• ベストアンサー

英語が得意な方。この一文の和訳をお願いします。

英語が得意な方。この一文の和訳をお願いします。 nonverbal behavior , such as facial expressions , voice tone , eye contact , hand movements and other gestures often modifies what is spoken , revealing more about a person's thoughts and feelings. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

言葉以外の行動、たとえば表情、声のトーン、相手との目の合わせ方、手の動きといったしぐさというものは、往々にしてその人が考えていることや感情を言葉より雄弁に語ってしまうことがあるものです。 というような意味です。

EbiMayoTamago
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 参考にさせて頂きます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳の得意な方、宜しくおねがいしますm(_ _)m

翻訳の得意な方、宜しくおねがいしますm(_ _)m Though we often are aware only of "intellectual content" when we communicate, it is important to understand the basic ebb and flow of relating in a human context, the transmission of sometimes contradictory messages through bodily posture and touch, voice tone, facial expression, and eye contact. 長文ですが・・。"content" には2つの意味があるので、いまいちわかりません。すみませぬ。 kay722

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 部分、部分はわかるんですが文になるとうまく日本語に直せなくて… As I traveled from one country to another, I got accustomed to communicating primarily through gestures. I imagined that I could read minds and send telepathic messages. I focused on facial expressions and eye contact. There were many times when I wanted to know what people were actually saying; however, I also often sensed that I was at a distinct advantage, not knowing. Ambiguity felt liberating. I didn't have to conform as much to expectations or behavior that I might consider restrictive. I could move in and out of culturally imposed roles more freely.

• 大至急和訳希望!

どなたか次の英文を和訳していただけませんか? Some forms of body language such as facial expressions may not be laerned behavior at all, but instead demonstrate the universality of human emotions. Laughing and smiling may be one such universal expression. When one person starts to laugh, those around him or her can't help but feel good and start laughing, too. As the old saying goes, "Laugh and the world laughs with you." Perhaps Charlie Brown should try laughing more. He may feel better and save himself both a nickel and a trip to Lucy's stand.

• 英語の和訳ですっ

英語の和訳なのですが苦手です よかったら教えてください Interestingly, the Internet is changing the nature of communication. People use symbols and abbreviations to help them write text message more quickly. Long expressions are shortened : for example, expressions such as LOL (laugh out loud), IMO (in my opinion) and AFIK (as far as I know). Emoticons are also widely used in e-mails and text messages. Emoticons are simple pictures of a facial expression that help the reader understand the writer's tone. For example, someone may write in an e-mail : Don't work too hard! :-) From the grammar of this sentence, a reader might think the sentence was a harsh command. However, the smilley face at the end tells the reader that the tone of the sentence is friendly. Emoticons are logographic. One emoticon (character) does not represent a sound or syllable. Instead, it contains its own meaning. Therefore, we can see that the example sentence uses two kinds of writing system : alphabetic (English) and logographic (emoticon). というものです よろしくお願いします!!

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、並び替えや空欄があります。(A)にはsaying,linguistic,way,somethingが、(B)にはwhich,what,how,whereのどれかが入ります。お願い致します。 Human beings learn to communicate with each other through nonlinguistic means as well as linguistic ones. All of us are familiar with the saying, “It wasn´t what he said ; It was the way that he said it”when, by using the word (A), we mean something about the particular voice quality that was in evidence, or the sat of a shoulder, or the obvious tension in certain muscles. A message may even be contradicted by the accompanying tone and gestures, so that each of “I´m ready,”“You´re beautiful,”and“I don´t know where he is”can mean the opposite of any literal interpretation.  Often we experience difficulty in pinpointing exactly (B) in the communication causes the change of meaning, and any statement we make as to the sources of the discrepancy between the literal meaning of the words and the total message communicated is likely to be expressed in extremely impressionistic terms. It is likely to refer to something like a sparkle in a person´s eye, or a “threatening”gesture, or an “insulting”manner.  We are likely to make similar impressionistic statements about communication between members of different cultures. Sometimes we remark that Frenchmen “talk with their hands,”Japanese “smile”on inappropriate occasions, and American Indians are “stone-faced.”As a result, (tend,people,we,stereotype,to,who) come from other linguistic and cultural backgrounds on the basis of impressions about their language, gestures, customary movements, and uses of space. 以上です。

• どうして倒置になっているのですか?

