英語長文和訳のポイントとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文の長文和訳でコンマが複数ある場合の訳し方のポイントについて教えてください。
  • 生物学的な観点から見ると、バクテリアを含む菌類は植物として分類されています。
  • クロロフィルを持たないが、化学的なトリックを使って驚くべきことができる菌類についても触れています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語 長文和訳

下記の長文ようなものの場合、複数のコンマで句切ってあるとどのように訳したらよいか分からなくなってしまいます。訳し方のコツなどありましたら教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 It is largely this difference in food habit that leads biologists to include the great group of fungi,including bacteria,among plants,since these organisms do not possess chlorophyll,though they are capable of some astonishing chemical trick. とりあえず自分で和訳したものです。出来れば正確な訳を教えていただきたいです。 『それらはいくらかの驚くべき科学的な行いができるが、これらの生物はクロロフィルを所有していないので、バクテリアを含んだ、植物の中に、重要な菌類を含めることを生物学者に導くのは主にこの食習慣の違いである。』

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

include the great group of fungi,including bacteria,among plantsの部分ですが、the great group of fungi をplants の中に含める、ということで、 ,indluding bacteria, の挿入部分は前のthe great group of fungi にかかりますので、「バクテリアも含めて菌類という大きなグループを、植物の中に含める」ということになります。 >since these organisms do not possess chlorophyll,though they are capable of some astonishing chemical trick. この部分の訳ですが、these organisms=they ですから、「これらの生物は驚くべき科学的なワザが出来るが、葉緑素は所有していないのだから」と主語を1回ですませてしまった方がスッキリするでしょう。 全体を通して訳すと: 生物学者が、バクテリアを含む菌類という大きなグループを植物の中に含めるに至ったのは、主にこの食習慣の違いのためである。なぜなら、これらの生物は驚くべき科学的なワザが出来るが、葉緑素は所有していないのだから。 と文を2つにしてしまえば分かりやすいでしょう。 前の文が分からないのでなんですが、おそらく動物と植物との分類について書かれていて、葉緑素がないにもかかわらず菌類を植物の方に入れたのは食習慣の違いのためだ、という流れではないでしょうか。

lararara
質問者

お礼

非常に分かりやすい丁寧な回答して下さりありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Now perhaps 400,000 remain. Loss of the elephant, nearly everyone agrees, would be tragic.Even worse, say scientists, would be the loss of smaller, often microscopic species.'It's the tiny species that really run the planet,' says Dr.Thomas Lovejoy, a conservationist.'Bacteria make digestion possible. Fungi give us penicillin and other medicines. Grass and other plants contribute oxygen.Worms and white ants are nature's recyclers.'

• 英文和訳をしましたが,しっくりしません.どなたか添削してください.お願

英文和訳をしましたが,しっくりしません.どなたか添削してください.お願いします. Newly Uncovered Enzymes Turn Corn Plant Waste into Biofuel Cellulose-loving fungi can cut biofuel costs by enabling existing corn ethanol plants to process cheaper, woody feedstocks such as corn stover June 22, 2009 By Steven Ashley "Visualize three tons of moldy bread." It's not the most appealing image, perhaps, but it's a description of the moist mound of growth media tended by bioscientist Cliff Bradley and his partner, chemical engineer Bob Kearns at their biofuel facility in Butte, Mont., that could help cut ethanol costs at the fuel pump. Selected soil fungi that eat cellulose-the hard-to-digest, structural component of woody plants-thrive on the big pile of putrefaction from which Bradley and Kearns harvest certain powerful enzymes. The special enzymes allow standard biofuel plants to produce ethanol at lower cost by replacing some of the high-priced corn (starch) they process with cheaper corn stover "waste"-the leaves, stalks, husks and cobs of the maize plant itself. 新しく発見された酵素は常用低木廃棄物をバイオ燃料に変える.セルロースを好む菌類は,トウモロコシわらのような木質の供給原料の,既存のコーンエタノール工場のコストをより安くさせることによりバイオ燃料のコスト切り下げができる.     2009.6.22 スティーブン アシュレイ 3トンのかび臭いパンを想像すると,それは最も興味をそそるイメージではない.しかし,生科学者クリント・ブレンディーと彼の仲間の化学技師ボブ・ケーランスによりモンタナ州,ヒューストンの彼らの生物燃料設備(基地)で育てられた増殖培地の湿った小山の記述(解説)である.そして,それは燃料ポンプのエタノールのコストを切り下げることを助けるだろう.木本諸物(木質の葉をもつ植物)の構成成分の消化しにくいセルロースを分解する土壌菌類は,大きな尖った葉の腐敗作用で成長する.木本植物(木質の葉を持つ植物)の構成成分の消化しにくいセルロースを分解する(選ばれた)土壌菌類からブラッドレーとケーレンは確実な力の酵素を収穫した. この特別な酵素は,より安いトウモロコシの家畜用飼料(屑),葉,茎,トウモロコシそれ自身の殻およびトウモロコシの穂軸で,高価なコーンスターチにとって変わることによって,より安いエタノールを製造するための標準生物燃料工場を可能にする.

