驚きの議論と忘れられた記憶―H.G.Wellsの小説からの和訳

このQ&Aのポイント
  • H.G.Wellsの小説「The Man Who Could Work Miracles」からの要約文です。
  • 男性が驚きの議論をする中、何か大切なことを忘れてしまいます。彼はこれまでの物語の出来事を知らず、奇跡を信じていません。
  • 彼の力を失ったこと以外は、全てが元通りに戻っていました。彼の意識と記憶は物語が始まった時のままであり、今もこの物語の出来事を知りません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

お願いします。

この英文の和訳をお願いします。H.G.WellsのThe Man Who Could Work Miraclesからです。 He opened his eyes.He was at the inn,arguing about miraclies with Toddy Beamish.He had a feeling of some great thing forgotten,which passed immediately.You see,except for the loss of his powers,everything was back as it had been:his mind and memory were now just as they had been at the time when this story began.So he knew nothing of all that is told here,knows nothing of all that is told here to this day.And among other things,of course,he still did not believe in miracles. お願いします

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> He opened his eyes.  目を開けた。 > He was at the inn, arguing about miracles with Toddy Beamish.  場所は宿屋で、トッディ・ビーミッシュと奇跡について論じていた。 > He had a feeling of some great thing forgotten, which passed immediately.  何か大事なことを忘れているような気がしたが、それもすぐに忘れた。 > You see, except for the loss of his powers, everything was back as it had been: his mind and memory were now just as they had been at the time when this story began.  力を失ったことを除けば、すべてが元のままだった。考えてることも記憶も、この物語が始まった時のままだった。 > So he knew nothing of all that is told here, knows nothing of all that is told here to this day.  だからここで語られたこと、今日までにここで語られたことを何も知らない。 > And among other things, of course, he still did not believe in miracles.  そうして、もちろん何よりも、奇跡というものをやっぱり信じていなかった。

unpidero
質問者

お礼

丁寧にありがとうございます。助かりました

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 1.He said to me , "I have not heard anything about this news." =He told me that he had not heard anything acout that news. 2.He said to me ,"I fell asleep during the lesson today."="He told me that he had fallen asleep during the lesson that day. 3.Arnold Schwarzenegger told a Toronto newspaper that his Catholic faith does not impact his decisions as governor of California.

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m2

After the regular season was over, Roberto returned to Puerto Rico as the greatest sports hero in all of Latin America. He was not only a great player on the field, but also an even Greater person off the field. He won fame and money through baseball, but never forgot that most people in Latin America were poor. He always told his family that he had a duty to help those who had not been as lucky as he had been. During the off-season that year, Roberto volunteered to manage a baseball team of young Puerto Ricans. While he and his team were staying in Managua, Nicaragua, Roberto heard about a fourteen-year-old boy named Julio. He had lost both his legs in an accident, but had no money for artificial legs. Roberto arranged to get them for Julio. Roberto went to see him and told him that he would be able to walk again. It was usual for Roberto to give a helping hand to people like Julio.

• よくわからない文法があります!

"But it was when she said what she did that it occurred to me, as I lay there, that this whole notion of his deliberately not trying was one that had been doing the rounds from as far back as the Juniors." ...was one that had been doing the rounds from as far back as the Juniors. の意味がよくわかりませんm(_ _)m

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There he was on the ground,in no condition to go on, and all of a sudden he was no longer in Poland.instead,he found himself imaging himself standing on a stage on postwar Vienna giving a lecture on The Psychology of Death Camps. Audience of two hundred listened to his every word. The lecture was one that he had been working out the whole time he had been in the death camp. He spoke about how some people seem to survive the experience better than others, psychologically and emotionally. It was a brilliant lecture, all taking place in his mind's eye and ear. He was no longer half dead on the field but living in the lecture. During the lecture, Frankl told the imaginary audience about the day he was in that field being beaten and was certain he didn't have the strength to get up and keep walking.    Then, wonder of wonders, he told his imagined audience, he was able to stand up. The guard stopped beating him and get began to walk slowly. As he was imagining describing this to his audience, his body got up and began to walk. He continued to imagine this lecture all the while he was doing the work and through the cold march back to the death comp. He collapsed into his narrow bed, imagining ending this brilliantly clear speech and receiving a standing ovation.