The Tokyo students when interviewed were much more controlled and revealed far less of their feelings through their nonverbal behavior than did the Americans. この文章で、最後のdid the Americansが倒置になっているのですが、どうして倒置するのですか? また、much more controlled and revealedのcontrolledは形容詞、revealedは動詞であっていますか?

• 和訳をお願いします。

言葉を用いないコミュニケーションについての文章の一節です。 どなたか和訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m Clothes give us many interesting clues about a person. As Americans say, they “make a statement.” People “dress up” for an important occasion, and “dress down” when they do not want to attract attention. Designer clothes are a status symbol, because people can see that you are rich and up-to-date on the latest fashion. In colloquial usage, Americans often comment “I hear you” when they mean “I understand you.” But spoken words are not the only messages we hear. Sounds often tell a story.

•  japan timesの英文和訳お願いします。

Does this strike a chord with any Westerners living in Japan? Or Japanese when interacting with Westerners? Certainly, I can understand it. There are many occasions when expressions and emotions may be misunderstood, and this research might provide part of an explanation as to why that happens so frequently. Jack and colleagues investigated cultural differences in the recognition of facial expressions by recording the eye movements of 13 Western Caucasian and 13 East Asian people while they observed pictures of expressive faces. They then put them into categories: happy, sad, surprised, fearful, disgusted, angry, or neutral. The faces were standardized according to something called the Facial Action Coding System (FACS). This sets each expression as displaying a specific combination of facial muscles typically associated with each feeling of emotion. The researchers then compared how accurately participants read those facial expressions using their particular eye-movement strategies. It turned out that Easterners focused much greater attention on the eyes, and made significantly more errors than Westerners did. In other words, while Westerners use the whole face to convey emotion, Easterners use the eyes more and the mouth less. And interestingly, this cultural difference extends to cyberspace. Emoticons — text marks used to convey facial expressions of the writer’s mood — are different in Japan and the West. In the West, the commonest emoticons for “happy” and “sad” use the mouth to convey the emotion, so we have :) and :( In Japan, however, the eyes are used to convey the emotions, so ^.^ is commonly used for happy and ;-; for sad. “Emoticons are used to convey different emotions in cyberspace as they are the iconic representation of facial expressions,” Jack said. “Interestingly, there are clear cultural differences in the formations of these icons.” In summary, the researchers say, there are real perceptual differences between Western Caucasian and East Asian people. However, I doubt whether that applies to Caucasians who have grown up in Japan, or Japanese who have grown up in America, for example. It’s all about the culture you grow up in — your so-called nurture rather than nature. But, without overgeneralizing, it does help us understand how attempts to communicate emotions sometimes get lost in translation.

