• ベストアンサー

以下の英文の have について。

以下の英文の have について。 Among all the people who said they have a pet、 64 percent answered they have a dog . ペットを買っていると答えた人たちの64パーセントの人が犬を買っていると答えた この英文中の2つの have は、時制の一致の原則から had と絶対すべきでしょうか。それとも have でも成り立ちうるでしょうか?その場合、had とした場合との違いはどのようなものになるでしょうか。

• bekool
  • お礼率55% (132/239)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

私には have の方が自然に感じられます。 現在もペットを飼っており、そのうちの多数の人が現在も犬を飼っているだろうと予想できるからです。 調査というのは、その時点のことで、その1秒後には少しは事情が変っているかもしれないが、調査した時点での結果を、それを公開する時点でもかなり有効であるとみなすという前提で示すものだからです。 had とした場合は、もちろん 「過去の話」 でしかなくなります。調査結果として現在あるであろう可能性として示す数値としては有効なデータとはいえないものだということになります。 こういう表現は、時事的な記事などでよく見かけるように思います。たとえば、昨日付けの BBC の下記の記事には The study found that consumers are now spending more time on ... とあります。  → http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11501625

bekool
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.2

これは間接話法なので had にしたほうがいいでしょう。

bekool
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• My dog seemed to have understood what I ...

what 以降なのですが、         My dog seemed to have understood what I had said. It seemed that my dog had understood what I had said.         で正しいですか?    それとも、一番目の文は have understood に合わせて what I have said にするのでしょうか?    (でも、そうすると seemed の時制には合わないですよね・・・?)

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

Among the many buzzwords we hear in Japan at the beginning of the 21st century, two of the most common are “freeter” and “NEET.” These terms refer to people who either work in temporary jobs (freeters) or those that have no employment, education or training (NEETs). Although freeters are working, most people have a negative impression when they hear these words. One of the images that many foreigners have of Japanese people is that they are diligent. How can it be then that this new breed of people, who appear to have a casual attitude towards work, or are even lazy, came to exist? The answer to this question is not as simple as it may seem.

• この英文正しいですか

この英文正しいですか?間違えていましたら教えてください 1They don't have no children. 2 A few people survived, but many died. 3 They have a secound house in the country. よろしくお願いします

• 英文を和訳してください。

和訳お願いします。 An old man died and left son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. `My money has finished and my friends have gone, `said the young man. `What will happen to me now?` `don't worry, young man, `answered Nasreddin. `Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier.`

• 英文の訳!!

英文の訳をお願いします! Through learning their nativetongues,people have come to bemore proud of their cultures. A Mohawk teacher at the Freedom School says,"Our children are taught to be proud of who they are,Languages have evolved over centuries,and they contain a lot of culture.When we lose a language,we lose a part ofour whole human heritage" よろしくお願いします!!

• わからない英文があります

Antipersonnel mines are laid on or under the ground so that they explode when they are stepped on.They have only one purpose: to kill and injure people. Many of those injured by mines die a slow death. Those who survive often live lives of misery, poverty, and discrimination. この英文でThose who survive often live lives of misery, poverty, and discrimination.の survive often live lives...についてなんですが動詞surviveの後に再び動詞liveが来るなんてありえるのですか? Those who survive often live lives of misery, poverty, and discrimination.の英文はどのように日本語に訳せばいいでしょうか? あとdie a ~death という熟語はどういう意味ですか?

• 以下の文の時制はどこに合わせたら・・・?

人を見た目で判断する人が多いということに気づきました。 という日本語を英作する問題です。 私は以下のようにしました。 I found that there were many people who judged the person by how they look. 最後のhow they lookのところでちょっと考えました。 ここは一般論として、時制はこのまま現在形でいいのでしょうか? それとも時制を合わせてhow they lookedにしたほうがいいのでしょうか? また、他の部分で間違い・より良い回答があれば添削をお願いします!

• 英文を読んで訳すのを教えてください。

He started for the market with the cow. On his way to the market he met a man who had a pig with him. “Good morning,” said the man. “Good morning,” answered Jack. “Will you give me your old cow for this fat young pig?” said the man. Jack thought that it was a good idea. So he exchanged his old cow for the young pig. He walked on happily until he met another man who had some fine beans. “These are magic beans,” said the man. “’I’ll give you one of them, if you give me that pig.” Jack thought that it was wonderful to have a magic bean. So he agreed to it and carried the bean proudly back home. He showed the bean to his mother. “Is this all that you have got for that cow?” she said. “Now we have no cow to give us milk. All we have is this bean.” 次の文の指示された文を英訳してください。 (1)He walked on happily until he met another man who had some fine beans. これを解いてみると、 (1)彼はいい豆を持っている人に会うまで楽しそうに歩き続けた。 になりました。しかし、先生に間違っていると指摘されたのでどこが間違っているのか教えていたでけませんか。 出来れば意訳があれば教えてもらいたいです。

• could have 過去分詞

Ken Noguchi was the youngest person to climb Mt. Everest. Seeing him suffering from altitude sickness*, yet smiling while holding the Japanese flag at the summit, people wondered how a twenty-five-year-old could have done that. (原文は2006年亜細亜大学の入試問題の英文のようです) の第2文の後半people wondered how a twenty-five-year-old could have done that.の部分の解釈についてお尋ねします。 この部分を日本語にすると、「人々は,一体どうやって25歳の人間にそんなことができたのだろうと思った」ぐらいだろうと理解しています。 さて、このcould have done…の部分の解釈は次のどちらでしょうか。 (1) このcould have done…は、過去のことについての<可能>を表すcould doが、時制の一致によって「過去の過去」を表す必要があるため、could have doneという形になっている。 (2)このPeople wondered how a twenty-five-year-old could have done that. は直接話法で書き直すと、 People said to themselves, “How can[could] a twenty-five-year-old have done that?” となる。 「How can[could] S’ have 過去分詞~?」(どうして[なぜ]~なんてことがありえるのだろう)が時制の一致を受けてhow …could have …となった。 私は(2)ではないかな、と思っています。が、他により適切な解釈があるのかもしれません。ご教示ください。

• 英文

次の[   ]内の語を正しく並び替え.英文を完成させてください (1) You [ member/a/our/are/family/of ] now. (2) ken: Kumi. I [ to/would/something/show/like/you/interesting ]. I have got a letter from our friend who is studying in America. (3) He was a little surprised and said to Mike. `` Is [ right/dog/bring/it/to/all/a ] into a train? `` お願いいたします!