• ベストアンサー

次の英文の訳し方を教えてください

A man who is held up to the best and finest of his nature while on the court go off it and be a mucker.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

彼の品格たるや最良で素晴らしい模範なのだが、コートではそれをかなぐり捨てて品のない人物になる。

tuuhaku
質問者

お礼

御礼が遅くなり申し訳ありません。 お陰様で次に進むことが出来ます、有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 少々長文で恐縮ですがどなたか和訳を教えて下さい。

A man must be a sportsman on and off the court to stay in the game. Tennis needs no paid umpires to keep order and conform the rules. The players are always willing to trust their opponents to give them fairest decision on all points. “The sportsmanship of tennis is so high that it carries with it a great value as a character builder. A man who is held up to the best and finest of his nature while on the court go off it and be a mucker. The game lifts the man to its level, or, if the man does not meet that level of sportsmanship, he drops out of the game. The keynote of tennis sportsmanship is generosity to your opponent.

• it is worth while to ~以下の英文に関し

It is said sometimes that a man is lucky because he has many friends. I am not so sure. It would be truer to say that he is lucky if he possesses a few deep and sincere friendships. Since friendship is so invaluable, it is worth while to endeavour to understand its nature and to discover how it can be secured. it is worth while 以下の英文なんですが、英文を多く読んでおられる先生方なら、to discover以下がto understand its natureと並列されていると容易に理解されることと思います。私は多くの英文を読んでいないせいかto discover以下がto endeavour と並列されていると勘違いしました。この勘違いを英文の構造上から考えて避ける方法はありませんか? 又もし、it is worth while to endeavour to understand its nature and it is worth while to discover how it can be secured. というのが本意である場合、どのように言えばいいのでしょうか? it is worth while to endeavour to understand its nature and it is also worth while to discover how it can be secured. なんてalsoを入れたら英文としてスマートにはなりませんか?返って不自然になるでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文の和訳

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の中盤のみとなりますので内容が中途半端だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Your courtship will be unusual and unconventional, perhaps broken off, and resumed again, as he is a man who has his own original ideas about courtship, love and marriage, and refuses to be bound by the rules of society. He prefers to follow his hearts desire, his own ideals. There may seem to be no fixed boundaries or rules and expectations in your courtship. It will begin very suddenly. or change very suddenly form friendship to love.

• 英文和訳

And should we defeat every enemy, and should we double our wealth and conquer the stars, and still be unequal to this issue, then we will have failed as a people and as a nation. For, with a country as with a person, "what is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" There is no Negro problem. There is no Southern problem. There is no Northern problem. There is only an American problem.This was the first nation in the history of the world to be founded with a purpose. The great phrases of that purpose still sound in every American heart, North and South: "All men are created equal." "Government by consent of the governed." "Give me liberty or give me death." And those are not just clever words, and those are not just empty theories. In their name Americans have fought and died for two centuries and tonight around the world they stand there as guardians of our liberty risking their lives. Those words are promised to every citizen that he shall share in the dignity of man. This dignity cannot be found in a man's possessions. It cannot be found in his power or in his position. It really rests on his right to be treated as a man equal in opportunity to all others. It says that he shall share in freedom. He shall choose his leaders, educate his children, provide for his family according to his ability and his merits as a human being. To apply any other test, to deny a man his hopes because of his color or race or his religion or the place of his birth is not only to do injustice, it is to deny Americans and to dishonor the dead who gave their lives for American freedom. どなたかお願いします。

• 英文を教えてください。

Altesa is in the rain, the rain starts as the bus rumbles down from the head of the valley towards the coast, fat drops spattering on the window against which I rest my face, and it is still falling when the bus pulls away, tyres hissing on the slick flagstones, leaving me standing on the north side of the square. It is a little after five in the afternoon, and the square is almost deserted. A young man is taking in chairs and tables under the awning of the café-bar across from me: he is the only person I can see. I stand in the partial shelter of a plane tree, the suitcase with the pictures propped against my leg. I see myself for a moment as part of the scene, in the way I sometimes do, and realize I look like someone lost—a middle-aged man who has fallen asleep on his bus and, waking in a panic, jumped off at the wrong stop. An out-of-season tourist who has lost his coach party. Guy BurtのThe Dandelion Clockからの英文です。 *********************************************************** I see myself for a moment as part of the scene, in the way I sometimes do, and realize I look like someone lost—a middle-aged man who has fallen asleep on his bus and, waking in a panic, jumped off at the wrong stop. この英文がわからないのですが、 in the way I sometimes do 私がときどきする方法の中で? and realize I look like someone lost— lostはどこかつながるのでしょうか? それともそこで文が切れて、a middle-aged man who has fallen asleep on his bus and, waking in a panic, jumped off at the wrong stop.が一続きですか? someone lost 誰かが失った? 失われた誰か? lostがどうなっているのかわかりません。 最後のAn out-of-season tourist who has lost his coach party.のcoach partyの意味がわかりません。 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の意味がわかりません。

Here, the woman is sometimes the one expressing her feelings to the man.But, the tradition says that it should be the man who should court the woman.. この英文の意味がわかりません。 一人の人と付き合うのが当たり前なのかそうじゃないのかよく分かりません。 教えてください。

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 多分引き続き外観の内容だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Altogether he could be said to have a good figure. He has health and vitality and is more muscle but of a refined kind, lean than fat. A man who stands elegantly but has posture and poses, looks fit but not athletic, more like one who moves with the dance of life He has a freshness.. His mannerisms and movements have a bounce, a flourish, but can be awkward, angular, aristocratic, relaxed and stately all at the same time. A man who some people may dislike. A nobody pretending to be somebody else, you might say. But he has a certain aura, a quiet strength amid peace and tranquility.

• 次の英文訳してくださいお願いします!!

(1) The fact that those who are overweight die earlier than those who are not should be easy to understand. (2) The fact that domestic cats will share a home with a human family is, in itself, proof of their flexibility. (3) It was very pleasant to sit and watch the bathers splashing about in the water. 以下の3文お願いします。

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英語の再勉強中です。 英文を作成しましたので添削をお願いします。 There was also an affair today. Of course, that result was our big boss. After our boss reported his work to him, he took a joke, ‘the man who gave me this info told me that this is so expensive.’ This word aroused him and yelled. Then he himself called on the man who said it and clamed about it like child in the presence of us. It was really unbelievable scene. There is a problem wherever he is.