• 締切済み

英語の文章

It's one of the must-see attractions for visitors to London. Most tourists only get to look at the outside of the famous clock tower. But for a few thousand people a year who organise a tour of it, this is how it sounds on the inside... The clanking of the old machinery which operates the clock and those bongs. It can only be visited if it's arranged in advance by contacting a member of Parliament, usually only done by the small number of UK residents who are aware of it. But rather than those tours being free in future, there'll be a charge of fifteen pounds per person. House of Commons officials say it will simply cover the 111-thousand pounds a year it costs to provide the tours. But a group of disgruntled MPs argue that UK residents already pay through their taxes. They say Big Ben is a world-renowned symbol of British democracy, and visiting it should be free. このニュースが伝えていることを簡単にまとめて教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

それは、ロンドンへの訪問客にとっての必見の呼び物の1つです。ほとんどの観光客は、有名な時計台の外を見る機会を得るだけです。しかし、1年に2,3千人のそれ(時計台)のツアーを計画する人々にとって、この様にそれ(時計台)は内部で音を立てているのです…。時計とあのゴーンと言う音を操作する古い機械のガチャガチャいう音です。 国会議員に連絡して前もって手配した場合に限ってそれ(時計台内部)の訪問は可能です、それで、たいてい、そのことを知る数少ない英国の住民によってなされてきました。 しかし、むしろ、今後はそうしたツアーが無料ではなく、一人15ポンドの料金がかかるようになるでしょう。下院当局は、単に旅行を提供するのにかかる1年につき11万1000ポンドを埋め合わせると、言っています。 しかし、不満を持つ議員のグループは、英国の住民が彼らの税を通してすでに支払っていると主張しています。彼ら(議員)は、ビッグベンが英国の民主主義の世界に名高い象徴で、それを訪問することは無料でなければならないと言っています。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

ロンドンにある時計塔、ビッグベンのニュースですね。 この時計塔は現在外からしか観光できないんですけど、前から予約と許可を取っている場合、中にも入れるらしいです。 このことを知っている人は地元のイギリス人でも少ないんです。 将来的に中の観光も許可無しでも入場できるようにするつもりなんですけど、ここで問題が。。 それは入場料。ツアーを無料に提供するのではなく、一人につき15ポンドとるつもりだと。 入場料を取った場合、年間にかかるツアー費が浮くとイギリスの政府は言ってるんです。 しかし、議会の一部はイギリス人はすでに税金を十分払っているため、 入場料を取らなくてもツアー費は負担が掛からないはずだと。 最終的に、ビッグベンは世界的に有名なイギリスのシンボルなので観光をするのは無料であるべきだと言ってます。 こんな感じです。 一応海外で生まれ育っているので、間違いはないはずです☆ お役にたてたならうれしいです!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• It might be pushing it

It might be pushing it to say that Chelsea were comfortable but they had come through something of a storm when finally Juventus broke through on 38 minutes. のIt might be pushing it to sayの部分の意味が分かりません。 教えてください。

• ダイアローグ1800で分らない文章があるので教えてください

ダイアローグ1800で勉強をしているのですが、次の文章がよく分りません。 Now I know what it means to have meals in a foreign country; not only do I have to learn manners but also a lot of things with strange names. 訳は、 ちょっとレイジースーザンのことはもういいよ。他の国で食事をするにはマナーだけじゃなくて、いろいろ変な名前のついたものを覚えなくちゃいけないわけだね。 となっています。そこで疑問点なのですが、 (1) 訳の「ちょっとレイジースーザンのことはもういいよ。」に該当する英文の箇所が分りません。「Now I know what it means」かとも思いましたが、そうなるとその後の「to have meals in a foreign country」に続かないですよね? (2) 「not only do I have to learn manners but also a lot of things with strange names.」 の箇所は、 I have to learn not only manners but also a lot of things with strange names. と書き換え可能ですか? 先頭の「not only do」の箇所が分らないのです。  以上、どなたかご教示願えれば幸いです。