• 翻訳(英語→日本語)お願いします

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳せる方いないでしょうか? 特にこの3ワードはわかりません、バクテリアみたいなのですがよろしくお願いします。 「Paenibacillus 、 Verrucomicrobium sp、GD」 Xanthan and gellan are found in food,cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. Isolating key degrading bacteria revealed the important role of genus Paenibacillus in xanthan degradation and prosthecate bacterium Verrucomicrobium sp. GD,which was capable of gellan utilization. Further tests performed with both strains showed that they were able to degrade other types of carbohydrate polymers,and that Verrucomicrobium sp. GD did not possess extracellular free gellan depolymerase.

• 長めの英文、和訳確認おねがいします。

こんにちはっ。英語の質問は2度めです。 今回も確認に、訳す順番とか、ポイントをご教授いただきたいです。^^ 過去問なのでちょっと長いのですが…。 In the past decade or two, the study of behavior has begun to narrow the gap between the realms of biology and psychology. Behaviorial phenomena such as learning and memory in simple organisms are beginning to be understandable in terms of biological processes within nerve cells, while psychological concepts such as "choice" and "discrimination" are being used by biologists to organize and describe behavior at the level of systems of cells, and even in the single-celled bacterium. これを訳すだけで30分以上かかってしまいました…。 単語を調べるのに時間がかかってしかたないです。 ◆自分で訳すと…。(正答じゃないです) 2~10年前、行動研究は生物学と心理学の分野の狭い間で始められた。 単純な組織にある学習と記憶のような行動現象は、神経細胞内の生物学的過程の間柄で理解されはじめた。 「識別」と「選択」のような心理学的概念は、生物学的組織と細胞組織の水準の行動であると言われている。 そして、バクテリアの単細胞にあるともされている。 …に、なってしまうんです。もう後半なんか滅茶苦茶で。 decade or twoも不明です。 最後のevenはどういう意味で使われているのでしょうか? 一番後ろの文章(even~からうしろ)が前のほうに(主語のほうに)持っていかれるのかな。 ◆自信のない補足◆ the study of behavior=行動研究 single-celled=単細胞(?) bacterium=バクテリア スペルミスがありませんように…。今日中にお返事します。^^ よろしければ解説や、和訳だけでもよろしくおねがいいたします♪

• 科学論文翻訳の添削のお願い その9

8103875の続きです.おもしろそう(生きたまま電子顕微鏡で動物を観察する技術)なので読み始めましたが,特に,(4),(6),(7)はかなりいい加減に訳しました.どなたか添削をお願いします. 因みにA thin polymer membrane, nano-suit, enhancing survival across the continuum between air and high vacuum という論文です. (1)Following this success, we examined whether plasma irradiation could be used routinely to protect other organisms against high vacuum. (1)以下に示す成功は,我々は プラズマ照射が 高真空に対し,他の生物を保護するのために規定通りに(日常的に)使用されたかどうか検討した. (2)Because organisms with no obvious ECS could not be protected, we looked for amphiphilic molecules that could mimic natural ECS. (2)なぜなら,明確にECSのない生物は保護されなかった,我々は 自然のECSを模倣した両親媒性分子を探した. (3)We discovered that a simple Tween 20 solution (Fig. 3A) could be used to protect multicellular organisms from high vacuum. (3)我々は高い圧力由来の多細胞生物に使用することができるTween20のみで構成される水溶液(図3A)を開発した. (4)Mosquito larvae that survived in vacuo wearing an artificially applied nano-suit represent one report of artificial enhancement to the surface layer (Fig. 2O). (4)生き残った蚊の幼虫が表層を強化するための人工的な(ものの)一つの報告は,真空中の着るために人工的に塗布された(応用された)ナノスーツを示す(図20)           (5)From the biomimetic point of view, our findings were successful in protecting the animal from the deleterious effects of high vacuum. (5)生体模倣の観点から,我々の発見は高真空の有害な影響から動物を守ることに関して成功している (6)However, further study will be needed for other kinds of organisms, including single cells and tissues, using different chemicals or combinations. (6)しかしながら,続報は,他の薬剤あるいは他の(薬剤の)組合せを使用した単細胞及び細胞組織を含めて他の種類の動物に関して必要だろう. 意味:しかしながら,他の薬剤あるいは(薬剤の)組合せを使用した単細胞及び細胞組織を含め,他の種類の動物に関する研究が必要とされる.→ ~の点の研究が不足している. (7)Multicellular organisms originally possess their own ECSs (e.g.,biofilms of microbes, ECS of insect larva, and surfactants of the vertebrate lung). (7)多細胞生物はもともと,彼らのECSs(例えば,微生物の生体膜,,昆虫の幼虫のECSおよび脊椎動物の肺の界面活性剤)を有している 

