• 締切済み

well whatever ってどういう意味?

I noticed only now, so there is miki's blog and then her manager's blog? well whatever. ミキのブログとそれからマネージャーのブログがあるよね?ってことに今気づきました。 "well whatever." はどう訳すんでしょうか??

みんなの回答

• zatousan
  • ベストアンサー率55% (156/282)
回答No.1

こんにちは、便利な辞書があります。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ well, whatever まあともかく、どうでもいいけど、それはそれとして◆【用法】話をはぐらかしたり、判断放棄を表すつなぎの言葉 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://eow.alc.co.jp/well+whatever/UTF-8/

yos-hiro
質問者

お礼

ありがとーーー。 助かったよ、サンキュ!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• whatever timeと time

下記、英国の地方紙に掲載された子供向けホスピスの紹介文なのですが、whatever time と 単なる timeでは意味合いはどう違うのでしょうか? "whatever"が無くても意味が通じるように感じるのですが...。 よろしくお願いします。 Rachel House, Scotland’s only children’s hospice, is making the best effort to make whatever time children and their parents have there as much fun and as productive as possible. 試訳 レイチェルハウスはスコットランドの唯一のホスピスであるが、子供とその親がそこで過ごす時間を、可能な限り愉快で意義ある時間にしようと最大限の努力をしている。

• not~ but ~as wellはnot only butと同じ意味ですか

或る英文小説の訳文に就いてのお尋ねです 原文 Grace could simply lie on the workout bench ,as the physical therapist was doing now ,and surrender herself entirely not just to the therapist's hands but to her words as well. 訳文 グレースはただトレーニングベンチに横になってセラピストの手とおしゃべりに自分をゆだねていればよかった。 お尋ねのこと notA butBはAでなくBだと今までは理解していますが、この場合はnot only but also 同じような使い方のような気がしますが、そういう使い方もあると理解してよいですか。 以上お尋ねします。

• must be と would be

Miki and her family ( ) out of town. I have called several times, but there is no answer. 1. could go 2. must be 3. should go 4. would be A. 2 この問いで、どうしてwould beでは正しくないのか理解できません。 [ミキとその家族は町の外にいるのだろう。何度も電話をしたが、返事が無い。]でも、別段おかしいとも思えず… どなたかご教示の程よろしくお願いいたします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Since my son was born six months ago, I’ve run into an acquaintance a few times. Whenever I see her, she remarks, “Oh, what a beautiful baby! Really, I’m not just saying that. Usually I only think black babies are cute, but he is just darling.” I’m white, she’s white, and my son is white. So far I’ve just been smiling awkwardly and changing the subject. Is this OK? I don’t want to perpetuate her benevolent racism, but I also don’t really know her that well or see her very often. perpetuate her benevolent racismはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Taking apartの意味

海外のレストランで働いているのですが、昨日同僚(Phill)とこんな会話がありました。その中の”Taking apart"についての質問です。 閉店10分前 私: I'm so tired today. 彼: We're alomst there 10分後 彼 : Now we closed. So let's taking apart! 私 : 意味がわからずニコニコする。 そこへマネージャーが通りかかり マネージャー: What?! Don't taking apart, Phill!  (口調からは怒ってるように聞こえる。”なんてこと   いうの?”っていう感じでした。) 彼 : What's wrong! I just said we're taking apart! 以上です。この"Taking apart" はどのように解釈すると よいか分かる方いたら教えてください! 辞書をひいてみたけどいまいちしっくりきません。 もしかしたら Taking apartって聞こえただけで他の 単語なのかもしれないです。

• overrideの意味

When my (now adult) son was a teenager, my husband allowed him to have girls stay in his room, yet he would throw a fit if his sister (the mother of these girls we are talking about) even had a boy over watching a movie. He would actually call her derogatory names. Now we have a 16-year-old son, whom he lets do whatever he wants. I'm the only disciplinarian for him, but even then, my husband will override me. ここでのoverrideはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• more の意味しているところが不明

"She stayed playing with Diana more than half an hour more'n I gave her leave to; and now she's perched out there on the wood-pile talking to Matthew, nineteen to the dozen, when she knows perfectly well that she ought to be at her work."(Anne of Green Gables) 拙訳: 彼女は30分以上ダイアナと遊んでいた。私は彼女に((文脈的に)遊ぶ)許可を与えた。そして今彼女はまきの山に腰をかけて、ぺらぺらとマシューと話している。仕事をすべきという事を彼女がよくわかっている時間に。 more'n は more and の略だと思うんですが、この more は何を意味しているんでしょうか?

• not only but の使い片について

not only but を使うさい、形容詞どうしを比較している形をよくみます。 たとえば、 She is not only beautiful but sharp. 彼女は美しいだけでなく賢い。 この使い片は分かるのですが、 例えば、「彼女は美しいだけでなく、歌がうまい」というような、形容詞と節(句でしたっけ?)を比較することは出来るのでしょうか? 例えば、 She is not only beauty but singing well. は問題ないのでしょうか? または、 She doesn't only sing very well but her pronunciation is good! 彼女は歌がうまいだけでなく、発音もよい。 と書きたいのですが、あっていますでしょうか? こういう書き方が出来ない場合はどうすればいいのかも教えて頂けると助かります。 ついでにもう1つ質問させて下さい。 There is は物や人が「ある」という文章で使いますが、 それ以外のものには使えないということでしょうか? 例えば、ラッキーなことがあった。を there was a lucky happening. とはやはり書けないのでしょうか? これはどのように書くのでしょうか?

• 英語にして下さいm(._.)m

I would like a new one. But whatever you feel comfortable doing.に 『今撮れないから新しい写真は今度ね。これで我慢して。じゃぁ、仕事中だからまたね。』は英語でなんと言いますか? Well, I'm at work right now so see you.しかわかりません。(>_<)

• 添削お願いします。

英作文に添削お願いします。 I respect Ai Miyazato who is a prefessional golfer.There are several reasons for it. First, she has a lot of victories, because she is tough.She has won the 1st prize many times from junior high school student until present time.Second, she is good at not only golf but also English.She has taken place in American tour since 2006, so she has spent a lot of time in Amica.At first, she coudn't speak English well, but she can speak it well now.Third, she always care her fashion.She choose her clothes by herself.She has an eye, so she is fashionable.Fourth, she has her motto;"Where there is a will, there is a way."(意志あるところに道はある)This motto strikes to the heart, so I like it.She has her own mind. It is reason why she is tough.For these seasons, I respect Ai Miyazato very much, so I am going to continue supporting her.