• レースカーに関する英語

レースカーに関する英語 ある海外ドラマに、レースカーに関する以下のような会話シーンが出てきます。 スタンゲリーニというイタリア車(レース用にエンジン改造済み)を前にした2人の会話です。 登場人物A. Two hundred and fifty horses pulling less than a thousand pounds of car. You can spin the wheel in any gear. 登場人物B. What's the red-line? 登場人物A. Eight thousand. But keep it down to seventy-five hundred today.  以下、疑問点をまとめました。 (Aの最初の台詞) Two hundred and fifty horses は「250馬力」ですよね? でも、pulling less than a thousand pounds of car がピンときません。 「車の千ポンド以下をpullする」とはどういうことでしょうか? 続くYou can spin the wheel in any gear は「どのギアでも高速走行できる」という解釈で いいのでしょうか? (Bの台詞) 直訳すれば「限界は?」みたいな感じになると思いますが、直前のAの台詞がよく理解できないので、 何について言っているのか分かりません。 (Aの2番目の台詞) 直訳は「8000だが今日は7500にしておく」 単位はAの最初の台詞に出てくるpoundだと思うのですが、何を指す単位なのか分からないので 言わんとしていることが理解できません。 ネットで調べてみたのですが、基本的な知識がないのでサッパリです。 ご教示のほど、よろしくお願い致します!

• 英語の文章を訳して下さい。

On 7 December, the siege of Kut began. From the Ottoman perspective; Siege of Kut prevented Sixth Army to perform other operations. From the British perspective, defending Kut as opposed to retreating back to Basra was a mistake since Kut was isolated. It could be defended, but it could not be resupplied. Von der Goltz helped the Ottoman forces build defensive positions around Kut. The Sixth Army was reorganized into 2 corps, the XIII and the XVIII. Nureddin Pasha gave command to Von der Goltz. With the reorganization the Sixth Army laid siege to the British. New fortified positions established down river fended off any attempt to rescue Townshend. Townshend suggested an attempt to break out but this was initially rejected by Sir John Nixon, however he relented. Nixon established a relief force under the command of General Aylmer. General Aylmer made three major attempts to break the siege, but each effort was unsuccessful.

• 英語の資料を読んでいるのですが、下記の文章が分からなくて困っています。

英語の資料を読んでいるのですが、下記の文章が分からなくて困っています。 どなたか助けて下さい>< 1)If you are late and the care home family of the cat you cat is mating is being paid to be here. 2)to pay to register this entire cat which is more expensive than de-sexed cat, per the rules of your local council, but sign change of owner forms into the name A. 3)Further vaccinations are allowed but only certin type and Kennel Cough allowed at your own expense and preferably only if required as condition by boarding kennels.

• 英語 和訳

It is only gradually that the small child begins to be aware of himself as a separate entity,and at the same time to be aware of other people as separate also. この文を和訳してください。 どなたか宜しくお願いします。

• 英語について

英語について This means it has to be used again and again. 訳をお願いします。itの前はthatが省略されているんでしょうか? ちなみに、前の文は、 Carbon is present in the atmosphere in the form of carbon dioxide gas.But it is present only in small amounts. です。 お願いします。

• 英語長文ですが宜しくお願いします。

翻訳をお願いします! So basically, you don't want to be the type of person who only breaks looks to a relationship, because looks is a very small part when it comes to seeing the overall person. I've had to learn this overtime. For example, would you rather have a guy who is a 10 in looks, but lame and scores very low in everything else that's important to you or be with someone who has something to give in all categories which you find important? My mother use to tell me " usually too much of something isn't good." I've found this in life to be very true. I just felt the need to say by expressing to you a little about my views. I didn't say you think looks is everything, but by the things you say sometimes shows how important looks are to you, but I understand this because that's the world you have been brought up in. It's not your fault. But always understand your world and don't let it control you and make you who you are. I tell you that as your man and as a friend.

• 以下の文章を和訳していただけないでしょうか

お世話になります。 どなたか、以下の文章を和訳していただけないでしょうか It may not be possible or necessary to directly test every material,part and sub-assembly of a given product and test results only represent the status of the tested sample. onlyの訳仕方がわかりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 添削をお願いします

実際に行ってみないと、どのような結果になるかはわからない。住民に負担がかかってしまうかもしれないが、赤字の削減にもなり、それが地域の利益にもなる可能性があるのであればやってみる価値はあるように思える。 If we do not try, we will never know what result we are capable of. It may be a burden to the residents, but it also to be worth trying if it is possible to reduce the deficit and to benefit in the region. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。