• ベストアンサー

訳願います

"Family structure emphasized patriarchal controls, and extended family relationships among grandparents, parents, and children were close." を訳してほしいです!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「家族構成は父(または男性年長者)による統制力を強めた、そして大家族制度は祖父母、父母、子ども間の関係を緊密にした」  要するに「親父が威張ることになり、同じ屋根の下に住むんだから爺婆と孫(間に挟まった父母は言うに及ばず)の関係を密にした」ってことでしょうか。まあ核家族と大家族の比較でしょうね。

関連するQ&A

• 至急 訳を教えてください。

訳してみてもうまく文にならなくて大変困ってます。 よろしくお願いします。 First-born Children and only childlen First-born and only children are alike in some ways. First-born children receive all of their parents' attention until a new child is born. Only children receive this attention all through their lives. Both kinds of children have close relationships with their parents and try to make them happy. First-born children try hard to be successful,and they often get professional jobs. Only children also try to be perfect at everything. They are usually responsible and reliable. Sometimes,however,they become selfish. Twenty-one of the first twenty-threeU.S. astronauts were first-born or only children.

• immediate と extended の意味(family 関係?)

お葬式が始まりました。 何人かの人が弔辞を述べることになっています。 The first is from your family, immediate and also extended-- children, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents who have come from all over the country to attend. The second speaker is one of your friends,... ・・・・ という文があるのですが、 この場合の immediate と extended はどのように 訳せばいいのでしょうか? お願いします。

• この英文の訳について。

The researchers found that the majority of parents who took their children out of school were white British, and that children tended to be removed between finishing primary and starting secondary school. この部分の訳ですが、後半部分で行き詰っています…。 どなたかわかる方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください><

• shunted

My husband and his brother, who are close in age, were orphaned as toddlers. They spent their childhood shunted among family members and spent some time in foster care. shunted among family membersはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 祖父母と暮らすのは良いことだ(添削お願いします)

3世代が供に暮らすことは子供にも、父母にも、祖父母にもメリットがあって良い。という内容の文を書きたいのですが、出だしの明瞭な一文が思いつきません。 To live with grandparents is good for family と今はしているのですが、他に何か良い表現はないでしょうか。 またこの場合familyは親と子をさしているのでしょうか。本論では最初に子と親に与える良い影響を指摘しておいて、to live together will bring benefits for not only "family" but also grandparents と祖父母にもメリットがある、と展開したいです。しかしこの場合familyなどと微妙な表現はせず、parents and childrenとした方が良いでしょうか。どちらか一方の点でもかまいません。何かアドバイスがありましたらよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!

Parents were so enthusiastic about the new school and its progressive philosophy that their children quickly learned that their family and school were of one mind not only about the importance of learning, but about what children had to do to learn.

• 和訳をお願いします!!!

The alliance between the parents of CPE students and the school's staff was a key ingredient in the granduates' outstanding record. Parents were so enthusiastic about the new school and its progressive philosophy that their chidren quickly learned that their family and school were of one mind not only about the importance of learning, but about what children had to do to learn.

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(1)

Why Chinese Mothers Are Superiorという記事の日本語訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 A lot of people wonder how Chinese parents raise such stereotypically successful kids. They wonder what these parents do to produce so many math whizzes and music prodigies, what it's like inside the family, and whether they could do it too. Well, I can tell them, because I've done it. Here are some things my daughters, Sophia and Louisa, were never allowed to do: I'm using the term "Chinese mother" loosely. I know some Korean, Indian, Jamaican, Irish and Ghanaian parents who qualify too. Conversely, I know some mothers of Chinese heritage, almost always born in the West, who are not Chinese mothers, by choice or otherwise. I'm also using the term "Western parents" loosely. Western parents come in all varieties. All the same, even when Western parents think they're being strict, they usually don't come close to being Chinese mothers. For example, my Western friends who consider themselves strict make their children practice their instruments 30 minutes every day. An hour at most. For a Chinese mother, the first hour is the easy part. It's hours two and three that get tough. Despite our squeamishness about cultural stereotypes, there are tons of studies out there showing marked and quantifiable differences between Chinese and Westerners when it comes to parenting. In one study of 50 Western American mothers and 48 Chinese immigrant mothers, almost 70% of the Western mothers said either that "stressing academic success is not good for children" or that "parents need to foster the idea that learning is fun." By contrast, roughly 0% of the Chinese mothers felt the same way. Instead, the vast majority of the Chinese mothers said that they believe their children can be "the best" students, that "academic achievement reflects successful parenting," and that if children did not excel at school then there was "a problem" and parents "were not doing their job."

• 至急日本語訳お願いします。

Since parents control who sleeps where, it is their everyday beliefs that dectde sleeping arrangements. In those cultures in which the prime parental goal s to integrate children into the family, the household, and society, babies are close at hand, even during the night. It is primarily in those societies (mostly in the industrialized West, especially in the United States) where a premium is placed on independence and self-reliance that babies and children sleep alone. Underlying this unconscious societal even more damental assumption made by Americans and some other groups- how we that children from day one has a major effect on how they turn out as adults. This philosophy is not shared by all cultures. The Mayans; for example, see mother and infant as one until that cannot be separated, and believe offspring are not ready for guidance until they can speak and reason, when they are older children. Newborns in their culture are not capable of being trained, and, they feel, should just be cared for. Sleep, in other words, can take nuance. And the basis for that morality is, of course, culturally constructed. American parents believe it is morally "correct" for infants to sleep alone and thus learn alertness ). They view child-parent co-sleeping as strange, psychologically unhealthy, and even sinful. Those in co-sleeping cultures see the Western practice of placing an infant alone as wrong and a form of child neglect or parental irresponsibility. Parents in both kinds of cultures are convinced that their moral structure is "correct" .

• 訳を教えてください

My 3-year-old daughter’s best friend at day care is a boy. They have been together since they were little babies and are inseparable. His family and some of the nursery staff have encouraged the idea that they are boyfriend and girlfriend—when we went to his birthday party, even his extended family said, “Oh you’re Sally’s mom, his little girlfriend!” I know this is fairly common in the way people talk about children, but it’s something I think is creepy and weird. I’ve let it slide because my daughter refers to George as her “best friend,” not her boyfriend, so I don’t worry it’s rubbing off. I don’t worry it’s rubbing offの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします