• 締切済み

高校英語で3つ質問

1.以下の2文を同じ意味にする問題です。 He was so foolish that he missed the point. He was too foolish () () miss the point. 2.「君はそこでただ待っていればいい。」は、どちらが正しいですか。 There is nothing but to do wait for you. There is nothing but for you to do wait. 3.I went to the new shop to buy a sweater, but they had so many to choose from that I was completely at a loss. でなぜtheyという複数形になるんですかね。 この3つをどうか教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

回答No.2

再度失礼いたします。いえいえ、こちらこそ、変に失礼な指摘をしてしまったかと思ってちょっと心配してました。私は良く質問を読んで、答えが解ると即答えたくなってしまうんですね。それで前に他の回答者さんに“この様な質問に答えてはいけない”と指摘されてしまったので、“折角書いた質問を削除されちゃうのは可哀想”と思い、私も気をつけてご質問者さんに指摘をする様にした次第でございます。 さて、早速回答ですが、1の"not to"はそれでも正しいですし、"to not"でも正しいんですよ...もっと基本的な事を言うとアメリカ人にこれを確かめた所、そもそもこの文をこの様には言わないと言われてしまいました。 ですが、文中でこの例文の様に"not to"と"to not"両方を使う事はありますので、その説明が書いてあるファイルを探して添付して置きました。 参考になれば幸いです。

回答No.1

こんにちは。 1:前に別の質問者さんへの回答で、“英語をただ‘訳してください’”と言った様な丸投げ(?)の質問は削除の対象になると読みましたので、これも2番と3番のご質問の様に、一度ご質問者さんのお答えを記入してから“これであってますか?”と言う様なご質問をなさった方が良いかと思われます。(今すぐ答えたい気持ちは山々なのですが...) 2:どちらも間違いですね。 There is nothing (for you) to do but wait. "for you"は有っても無くても意味は通りますが、口語で無く、文章を訳すのであれば、有った方が良いですね。 3:お店と言うのは普通複数のスタッフで運営してますし、チェーン店の様に複数の店舗があるお店もありますので、ここは"they"となります。 参考になれば幸いです。

unitvector
質問者

補足

大変失礼しました。 1番は、(not)(to)が解答にあるので、それで正しい かどうか聞きたかったんです。 丸投げのような質問は以後気をつけます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の質問です! どうしても解けません(;_;) 

( )内の語句を並び替えて英文を完成させてください! (1)It was not ( driver / other / who / the / you / was / but ) responsible for the accident. (2)Does having pictures on a menu( to decide / what / make / easier / it )to other? (3)You ( be / gets / seem / seldom / that / the type / to ) sick. 訳:君は滅多に病気をしないタイプのようだ。 (4)He ( expected / I / last / person / see / the / to / was ) here. 訳:ここで彼に会うとは思ってもみなかった。 (5)The fact (nothing / was / to / has / employed / that / she / do ) with her academic background. 訳:彼女が雇われたことは彼女の学歴とは全く関係がありません。 (6)There ( any / hardly / him / is / making / of / possibility ) such a mistake. 訳:彼がそんな間違いをすることはまずありません。 (1)(2)に至っては訳なしです。お手数ですがお願いします(>_<)

• 次の文の解釈の仕方を教えてください

Though he's excited, there's nothing else for him to do but wait. 意味は、彼は、興奮していたが、待つ意外にできなかった。とありますが、わからない点は3つあります。 ・nothing else は、 他に何もないというニュアンスでいいですよね? ・この場合のbutは、副詞の用法で、”ほんの”とか”ただ”などのようにjustと似たニュアンスでいいですよね? ・to do but waitは、 一見、do と wait の二つ動詞があるように見えるが、実はwait は、待つことという名詞ですよね? 教えてください

• 英文の文法解釈願い

以下の3つの文章について回答お願いいたします。  1What evidence suggests the possible popularity of this program?  2There was nothing those injured people could do but park the car by the roadside and wait for some help.  3This work is very doficult for us finish,so we would appreciate (whatever help) you can give. 1What evidence suggests the possibleまでの訳はわかりますが、possible popularity of this programをこのプログラムが人気となる可能性と訳しているのですが、ここがわかりません。特に副詞のpopularityをofで修飾するのは問題ないですか? 2はThere was nothing those injured people could doを怪我をした人は何もできないと訳しているのですがThere was nothing to doとかならわかるのですが、There was nothingだけでなぜ「できることがない」と訳すのでしょうか?またThere was nothingとthose injured people をずらっとならべているだけな感じがするのですが、関係代名詞などをいれる必要はないですか? 3については()が選択肢の問題でhelp thatがあるのですが、これはなぜだめなのでしょう? お願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Walters is a man of few words. When asked by the press why he did it, he said: 'You can't just sit there.' When asked if he was scared, he answered:'Wonderfully so.' When asked if he would do it again, he said: 'No.' And asked if he was glad that he did it, he grinned said:'Oh,yes.' The human race sits in its chair.On the one hand is the message that says there's nothing left to do.And people like Larry Walters are busy tying balloons to their chairs, directed by dreams and imagination to realize them.

