told you yesterday!The reason is…! They made me think! (about good things, don’t worry!)Of course, take what I am about to say as a compliment! They made me think that you are a really simple and gentle person! ^^ I can’t help thinking it by looking at the photo! And you look so cute and funny on that hellokitty dress :D You know what? I think I could lift you easily XD (again, take what I am saying as a compliment). It’s something I really like :D That said, I wanted to say that I also think this (being simple) is an aspect of you (amongst many others, of course!) which I really appreciate. In those photos, you look so naturally smiling! I appreciate simple people! And I appreciate you for being simple!Being simple is a really good thing on my opinion. That’s why I think you are really cute! I prefer a simple person as you are a lot more than someone who starts declaiming the whole ‘Divine Comedy’ and then behaves badly. I think, because you are simple, you can do no intentional harm to anyone! ^-^ And once more (もう一回!) I appreciate this. A lot. I don’t like complex people who have a tortuous way of thinking! Lastly, I also wanted to tell you again how much I appreciated your letter. And the fact that you made that Origami! That makes me feel warm every time I watch it (and I do it often!). Another sign of your kindness. It’s one of those little things that might seem nothing to someone. But which I really, deeply and sincerely appreciate. That touched me a lot, thank you.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“To me it's just like, I don't know man. To me it's like gratitude is a little bit cooler than crapping all over everybody. I love Scott, love him, but I also know what it's like to have fans, and I shake hands every day and sign autographs and stuff like that. It's just like when you start thinking that like they're just going to show up every single day and not care and it's okay, at some point it's going to come back and hurt you.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Finding a new apartment is really slow but I am trying to do everything I can to make it go faster. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks again until I can continue the search because after I sent an application to one place, they said they need 1-2 weeks until they can actually receive it. But after that, I think I might be able to find someting quite soon.. It's a "more expensive" way of doing things, kind of. Before they let you move into one of their rental apartments there is a certain amount of money that you need to pay first. And because it is alot of money, not money people do it this way and that's why there should be more apartments available for me. It's about 15 000-20 000   but my parents said they can lend the amount to me, because they don't want me to borrow money from the banks. And this money is something I will get back if/when I move, so it's not like I would actually loose th ose 15000-20000  Q__Q Ah, I don't know if you understood, but yeah, Finland likes to complicate things. I still love you and miss you so much. And I don't think sending e-mails will change what I feel and think about you. But I'm sure that when we meet again in real life it will be ever better than before.