• lost his way

I thought my husband and I had a great marriage -- until I looked on his phone and found text messages to another woman. I was crushed. I asked him about it, and he said that it was nothing and that there were only a few messages. When I checked our cellphone details, I was completely devastated to find that it had been going on for almost a year and there were almost 2,000 text messages during the past six months. When I talked to him about this and all the lies he had told me, he said he had lost his way and he was sorry and didn't want to lose me. lost his wayはここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 18-4日本語訳

お願いします。 He told his people that he wanted them to live in a way that would lead to an“increase of their inner worthiness.”Ashoka also promoted the teachings of the Buddha and sent missionaries,including his son and his daughter,to lands as dar away as Sri Lanka so that his people would not make the same mistakes he had.As he said,“All men are my children.As for my own children,I desire that they may be provided with all the welfare and happiness of this world and of the next,so do I desire for all men as well.”  As part of his reforms,Ashoka banned the sacrifice of animals.This confused and angered many of his people,especially the Brahmins who made their living by performing animal sacrifices.The Brahmins were powerful enemies,break away from the Mauryan Empire after Ashoka's death.The last Mauryan ruler was assassinated in 185 BCE by one of his generals-who was,not so coincidentalky,a Brahmin.Although other kings would follow,no ruler would be strong enough to unite the many different people of the subcontinent into a single political state for 1,600 years.

• こちらも書き換えお願いします

次の英文を( )に当てはまるように書き換えてください お願いします こちらも至急です [1] He insists that they are innocent. → He insists ( )( ) being innocent. [2] He repents that he was idle in his youth. → He repents ( )( ) been idle in his youth. [3] He is ashamed that she ( ) her promise. → He is ashamed ( ) having broken her promise. [4] He was afraid that someone might oppose his plan. → He was afraid of ( )( ) his plan. [5] There was no doubt that he had heard the news. → There was no doubt of ( )( )( ) the news. [6] This bridge is not strong. The truck cannot cross it. → This bridge is not ( )( )( )( )( ) to cross. [7] They are discussing what they should do next. → They are discussing ( )( )( ) next. 基本的な問題ばかりですみません・・・

• 英文和訳 大学入試

he was worried because all of his life he had believed in communication through letters and books, conversation and teaching, and now his world had become divided on issues such as religion governance and even scholarship - so divided that any discourse seemed impossible. 構文が取れず訳すことができません。all of his life の部分にあたるvは何でしょうか

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (13) By 50 BCE, the Triumvirate had ended. Crassus had been killed in battle, and Pompey had become very jealous of Caesar's military success and his great popularity. Pompey had married Caesar's daughter, Julia, but when she died in childbirth, the bond between the two men was broken. Before Caesar returned from Gaul, Pompey sided wit the Senate to declare his former father-in-law an enemy of the State. The Senate demanded that Caesar give up his army and return to Rome. Knowing that he would be arrested if he obeyed, he refused. But now his life and career were at stake. Did he dare go back to Italy at all? (14) In January of 49 BCE, Caesar's forces were camped just north of the Rubicon, the river that marked the boundary between Gaul and Ital. As soon as Caesar heard the Senate's ruling, he slipped away from the camp with a few trusted men. It was night, and everyone else was feasting. No one noticed that he was missing. When he reached the banks of the Rubicon, he paused, thinking about his next step. After a moment, he declared, “The die is cast” and crossed the river. This was his way of saying that his mind was made up and wouldn't be changed. Now he was ready to meet his former ally, the great general Pompey, in battle. (15) Caesar was never one to stand around, waiting for someone else to do something. Decisive as always, he began his march right away. He set out in the dead of winter with a single legion of soldiers. He knew that by marching on Rome he would start a civil war. What he didn't know─and couldn't have known─was that this war would last for nearly two decades and destroy the Republic.

• 翻訳(和訳)をお願いします。

While Smith had the musician impressed, he revealed that his mind was somewhere else at the time. “My concern was that I was going to get killed,” the King Richard star admitted. “That was my concern when I was trying to spit my game, but I ain’t really have nothing.” "I was always faked like I had game. I didn’t really have game,” he added. “I was always in this full-on, trying to give the wildest flavor of having game, but that might have been the most terrified I had ever been trying to shoot my shot with Pepa. And I didn’t believe I had a real shot.” 翻訳サイトを使っても意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。