• ベストアンサー

英語の文章が訳せない

経済学の内容の英文なのでこのカテゴリにさせてもらいました。 以下の部分がうまく訳せず意味も理解できません。 どなたか訳してください。お願いします。 the price elasticity of demand for exports, is defined as the percentage change in exports over the percentage change in price as represented by the percentage change in the exchange rate.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • at9_am
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1540/3760)
回答No.2

the price elasticity of demand for exports, is defined as the percentage change in exports over the percentage change in price as represented by the percentage change in the exchange rate. 輸出需要に対する価格弾力性---為替レートの%変化に代表される価格の%変化に対する輸出の%変化と定義されるが--- という訳になります。この部分だけでは完全な文ではありませんので、訳文も完全な文にはなっていません。 elasticity は経済学では弾力性と訳され、あるものが1%変化した場合に対象となるものが何%変化するかという意味合いです。 今回は輸出に対しての為替などに代表される価格の弾力性についての文です。

k5nano
質問者

お礼

詳しく説明していただけたので、よく分かりました。 参考にさせていただきます。回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#185706
noname#185706
回答No.1

おおむね次のような意味ではないでしょうか。 例として日本からアメリカへのある製品の輸出を考えます。ドルが円に対して1%安くなると、その製品のドルでの価格は1%高くなりますが(複雑なことはいっさい考えないとして)、そのときその製品の(価格が高くなったために)輸出量が2%減少するとすると、問題の量は 2% ÷ 1% = 2 となります。 門外漢の無責任な当てずっぽうですので、そのつもりで・・・。 訳文は御自分でどうぞ。

k5nano
質問者

お礼

おそらくNo.2の方が答えてくださった弾力性のことですね。 回答ありがとうございました。すごく分かりやすかったです。

関連するQ&A

• 英文契約書の表現について教えてください

英文契約書の翻訳をしているのですが、為替変動に応じた価格調整に ついて以下の記述があります。 Both parties agree to the price table set out below to have 2.5% price change for every 5% exchange rate change (and an equal pro rata portion of any percentage less than 5%). この場合のカッコ内の文言についてどのように訳せば良いのか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• ミクロ経済 小Quiz(最終)

1.How do we calculate the marginal revenue product of a factor? A)The total revenue divided by the number of factors B)The change in total revenue divided by the change in the number of factors C)The change in total physical product divided by the change in quantity D)The change in the total physical product divided by the change in the number of factors Cを選択しました。 MRP=Change in Total revenue ÷ Unit change in resource quantity 2. Which of these will cause an decrease in the demand for carpenters? A)An decrease in the demand for furniture B)An improvement in the technology used to produce furniture C)An increase in the amount of capital that the furniture firm uses D)More education and training for the workers E)All of the above D=MRPの関係図より、Aを選択しました。 3. How many workers would be hired by this firm? Laborers...Output...Price of output....Marginal cost of labor 1...............10..............3....................18 2...............18..............3....................18 3...............25..............3....................18 4...............31..............3....................18 5...............36..............3....................18 A)1 B)2 C)3 D)4 E)5 Eを選択しました。 4. Firms will choose to produce using more capital if a) the marginal product of labor divided by the price of labor is greater than the marginal product of capital divided by the price of capital b) the marginal product of labor divided by the price of labor is less than the marginal product of capital divided by the price of capital c) the marginal product of labor divided by the price of labor is equal to the marginal product of capital divided by the price of capital Cを選択しました。 5. The demand for a resource will be elastic if a) the demand for the product it produces is inelastic b) there are few substitutes for the resource c) the cost of the resource is a high proportion of the total production cost Cを選択しました。The larger the proportion of total production costs accounted for by a resource の一文より 6. which of these occupations has the highest expected percentage growth rate over the next few years. a) physician assistants b) order clerks c) computer operators d) athletic trainers e) biomedical engineers テキスト内にあるpercentage growth rate より aは39%、bは-26% cは-18% dは37% eは72%より Eを選択しました。 助言いただければ幸いです。

• 経済学の内容の英語なのですが、訳せません。

一部分を抜き出しているので訳しづらくなってしまいましたが、どうか力を貸してください。 This equation is known as the Marshall-Lerner condition and says that starting from a position of equilibrium in the current account, a devaluation will improve the current, that is dCA/dS >0 only if the sum of the foreign elasticity of demand for exports and the home country elasticity of demand for imports is greater than unity; that is, (nx+nm)>1. If the sum of these two elasticities is less than unity, then a devaluation will lead to a deterioration of the current account.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

Fig. 8. Contours of minimum separation distance r_min in the second encounter for the case of (e, i, b)=(1.0, 0.5, 2.8). Dots have the same meanings as those in Fig. 7. Fig. 9. The “Differential” collisional rate <p(e, i, b)> (defined by Eq. (24)) is plotted as a function of b in the case of (e, i)=(1.0, 0.5). Fig. 8.↓ http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=4403322728.jpg Fig. 9.↓ http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=9905093670.jpg よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 & ファイナンス

