• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:ニューズウィーク解読に挑戦しています。)

ニューズウィーク解読に挑戦

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Barack Obamaの候補者への提案に関して、彼が得たものは明確でした: 彼の一時的な競争相手に選択の役割を提供することによって、「トーンを変える」という公約を強化する機会、および彼女の指名がもたらす信憑性、重要性、そして性別のバランス。
  • この文は解読できません。
  • ニューズウィーク解読に挑戦しています。どなたかご教授いただけないでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

「オバマがヒラリーにポストを与えたことで得たものはなにか。それは、かつての競争相手に最高のポストを与えることによって、彼の言う「チェンジ」(change the tone of our politicsというのはオバマが2010年一般教書演説で用いた表現なので、この場合特に政治における変革のこと)を印象づけられたこと、また、彼女がその役職(国務長官)に就くことが与える安心感や(男女比という意味での)真摯さである。」 When Barack Obama approached her about assuming the post, 従属節:バラク・オバマがポストを用意して彼女(ヒラリー)に接近したとき it was clear what he got out of the deal. 主節 :彼がその交渉で何を得たかは明白である。 コロン以下で得たもの(what he got out of the deal)を具体的に名詞で羅列。 1.an opportunity to reinforce his "change the tone"  "change the tone"を強化・補強する機会  by offering ~を提供することによって。 2.the credibility,gravitas - and gender balance- her appointment conferred.  「彼女の役職」を彼女が役職についたこと、と考えるとわかりやすいです。彼女が役職に就いたということが与えるthe credibilityやgravitas。

beadyeyelover
質問者

お礼

大変素晴らしい回答ありがとうございます。 机上での学習に最高のパートナーである回答者様のご協力を得て、将来の翻訳士を目指し精進してまいります。

beadyeyelover
質問者

補足

素晴らしい回答をありがとうございます。 by offering choice roleの箇所なのですが choiceは形容詞の意味で、精選したという意味になるのでしょうか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

バラック・オバマが、このポストについてくれるよう彼女に要請した時、この取引によって何を得たかは明らかである、すなわち、かつての競争相手に(国務長官の)重要なポストを与えることによって「トーンを変える」という公約を強める機会を獲得し、また彼女の就任(米議会による)承認で(彼の)重要性、信憑性、ーー(おまけに)(閣僚の)男性女性のバランスーーを得たのである。

beadyeyelover
質問者

お礼

すばやい回答ありがとうございました。 大変参考にいなりました。 またよろしくおねがいします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 解読お願いします。

読解力が足らないせいか、以下のメールがよく理解できません。 Can I ask you to go out with me at least once a week? Where? I'm a girl so please let me choose, OK? But I want you to come with me. I know you will enjoy Dr. Tanaka. Don't worry we don't do anything tiring, just lie down on a couch and listen to his beautiful stories. I truely believe you can use his entertainment, because I know you. このメールの Can I ask you to go out with me at least once a week? Where? I'm a girl so please let me choose, OK? But I want you to come with me. I know you will enjoy Dr. Tanaka. Don't worry we don't do anything tiring, までの部分は以下のような意味と思います。 I'd like you to take me out to my favorite place at least once a week. We're gonna have a fun with Dr. Tanaka. ☆誘っておいて But I want you to come with me. は何か別の意味があるのでしょうか。 しかし、以下は解読できません。 just lie down on a couch and listen to his beautiful stories. I truely believe you can use his entertainment, because I know you. ☆lie down on a couchって..... どういう意味なのでしょうか。 「2人でカウチに横になって田中先生の美しいお話を聞きましょう」 でしょうか。 "enjoy Dr. Tanaka." と言うのも引っかかります。 ☆you can use his entertainment, は、どういう意味なのでしょうか。 "entertainment set"の事で、音楽や映画を観ると言う意味でしょうか? ご教示ください。

• her enemies

She never forgives her enemies and will go to extremes to get back at them. 彼女は敵を絶対に許さず、恨みを晴らすためならどんなことでもやりかねない。 こういう文があって、私が疑問に思う部分は、her enemiesという部分で、どうしてわざわざherをつけるのかということです。今は、すぐに思い出せないのですが、例えばbiting his nailなら 彼の指の爪なので彼のものというか、体の一部なのでhisがつくのは おかしくないですが敵は、ものでもなんでもないのにherがつくということが、疑問です。  また、will go to extremesのextremesの単語の意味はわかりますが この文の場合は、どういうふうに訳せばいいかわかりません。 アドバイスをお願いします。

• 倒置?

