• ベストアンサー

どんな内容か教えてください。

For a full minute I did not believe what I saw; indeed,our religion taught us never to believe what we saw. Unbelieving,I could not move. I gaped. The impossible had happened. Only a miracle, I found myself saying,could save him. What was most striking was the silence of Mr Timberlake as he hung from the tree. I was lost between gazing at him and trying to get the punt out of the small branches of the tree.

• gdgdd
  • お礼率9% (7/76)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#156442
noname#156442
回答No.1

まる1分間、私は、何を見たかを信じていませんでした。 本当に、私たちの宗教は私たちが、何を見るかを決して信じていないことを教えました。 不信心であることで、私は移ることができませんでした。 私は大口を開けました。 不可能は起こりました。 私は、自分で言うのが奇跡だけが彼を救うことができるのがわかりました。 彼が木から掛かったとき、最も衝撃的であったことはティンバーレークさんの沈黙でした。 彼を見つめて、パントを得ようとするとき、私は木の小枝から迷子になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

まる一分間、私は我が目を疑った、私の宗教は、自分の目を信じないように教えてきた。  半信半疑で、私は動けなかった。私は息をのんだ。  あり得ないことが起こったのである。  「奇蹟だけが、彼を救える」と私は言っていた。  もっとも驚いたのは木にぶら下がったティンバーレイクさんが何も言わなかったことだ。 私は呆然と彼を見つめたり、木の枝から小さなパント(平底小舟)を引っ張り出すので一生懸命だった。  

関連するQ&A

• 何が書かれているのか訳を教えてくれませんか?

A stone bridge,whose two arches were like an owlish pair of eyes gazing up the reach,was close to the landing-satge. I thought what a pity it was the flannelled men and the sunburned girls there did not know I was getting a ticket for the Mr Timberlake who had been speaking in the town that very morning. I looked round for him and when I saw him I was startled.

• どんな内容か教えてください。

'No,don't do that.I can manage it,he said. I did not want to offend one of the leaders of our church,so I put the paddle down;but I felt I ought to have taken him farther along away from the irritation of the trees. 'Of course,'I said,'we could go under them.It might be nice.' 'I think,'said Mr Timberlake,'that would be a very good idea.' He lunged hard on the pole and took us towards the next archway of willow branches. 'Me may have to duck a bit,that's all,'I said. 'Oh,I can push the branches up,'said Mr Timberlake. 'It is better to duck,'I said.

• どんな内容か教えてください。

We were gliding now quickly towards the arbh;in fact,I was already under it. 'I think I should duck,'I said. 'Just bend down for this one.' 'What makes the trees lean over the water like this?'asked Mr Timberlake. 'Weeping willows──I'll give you a thought there. How Error likes to make us dwell on sorrow. Why not call them laughing willows?' discoursed Mr Timberlake as the branch passed over my head. 'Duck,'I said. 'Where?'I don't see them,'said Mr Timberlake,turning round. 'No,your head,'I said. 'The branch,'I called. 'Oh,the branch.This one?'said Mr Timberlake ,finding a branch just against his chest,and he put out a hand to lift it. It is not easy to lift a willow branch and Mr Timberlake was surprised.

• 至急訳していただけますか?

Mr Timberlake,I saw to my disappointment,was out to show he understood the young.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.

• stupid of you to  のあとは動詞が続く?

英単語を学習する教材のDUO2.0のなかにこういうセンテンスがありました。 (1)It was stupid of you to believing him. 彼を信じたあなたがどうかしてたのよ stupid of you to のあとのbelievingはなぜ動名詞になっているのかがわかりません。 では、 (1) It was stupid of you to believing him. (2) It was stupid of you to believe him. (3) It is stupid of you to believing him. (4) It is stupid of you to believe him. 4つのセンテンスそれぞれのニュアンスの違いや文法的間違いを比較して説明していただけませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 雑誌の記事です。ビン・ラディン氏

皆さんこんにちは!So not以下の日本語訳を教えて下さい。 The purpose of al-Qaeda was to take jihad to other parts of the globe and eventually to the U.S., the nation he believed was leading a Western conspiracy to destroy true Islam. In the 1990s bin Laden would often describe America as the head of the snake. His best friend told me bin Laden was driven not only by a desire to implement what he saw as God's will but also by a fear of divine punishment if he failed to do so. So not defending Islam from what he came to believe was its most important enemy would be disobeying God, something he would never do. 原文では、So notのnotだけが斜体で書かれています。 what he came to believeはa Western conspiracyのことだと思いますが、西側諸国の陰謀からイスラムを守らないことは・・・? So 主語 was not defending・・・を倒置して So not defending・・・was 主語になっているのか? これ以上分からなくてお手上げです。 自信をもって回答できる方教えて下さい。宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳を願いたいです

It was during our second year on the Kalahari that I first met Bones. One afternoon, across the open plain, I happened to see him. He was standing over the body of an African deer that seemed to have been killed months before. He was trying to eat the old, hard skin of the dead animal. He probably had not eaten for a long time. I could clearly see his ribs under his loose, hanging skin. As my truck slowly approached, he started to walk away. Every few steps he fell to the ground and then struggled to get on his feet again. Finally, he fell hard to the ground and didn’t get up. He didn’t move at all. It was clear that he was dying. Now I was faced with a dilemma. I debated whether I should try to save his life or not. I said to myself that I was on the Kalahari to study the animals, not to interfere with them in any way. But I also felt I might later regret not having tried to help him. After thinking it over for a while, I finally decided to save him if I could. (1)What was the lion trying to eat when Mark first saw him? (2)Why didn’t Mark try to help Bones at first? (3)Did Mark finally decide to help Bones? 和訳と(1)(2)(3)の問題に英語で答えてもらえるとうれしいです。

• Couldの意味を教えてください

実際、アメリカで使われているCouldは、僕の思っていたのもと ずいぶん違いました。 "I was able to walk when I was 5years old."や "I was able to win him last week."を やはり、couldを使って言えないのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 英語のメール、、、

スイマセン、ペンパルからメールを貰ったんですが、ちょっと意味のわからない事かいてあるんです・・・なぜ自分は日本の女性に興味があるのかという理由を書いてくれたのですが、意味がわかりません。わかる方お願いします。 She was so Beautiful that I did not want to shut my eyes until the scene was over. After the movie I went to sleep. Suddenly I saw the same girl in my dream. Except she was in a white dress and jade rose petals fell this time. (I wish I finished that dream) Suddenly I woke up. I was late for shcool. TO make it worse it was raining the next day. As I got to school I noticed that many people were wearing rain coats. But the strange part was this: Every one had a hoody and umbrella. As they took them down I noticed that almost all of them were"JAPANESE"! I had been in that school for almost a year and I had never noticed I had Japanese fellow students. It was so surprising that I could not close my mouth! I wanted to talk to them but I did not know what to say. I could not speak. I did not want to sound stupid. But now that I have met you I know exactly what to say. It was something I could never say because I was so much in love with the beauty they have, that I was stunned. SO Now I have met you I will say what I could not say then........."HELLO"!