• ベストアンサー

気になる英文

We don't play football ourselves,we watch others playing;we don't act,we watch others acting in movies;we don't walk,we ride cars and trains. この文の途中の(;)で文と文がつながってるのは分かるんですが、それぞれ(,)だけでつながってる文がありますよね?等位接続詞なしにそんなこできるんですか?おねがいします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nekomac
  • ベストアンサー率43% (162/371)
回答No.2

コンマはいろいろな意味で使われますが、そのうちの二つを挙げてみますと、 1、意味上の混乱を避けるために、文法上、必要の無いコンマを打つ場合があります。 また、 2、従属節が前に出た時に、主節との間に打つ場合もあります。 ご質問に出された文は等位接続の意味ではなく、上のうちのどちらか、あるいは両方の意味で、使われているのではないかと思いますが。

ricefield-
質問者

お礼

カンマの用法を丁寧に教えてくださってありがとうございました。 なるほど従位接続詞につかうわけですか。参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.1

厳密には駄目しれませんが、 3つの文を通して同じパラレリズムが成り立っているので違和感はありませんが。

ricefield-
質問者

お礼

あまり気にしててもしょうがないですよね。確かに意味は通じるます。ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈

英文解釈 次の2つ目の文の説明をおねがいします。なるべく詳しくして頂けると助かります。 We love our kids,and it's only natural that we rejoice when they succeed and feel pain when they don't.But we must make sure that our hopes and expectations for our kids are tailored to their personalities and strengths,not to our own unfulfilled wishes for ourselves.

• 以下の英文の解釈をお願いします。

以下に英文(大幅に省略しているので文章の繋がりは読めないです、スミマセン)と、それに対する疑問点を書かせていただきます。よろしくお願いいたします。 It is a beneficial thought that we were once children.(省略) We try to behave not as we want to behave, nor even as we think we ought to behave, but as we think others expect us to behave. So we enter into a world of pretence and deception, deceiving others and perhaps ourselves as well, and being deceived by them in turn. So we are placed under a continual strain.(省略) After all, it isn't so easy to act the part of someone else, according to what we imagine others may be expecting of us, especially when that expectation may change from day to day. As for all this strain, I hardly need add how harmful it must be to our health. (省略) Pretending we are still children is just as bad as pretending we are other adults than ourselves.(省略) All pretence is positeively harmful, if only by putting us under a strain and so impairing our health. At the same time, we must recognize there's still something of the child left in us. We never grow up in such a way as to leave the past entirely behind us. What we were, in a deep sense, we still are: and it is important for our health and peace of mind to admit the fact. 2(5)文目で"we think(imagine)"という挿入がなされている所が上手く訳出できませんでした。3文目の"in turn"は「騙し、その次には騙される」という感じで訳したのですがどうでしょうか?10文目で"such a way as to~"に関してこれは"so as to~"的に訳せばいいのでしょうか?11文目は":"の前の部分の構造がまったくわかりませんでした。

• 英文解釈

下記の英文をどう解釈すれば良いかわかりません。わかる方がいましたらよろしくお願いします。 (マグロの数が激減しているので、規制すべきだという内容の記事です) And we have to get management of the oceans correct and we can't keep … and governments can't keep acting like we'll take care of that next year. -- 補足-- 【前後の文】 "Management of fish species on the high seas isn't just about making sure people have nice seafood when they go to a restaurant; it's about the very future of our planet," continued Lieberman. "And we have to get management of the oceans correct and we can't keep … and governments can't keep acting like we'll take care of that next year. We'll worry about making money in the short term, we'll listen to the fishing industry; we'll worry about the ocean & the environment later. We don't have that luxury." 【出展】 http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/Bluefin-Tuna-Endangered-by-Overfishing--111159869.html

• 英文が正しいかどうか教えて下さい

下の英文の、おかしな文やアドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 Second I will state about the study. Now children have to go to school in nine year. We can learn and study that we need things for live. But we can learn not only school but also television and movies. We have education channel for children. Children can learn by watch it. For example, words, vocabulary. But television and movies have more. Movie teaches us important things in story. For example, dream come true and friend. School teacher don’t teach us about it. We learn a lot of things watch television I like watch television about famous people’s success process. And we can learn culture other countries. So I think that television and movies teach us a lot of things. よろしくお願いします。

