• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

詩の解釈

Edna St. Vincent Millayの"If Still Your Orchards Bear"という詩の解釈ができなくて困っています。 訳ができる方、もしくは内容の解釈ができる方はお願いします。 Brother, that breathe the August air Ten thousand years from now, And smell --- if still your orchards bear Tart apples on the bough --- The early windfall under the tree, And see the red fruit shine, I cannot think your thoughts will be Much different from mine. Should at that moment the full moon Step forth upon the hill, And memories hard to bear, By moonlight harder still, Form in the shadows of the trees, --- Things that you could not spare And live, or so you thought, yet these Are gone, and you still there, A man no longer what he was, Nor yet the thing he'd planned, The chilly apple from the grass Warmed by your living hand --- I think you will have need of tears; I think they will not flow; Suppposing in ten thousand years Men ache, as they do now.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数144
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • Horus
  • ベストアンサー率14% (78/528)

(^^;( 何か暗い。林檎はすっぱいから嫌い。でもアップルパイにするとおいしい。そろそろ青林檎の出てくる季節。あれって意外に甘いのだけど、どうして?)   「千年後の林檎」  今より千年の後  八月の息吹を吸う兄弟よ  まだ君の果樹園は生きているか  ならば、匂いがするだろう  早すぎた風が枝を振るう  木下に落ちた酸っぱいりんご  赤い果実の光るのが見えているだろうか  私の気持ちがわかるだろうか  そんなに君と変わらないのだよ  ああ、思い出が薄れる  満月が丘の上に進む  月の光がまぶしい  もう憶えていられない  樹々の影の中に  映える形は無くてはならぬもの  それで、生きていける、と思う  でも、無くなる。それでも君は居る  人はもう彼のような人で無くなった  また彼が望んだようにでもない  草の上の冷たい林檎は  生きた手から熱を奪うのだ  君は泣きたいのだろう  でも、流れる涙が無い  千年の後も人は苦しみ  省みれば、今もまた

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

回答ありがとうございます。 とっても参考になりました。 やっぱり、詩は難しいですね・・ これはご自分で訳をなさったのでしょうか? 冬は林檎の季節。 私は蜜入りがスキです(^_^)

関連するQ&A

• 数学の問題です。(英語)

数学の問題です。誰か解き方を教えてください。 Question 1 If the average temperature of the earth t years from now is predicted to be T(x)=65-4/t (for t ≥8),find T’(10) and T”(10),and interpret your answers. Question 2 If $1000 is deposited in a bank paying r% interest compounded annually, 5 years later its value will be V(r)=1000(1+0.01r) ^5 dollars. Find V’(6) and interpret your answers. Question 3 A company that makes games for teenage children forecasts that the teenage population in the United States x years form now will be P(x)=12,000,000x-12,000x+600x^2+100x^3 Find the rate of change of the teenage population: a, x years from now. b, 1 years and 10 year from now and interpret your answer.

• 英語の詩の表現について

どうしてもわからない表現があるので教えて下さい。 ある一遍の詩の中で、このような表現が出てきます。 When I was one-and twenty (A shropshire lad XIIIより) Now,of my threescore years and ten,twenty will not come again, (A Shropshire lad IIより) 本当は全文が理解しづらいのですが、この一部分でもわかれば・・・と思いました。どうぞよろしくお願いします<m(__)m>

• この英語を日本語へ翻訳お願いします。

なんとなくは分かるのですが、知らない単語があり的確に訳せません...。 お力添えお願いします。 don't think that way .... i understand your situation . i know how it feet to be in that type of situation . here is something to make you feel better . don't worry i still think that you are a wonderful person and thank you! for be in honest .... i respect you ... now think about this " ( That me think that you are the best person in the world and is happy for the way you are! ) " and only think about it all day so you feel better

• 英語を日本語へ翻訳して貰えますか?