• 我々は誰なのか調べる(2)

続きです。今回のは言い回しが分からないのが多くご迷惑おかけいたしております。 (1)the most common cause for exclusion of people from the HMP was chronic gum disease, a condition that is increasingly regarded as 'normal' in developed countries. HMPからの人々の除外をするための一般的な理由は先進国における正常であると徐々に考えられ始めている慢性歯周病疾患の存在のためである。 と訳してみました。いかがでしょうか。 (2)Many areas of human-microbiome research warrant further investigation, but viruses and small non-bacterial organisms such as fungi deserve special attention, as do questions regarding the functions of the microbiome. We are essentially blind to many of the services that our microbial ecosystems provide ― and on which our health depends ― and investigators desperately need new approaches for studying interactions between menbers of the microbail community and their human hosts. 多くのヒトと微生物群ゲノムの研究の分野が更なる調査を是認するが、ウイルスや菌類などの小さい非微生物性生物は微生物群ゲノムの昨日に関する問題を行う上で特別な注意を要する。我々は我々の微生物の生態系が我々の健康維持においても提供する多くのサービスを必然的に関連付ける。そして微生物群とそれらのヒト宿主の数との相互関係を研究するための新しい手法を必死に必要とする。 ダッシュに混乱して訳が分かりません。どこで区切っていいのかと文章の意図することまで把握できませんでした。 (3)As huttenhower and colleagues suggest, the fact that some of the microbiome's functions are likely to be performed by rare community members or to involve genes that are expressed at low levels will further complicate attempts to decipher their influence. huttenhowerらが示唆したように、微生物群ゲノムのいくつかはまれな共同体メンバーによって機能が果たされるもしくは低いレベルにおいて発現された遺伝子が関連する可能性があり、この事実ははこの影響を示すための試みをさらに複雑なものにするであろう。 でよいのでしょうか。 (4)To what degree are such factors intrinsic to the microorganisms, related to the host, or, indeed, stochastic? このような微生物への要素内在性の宿主への関連性の度合い、そして実際に確率的な度合いはどれほdのものなのか? 言いたいことは何となくつかめましたが訳の順番などが分かりませんし適切な訳が出来る自信がありません。今回はor の連続に四苦八苦した感じでした。 長くなりますがご教授お願い申し上げます。

• 英語の長文和訳。

英語が得意な人が居ましたら、 和訳をお願いします。 I'm glad that I can talk to you about my life here in Texas. I can't believe that about Three months have already passed since I came. Every day has been so exciting for me. I have always been interested in America. I began to study English when I was ten years old. Since then I have wanted to be able to speak English well. Soon after exciting high school in Japan. I hoped to go to America. So I studied very hard. At last my dream came true and I arrived in Texas. I have made so many friends through living and studying here in America. Last week one of my friends, Kate, invited me to dinner. Her parents went to Japan last lear. She showed me some pictures they took to remember their trip. At dinner, Kate's mother asked me about Japanese cooking. She said, "I hear that tofu is very healthy, but I don't know many ways to cook it. Maki, could you tell me a few different ways to cook it?" putting tofu in miso soup was the only way I could think of. later, Kate's father asked me about haiku. He said,"I hear that haiku was born in Japan. Would you tell me about Japanese haiku?" I couldn't tell him about haiku because I don't remember anything I learned about it. After dinner, we talked about our towns. Kate asked me the population of mine, but I couldn't answer that question,either. I was surprised to be asked questions like those. Before coming here, I read a lot of books about America, not Japan. My friends here want to know about Japan as much as I want to know about America. I never thought of that before. I now understand that it is important to learn about one's own country and to be able to talk about it. 以上です。 誤字や脱字があったらすみません。 和訳、宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の長文を和訳して頂けないでしょうか。

