Mysterious Water and Private Agony: A Peculiar Encounter

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A peculiar encounter on a branch over water
  • Ignored by passing boats, a private agony unfolds
  • The physical transformation of Mr Timberlake
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どんな内容か教えてください。

By the time I had got the punt out,there were several yards of water as the branch bent under his weight. Boats were passing at the time but no one seemed to notice us. I was glad about this. This was a private agony. A double chin had appeared on the face of Mr Timberlake and his head was squeezed between his shoulders and his hanging arms.

• gdgdd
  • お礼率9% (7/76)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • gogozenko
  • ベストアンサー率47% (45/94)
回答No.1

僕が小船を引っ張り出した頃には、彼(ティンバーレイクさん)の重みで枝がしなり、水が数ヤードほどになっていた。 その時、ボートが横切ったのだが、誰も僕達には気づかなかった。 僕は(気づかれなくて)良かったと思った。 これは秘密にすべき苦痛だった。 ティンバーレイクさんの顔の二重顎が現れ、肩と釣られた腕の間から頭が押し出された状態だったのだ。

関連するQ&A

• どんな内容か教えてください。

For a full minute I did not believe what I saw; indeed,our religion taught us never to believe what we saw. Unbelieving,I could not move. I gaped. The impossible had happened. Only a miracle, I found myself saying,could save him. What was most striking was the silence of Mr Timberlake as he hung from the tree. I was lost between gazing at him and trying to get the punt out of the small branches of the tree.

• 過去完了

My college-aged son and his male friend, "Randall," were staying with us at our vacation home this summer. This was the first time we had met Randall. we had metのところは過去完了なのはなぜでしょうか?過去形ではいけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どんな内容か教えてください。

We were gliding now quickly towards the arbh;in fact,I was already under it. 'I think I should duck,'I said. 'Just bend down for this one.' 'What makes the trees lean over the water like this?'asked Mr Timberlake. 'Weeping willows──I'll give you a thought there. How Error likes to make us dwell on sorrow. Why not call them laughing willows?' discoursed Mr Timberlake as the branch passed over my head. 'Duck,'I said. 'Where?'I don't see them,'said Mr Timberlake,turning round. 'No,your head,'I said. 'The branch,'I called. 'Oh,the branch.This one?'said Mr Timberlake ,finding a branch just against his chest,and he put out a hand to lift it. It is not easy to lift a willow branch and Mr Timberlake was surprised.

• お願いします。

この英文の和訳をお願いします。H.G.WellsのThe Man Who Could Work Miraclesからです。 He opened his eyes.He was at the inn,arguing about miraclies with Toddy Beamish.He had a feeling of some great thing forgotten,which passed immediately.You see,except for the loss of his powers,everything was back as it had been:his mind and memory were now just as they had been at the time when this story began.So he knew nothing of all that is told here,knows nothing of all that is told here to this day.And among other things,of course,he still did not believe in miracles. お願いします

• 過去完了

We met a family from Switzerland who were living in Barcelona indefinitely. Their son was four and regularly allowed to take his bike and play across the courtyard for hours alone, going in and out of the park, zipping around making friends. This was his normal and I realized in that moment I had always lived in an elevated state of stress and had always been a tense parent. I had always livedのところはなぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どんな内容か教えてください。お願いします。

'How's that you guys?'said Mr Timberlake,looking round at our eddies and drawing in the pole.The delightful water sished down it. 'Fine,'I said. Deferentially I had caught the word.He went on his sleeve,perhaps,and uncertain in his steering,which I corrected,but he was doing well. 'It comes back to me,'hesaid.'How am I doing?' 'Just keep her out from the trees,'I said. 'The trees?'he said. 'The willows,'I said. 'I'll do it now,he said. 'How's that? Now quite enough? Well,how's this?' 'Another one,'I said. 'The current runs strong this side.' 'What? More trees?'he said. He was getting hot. 'We can shoot out past them,'I said. 'I'll ease us over with the paddle.' Mr Timberlake did not like this suggestion.

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• 英文解釈に悩んでいます

"which shoed a sign"以下で解釈に困っています。このwhich はいったい何用法でしょうか? He had a jaundiced view of the gay issue. He had no kith or kin, and noisome odor always came drifting from his armpits beside his cadaverous chest, which showed a sign of his protracted disease. He was a complete neophyte on this matter, but he had this odious habit of judging anything before him. He had given a reprieve of one month, so he was more cheerful and unassuming in his behavior than he had been a couple of months earlier.

• pull up the photo

Today in manufacturing class, I was hanging out with my friend Ian. We were in a larger group of boys and he started bragging about how this girl had sent him a topless photo. He then proceeded to pull up the photo and pass it around. pull up the photoの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

The U-boats scored a number of impressive successes, and were able to drive the Grand Fleet from its base in search of a safe anchorage, but the German Navy was unable to erode the Grand Fleet's advantage as hoped. Also, in the two main surface actions of this period the U-boat was unable to have any effect; the High Seas Fleet was unable to draw the Grand Fleet into a U-boat trap. Whilst warships were travelling at speed and on an erratic zigzag course they were relatively safe, and for the remainder of the war the U-boats were unable to mount a successful attack on a warship travelling in this manner