• 締切済み

穴埋め&翻訳

2点質問があります。よろしくお願いします。 ● I am sure that she is the ( )( ) to cheat on an examination. 「私は、彼女が試験でカンニングをするような人ではないと確信している」 という文の穴埋めですが、私が考えるに、「・・・ような人ではない」の単語 not, person  がそれぞれ入ると思ったのですが be動詞の直後に the があるので自信がありません。 否定の語が必要だと思うのですが・・・。 ● more white allows a greater range of eye signals to be sent and received in the direction that the eyes move. ※eye signals→ 目で送る合図、 を使っての翻訳です。全体的に人間の目(特に白目)に関して説明をしている内容です。 多くの白はより広い範囲で目で送る合図を目を動かす方向へ送ったり受けたりできる ???? ほとんどわかりません・・・。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• marsh1989
  • ベストアンサー率76% (26/34)
回答No.2

一問目は last,person が入ると思います。 the last A to V で、もっともVしそうにないAという意味です。 二問目は難しいです。あまり自信がありません。 「白目がより多いことによって、より広い範囲の目で 送る合図が、目が動く方向へ送られ受け取られることが 可能になる。」 主語のwhiteは、おそらく白目と訳すのが正しいと思います。 無生物主語的な訳し方をしてみました。

beauty88
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。 1問目についてはとても参考になりました。 2問目についてはやはり直訳するのは難しいですね・・・。でもご親切にありがとうございました。

回答No.1

初めのが last person 次は 眼球の白い部分の面積が大きければ黒目は基本的に真ん中から360度の方向に動かせてより多様な合図を交信出来ます。(黒目が大きいと極端な場合左右だけの動きしか出来ない場合もありますが、黒目が小さければ斜め上方向に目を動かして合図を送るのも分かりやすいという事です。)という意味でしょう。

beauty88
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。 英文が述べたいことはご回答の訳そのものだと思いますが、時事英語の翻訳問題だったので、使われていない単語を多く使っての解答はマイナスになってしまうので・・・。 でも時間をとって解答していただきありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語を日本語に翻訳

That pop-up appears when the user enters the downloading process, informing that the game is caching data and advise the user to be patient. The button that he is asking, named “Minimize” which just allows users to minimize the downloading process. Its usage is similar to Home Key on the device. 意味が分かりません。 助けてくれませんか。

• eye examinationとは

今、英会話スクールでの予習で 訳してるのですが 難しくて困っています。 次のような内容です。 He has to wait in anothe long line to have an eye examination. この文なのですが 自分で訳してみると 「彼は試験をうけるため、長い列で待たなくてはいけない」 だと思うのですが、 examinationの前にeyeがついてるのが きになるのです。 調べてみても「目」とでてくるばかり。 注目の という意味もあるようですが 注目の試験?と、少し疑問なんです。 どうしたらいいでしょう・・・?

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分となりますので、 内容が中途半端だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 It will make his eyes moist intense, dark looking and his posture and movement careful for a time. During this period he may have no great physical strength, He will be subject to divers ailments and conditions in this period, including a tooth repair, but will refuse to become an invalid and will feel broken by a cruel fate, but will soldier on., Then he will get well totally and overcome the back problem., He will also change the whole direction of his working life in that period, and it will work out immensely well for both of you. He will emerge with a sense of greater self importance and status, will drink too much and begin to dress in darker colors.

• 翻訳お願いします

Please note that we cannot enter into any discussion or correspondence regarding specific admission requirements until we have received your complete application. Application Instructions on how to apply may be found here. There are three different kinds of admission to the first semester of a Bachelor programme: Admission without entrance examination Admission conditional upon passing 'reduced entrance examination (PDF, 101 kB)' (5 subjects) Admission conditional upon passing 'comprehensive entrance examination (PDF, 109 kB)' (9 subjects) Language of instruction The language of instruction in all Bachelor programmes is German (for language requirements, see info box on right and 'entrance exam').

