• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

down on the ground

If you have any further traffic information for us down on the ground, we're waiting for your call at 555-2556. 上記の文のdown on the groundはどう訳せばよいか、どなたかご教授頂ければ幸甚です。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数4
  • 閲覧数133
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.4
noname#175206
noname#175206

あー、原文見つけたです。#1です。 stepeiken.org/download/sites/default/files/2009-3-1ji-1kyu-script.pdf ですね? It's almost five here on KGVV and we're coming up to peak drive time.I'm Carl Mackay, and here's your traffic outlook. Things are looking bleak on I-5 towards Richmond tonight. Heavy snow is predicted throughout the evening and a blizzard warning's been issued for the early hours of the morning. The severe road conditions are expected to cause heavy congestion, so drivers are advised to avoid the area if possible. Overnight plowing should make driving a little easier for the morning rush hour, but bumper-to-bumper traffic is expected due to ongoing construction work on the Richmond exit ramp. Drivers heading downtown are warned that traffic is unlikely to clear before 9:30, and no alternative route is being advised. If you have any further traffic information for us down on the ground, we're waiting for your call at 555-2556.  ふう、prfはコピペできないから嫌いだ(^^;。  ということで、どうやらヘリからのレポートらしく、地上待機のスタッフ=us down on the ground に交通情報を電話して欲しいということのようです。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございました。原文まで検索、記入頂き恐縮です。

その他の回答 (3)

• 回答No.3
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15158/32508)

多分ヘリからの、交通ニュースの一部でしょう。  「これ以後、地上からの情報があれば、555-2556にどうぞ」

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

有難う御座いました。

• 回答No.2
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3499/7230)

確かな確証があるというわけではなくて、ひょっとしたら、という程度の考えです。 この文を見た時に、down the street みたいな表現だな、と思いました。その通りをずっと行く、という意味でしょう。 また、on the ground には、「現場」 とか 「現地」 という意味合いがあることを考え合わせると、これらを混合させたのではあるまいか、と思いました。 ですから、「あなたのいる場所の道路状況に関する情報をお持ちでしたら、555-2526にお電話願います」 みたいな感じなのではないでしょうか (「いる場所」 というのは、クルマで通りかかっている場所、渋滞に巻き込まれていればその場所、といった意味合いでは?)。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございました。大変参考になりました。

• 回答No.1
noname#175206
noname#175206

頼みごとをしているようですので、"for us down on the ground"=「地にひれ伏している我々のために/とって」という大げさな冗談っぽい表現を使ってあるのでしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 位置を表す up と down について

DSの「もっとえいご漬け」をやっていたら、次のような文章がでてきました。この文中の up と down が文法的にわかりません>< We'll be waiting for you down the hall. 「下のホールで待ってるわね」 You can see the whole ciy from up here. 「ここから、街全体が見渡せるじゃない」 この up と down の品詞は何ですか? それから、どの言葉にかかっていますか? 前置詞だと down が the hall にかかっていて「ホールの下のほう」、up が here にかかっていて「ここの上」の方ということになってしまいますよね>< 訳をみると、the hall=down(下のほうにある)で、here=up(ビルの上の方)という感じに見えるのですが、ということは、副詞か形容詞ですか? どうぞ文法的な解説をお願いいたしますm(_ _)m

• すいませんが、翻訳お願いします。

すいませんが、翻訳お願いします。 thank you for your cooperation and we have submitted them to our Product Department. We will keep you informed as soon as we have any news, all right? Please allow us some time handling this for you, okay? Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Any further questions or needs, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help you.

• すみませんが翻訳をお願いします。

すみませんが翻訳をお願いします。 1.I am very sorry for the previous wrong email. We are very sorry for any inconveinence caused to you .We have contacted the product department of our company,and there is still no replay right now. We have hastened our collegues already.When we get an answer, We will reply to you as soon as possible.Sorry again for the trouble .Any further questions,please feel free to contact us. 2.As for your question that the item sells at the price of $500 on our website but you have only paid $300 for it, the reason is that different item has different price. And the price of the item has been adjusted later. Hope the information can help you. If there is anything else we can do for you, just feel free to contact us. Have a nice day! 1と2の英文を訳してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 意味を教えて下さい(cut down)

