• ベストアンサー

このジョークの意味She's breathing

John:That Liz is sure a great looking hunk of veterinarian. She has the one quality I desire most in a woman. Garfield: She's breathing. ジョンはガーフィールドの飼い主で、犬猫病院で獣医にうつつをぬかしている場面です。 ガーフィールドは、「彼女は息をしている。」と言っているのだとしたら、意味が分かりません。 本当の意味を教えてください、よろしくお願いします。

noname#145643
noname#145643
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#183207
noname#183207
回答No.3

実際に「息している事」が、Johnにとっての、the one quality I desire most in a womanであるわけが無いわけですが、ガーフィールドお決まりの皮肉で「うん、息してるもんね。」と言っている訳です。

noname#145643
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 なるほど、そう考えるのが自然ですね。

noname#145643
質問者

補足

No1様のご回答とあわせて考えると、皮肉で、「うん、生きてるもんね。」という感じですかね?

その他の回答 (2)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

NO1さんの考え方で良いと思う。 猫はラインやトラと同じネコ科動物で肉食動物・・・肉食動物でも、死んだ肉を食べるのは、ハイエナや ハゲタカのような腐肉食動物だけ・・・・ 男がDr.(女性)に対してのqualityは、美貌かな・・・Johnの目線 ネコが相手に対して唯一のqualityを言えば・・・・肉食動物の目線 「なるほど、生きてやがる。」

noname#145643
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 なるほど! ガーフィールドは、飼い主がうつつをぬかしている相手を喰をうとしていたわけですね! 

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

息をしている=生きている  「女なら死んでなけりゃ、誰でもいいんだよ」

noname#145643
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• ショートジョークなんだと思うのですが意味が分かりません。

A blonde woman goes into an electronic store. She goes to an elrctronic store to buy a TV. She looks around and she calls over the salesperson. She says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I'd like to buy this TV." But the salesperson says, "I am sorry, but we do not sell to blondes, blonde women." and she is angry and she leaves the store. And the next time she comes back. She is wearing a black wig on her head. and she calls over the salesperson and she says to the sales person, "Excuse me, but I would like to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we do not sell to blondes." and she is angry again and she leaves the store for the third time. Finally, she comes back, this time she is wearing a red wig, dark sunglasses, a totally different dress and she says to the salesperson, "Excuse me, I want to buy this TV." and the salesperson says, "I am sorry,but we don't sell to blondes." and she says, "well, how do you know I am a blonde?" and he says, "well ma'am, you are not looking at a TV, you are looking at a microwave." 「ブロンドの方には売れません。」「どうして私がブロンドだと知っているの?」「あなたが見ているのはTVではありません。電子レンジです。」だと思うのですが、BlondeとMicrowaveのひっかかり7意味が分らないのです。これってジョークなんでしょうか?

• she's buying a stairway to heaven の意味

Led Zeppelin の歌なのですが、 buy を辞書でひくと色々な意味が 出てきますよね。 There's a lady who's sure All that glitters is gold And she's buying a stairway to heaven. この場合のbuyは何という意味で使われているのですか? お願いします。

• JOKEの落ちがわからない

次のJOKEの落ちがわかりません..だれか教えて << Harley Davidson >>  Little John was sitting in the courtyard turning a bottle  of liquid back and forth, watching the bubbles.  The Priest walked up and asked him what he was doing?  Little John replied, "I'm looking at the most powerful  liquid in the world.  " The Priest said, "But John, Holy Water is the most  powerful liquid in the world. Did you know that if you put  Holy Water on a pregnant woman's belly, she will pass a  boy!"  Little John said, "Big deal! If you put this on a cat's  ass, he'll pass a Harley Davidson..."

• 意味が

Japanese girls are more than women, women, women, women, women, women, girls, women, women It is a woman who has entered a woman who has entered a relationship. Want a rich man, even without love.  a lot of the constant conflicts and quarrels.  If you’re a little bit horny This is my opinion! I looked on the internet about Kyoko Hamaguchi. She practices Judo. In the photo she is big and strong. I really like that Japanese girls differ from the Ukrainian, Russian - character, temperament, calm and loyal, Japanese women are more complaisant than Russian, Ukraine women. Japanese woman, entering into a relationship, marriage with a man (of any nationality), is aimed at cooperation, while the Russian woman, mainly considering the relationship as a benefit, particularly financial. We have a lot of women want a rich man, even without love. a lot of the constant conflicts and quarrels. Russian, Ukraine women love to talk a lot of dirt on their second half, regardless of whether it is the husband or just a gentleman. This is my opinion! I looked on the internet about Kyoko Hamaguchi. She practices Judo. In the photo she is big and strong. 長いですが意味が良くわかりません。 経済力を自国の女は欲しがり、何を言うのですか?私は角質?経済力は大事だと思うのですが。うーん。浜口京子さんは、強くて大きいです。

• 英文の質問です。

What are you looking for in a woman? 日本語に訳すとどのような意味になりますか?教えて下さい。

• ビリー・ジォエルの歌詞の意味を教えてください。

ビリー・ジォエルの歌詞の意味を教えてください。 SHE'S ALWAYS A WOMANという歌の中で、 she never gives out And she never gives in She just changes her mind という部分があります。このgive outとgive inはどういう意味でしょうか? 辞書を見ると意味がたくさん出ていて、どれがこの場合一番ぴったりくるのかわかりません。 また、she'll promise you more Than the Garden of Edenはどういうことを言いたいのでしょうか? 訳でなくて、意味を知りたいです。 さらに、she'll bring out the best And the worst you can beもbring outはどういう意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/She%27s-Always-A-Woman-lyrics-Billy-Joel/98F5BA02E8B085A548256870001B6C6D

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a mother of three children, but it's the oldest my husband and I worry about. When "John" went to college, he started drinking a lot. I asked him about it then, and he admitted that he might have a problem, but he did nothing about it. That was 10 years ago. He has had two DWIs since, and he drinks every day. I found out from his girlfriend that he actually gets into the shower with a beer in his hand. I recently noticed that the whites of his eyes are yellow, which I'm told is a sign of liver damage. We've tried talking with John, but he denies he has a problem. My daughter and her friends have gone out socially with John, and she says he is fun to be with, and then suddenly a switch flips and he yells and curses. gone out socially with Johnはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

When I moved into my current home with my husband, "John," and our 7-year-old son three years ago, we invited my mother over to see the new house. We were annoyed but not surprised when she found our spare key and made a copy for herself. Since then, she has seen herself in at any time, without calling in advance. she has seen herself inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 大学受験の勉強で英語を訳しているのですが・・・

この文章の As in a looking glass  の意味がよくわかりません。 She needed physical beauty and attractiveness as well. She commenced to study herself. "As in a looking glass" she saw herself plain and commonplace. 「グラスに映った自分を見てみると」 という意味でしょうか? 文法的に説明していただけるとさらに助かります。英語に詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたらお願いします。

• If God is love, she was a godly wom

If God is love, she was a godly woman. クリントン元大統領の自伝にでてきました。 彼の母親についての文です。 「神が愛ならば、母は敬虔な人だった。」 というのは意味が変だし、何を言っているかわかりません。 特に前半の部分はどのように解釈したらいいでしょうか?