• butを使った否定の構文で分からない箇所があります

「彼がここに来るまで待つより仕方がない。」 "There is nothing for it but to wait until he gets here." 上記のbutを使った否定の構文ですが、分からない箇所が二つあります。 1) for it の役割は何でしょうか。 2) 上記の構文、および下記の構文においても (「彼は言われたようにせざるを得なかった。」) ("He had no choice but to do as he was told.") but は前置詞かと思ったのですが、 前置詞は不定詞を目的語にとることができないので、 but は前置詞ではないのでしょうか。

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Finding a new apartment is really slow but I am trying to do everything I can to make it go faster. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks again until I can continue the search because after I sent an application to one place, they said they need 1-2 weeks until they can actually receive it. But after that, I think I might be able to find someting quite soon.. It's a "more expensive" way of doing things, kind of. Before they let you move into one of their rental apartments there is a certain amount of money that you need to pay first. And because it is alot of money, not money people do it this way and that's why there should be more apartments available for me. It's about 15 000-20 000   but my parents said they can lend the amount to me, because they don't want me to borrow money from the banks. And this money is something I will get back if/when I move, so it's not like I would actually loose th ose 15000-20000  Q__Q Ah, I don't know if you understood, but yeah, Finland likes to complicate things. I still love you and miss you so much. And I don't think sending e-mails will change what I feel and think about you. But I'm sure that when we meet again in real life it will be ever better than before.

• 英語

1:I am sorry to have kept you () so long. (1)wait (2)to wait (3)waiting (4)waited 2:Don't you think advertisements sometimes () people to buy things they don't need? (1)let (2)make (3)have (4)cause 3:John's mother wanted to go shopping,so she asked him () his little brother while she was out.(1)if he looked after (2)he would look after (3)looking (4)to look after 4:I like his new house, but I hadn't expected it() so small. (1)be (2)of being (3)to be (4)to being 5:She was seen () into the teacher with her boyfriend. (1)go (2)going (3)gone (4)went 6:We often hear it () that ours is an essentially tragic age. (1)said (2)say (3)saying (4)to say 解答と訳をお願いします

• [英語] ()に当てはまる共通の1語を教えて下さい

1. He has more () than to go where he is not wanted. What is the () of spending so much money? 2. Education is a () of national concern. Is there anything the () with the engine? 3. It was greatly to his () that he refused the reward. May I have the (), .of dancing with you? 4. To do her (), she was a good-natured woman. All men should be treated with ().

• 英語の問題20問ありますが,よろしくお願いします。

英語の問題20問ありますが,よろしくお願いします。 (  )内から最も適切な語(句)を選んでください。 (1)He has been working(1.till,2.before,3.since)he finished school. (2)Strike(1.after,2.while,3.till)the iron is hot. (3)We were just about to go out,(1.since,2.when,3.before)it began to rain. (4)He did not come(1.before,2.since,3.until)the meeting was half over. (5)Tom cleans his teeth(1.before,2.until,3.by the time)he goes to bed. (6)Hardly had he arrived(1.that,2.when,3.after)he started complaining. (7)(1.Since,2.Until,3.Once)you begin, you must continue. (8)(1.For,2.If,3.Because)it was too cold, we didn’t stay outside long. (9)(1.Though,2.Before,3.Since)you can’t answer the question, we had better ask someone else. (10)(1.In case,2.Such that,3.Now)he is over sixty, he is going to retire. (11)He took a taxi(1.so that,2.such that,3.for fear that)he wouldn’t late for the meeting. (12)I’ll take an umbrella(1.so that,2.in order that,3.in case)it rains. (13)They are(1.so,2.such,3.too)good friends that they share all they have. (14)You won’t be in time(1.so long as,2.unless,3.though)you start at once. (15)You may stay here(1.as far as,2.as soon as,3.as long as)you keep quiet. (16)(1.But,2.As,3.Though)his left leg was broken, he went on walking. (17)Child(1.but,2.as,3.Even,4.if)he is, he can answer the question. (18)One group of children was quiet, (1.according as,2.while,3.as though)the second group was very noisy. (19)She became more and more beautiful(1.when,2.as,3.after)she grew up. (20)(1.Either,2.Even if,3.Whether)you like it or not, you’ll have to do it.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

some guy called me on Wednesday and said my friend had told him that I might be interested in some event.. But he didn't tell me what the event was about because he said he wants to talk to me about it in person.. So we decided to meet next weeks Wednesday. It sounded a bit suspicious so I invited a friend to go with me. But yesterday I found out he's my friends' boyfriend, so I'm not so worried anymore (^_^;) Yesterday was my parents' 25 year anniversary. Dad always sends mom roses if he's at work, but now he contacted me and said his internet at work is not working so he asked me to order 25 roses for mom and also send her a card with a romantic poem (in Spanish of course). And he only contacted me like 2 days before the anniversary day and I was really busy during those days Q__Q I managed to do everything though, but it was a bit strange to be looking for a love poem for my mom, lol. She's the one who could've gotten me a work placement in Tokyo but I refused it later. But now she said its good that I didnt take the job because they had some problems there and that its better for me to just find a company in Kansai area. And she said there was one company where she has connections to, so she will most likely help me with that. Yay (^O^)