• ベストアンサー

「片膝たてて座る」を英語で。

ID10T5の回答

• ID10T5
  • ベストアンサー率31% (732/2313)
回答No.4

ボクも一つ挑戦してみます。右・左をはっきりした方が説明しやすいので、右足をまげてその上に座り、左足を立てることを前提にします。 Place the right knee on the floor and rest the buttocks on the right heel while keeping the left knee propped up on the left foot. 短くはないですが、これで一通りのことは言えていると思います。座るという表現はrest the buttocks on the right heelが相当します。お尻を右かかとの上に載せるということです。

matsu1738
質問者

お礼

とても参考になりました。ご回答ありがとうありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語で「正座」「正座する」って、わかりやすく伝えたい。

英語で「正座する」って、どう言いますか? 辞書で見ると、 fold one's legs under oneself、 get down on one's knees、 sit down Japanese style, with the buttocks on top of the ankles というのがありした。 いずれも、これでわかるのか疑問です。 もっと、すっきりわかる言い方ありませんか? 3番目のJapanese Styleという説明も、つまり、正座って、日本にしかない座り方ってことなのでしょうか? 動詞「正座する」、名詞「正座」を教えて下さい

• 茶事にアメリカ人が来ることに...

来月の茶事にアメリカ人が参加することになりました。 彼は茶事は始めてで、あくまで茶事体験なので、詳しいことを英語で説明する必要はないのですが、正客である私は、全体の進行上、次の三つは英語で教えなければなりません。 1.【正座】 2.【両手を前について)礼】 3.【総礼】 1.【正座】辞書では、"sit straight"とか"sit upright"のようですが、こういう表現を聞いたことがありません。"Please do seiza"で通じるようですが、それではあんまりな気がします。 "kneel down onto the floor, with a straight back."ぐらいしか思いつかないのですが、こなれた表現ありましたら教えてください。 2.【礼】これはもっと難しくて、"Keel on the ground, put your hands on the floor."でいいでしょうか?逮捕か土下座みたいですけど。 3.【総礼】は茶室にいる全員が同時に行なう【礼】で、全員同時に行なうことが大切なのですが、何と言えばいいでしょうか?

• 英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。

英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。うまく訳せなくて困っています。よろしくお願いします。 The experience with the KPD and the DKP illustrated, on the one hand, how sensitive and vulnerable the reaction of the new West German republic was to criticism of the system and, on the other, how threatened this new state felt itself to be.

• 教えてください--子供をひざに抱く

子供をひざに抱く hold a child on one's knee 赤ちゃんを腕に抱く nestle a baby in one's arms 「抱く」という表現をジーニアスで調べたら、上のような例文がありました。「ひざに抱く」のon one's kneeはkneeは単数(複数は×)とありました。 腕も2本、ひざも2箇所(?)あると考えると、「腕に抱く」の表現と同じように、ひざの方も複数(knees)になりそうな気がするのですが、なぜダメなのでしょうか?

• 至急。英語について

『この前貴方が私に貴方の顔に座ってほしいって言ったのって、 私はただ貴方の顔に座るだけだよね?英語がわかる友達にLINEのやり取り少し見られた時にその友達が、それって座るだけじゃなくその先の行為をしたいって意味だよ。って言われたんだけどそうなの?英語分からないからokayって言っちゃったけどそれなら私嫌だ。』と言いたいのですが、 I want to ask you just one thing. You said you wanted to sit on my face before, didn't you? Does that mean you will just sit on my face and nothing more? Can I take your words literally? One of my friends who knows English watched our LINE talk and told me that it means more than that. If so, I hate it and I will have to take back my okay because I couldn't understand what you meant in English.←可笑しなところはないでしょうか?

• ”仁王立ちする”英語で何と言いますか?

「彼は両手をウェストにあてて仁王立ちしていた」 これを英語でどう書けばいいでしょうか? He was standing motionless, with his hands on his waist. これで通じますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 体育座りをドイツ語か英語で

体育座りをドイツ語か英語でいうとどういいますか? 英語だと sit holding one's knees with arms. でしょうか? だとすると halten seine Knie (あるいは seine Beine?) mit seiner Haende でしょうか?

• 英語論文翻訳お願いします

Testing procedures All study participants completed manual muscle and Tinetti mobility testing , isokinetic strength testing of the quadriceps and hamstring muscle groups , exercise stress testing and gait and balance testing bath at the beginning and gait and balance testing bath at the beginning and end of the 12-wk study period. These measurements were made by blinded examiners at baseline and 7 to 10 days after completion of either the exercise or control protocols. Positioning of the subjects for manual muscle testing of the various lower extremity muscle groups and the zero to five muscle strength grading system were based on the positions and grades established by Kendall and MCreary.27 Modifications in muscle testing were made as necessary following the procedures recommended by Daniels and Worthingham.28 Leg length discrepancies and significant joint motion limitations were recorded at this time. Clinical gait and balance were measured with a modified version of Tinetti’s instrument.29 This mobility test involves a series of simple tasks including sitting, standing up from and sitting down in a cair, standing and tandem standing both with eyes open and closed , turning in a circle, turning head from side to side , standing on one leg , reaching and bending to pick up an object, withstanding a nudge on the sternum while standing and walking short distances with or without the aid of an assistive device. Observations of gait were made for gait intiation, step length and height, step symmetry, step continuity and gait path. Each task was scored on a zero to one or zero to two scale . Isokinetic muscle strength testing was performed at 60°per second to obtain concentric isokinetic strength measurements for knee flexion and extension, measurements for knee flexion and extension, utilizing the Cybex II isokinetic dynamometer (Lumex, Inc. Bayshore, NY) and single-channel chart recorder. Adjustments for age were determined by estimating a 1% decline in strength per year after age 40.30 Measurements of endurance were recorded by tabulating the number of repetitions completed at 180°per second before strength declined to <50% of peak torque. Testing procedures All study participants completed manual muscle and Tinetti mobility testing , isokinetic strength testing of the quadriceps and hamstring muscle groups , exercise stress testing and gait and balance testing bath at the beginning and gait and balance testing bath at the beginning and end of the 12-wk study period. These measurements were made by blinded examiners at baseline and 7 to 10 days after completion of either the exercise or control protocols. Positioning of the subjects for manual muscle testing of the various lower extremity muscle groups and the zero to five muscle strength grading system were based on the positions and grades established by Kendall and MCreary.27 Modifications in muscle testing were made as necessary following the procedures recommended by Daniels and Worthingham.28 Leg length discrepancies and significant joint motion limitations were recorded at this time. Clinical gait and balance were measured with a modified version of Tinetti’s instrument.29 This mobility test involves a series of simple tasks including sitting, standing up from and sitting down in a cair, standing and tandem standing both with eyes open and closed , turning in a circle, turning head from side to side , standing on one leg , reaching and bending to pick up an object, withstanding a nudge on the sternum while standing and walking short distances with or without the aid of an assistive device. Observations of gait were made for gait intiation, step length and height, step symmetry, step continuity and gait path. Each task was scored on a zero to one or zero to two scale . よろしくお願いします

• てんてんてん 英語 読み

…は英語で何と読みますか? 例えば次のようなものです: (1) 1, 2, 3, 4,… (2) 1+2+3+…+100 (3) 1+4+9+…+n^2+… (4) π=3.14159… (1) one, two, three, four, and so forth (4) pi equals three point one four one five nine and so on とかでいいのでしょうか? (2), (3) はよくわかりません

• 「など」の英語の訳し方

例えば、「マイケルジャクソンは”スリラー”や”バッド”や”スムースクリミナル”など、数々のヒット曲を生み出した」と言いたい場合、 「など」はどのように英語で表現できますか? etc(エトセトラ)や(and so on)、(and things like that...) などでしょうか? またプレゼンで上の文を英語で話す場合、どの表現が適切でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。