• 英語が得意な方お願いします2/2

次の( )の語の品詞と働きを説明している文として,選択肢の中から正しい記述を一つ選びなさい。 The skin is the largest organ in the body, measuring around two square metres. Distributed unevenly across it are 2,800,000 receptors for pain, 200,000 for cold, and 500,000 for touch and pressure. From birth, girls are dramatically more sensitive to touch (1)and, as an adult, a woman’s skin is at least ten times more sensitive to touch and pressure than a man’s. In one authoritative study it was found (2)that the boys (3)who tested most sensitive to touch felt even less than the least sensitive girls. Female skin is thinner than male skin (4)and has an extra fat layer below it for more warmth in winter (5)and to provide greater endurance. Oxytocin is the hormone (6)that stimulates the urge to be touched (7)and fires up our touch receptors. It’s no wonder (8)that women, with receptors (9)that are ten times more sensitive than men’s, attach so much importance to cuddling their men, children and friends. Our body language research shows (10)that western women are four to six times more likely to touch another woman in a social conversation (11)than a man is likely to touch another man. Women use a greater range of touch expressions than men, describing a successful person as having a ‘magic touch’ and dislike those (12)who ‘get under your skin’. They talk about ‘feelings’, giving someone ‘the personal touch’, being ‘touchy’ and annoying people by ‘rubbing them up the wrong way’. In 1999, a research team led by Michael Meaney at McGill University in Quebec, Canada, showed baby rats (13)that are constantly groomed and cared for by their parents develop more brain mass and higher intelligence than baby rats (14)who had less caring parents. A study with psychiatric patients showed (15)that, under pressure, men avoid touch (16)and retreat into their own world. More than half the women in the same test, on the other hand, initiated approaches to men, not for sex, (17)but for the intimacy of touch. (18)When a woman is emotionally cut off or angry with a man, she is likely to respond by saying, ‘Don’t touch me!’, a phrase (19)that has little meaning to men. The lesson? To win points with women, use lots of appropriate touching (20)but avoid roping. To raise mentally healthy children, cuddle them a lot. 問1 (12)who      (1)先行詞はthoseである。 (2)関係詞節はthose who ‘get under your skin’ である。 (3)getの補部になっている。 (4)getは自動詞である。 問2 (13)that      (1)関係詞節はthat are constantly groomedである。 (2)関係詞節はthat are constantly groomed and cared for by their parentsである。 (3)関係詞節はthat are constantly groomed and cared for by their parents develop more brain mass and higher intelligenceである。 (4)関係詞節はthat are constantly groomed and cared for by their parents develop more brain mass and higher intelligence than baby rats who had less caring parentsである。 問3 (14)who      (1)先行詞はbabyである。 (2)先行詞はbrain massである。 (3)先行詞はintelligenceである。 (4)先行詞はratsである。 問4 (15)that      (1)先行詞はstudyである。 (2)先行詞はpatientsである。 (3)avoidの主部になっている。 (4)showedの目的語になっている。 問5 (16)and      (1)avoidとretreatを結び付けている。 (2)menとretreatを結び付けている。 (3)touchとworldを結び付けている。 (4)underとintoを結び付けている。 問6 (17)but      (1)forとforを結び付けている。 (2)forとofを結び付けている。 (3)sexとintimacyを結び付けている。 (4)sexとtouchを結び付けている。 問7 (18)When      (1)疑問副詞である。 (2)先行詞はa womanである。 (3)a woman is emotionally cut offを補部に取っている。 (4)is likely to respondを修飾している。 問8 (19)that      (1)先行詞はa manである。 (2)関係詞節はthat has little meaningである。 (3)has little meaning to menという述部の主部になっている。 (4)to menはsayingの補部になっている。 問9 (20)but      (1)appropriateとavoidを結び付けている。 (2)touchingとropingを結び付けている。 (3)useとavoidを結び付けている。 (4)winとuseとavoidを結び付けている。

• 和訳してください!!

(1)Communication is an exchange of information, ideas, or feelings. In this exchange, each person must understand the other person's message. Without understanding, there is no communication. (2)American men and women often have trouble ( communicated / communicating / to communicate / communication ) with each other. John doesn't understand Mary, and Mary doesn't understand John. The real reason for these communication breakdowns is not language. Instead, it is cultural. Although John and Mary use the same words, they are using them in different cultural contexts. John and Mary are speaking the same language but on different levels. (3)Women think of conversation as a sharing of feelings, while men consider it an exchange of information. For women, conversation is a network among equals who talk and listen to each other. For men, it is a hierarchy where the powerful person speaks and the ( more / better / less / fewer ) powerful one listens. Women think of conversation as a skill which draws people together. Men consider it a competitive game for power. (4)Socialization among American girls is based on friendship. They share their secrets with their best friends who are supposed to talk and listen. Socialization among American boys is based on competition and often aggression. (5)When Mary asks John for his opinion, he tells her what to do. Without notice, he expects her to listen and take his advice. For him, the conversation is over once he has told his opinion. But not so for Mary, because the word opinion has a different meaning. She wants to discuss the matter with John before she makes her decision. She gets angry when he tells her what to do. This is a typical example of a communication breakdown. The same word has diferent meanings for different people. That is why John doesn't understand Mary. ( )の数字は段落を示したものです(´∀`*) 文章の途中の( )は正しいものを選んでください!!! では、よろしくお願いします(。´・ω・)