The Tower 200: A Surprisingly Effective Exercise Product with TV-Quality

このQ&Aのポイント
  • With my 40th birthday on the way, I wanted to start exercising again. I was a bit skeptical at first, but when I tried the Tower 200, I thought, 'holy smokes, who would have thought this thing I got on TV, that looked like a toy, could give you such a pump.'
  • The phrase 'this thing I got on TV' refers to the Tower 200 exercise product that the person purchased through a TV infomercial.
  • The expression 'such a pump' means that the exercise product provided an impressive and noticeable increase in muscle size and strength.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

筋トレ製品の英文です

With my 40th birthday on the way I wanted to start exercising again. I was a bit skeptical at first. But when I tried the Tower 200 I thought holy smokes who would have thought this thing I got on tv that looked like a toy could give you such a pump. の、But when I tried the Tower 200以下の文について 何となく「半信半疑だったけど、実際試したらおもちゃみたいなのにスゴイ製品で驚いた」 って感じの意味だろうとは思うのですが、細かいところの意味がわかりません。 this thing I got on tv・・TV通販で買ったという意味でしょうか? a toy could give you such a pump.・・youが唐突に出てきた気がしますが、、?? また、such a pump の意味がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

But when I tried the Tower 200 でもタワー200を試してみて、 I thought holy smokes こりゃすごいと思った。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/holy+smokes/UTF-8/?ref=sa who would have thought 誰が思っただろうか? this thing I got on tv that looked like a toy 俺がテレビで買った、おもちゃみたいなこいつが could give you such a pump. これほどのポンプ効果があるなんて。 ここでのyouは、「あなた」ではなくて、一般的に「人」を総称して言うときのyouです pumpは、ボディビルの世界では、トレーニングで大きな負荷をかけたときに筋肉に血液が送り込まれてパンパンになること、あるいはそのような感覚を言うらしいです。 http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pump

naochansan
質問者

お礼

詳しくありがとうございました、良くわかりました。 pumpは初めて知りました。専門用語は難しいですね;

関連するQ&A

• (長文)英文の翻訳をお願いします

glad you received, and sorry for not sending, i tried to be fast and when i did, i got sloppy and forgot that one. question one fight you asked about one time i said i didnt have after you order and then had to replace was (商品名)? because i have a copy now i just received.....i will give you free on a future order one day if you remind me. i know i have already gave you replacement for it, but out of courtesy i will give for free next time. i will also send you update if you would like.

• 助動詞の使えるバリエーション

問題 適当な助動詞を入れなさい。 ①How ( ) you say such a thing to me?  考え方→「どうやってそんなことを私にいえるんだ!」とか「よくもそんなことをいうな」ですよね、 だったら、could,would, dare があると思います。解答はdareだけですが、couldもwouldも使えると思っています。合ってますか? How would I do such a thing to me?「なんで僕が君にそんなことするんだ?」って聞いた事ある気がするのですがwould って使わないんですか? 

• この英文あってますか?

This book is one of the favorite books of me. This book moved me deeply. It is because the family ties is being written very well. well, I love my family. I thought it is only one thing to be important. I regarded it as really important.  Therefore, I thought that the family was a treasure. This book was the book which reminded me of such a thing. From now on I want to keep this feeling in mind. 間違ってるところとか付け足したほうが良いところとか教えてください。お願いします

• ラプンツェルに出てくる台詞どう解釈しますか?

ディズニーのラプンツェルで最後の方男役のユージーン(フリン)が Did I ever tell you I've got a thing for brunettes?と言っている場面があるのですが、 この台詞どうやってブルネットが好きなんだと言う風に訳すことが出来るのでしょうか? get a thing forってイディオムでありますか?ユーチューブなどでも I got a thing for youとかありますが、 get a thing for~で~が好きという意味になるのですか? どういう風なかんじなんでしょう?どのように考えて解釈して好きという意味になるのでしょうか? 成り立ち?など教えて頂けないでしょうか? またどういう時どのような場面で良く使うのでしょう?恋愛で良く出てくる言葉ですか? お願いします。

• allow の後

I don't allow you to do such a thing. I don't alllow doing such a thing. という例文がありました。どうしてこのようにallow to do にはならないのでしょうか?同じ意味なら不定詞を続けたほうがいいと思うのですが。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

英文の翻訳をお願いします。 ebayで落札された商品の支払いに関しての相手からの返答ですが、意味がよくわかりません、翻訳をお願いします。 Payment's going to make its way to you on the 28th -- I apologize, I didn't anticipate such a delay, but PayPal's given me some unforeseen trouble that I've got to sort of wait out. Thanks a lot.

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

There is such a thing as being so dedicated to fairness, as an elemental law, so rigidly a part of your being, that when you encounter someone who doesn't give it that much stock you are unfair to them. *この英文の構造と意味がわかりません。 *as an elemental law→基本的な法律ですか? * so rigidly a part of your being, that when you encounter someone who doesn't give it that much stock you are unfair to them. →thatが二つ出てくるのですが、文法的にどのようになっているのでしょうか? →itはa thing as being so dedicated to fairnessのことですか? お手数ですが教えてください。

• この英文あってる???

Come and help me!I've got a cold and I've lost my sense of taste.BTW Is it true that you recover from colds when you give them to someone else?:D

• 英文の意味を教えては下さいませんでしょうか?

こんにちは。お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 洋書を読んでいたら、女の子が食べられそうになった恐竜の赤ちゃんを大きな恐竜から 守った後に、それを見ていた仲間から ‟You were silly,”he said.‟ It could have got you.” と言われるシーンが有りました。 この、.‟ It could have got you.”の意味がいまいちよく分りません。 用法は、仮定法過去完了なのでしょうか? 意味がよく取れないのです。 どなたか、お力を貸しては下さいませんでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 前置詞について

You might as well throw the money away as spend it on such a thing. これのspend it on such a thing についてなんですが spend such a thing にしてはだめなんでしょうか? わざわざ代名詞「it」を置いてon such a thingを後置する意味がわからないです それともう一つ質問なんですが You can't be too careful in your choice of friends. in your choice of friends.の部分について なぜここで前置詞「in」が入るとわかるんでしょうか? もしこれがcarefulの後には「in」が来ると決まっていることなら こういう後に来る前置詞などは皆さんどのように覚えているのでしょうか すべて暗記しているのでしょうか? 質問が多くて申し訳ないです よろしくお願いいたします!