以下の文章を和訳したいのですが、添削して頂けないでしょうか。 わからないところは飛ばしてあります。 アプリと地図を結びつける(?)アプリサイトから来たメールです。 I'm Alberto Roman, Founder and CEO of Mapplas. 私はMapplasの創設者でCEOのアルバートロマンです。 We have developed a Location Aware App Search Engine that shows great local apps around you. Our algorithm has positioned your app ○○○. 我々のアルゴリズムは、あなたのアプリである○○○を We have a State of the Art algorithm, but nothing is perfect… and you know better than a machine where your app is meaningful, that is why in our web you can check your apps and position them where you think they are more relevant. 我々は芸術的なアルゴリズムの  を持っていますが、どれ一つ完璧ではありません… そして、あなたの そういった訳で、当サイトであなたはあなたのアプリをチェックしたり、   Just register at our platform with your Google Play Support email at http://mapplas.com/accounts/register/ http~のアドレスにあなたのGooglePlayのメールを送って、我々のプラットフォームに 登録してください。 Even if you cannot see it from the user area, your app has been positioned. あなたがそれをユーザーの地域から見られなくとも、あなたのアプリは What you can do is modify it so it is more precise, or correct it in case our position is not right. あなたができることは、それを修正し、より正確にすること、または、我々の  が正しくない場合に、それを修正することです。 In this case, we will delete the position that our algorithm provided us and we will activate your own. この場合私たちは、私たちのアルゴリズムが我々に供給している  を削除し、あなた自身を 有効化します。 At this moment we only have Android apps available. 今現在、我々は利用可能なAndroidアプリのみを持っています。 We are partnering with operators and device makers to implement our search capabilities. 我々は、我々の調査能力を実行するために、オペレーターやデバイスメーカーと協力しています。 It is time to be discovered, we want to give visibility to the 98 percent of apps that have less than 50.000 downloads 発見される時が来ました。我々はダウンロードが5万以下のアプリの98%に可視性を与えたいのです。 以上、ちょっと長いですが、何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語の長文、和訳お願いします

I remember a lesson I learned from my dad on a warm spring day many years ago in northern Minnesota. As we fished for tront on the Prairie River, my attention was drawn to a flight of geese heading north to their summer home in Canada. My youthful curiosity aroused, I asked my dad why the geese were flying in a "V" formation. He said geese fly in formation because they can travel up to 30 percent faster in formation than if they fly individually. Each goose was flying independently, and yet they were all flying together. The formation's structure gave them the extra speed. The formation also meant that there was always a goose that led the entire group. They also knew where they were going. They had a goalーtheir summer home in Canada. You have never heard of a flight of geese giving up and stopping in Kansas. They also reach their goal.

• 英語 長文 和訳

英語が苦手で、中でも特に長文が苦手です。勉強して前に比べれば少しは読めるようになりましたが、未だにミスリードは結構あります。設問の中ではとりわけ日本語訳にするのが毎回酷いです。 例えば、 Whatever I have been asked whether I would experiment on myself, I have had to explain how, even if the many technical obstacles could be overcome, and a mini-me could be born without risk,the answer would be the same. という文を日本語に訳しなさい、という問題があった時に、 1、複合関係代名詞、複合関係副詞がうまく訳せない。 2、挿入句がうまく訳せない。 3、今回の問題にはありませんが、疑問文や間接疑問文などが指示された文中にあった場合、大抵答えの訳と自分の日本語訳との順番が違う。 他にも問題はありますが、いつも躓いてしまうのはここです。 ちなみに、自分で訳してみたら、 私が自分で実験をしないのかどうかと問われた時はいつでも、たとえ多くの技術的障害が克服され、私のクローンが無事に生まれてきたとしても、その答えは同じになるだろう。 となったのですが、I have had to explain how をどこに入れればいいのかいまいちよくわからず結局訳を抜いてしまいました・・・。 訳すときのコツや、あとどこを勉強すればいいのか、わかりやすく教えて頂ければ嬉しいです。チャート見たんですがいまいちよく理解できなくて・・・。 宜しくお願いします!