• ベストアンサー

immediate と extended の意味(family 関係?)

お葬式が始まりました。 何人かの人が弔辞を述べることになっています。 The first is from your family, immediate and also extended-- children, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents who have come from all over the country to attend. The second speaker is one of your friends,... ・・・・ という文があるのですが、 この場合の immediate と extended はどのように 訳せばいいのでしょうか? お願いします。

• fa46
  • お礼率49% (261/527)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

ともに family にかかっています。  immediate は「親子,兄弟姉妹」など近親,extended は「祖父母」「いとこ」などまで拡張した家族ということです。

fa46
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。 確認なのですが、つまり、 immediate は地理的、距離的に近くにいる人、 extended は地理的、距離的に遠くにいる人、 という意味は間違いということですね。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

そうですね。immediate, extended は地理的な遠近でなく,「血縁が近い」「血縁の範囲を広げた」という意味です。

fa46
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

• oogoog
  • ベストアンサー率29% (52/176)
回答No.3

最近は、前の結婚相手の子供などの義理の関係まで含めた家族のことを「extended family」と言うことが多いんです。 特に、離婚の多いアメリカでですが。 ただ、この場合はどうかな・・・

fa46
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• hdkzok
  • ベストアンサー率21% (20/91)
回答No.1

ご家族をはじめ、近親の方も、また、遠縁の方も--- の、近親 immediate   遠縁 extended だと思います。

fa46
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 訳願います

"Family structure emphasized patriarchal controls, and extended family relationships among grandparents, parents, and children were close." を訳してほしいです!

• 意味を教えてください

My husband and I love the great outdoors and have taken our daughter to every national park in the state. She is 11. My two sisters have girls of their own. We took them all for a week this summer to a lake to see how a cousins camping trip would go. to see how a cousins camping trip would goの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• Choose some thing

下記の直訳を文を区切って教えていただけますか? Choose some things for your brothers and sisters to remember you by.

• 英語に詳しい方!

「The great effort that your country is doing is amazing and inspiring!!」 上の分を和訳して頂けませんか?自分で訳したのですが、上手く出来なくて・・・・。

• 同じ意味にするにはどうしたらいいですか?

同じ意味にするにはどうしたらいいですか 和訳も教えてください He is content though he is verry poor. =He is content in spite of his (     )(     ). It is clear that the view of the country is great different from that of Japan. =Cleary there is a great (   ) in views (    ) the country and Japan. よろしくお願いします

• somethingの意味

[英文A] The water that runs from our showers, drinking fountains and faucets is something that didn't just come from a nearby lake or river, but first underwent a cosmic and chaotic journey to get here. [訳] シャワーから出る水や 水飲み場、蛇口から出る水は単に近くの湖や川から 来たものというだけではなく、まず最初に宇宙的で 混沌とした旅を 経てきたのです 上記英文は「水の起源」がテーマの文章から抜粋したものです。 英文Aのうちsomethingの部分(is something that)を省いて英文Bに書き換えた場合、文意はどのように変わるのでしょうか? [英文B] The water that runs from our showers, drinking fountains and faucets didn't just come from a nearby lake or river, but first underwent a cosmic and chaotic journey to get here.

• この意味がわかりません。

THIS IS THE CHANGE IN THE PRICE OF THE METAL FROM THE PREVIOUS CLOSE,WHICH IS NOT NECESSARILY THE PREVIOUS DAY.HERE'S WHY:THE TIME THE GOLD MARKET STOPS TRADING WORLDWIDE ON WEEKDAYS IS FOR A 30 MIN PERIOD,FROM 1:30 PM FOR THE CLOSE OF THAT GIVEN DAY.CHANGE IS ALWAYS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CURRENT PRICE AND THE PRICE AT 1:30 PM.FOR EXAMPLE GOLD LAST TRADED AT $400 AT 1:30 PM ON JANUARY 17.IF IT IS JANUARY 17 AT 3:30 PM AND THE PRICE IS $402,WE WILL SHOW A CHANGE OF +2.00.IF IT IS JANUARY 18 AT 1:28 PM AND GOLD IS QUOTED AT $425 THEN WE WOULD SHOW A CHANGE OF +25.00 AT THAT TIME. この文章を翻訳したいのですが うまく日本語に翻訳できません。 日本語にはどう訳したらいいでしょうか?

• 英語これであっていますか?

Thank you for your mail.We have been skiing in Nagano and we went to fishing at the sea,but I could not catch any fish. The weather is lovely sunnyday in Japan.The temperature is warmer than Dunedin.My brothers and ppparents are liking your christmas presents. ここまでで間違っていたりしていたら教えてもらえると助かります。

• どのような意味でしょうか

The best thing you can do for your friendship, your family and your sanity is to get ahead of the resentment and be honest with him. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2087943 get ahead of the resentmentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文の意味

次の文章は"The Closing of the American Book"という記事の一部です。 I will never forget seeing, as a high school student on my first trip to East Berlin, the plaza where Hitler and Goebbels had burned books from the university library. Those bonfires were predicated on the idea that texts could undermine armies. Soviet repression of literature followed the same principle. The Nazis were right in believing that one of the most powerful weapons in a war of ideas is books. And for better or worse, the United States is now in such a war. Without books, we cannot succeed in our current struggle against absolutism and terrorism. The retreat from civic to virtual life is a retreat from engaged democracy, from the principles that we say we want to share with the rest of the world. You are what you read. If you read nothing, then your mind withers, and your ideals lose their vitality and sway. So the crisis in reading is a crisis in national politics. この文章のThe retreat from civic to virtual life is a retreat from engaged democracy, from the principles that we say we want to share with the rest of the world. の部分の言いたい事がよくわからないんですが、どういう事なんですか?