ダイアローグ1800で分からない文章についての疑問点

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ダイアローグ1800で勉強をしているのに、分からない文章があります。
  • 文章には、他の国での食事のマナーや変な名前のものを覚えなければならないことが示されています。
  • 疑問点は、(1) 訳の「ちょっとレイジースーザンのことはもういいよ。」という部分の意味が分からないこと、および (2) 「not only do I have to learn manners but also a lot of things with strange names.」という部分の構成が理解できないことです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

ダイアローグ1800で分らない文章があるので教えてください

ダイアローグ1800で勉強をしているのですが、次の文章がよく分りません。 Now I know what it means to have meals in a foreign country; not only do I have to learn manners but also a lot of things with strange names. 訳は、 ちょっとレイジースーザンのことはもういいよ。他の国で食事をするにはマナーだけじゃなくて、いろいろ変な名前のついたものを覚えなくちゃいけないわけだね。 となっています。そこで疑問点なのですが、 (1) 訳の「ちょっとレイジースーザンのことはもういいよ。」に該当する英文の箇所が分りません。「Now I know what it means」かとも思いましたが、そうなるとその後の「to have meals in a foreign country」に続かないですよね? (2) 「not only do I have to learn manners but also a lot of things with strange names.」 の箇所は、 I have to learn not only manners but also a lot of things with strange names. と書き換え可能ですか? 先頭の「not only do」の箇所が分らないのです。  以上、どなたかご教示願えれば幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

(一)lazy Susan レイジー・スーザン、回転式食卓、回転盆◆底に小さな車輪が付いており、円形の卓上に乗せて使う盆。中華料理店の円卓の中央にあり、その上に料理を乗せてクルクル回せるようになっているもの (二) いわゆる倒置法でしょうね。意味を強調した言い方、「あれだけじゃなく、これも、アレも」と内心の少しイヤ気さしている部分を強調する為、わざと「not only」を先に持って来て、相手に「アレも、これも」と言いたかった様子が窺われます。 が、いきなり、これを喋れと、この通り喋れ、云われたら、一寸面食らいますよね、かなり、喋り慣れていないと、無理っぽい。 以上、、、、、、、です。

zeichef
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 倒置法ですか、勉強してみます。 どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.2

(一)の説明、外国(香港・中国など)に行って中華料理を食べる時やー、こんなテーブルが出てくるんだよ、これはこうして、アレはこうして、の前振りで、この会話の前に「中華料理の回転式円卓」の話が出て来たんでしょうね、多分。

zeichef
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 ご免なさい、書き漏らしました。 おっしゃる通りです。この会話の前にレイジースーザンの説明があったのです。 で、実は、つい今しがた、ダイアローグ1800のNEW EDITIONを本屋で見つけ、該当場所を読んでみたら、訳が変わっていました。 うろ覚えですが、外国で食事をするということが、どういうことがよく分ったよという意味だったと思います。 どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文が正しいかどうか教えて下さい

下の英文の、おかしな文やアドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 Second I will state about the study. Now children have to go to school in nine year. We can learn and study that we need things for live. But we can learn not only school but also television and movies. We have education channel for children. Children can learn by watch it. For example, words, vocabulary. But television and movies have more. Movie teaches us important things in story. For example, dream come true and friend. School teacher don’t teach us about it. We learn a lot of things watch television I like watch television about famous people’s success process. And we can learn culture other countries. So I think that television and movies teach us a lot of things. よろしくお願いします。

• have a lot of things to do

1, I have a lot of things to do. 2, I have to do a lot of things . いつもお世話になります。1,2は、意味がどう違いますか。

• a lot of thingsの意味

このような簡単な回答で申し訳ないのですが今一 この意味をわからないです thing は 物ですよね? a lot of things だと たくさんの物になるのでしょうか?? ですが I have a lot of things to tell you だと私はあなたに話す事がたくさんあるですよね? 物が入ってないのでどうゆう意味なのでしょうか??

• 翻訳をお願い致します

I also pray for his recovery I know it's a lot to handle just try to take things day by day BLESSINGS

• どなたか正確な訳をお願いします。

I like a lot(as a friend only, as I have a girlfriend not now) 意味はわかるのですが、細かいニュアンスがわかりません。どなかた教えていただけますか?

• 英文を訳してもらえませんか? <part2>

People in other areas also wanted to find ways to do something. Some of them actually gave a helping hand to the victims by ciearing the streets and serving hot meals. Millions of people have donated money and goods. Aid came from not only within Japan but from many other countries. There are lots of students who want to help people in need. You may not be able to take action right away, but there are many things that young people can do. Doing volunteer work during long vacations is one of them. Studying is another . It will help you to learn things to make this nation a safer place. 長い文章ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• とても長いのですが…

You can trust London's taxi driuers. They will take you to any address by the shortest possible route. When I took a taxi in London, I saw the driver's license and a green badge on display inside the car. I asked him what the green badge was. "My green badge? It means I know all the street names in London. I can take you anywhere you want to go." "How do you get a green badge? Is there a school for taxi drivers?" "No, there isn't. You have to study by yourself. But the test is difficult. On average only six people in every hundred pass." "How do you learn all the street names in London? You must have a wonderful memory." "I went round London on a motorbike, learning the street names in one area at a time. You have to remember which streets are one-way. When you remember them all, you take a test. It's not a wirtten test. You have an interview with an examiner face to face. The examiners are usually very rude, but you must keep calm. Taxi driuers must not only know every street in London, but they must also be able to deal with all kinds of passengers. If you get angry when the examiner is rude, you fail." "How long does it take to learn the whole of London?" "That depends. Everyone is different. But after you have passed your test, you still have to attend a two-week course to learn where all the theaters and museums are. Finally you take a special driving test. The examiners always ask you to do things you are not allowed to do. But you must not break the law. You can only fail the test once. If you fail twice, you'll never be a London taxi driver." かなり長いのですが、訳していただけたら光栄です(T_T)

• 間違っている英文があったら、教えて下さい。

こんばんは。間違っている英文や、こんな言い方はしない。という文があったら、教えて下さい。 誰の意見を信じるべきか? Who's opinion should I believe?    Whose opinion should I believe? Who's opinion should I trust   Whose opinion should I trust    Which opinion should I buy?  あと何年かかることやら・・・ (溜息まじりに) Who knows how long it will take? I don't know how long it will take. (not ? but .)  There is no telling how long it will take.    I wonder how many more years it will take. ひさしぶりに会った友達に「話したい事が沢山あるんだ!」 I have a lot to say. I have many things to speak with you.  There are a lot of things I want to tell you. I have a lot things what I'd like to talk to you.

• 至急;ナショナルトラストに関する文章の和訳お願いします!

The Trust tries to give the feeling that a property is still being lived in and that it is not simply a museum. In the summer lots of volunteers help to maintain the land the Trust owns; these include a lot of young people who also learn about nature by helping the National Trust.

• 和訳でも分かりずらい文章

A year has hardly elapsed when things have come to this. 一年たつかたたぬにこの始末 A month has hardly elapsed when things have come to this! ひと月たたぬにこのていたらく when things have come to thisについて調べていたら以上のような例文がありましたが 日本語訳でも意味が分かりずらくどう解釈してよいのかわかりません。 もっとわかりやすく、英語で解釈しやすい全体の訳(特にwhen things have come to thisの解釈の仕方)などあれば教えて頂けないでしょうか?