• 英語長文穴埋め問題について

英語長文穴埋め問題の回答を教えてくださ い。 宜しくお願いいたしますm(_ _)m To:Raiph Woodrow,Sales From:Jean Korman,Vice-President Dear Ralph, I would like to thank you for applying for the assistant manager's position and taking the time to interview with (1) committee. I regret to inform you,however,that you were not chosen for the position. We were quite impressed with your intervie w,but there were candidates with far more e xperience that we needed to consider (2) yo u. You are still quite young and with your drive and abilities we are sure that you will be put in a position of (3) responsibility the near fut ure. Once again,thank you for your time.If you ha ve any questions,please do not hesitate to c ontact me. Jean Korman (1)【選択肢】 (a)selector (b)selection (c)selects (d)selective (2)【選択肢】 (a)outside (b)instead (c)over (d)under (3)【選択肢】 (a)irrelevant (b)greater (c)grand (d)poor

• 英文和訳チェックお願いします。

It is to be expected that signals running along one nerve fiber are carried by a different mechanism from that which relays the signals from one neuron to the next. という文を 「1つの神経細胞に沿っている信号活動は違う仕組みによってその信号はあるニューロンから次のニューロンへリレーしているように予期されている。」 と訳したんですがこれでは from that which の部分がうまく訳せていないような気がして・・・ どなたかわかるかたお願いします。

• 至急!英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)You (couldn't) stay on the computer so long, or you'll hurt your eyes. 2)I (may well) thinking of my missing dog. 3)The car broke down, and we (had to get) a taxi. 4)"Must I finish this assignment now?" "No, you (needn't). There's no hurry." 5)I recommended that she (should see) the professor. 6)You (can't have seen) Rika yesterday. She moved to England a week ago. 7)I'm sorry I didn't tell you that the store is closed on Mondays. I (should have told) you before you came all the way here. 8)Most office workers ( ) paid a lot less than lawyers. 1,are 2,get 3,must 4,ought to be 5,should be →2,get 9)( ) you help me? I have a problem with my car. 1,Can 2,Could 3,May 4,Will 5,Would →3,May 1~7は()内の穴埋め、8,9は不適切な語句を一つ選択する問題です。 できれば解説や訳を加えていただきたいです。 添削よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

どなたか英文を翻訳していただける方が居ましたらぜひお願いいたします。 I hinted at the end of chapter 1 that while some people consider theory to be a mystification of practice, rather than a tool for disseminating or supporting it, I believe that theories help us to appreciate our practice with more depth and resonance. Ultimately, your response to what we've outlined in this book might be to suggest a theory of your own, based on your own thinking and experience - as some of the practitioners we've interviewed do. But be careful in supported by empirical evidence. The next stage is to work out how you can put your own informed opinions to the test and turn them into a sound theory. Finally, remember that this book is by no means the last word on anything. We hope to have last word on anything. We hope to have whetted your appetite to look at visual communication in more detail, and pointed you in the direction of alternative sources that will extend your knowledge even further.

• 確認お願いします。

英文のエッセイを書いたのですが、以下の文はエッセイと言えるでしょうか。確認をお願いします。後、文法的におかしい所があったらお願いします。 1:The employment tests which I experienced until now are a written examination and an oral examination. By the written examination, the oral examination was performed for the primary examination in many cases at the second examination. In the oral examination, Japanese people found that one of the communication methods made the most difficult "it sees and speaks about a partner's eyes" was important. I suffered troubles about this point. Although seeing and speaking about a partner's eyes may be a natural thing, I thought that he should be conscious as one of the communications from a usual life.  (必須単語 most difficult) 訳:これまで私が経験した就職試験は、筆記試験や面接試験である。1次試験が筆記試験で、二次試験では面接試験が行われることが多かった。面接試験では、日本人には最も困難とされるコミュニケーション方法の一つ「相手の目を見て話す」ということが重要であることが分かった。私自身、この点に関して苦労したのも事実である。相手の目を見て話すというのは当たり前のことかもしれないが、普段の生活からコミュニケーションの一つとして意識しておくべきだと思った。

• 翻訳お願いします

The shortfall is I am old and my memory is not what it once was, thank you for bringing that to my attention So I have checked and you are correct you have paid a total of $140.00 As you can see I did not originally charge you enough for shipping for both hosts I only charged you for shipping for one host now there are two hosts. OK lets start over you paid $90.00 and that completely covers the L2, we'll call that good ! So on the E2 here is the low down for the E2 host, it is $26.00 and the copper heat sink is $65.00 (normally I would charge $75.00 but you have been a good customer ) and the flat focus adapter is $20.00 shipping to you for this weight will be $12.00 and if sent as a gift then no PP fees so that would be a total of $111.00 You paid a deposit of $50.00 on 6-7-13 so the balance will be $61.00 round that off to $60.00 as a gift and I'll get em packed up and ready to go on Monday Let me know if that sounds right to you I don't want you to think I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes or something