Social Exhaustion and the Art of Improvisation: A Tale of Chopin

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the struggles of Chopin as he navigated an endless cycle of social gatherings and the toll it took on him.
  • Unravel the complexity of Chopin's willingness to comply with the demands of others, even when he longed for rest.
  • Explore the nuances of Chopin's improvisations and the hours he would spend at the piano, showcasing his remarkable talent.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

次の英文について教えてください。

次の英文でわからないところがあります。 He hated missing out on any gathering, and the consequent round of tea parties, dinners, soirees and balls exhausted him. 'You know how awful it is when all you want to do is go to bed, and suddenly everyone wants you to start improvising,' he complained, somewhat disingenuously, to a friend; he always complied, and, having sat down at the piano, would improvise for hours. *You know how awful it isのitはthe consequent roundですか? *when all you want to do is go to bedのところで、goは名詞ですか? * and suddenly のandは"それなのに"、と訳せばいいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 出典:「Chopin: Prince of the Romantics」

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

次の英文でわからないところがあります。 He hated missing out on any gathering, and the consequent round of tea parties, dinners, soirees and balls exhausted him. 'You know how awful it is when all you want to do is go to bed, and suddenly everyone wants you to start improvising,' he complained, somewhat disingenuously, to a friend; he always complied, and, having sat down at the piano, would improvise for hours. *You know how awful it isのitはthe consequent roundですか? それでよろしいと思います。 *when all you want to do is go to bedのところで、goは名詞ですか? →動詞です。 My dream is to talk to President Obama. What I want is to talk to President Obama. All I want to do is to talk to President Obama. この3例の似た形で十分理解できると思います。この3番目だけ、want to doと、to doがあり、そのdoにあたる部分が、to talk to President Obamaですね。すると、want toまで言っていますので、後のto talkのtoは二度手間なので、よく省略されるという次第です。toを省略しているので、go自体は動詞ということです。 * and suddenly のandは"それなのに"、と訳せばいいのでしょうか? 訳し方にもよりますが、内容的には上手い訳語だと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

quartet_vvvc
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 (3つの質問に答えていただいてありがとうございます) 例文、よく理解できました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

All I can do is help you. みたいに,前の to の有無はあまり関係ないですね。 do と 後の原形で関連する。 What I did was search for it. みたいに did のこともあります。

quartet_vvvc
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 doと後の原型で関連する、ということですね。 理解致しました。

回答No.1

All you have to do is (to) 原形. しなければならないすべてのことは~することだ。 というパターンでおなじみです。 理屈でいくと is の後は名詞。 普通には不定詞か動名詞。 実際には「これからすべきこと」なので,動名詞は使いません。 結局不定詞になるのですが,特にアメリカでは to が省略されます。 省略といっても見た目のことであり, 前の to do の do という原形部分に対応する感覚。 もともと,動詞の原形というのは動詞の名詞形のようなもので, 名詞に前置詞 to がつくように,名詞形である原形に to がついたものが to 不定詞です。 そういう感覚が今の英語に残っているのかもしれません。 普通には is の後に原形なんておかしい,という感覚でいいのですが, 例外的なパターンとして覚えておいてください。

quartet_vvvc
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 is goの部分はtoが省略されていて例外的なパターンなのですね。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文がうまく訳せません。

得意な方、教えて頂けると助かります。 宜しくお願いします。 is a beautiful city and very well connected to the rest of europe if you want to know more places

• 次の英文を日本語にしてください。

But Wisconsin is only a small part of the united states. There's many places even I want to go go and visit. It's kind of like....hmmm a market. You have all the vendors. And Wisconsin is only one vendor. Selling only a few things. You have to go to the other vendors to get all of the best things. If that makes any sense. I have to go to bed, nighty nighty. May stress be kind to you よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“I know something about addiction and I know how hard it is to overcome that, but the reality is what do you do if you're in a band and you want to continue making the living you have and you want to continue putting out new music and you're co-dependent of the needs and wants of someone who just doesn't want to do anything, who doesn't want to go anywhere. Someone that is just not there, is just not present.”

• 英文を訳していただけませんか?

以下の英文を訳していただけませんか? When you find that man who is very loving and caring to you... do not let a day go by where he doesnt feel that love from you. よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文訳をお願いいたします。

Anyone can die like a dog but true courage is to live when it is right to live and to die only when it is right to die. ご面倒おかけしますが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Say I love you, only when you mean it and make sure they know you mean it. Make excuses to call you every 5 minutes when am at work. Even if you are really busy doing something, go out of your way to call and say I love you. Let there never be a second during any given day that you aren't thinking about each other, and make sure you knows it. よろしくお願いします。

• どなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。

よろしくお願いいたします。 I am fine thank you what about you I am very glad that you had to face how do you still the same when you want to come to it what I want to do something we can meet you somewhere how's everything with you I want to hear about you

• 中学英語 模範解答を教えてください。

(1)Why are you saving so much money? ( )are you saving so much money( )? (2)Yoshio,how about playing soccer after school? Not? ア.How イ.If ウ.Why エ.Certainly (3)どうして、一郎はこんなに遅いのだろう。 I’m( )( )Ichiro is so late. (4)How much is this old stamp? ( )is the ( )of this old stamp? (5)What sort of man is the new teacher? What is the new teacher( )? (6)君はミーティングに参加しなかったね。-いいえ、しましたよ。 You ( )attend the meeting,( )you? ― ( ),I( ) (7)Do you know the meaning of this word? Do you know( )this word( )? (8)彼女は何歳だと思いますか。 you/ is/ how/ she/ think/ do /old (9)I couldn’t understand his laughing like that. I couldn’t understand( )he ( )like that. (10)彼女はなぜ、そのような古い話に興味があるのかしら。(11語で英作文) (11)Do you know the name of this bird? Do you know ( )this bird( )called? (12)How many times do you go shopping every week? How ( )do you go shopping every week? (13)Do you know when she was born? Do you know when ( )( )is? (14)Do you know the distance from the station to his house? Do you know ( )( )( )it is from the station to his house? (15)Where did he find the money? Do you know it? Do you know ( )( )( )? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文、分かりません、訳してください、お願いします

1)You want to know the price of a T-shirt How much is this? 2)You see a T-shirt you like Can I try it on? 3)You want to bring back if it doesn‘t fit Can I bring it back? You can bring it back 4)You want to pay by credit card Can I pay by credit card? 訳せる方、宜しくお願い致します

• 次の問題の答えを教えてください!

○1.~5.に続くもっとも適切なものをa.~e.から1つ選びなさい。 1.The time will surely come [                  ]. 2.That is the house [                  ]. 3.We all know the reason [                   ]. 4.This is how [                      ]. 5.The office [                    ]. a.where I was born b.he got out of danger c.where my father works is close to the station d.when the war will end e.why he failed ○(       )に入れるのに最も適した複合関係詞を下から1つずつ選んで書きなさい。文頭に来る文字も小文字になっています。 1.I am interested in (             ) you write. 2.Come and see me (             ) it is convenient for you. 3.You may invite (             ) wants to come. 4.(            ) hard you try, you will never finish it in a week. [however       whatever       whenever      wherever       whoever] できたらでいいですが、訳も教えていただけたらと思います。 どなたかわかる方、お願いします!