ネット通販のカテゴリーで質問しましたが、回答をいただけなかったのでこちらでも質問させていただきます。 カナダから購入した商品の返品について、ショップ側から税関報告書に商品の返品のため$0.00 valueと記入して下さいと言われました。 郵便局で聞いてみたところ、カナダの税関はとても厳しいので$0と記入すると荷物が戻ってきてしまうため、中の荷物の正確な価値の価格を記入して下さいと言われました。(たとえ書類を送る場合でも紙の値段、例えば$1を記入する。) そこでその内容をショップに伝え、本来良くはないと思いますが、中身の値段を例えば$5や$10で記入していいか(実際は$99.99)、それがだめならどうしたらいいか?と問い合わせをしました。 以下の内容で返事が返ってきました。 We have things returned to us all the time and have never had a problem. The $0.00 value is for Canadian customs not to charge us any duties as we have already purchsed the item here in Canada. You can put down $5.00 product return. このYou can put down $5.00 product return.は何を指しているのでしょうか? 私が$5と書いていい?と聞いたための返事でしょうか? またこの場合の返金額が$5にならないか心配です。 その後、そのことについて再度、問い合わせをしました。 私の書き方が悪かったのかもしれませんが、その質問の返事です。 Just put $0.00 dollar value product return and we should be ok すみません、よく分かりませんでした。 お力をお貸し下さい。

• facebookへの問い合わせの返信が英語・その2

先日facebookへ身に覚えのないカード利用明細が上がってきたので詳細を明記しfacebookへ取り消してもらえるよう送りましたところ、下記のようにまた全文英語で返事が来ました。 何度も申し訳ありませんが、なんと訳したらいいのでしょうか? ネット上の翻訳サイトを使ってもおかしな日本語訳しか出来なくて意味が分かりません。 英語力のある方、再びお力を貸していただけませんでしょうか? Thank you for sending that information. We have determined that this does appear to be a case of fraud, and have issued refunds for all of the charges to your card. We take fraud protection seriously. We require address and zip code matches (US cards only), as well as the CSC/CVV2 code on the back of the card before we will charge the card. Since we received these matches for your card, your account is likely to have been compromised. We encourage you to contact your credit card company immediately to prevent any further unapproved activity on your card. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Thanks,

• youtube

youtubeで新規登録をしようと思ってアカウントをクリックし、全ての項目を入力して次の画面に行ったら『Sorry. Based on the information you have submitted to us, you are ineligible to register for YouTube.com.』と出てしまいました。 なのでもう一度登録し直そうと思ってアカウントをクリックしたのですが、何度やっても『Sorry. Based on the information you have submitted to us, you are ineligible to register for YouTube.com.』と出てしまいます。 登録し直すやり方がどうもわからないので、わかる方いらっしゃいましたらよろしくお願い致します。

• 毎度お世話になります。

毎度お世話になります。 翻訳お願いします。 Thanks for your email. Thanks for your cooperation and information.As we checked,we have not received your package.We have conatact our logistic department to track this package.Could you please wait for another several days so that we can confirm what's the problem with the item?We will contact you as soon as we confirm the problem.Your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated by us.If you have any other question or needs,please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!

• 毎度お世話になります。

毎度お世話になります。 翻訳お願いします。 Thank you for your cooperation. We feel really sorry to hear about this problem.Now you can ask for a RMA and send back the item to us.And we will repair the item for you. If we can not repair it for you,we will resend you a new one.Your understanding and patuence will be hughly appreciated.Any further questions please feel free to contact us .Thank you for your time .Have a nice time.

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳お願いします。 Sorry to disturb you. We are writing to inform you that we have received the item you returned. And we have also asked the professionals to recommend an item for you, to fix the problem, would you please just search on our website and choose any item that you like. Once you decided, please contact us about the SKU number of the item, we will arrange the shipment for you as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance. If there is anything else we can do for you, just feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!

• 日本和訳お願いします。

繰り返す前まででも構いません。わかる方、和訳お願いいたします。 I don't care what nobody says, we're gonna have a baby Taking off in a Coupe de Ville, she's buckled up on navy She don't care what her momma says, no, she's gonna have my baby I'm taking all I have to take because taken gonna shape me People call us renegades because we like living crazy We like takin' on the town because peoples gettin' lazy I don't care what nobody says, no, I'm gonna be her lover Always mad and usually drunk, but I love her like no other And the doctor seems to say he don't know Where we're gonna go I'm a ghost and I don't think I quite know Where we're gonna go People call us renegades because we like living crazy We like takin' on this town because peoples gettin' lazy I don't care what nobody says, no, I'm going to be her lover Always mad and usually drunk, but I love her like no other And her daddy doesn't think he quite knows Where we're gonna go I'm a ghost and I don't think I quite know Where we're gonna go Where we're gonna go Where we're gonna People call us renegades We like taking on this town I don't care what nobody says, we're gonna have a baby Taking off in a Coupe de Ville, she's buckled up on navy She don't care what her momma says, no, she's gonna have my baby I'm taking all I have to take because taken gonna shape me