• 前置詞句がどこにかかるのかが分からない

下記の英文ですが、前置詞句がどこにかかり、どのように訳せばよいのかが分かりません。 We must accept the good and the bad in ourselves. However, when we come to judge others, it is not by ourselves as we really are that we judge them, but by an image that we have formed of ourselves from which we have left out everything that offends our vanity, or would discredit us in the eyes of the world. (第一文) 我々は受け入れなければならない、我々自身の中の良いも悪いも。 (第二文) しかしながら、我々が他者を判断するときは、我々自身、つまり我々が本当に今ある状態を基準とするのではなく、ある種のイメージを基準としている、そのイメージとはつまり我々が形成したイメージ(of ourselvesがimageにかかるのか、formedにかかるのか分かりません)で、かつ、(from whichをどう訳せばよいか分かりません、whichの先行詞はan imageだと思うのですが)、我々は全てのものを除いた、その全てのものとは我々の虚栄心を傷つけたり、世間の目から我々の信用を損ねるもののことだが。 上のような状態までしか訳せません。

• 訳をお願いします。

It is now suggested that yawning when others yawn is a form of social bonding or a sign of our understanding others'feelings. @yawnig when others yawn のところが理解できません。 Perhaps the main reason we yawn is so we don't forget just how mysterious human beings really are. 上記の2文の訳をお願いします。

• 次の文の訳を見ていただけますか

I am an open person and someone who tries to put others before myself. I think it's important to think of others and treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves. 上記の文は最近知り合った方が自己紹介として書いてくださったものなのですが 一行目のsomeone who tries to put others befor myself という部分のニュアンスが つかめません。 最初に自分をopen personだと書いているので自分自身の前にothersを置こうとする、 つまり本音を隠して外面良く振舞うことはしない、という意味なのかな~と・・・ 和訳のアドバイスいただけると大変たすかります!

• onlyの品詞

Sometimes we think only of ourselves in places like theaters and trainsという文があったのですが(訳は一応わかってます)、think only of oneselfで「自分勝手だ」とあるサイトで知りました。ここでonlyは「だけ」っていうことを表現したいのはわかるのですが、ここでonlyの品詞って何なんでしょうか?私の辞典ではonlyは形容詞と副詞と接続詞が載ってました。たぶん形容詞かなと思いますが、ofの前に形容詞がきてもいいんでしょうか(副詞、接続詞にしても)。自信がないのでわかる方よろしくお願いします。

• 英語、構文がとれません

Leisure activity isn't just for fun.から始まる長文で、趣味としての運動を分類しようというもので、全く違う運動でも似た影響を人々に与える。という文です。 He has developed a scale that classifies hobbies based on needs they satisfy in people." この"they satisfy in people."のtheyって何ですか? また関係代名詞がつかないのはなぜですか(*_*)? もうひとつ、 "No one would consider acting to have the same characteristics as roller-skating or playing baseball,but men and women who act as a hobby report feeling an intense sense of belonging to a group, much the same way others do in playing sports." 誰も同じ特徴をもつような運動をローラースケーティングやバスケットをることとはみなさないだろう。しかし趣味として活動する人たちはグループへの強い帰属意識が報告されている。 であっていますか?変な文ですが… Consider A as Bととりました。 much the same way~は何と訳すべきですか? お願いします。

• so just feel ~ that【和訳】

次の文章の和訳をお願いします。特にso just feelからがわかりません。解説いただければありがたいです。 If we have very, very low self-esteem, which is a rampant problem in Western culture for many various reasons, then we can be very jealous of what others have achieved, but we feel that, “I couldn’t possibly achieve that, I’m not good enough” and we don’t even try. You just give up and feel bad about ourselves; so just feel “poor me,” that everybody else is so successful and “I’m a loser.”

真空パックに不向きなもの
このQ&Aのポイント
  • 真空パックは便利な保存方法ですが、一部のアイテムには不向きなものもあります。
  • 書籍や機械部品は、長期間の真空環境で保存することで劣化が進む可能性があります。
  • また、銀製品や災害備蓄品も真空パックには適さない場合があります。
回答を見る