こんにちは。 英文を実際に数式にして数値を求めようとしているのですが、英文構造が分かりませんので値が求められずにいます。 数式の解説をどうぞ宜しくお願い致します。 求めるべきもの: change in net working capital as % of change in net sales 疑問点: 分母、分子はそれぞれ何を計算すればよいのでしょうか。

• 英語から日本語へ翻訳をお願いします。

為替取引関連についての説明なのですが、 内容が良く分からないので和訳をお願い致します。 Spot exchange contracts are a type of foreign exchange transaction rather than a solution to mitigate FX risk. With a Spot FX contract, your business can exchange one currency for another at a fixed rate of exchange and have the funds delivered in two working days' time. How it works The rate of exchange at the heart of the contract is determined by the international foreign exchange markets. More precisely, the rate is shaped by a variety of factors. These include the number of buyers and sellers in the market and the prevailing view of economic conditions in the countries involved in the trade. As there are so many variables that can affect the market's view of the value of a currency, spot exchange rates can be very volatile. So we have developed a range of solutions to manage the risk of rate fluctuations, including forwards and swaps.

• 大学の数学の内容です(英語)

現在アメリカの大学に通い始めていまして、 数学の参考書で予習をしています。 だけどよく分からないところがあるので、 よかったら教えてください。 ・Q=f(t) このそれぞれのアルファベットの意味は何ですか? ・a<t<bのそれぞれの<の下にアンダースコア(_)があるのですが、 これは日本で言う ≦ の下の2本の線と同じ意味ですか? ・The avarage rate of change, or rate of change, of Q with respect to t over an interval is...                            Change in Q    △Q Average rate of change over an interval = ------------ = -----                            Change in t     △t この△の意味は何ですか? また、この内容と近いことについて書かれているウェブサイトがあれば、ご紹介頂けると助かります。 よろしくお願い致します。

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

For regions where |b_i~|≦5.7, we have the same pattern in ⊿b~ and ⊿e~ as those for the case e_i~=0; i.e., they jump discontinuously by a bit change of δ* (see Fig.8). In the same manner as described for e_i~=0 we have tried to decompose up these discontinuous bands. Unfortunately we cannot succeed either in the complete decomposition, because there seems to exist an infinite series of the fine structure. But contributions of the fine structure to the average values, such as <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are found to be negligible too. In Figs.9 (a) and (b) the average values of <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are illustrated as a function of b_i~, where <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are defined as <⊿b~>=(1/2π)∫⊿b~dδ* (3.8) and <⊿e~>=(1/2π)∫⊿e~dδ*, (3.9) respectively. Fig.8. Some discontinuous bands of the change of the impact parameter for continuous variation of δ* with b_i~=3.0 and with e_i~4. Fig.9. (a) The change of the impact parameter, <⊿b~> and (b) the change of the eccentricity, <⊿e~> averaged over the parameter δ* for various values of b_i~ between -10 and 10 with e_i~=4. http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=2049108297.jpg ↑Fig.8. http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=5493230572.jpg7 ↑Fig.9. (a) and (b) 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語ができる人、この英文をやくしていただけませんか

In 1995, 94.5% of the wood material used was produced in the country. However, with the nation’s rapid economic expansion there was a surge in demand for more wood material. With the rise of the strong yen, Japan bought more things from abroad, and material produced in Japan fell to 45.0% by 1970. Afterwards, this figure fell even further, and by 2000 the percentage of wood material produced in the country was only 18.2%. A large percentage of imported wood is wood pulp, the basic material for paper products.

• 英語の訳が分からない文章があります。

英語の訳が分からない文章があります。 セキュリティの記事を取り扱っているサイトの、 コンピュータのデータの暗号化についての記事です。 Secret Key Algorithm A secret key algorithm (sometimes called a symmetric algorithm) is a cryptographic algorithm that uses the same key to encrypt and decrypt data. The best-known algorithm is the U.S. Department of Defense's Data Encryption Standard (DES). DES, which was developed at IBM in 1977, was thought to be so difficult to break that the U.S. government restricted its exportation. A very simple example of how a secret key algorithm might work might be substituting the letter in the alphabet prior to the target letter for each one in a message. The resulting text - "gdkkn," for example - would make no sense to someone who didn't know the algorithm used (x-1), but would be easily understood by the parties involved in the exchange as "hello." この文章の中の一番最後の「but would be easily understood by the parties involved in the exchange as "hello."」という文章の訳がわかりません。 私が訳した感じだと、「しかし、helloとして交換を含む人々によってそれは簡単に理解することができる」という感じになり、よくわかりません。 partiesやinvolved in、exchangeの訳が間違っているのだと思いますが、 よくわかりません。 どなたかご教授して頂きたいと存じます。 宜しくお願い致します。