quotesとnatural depthの意味とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 試合会場にマスコミが殺到したという部分なのですが、このfootage and quotesをどう解釈してよいのかわかりません。
  • 選手の映像とコメントを取ろうとしたという意味なのでしょうか。
  • また、以下の文章でnatural depthがどういうことを指しているのかわかりません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

quotesとnatural depthの意味を教えてください

はじめまして。以下はあるスポーツ選手についての記事です。 試合会場にマスコミが殺到したという部分なのですが、このfootage and quotesをどう解釈してよいのかわかりません。選手の映像とコメントを取ろうとしたという意味なのでしょうか。 ....the tournament site, where the clamor for footage and quotes was just as fierce. また、以下の文章でnatural depthがどういうことを指しているのかわかりません。 His strength has always been his athleticism and footwork. He also has great racquet head speed, good anticipation, court sense, natural depth, and has never been afraid to hit the ball. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mickeyzz
  • ベストアンサー率49% (234/471)
回答No.2

おはようございます。 選手の映像とコメントを取ろうとしたという意味なのでしょうか。 >>> 上手に訳されました。 natural depthがどういうことを指しているのかわかりません。>>> 私はテニスをやりませんが、見るのは好きです。 He also has great racquet head speed, good anticipation, court sense, natural depth, and has never been afraid to hit the ball. 上記の箇所はすべて、その選手の打球・返球の技術を説明していると考えられます。 従って、natural depth と彼が深く返球する素質をそなえている、すなわちバック・ラインいっぱいに打ち返すことを言っていると思います。バック・ラインすれすれに返球されると、相手はバック・ラインの相当後方に位置して打ち返さなければならないので、返球しにくくドロップ・ショットなどをされる危険があります。 ご参考まで

thirdround
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 深く返球する素質を備えている....そういえば、その選手はよくドロップショットを放ち、相手選手を翻弄しています。これでスッキリしました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.3

最初の文だけです、 the tournament site, where the clamor for footage and quotes was just as fierce. footage = 撮影画像,撮影映像 quote = 引用すべき言葉→その選手のコメント 「pictures and comments」では極めつけの陳腐フレーズだと感じていた記者の(非ネイティブには分かり難いこと極まりない)言い換えです

thirdround
質問者

お礼

googleで検索してみますと、「footage and quotes 」で何件かヒットしました。ご回答ありがとうございます。

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

>選手の映像とコメントを取ろうとしたという意味なのでしょうか。 そのとおりです。 >natural depthがどういうことを指しているのかわかりません。 「持ち前の深み」と考えるのが自然です。ただし、実在の人物の場合、その人物の人となりなど詳細を確認してみないと、なんともいえません。

thirdround
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 実在の人物についての記事なのですが、その人物の人となりなどから判断することもあるんですね。勉強になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 「それはテストされ動作しています」の英訳

「それはテストされ動作しています」の英訳として正しいのは以下のうちどれでしょうか? また、もっと正しい言い方があれば教えてください。 中古品の商品説明として使用したいと思っています。 It has been tested and works. It has been tested and is works. It has been tested and is working. よろしくお願いいたします。

• xpにて

ファイルを開こうとするといきなりブルー画面になり A problem has been detected and windows has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.~以下略 STOP 0x0000007E(0XC0000005、0XBFC348000、0XA156650C、0XA1566208)~以下略 こんなエラーメッセージがでます。 どうすればよろしいでしょうか?

• toについておしえて下さい。

以下の英文の中にある「to」が何のためにあるのかわかりません。この「to」がなぜ必要なのか、どなたか教えてください。お願いします。 The temper of steel can be determined only after its composition has been analyzed and the forging temperature to which it has been subjected has been measured accurately.

• 英文の訳

Where no previous measurement has been performed, direct measurement constitutes the natural process of trying to understand entities and the attributes they possess. 最後のthey processがどこにかかるのか分かりません。どなたかご教授お願いします。

• in anticipation

My older brother and I are both in our mid-30s and have not gotten along for 20 years. He has been verbally, psychologically and at times physically abusive toward me. He has a ferocious temper, and if I say anything he doesn't like, he lambastes me. I try to avoid him, but since the birth of my nephew (the cutest baby ever), that is not always possible. I like his wife and adore my nephew. Before a visit, I have trouble sleeping at night. I feel anxious and dread the hours passing in anticipation. dread the hours passing in anticipationはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味がつかめません。

以下、ごく簡単な文章なのですが恥ずかしながら: The reports portray a dysfunctional organization that has been riddled with conflicts of interest, unprofessional behavior and a free-for-all atmosphere for much of the Bush administration’s watch. の ”atomosphere for much of the Bush administration's watch”の意味がつかめません。ご教示御願いいたします。 それ以外は: それらの報告は利害の対立、専門家らしからぬ振る舞い、ブッシュ政権の”ーーーー”何をしても構わない気風が充満した機能不全の組織をえがきだしている。 という事だと思っています。

• 英文訳お願いします

To date no studies have reported the effects on gait and balance in the frail elderly of a combined strengthening and aerobic exercise program .Because lower extremity muscle strength has been correlated with falls, and both muscle strength and Vo2 max have been correlated with gait velocity , we considered a logical intervention to be a combined moderate to high-intentity weight training and aerobic exercise program . Accordingly , we have conducted a clinical trial of lower extremity strengthening and aerobic training in deconditioned male nursing home residents actually are candidates for a moderate to high-intensity exercise program? Can deconditioned elderly subjects participate in and complete such a program? Will the participates increase their strength and exercise capacity? Do their mobility, gait and balance scores improve? 訳してくださる方お願いします…

• 意味を大雑把にで構わないので教えてください!!なん

意味を大雑把にで構わないので教えてください!!なんとなく理解は出来るのですが自信がありまでん.... World Topic Writing Assignment 1: Write a 2-page research paper (essay) giving a status report on the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) #2 and #3 which call for universal primary education (MDG #2) and the elimination of gender disparity in primary and secondary education (MDG #3) by the end of 2015. What has been done to achieve these goals? Will these goals be reached by the deadline? If not, why. And how close will they actually come? You can learn about the UN Girls Education Initiative (UNGEI) by clicking HERE, and about the MDGs by clicking HERE. Of course, you will need to do more research than the above links provide. These are just to get you started. Please remember, your work must be original. You are encouraged to include short quotes and examples to support your thesis, but you must cite (reference) your sources. And remember, never use Wikipedia- it is not a primary source for information.

• in all its forceの訳しかた

以下のパラグラフで、最後の文章のなかにあるin all its force の訳し方に困っています。どなたかわかる方がいらっしゃいましたらお教え願えないでしょうか? Economy holds for its follower, strength, endurance, vigilance, and capacity to achieve. It bestows great power on him who leans it well. Who has realized in all its force the supreme strength of Economy?

• 海外通販(英国)での返信メール

お世話になります。 英国の海外通販で、商品発送の通知が送られてこないため、確認を行ったところ、以下のようなメールが送られてきました。 Your order has not yet been dispatched, once this has you will receive an e-mail to confirm and which courier has been used for delivery. 翻訳サービスなどで翻訳してみて、処理がされていなさそうなのはわかるのですが、意味がよくわからず困っております。翻訳していただけないでしょうか。また、どう対処したらよいでしょうか? よろしく、お願いします。