日本語の勉強をしている外国人のメル友からきたメールです。 いつも日本語でやりとりしているので、英語だとほとんど理解できません。 お恥ずかしいですが、日本語へ訳してください。 i am happy that you recover and list a little . i always will be sweet and kind to you ... and went your feel sad i be there making you feel happy ..well for now i be in the digital world ,so went you feel sad only email me .. i will warm your heart and make you feel happy i know that we still met you yet in person .but i feel that you are a sweet and kind person i always will to my best to make you happy went you feel sad i big Chu... for the best person in the world ... that is you Hanako.

• 英語和訳お願いします。

Is Bill still using your car? Yes, I wonder when he will return it. It's our wedding anniversary next Tuesday, and by then we will have been married for ten years.

• この英文の解釈に関しまして

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [UK, adult版]p286上の方の文に関してです。 マクゴナガル先生が「消失呪文は出現呪文よりも簡単だけど、OWLでテストされるものの中では一番難しい魔法の一つです」と説明している文です。 'These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until NEWT level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your OWL.' (ここで、TheseはVanishing Spellsを指しています。) ここで、”they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your OWL.”とあるのですが、なぜこの英文で”OWLでテストされるものの中では一番難しい魔法の一つです”という訳になるのでしょうか? 私なら、 "they are still one of the most difficult among magic you will be tested on in your OWL" としてしまいそうです。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 詩を和訳してください!

アルフレッド・エドワード・ハウスマンというひとの 詩ですが、詩なだけに、イマイチ理解できません。 わかりやすい和訳になおしてもらえますでしょうか? AS THROUGH THE WILD GREEN HILLS OF WYRE As through the wild green hills of Wyre The train ran , changing sky and shire, And far behind, fading crest, Low in the forsaken west Sank in the high-reared head of Clee, My hand lay enpty on my knee. Aching on my knee it lay: That morning half a shire away So many an honest fellow's fist Hand well-nigh wrung it from the wrist. Hand, said I, since now we part From fields and men we know by heart, For strangers' faces, strangers lands,--- Hand,you have held true fellows' hands, Be clean then;rot before you do A thing they'd not believe of you. You and I must keep from shame In London streets the Shropshire name; Severn breeds worse men than they; And friends abroad must bear in mind Friends at home they leave behind. Oh, I shall be stiff and cold When I forget you, hearts of gold; The land where I shall mind you not Is the land where all's forgot. And if my foot returns no more To Teme nor Corve nor Severn shore, Luck,my lads,be with you still By falling stream and standing hill, By chiming tower and whispering tree, Men that made a man of me. About your work in town and farm Still you'll keep my heand from harm, Still you'll help me,hands that grave A grasp to friend me to the grave.

• pay your dues

(about career path) But, when you think about where you could be in five years, you still have an interest. You can see a path forward, a job that will come your way, or a change in circumstance that happens after you pay your dues, and you feel good about it. Then you are OK, and can chalk job dissatisfaction up to a rough patch, a bad moment, or part of learning on the job. ここでの pay your duesとchalk job dissatisfaction up to a rough patchの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• この解釈であってますか?

「いい人は、いつだって早死にするものだ」の後に続く文です。 You should try and be very hurtful to the ones you love and you will guaranteed at least another 30 years. あなたが大事な人にとって、とてもひどいものであるということを 試すべきだ。 少なくても、あと30年間は保証される。(少なくても、あと30年間生きればわかる) 稚拙な訳でお恥ずかしい…。 どうぞよろしくお願いします!

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 On the day you meet he will impress you, and in the days and hours afterwards he will haunt you. That is the only word for it. He will make an impact on the depth of your being that barely registers, except that in the time that follows you will not be able to think of any man but him.. He will seem striking, alluring in some way that you cannot fathom, and which has nothing to do with his looks, as though a chord is struck in your deeper soul, or the innermost chambers of your being. You will recognize him, not only from the description, which is in a sense quite bland, but something inside of you will be mesmerized. All day and days afterwards he will have stamped his indelible impression on your mind and you’ll keep thinking back to him, to the meeting, to the man, to the warm kindling feeling inside of you. Like a curtain of a dream it will drop across you life. It will be that mystical, that beautiful, yet real and solid too.