Only when his wife entered his life and imposed her will upon him did he decide to rebel. がどういう構造をしているのかわかりません。。 おそらく、倒置だと思うのですが…

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I went to visit our oldest son and his wife. They have three children, ages 6, 9 and 11. The youngest girl screams at the top of her lungs when she does not get her way. She also hits her mother when her mother tries to correct her. The oldest child baits the others to stir up trouble. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• her(と人名):英語

Honest Abbie reacts to Dishonest John’s orders and reveals her preferred volume and price points. 上記英文でAbbieもJohnも共に男子の呼び名です。ですが,後半にherが出てくるのは何故でしょうか?hisではないでしょうか? ご指導宜しくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) Augustus was a hard-working emperor. He traveled to many of the provinces under his care, but he was sickly and didn't expect to live very long. After his military campaign in Spain, Augustus returned to Rome and, in 23 BCE, became quite illand began thinking about a successor to follow him as Rome's ruler. His first choice had been his nephew Marcellus, but Marcellus had died young─not long after he had married Julia, the emperor's only daughter. (22) Julia played the key role in her father's search for a successor. After Marcellus died, she had to marry again, to a man of her father's choice. For her next husband, Augustus chose his general Agrippa, his closet friend and advisor. Although Julia was much younger than Agrippa, she dutifully married him, and the couple had five children. Then Agrippa died. (23) Although Augustus adopted his young grandsons as his heirs, he still needed a husband for Julia to protect the boys in the event of his own death. So he forced his stepson Tiberius to divorce his wife, even though Tiberius loved her very deeply. (He used to follow his former wife on the streets, weeping.) The marriage between Julia and Tiberius was a disaster: Julia was unfaithful, and Tiberius went into exile on the Greek island of Rhodes. Augustus was forced to banish his own daughter from Rome for her crime of adultery. (24) Julia must have spilled many tears over her father's marriage choices for her─especially the last one. She hated Tiberius, and he felt the same way about her. Even so, she would never have questioned her father's right to select her husbands. This was a parent's duty, especially if dad happened to rule the Roman Empire.

• 高校英語 短文3題お願いします!

(    )内より間違いのある箇所を指摘して頂き、正しい形に訂正して頂いて   訳して頂きたいです! she became (exhausting) and had to ( be pulled ) out of the water by a group of her friends. After (taking) to( his )accountant , Mr. Tajima regretted ( to spend ) so ( much ) money on his new house. You ( should post ) this letter ( weeks ago ) if you wanted her (to receive it) and answer you (much sooner).

• Japan timesの翻訳

Japan timesの記事を読んで英語力を向上させようと日々読んでいるのですが、翻訳=解答がないため自分がどれほどの精度であっているのか不安です。 精度の向上のため皆さんのお力添えをよろしくお願い申し上げます。 Clearly Caroline Kennedy, an important early supporter of President Barack Obama, is in the third category. Her backing for Obama in the Democratic Party primaries in 2008, when he was still a relatively unknown senator from Illinois, gave his campaign credibility among party insiders who remain loyal to her family’s legacy. Kennedy’s address to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee during her confirmation hearing elicited bipartisan support — a rare occurrence nowadays, given America’s highly polarized national politics — and she received unanimous approval. Although she lacks formal political or diplomatic experience, her personal connections, particularly to Obama, will have great significance for U.S.-Japan relations. And there are pressing issues that need the new ambassador’s attention. For example, there are security questions related to strengthening the alliance between Japan and the U.S., including the relocation of the Futenma Air Station, the base of operations for the U.S. Marine Corps on Okinawa. There are also issues related to economic cooperation, such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), the proposed mega-regional free-trade treaty covering Pacific Rim economies. こちらの記事になります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳、できれば文法的説明もお願いします

She looked up as she heard his footsteps, and the gracious smile which her lips put on, was an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her. But he resisted the blandishment, and lifting his hat as he passed, with a smile in return, he soon disappeared from her presence, and joined the two who awaited him. 上の文の和訳をお願いします。 the gracious smile which her lips put on (彼女の唇がおいた優しい笑顔・・・?) an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her 等々よくわからないのです。

• どう訳せばいいでしょうか。

以下の英文はどう訳せばいいでしょうか。 His words and attitudes owe something to his admiration for her. 特にsomething をどう訳せばいいのか、またどうしてこの単語が目的語の位置に出てくるのかよく分かりません。解説してくださると助かります。