• 締切済み

英語 長文 和訳

英語が苦手で、中でも特に長文が苦手です。勉強して前に比べれば少しは読めるようになりましたが、未だにミスリードは結構あります。設問の中ではとりわけ日本語訳にするのが毎回酷いです。 例えば、 Whatever I have been asked whether I would experiment on myself, I have had to explain how, even if the many technical obstacles could be overcome, and a mini-me could be born without risk,the answer would be the same. という文を日本語に訳しなさい、という問題があった時に、 1、複合関係代名詞、複合関係副詞がうまく訳せない。 2、挿入句がうまく訳せない。 3、今回の問題にはありませんが、疑問文や間接疑問文などが指示された文中にあった場合、大抵答えの訳と自分の日本語訳との順番が違う。 他にも問題はありますが、いつも躓いてしまうのはここです。 ちなみに、自分で訳してみたら、 私が自分で実験をしないのかどうかと問われた時はいつでも、たとえ多くの技術的障害が克服され、私のクローンが無事に生まれてきたとしても、その答えは同じになるだろう。 となったのですが、I have had to explain how をどこに入れればいいのかいまいちよくわからず結局訳を抜いてしまいました・・・。 訳すときのコツや、あとどこを勉強すればいいのか、わかりやすく教えて頂ければ嬉しいです。チャート見たんですがいまいちよく理解できなくて・・・。 宜しくお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• shingo5k
  • ベストアンサー率33% (123/366)
回答No.3

Whenever I have been asked whether I would experiment on myself, I have had to explain how the answer would be the same. と言う文が基本にあり、それに even if the many technical obstacles could be overcome, and a mini-me could be born without risk が挿入されています https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.english.usage/IRWEvFMuzw4

回答No.2

hanon775さん、はじめまして。 ハタケ カカシと申します。 私は現役の中学校英語科教諭で十年以上のキャリアを誇りますが、まず「英語嫌い」になる生徒に限って「This is・・・」の時点で英語を放棄してしまうことが分かって参りました。 何故だかわかりますか? hanon775さんの例文を拝見しましたところ、おそらく有名進学高校生か、大学受験を控えておられる身分の方かとおみうけしましたが、要は中学生と一緒、『英文法の配列』にこだわりすぎるのです。 私は彼らに常ずね言います。「英語は漫才と一緒」と。 漫才はまず、フリがあって、それをツッコミが尋ねるとボケが応える。 これこそが「英語の奥義」ののです。 簡単な例を紹介しましょう。 「オレ、持ってんねん。」(フリ)「何持ってんねん」(ツッコミ)「犬を」(ボケ) これを英訳すると、 I have(オレ、持ってんねん) a dog.(犬を) 私が結局何が言いたいかというと、貴殿が悩んでいることはしょせん小さなことであって、おそらく大学入試までしか通用しないこと、「英語の基本」は常に上記に書いたようにeasyであることを知っておいていただきたかったからです。 何故私がここまで言いきれるのかというと、私は関西の某大学の英語学を専攻し、在学中に英検準1級まで合格しましたが、卒業後就職した企業でドイツ現地法人に海外赴任人なった時、ビジネスは英語でしたが、留学経験もなかったので相手の言っていることは分かるのですが、初めの三か月間は全く話せませんでした。 そして、中学生レベルの会話から始め、間違っても構わずに(結構、相手は聞いてくれます)積極的に話しました。とにかく、必死でした。 そのご、シンガポール、香港、アメリカと5年間渡り歩いてきましたが、そのくにぐにで、またその土地々で「英語」は常にへんかしました。アメリカのニューオーリンズなどスラングでこちらの「クィーンズイングリッシュ」が通じなかったくらいです。 ある黒人など、「I money no!!!」とか叫んでました(笑) だ・か・ら・・・ 1、複合関係代名詞、複合関係副詞がうまく訳せない。 2、挿入句がうまく訳せない。 3、今回の問題にはありませんが、疑問文や間接疑問文などが指示された文中にあった場合、大抵答えの訳と自分の日本語訳との順番が違う。 他にも問題はありますが、いつも躓いてしまうのはここです なーんて悩まないでさ、ほら、もっと Take it easy anytime! You con do anything I think so from the bottom in my heart!!! でないと、ほんとうに「英語スパイラル」にはまってしまうヨ?!(笑) では以上で本日の講義は終了いたします。 また何かあれば連絡ください。

• sknuuu
  • ベストアンサー率43% (408/934)
回答No.1

訳すのが難しければ、訳さないで理解するようにしたほうがいいです 訳すのは時間の無駄です 日本語の助けを借りるのはしょうがないとして、ただし日本語に訳せないから英文を理解できないというのは本末転倒です だから、できるだけ英語だけで理解できるように努力したほうがいいです Whatever I have been asked whether I would experiment on myself, I have had to explain how the answer would be the same. even if 以下の2文(節)は訳さなくてもあまり大勢に影響はないです できるだけ手を抜く方法を考えた方がいいと思います(苦手であればなおさら) >I have had to explain how をどこに入れればいいのかいまいちよくわからず結局訳を抜いてしまいました・・・ 別にいいのではないでしょうか 文脈がどうかわかりませんが、大事な内容であれば訳"さなきゃいけない"でしょうし、大した内容でなければ訳した時間や努力は無駄になります 文脈によります

関連するQ&A

• 英語

1:I like my job,but I wish I made more money. Me too. If I (),I could buy a new car. (1)did (2)do (3)had (4)have 2:If I ()you, I would not accept that kind of offer. (1)am (2)have been (3)were (4)will be 3:If I() a camera with me I would have taken a picture of the lake. (1)have (2)had (3)had had (4)have had 4:Would you have taken the job if you() how terrible the conditions were? (1)knew (2)had known (3)have known (4)would have known 5:If she() late,give her this message. (1)were coming (2)would come (3)should come (4)shall come 解答と訳をお願いします

• 和訳

I got up early, so that I could be on time. という文の日本語訳が、 「私は、間に合うように早く起きた」 となっています。 よく分からないのですが、これは「早く起きたから間に合った」ではないんですか?(couldは過去形なので) また、上の文章がcan beだとしても同じ意味になるのでしょうか? もし、「早く起きたから、間に合った」と言いたい場合には、どのように言えばいいんでしょうか?

• 英語 和訳

I just could not help noticing how enthralled by the view you seemed to be. この文をどなたか和訳お願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Once, an elderly man consulted me because of his severe depression. He could not overcome the loss of his wife who had died two years before and whom he had loved above all else. Now how could I help him? Well, I refrained from telling him anything, but instead confronted him with a question, "What would have happened if you had died first, and your wife would have had to survive you?:" "Oh," he said, "for her this would have been terrible; how she would have suffered!" "You see," I replied, " such a suffering has been spared her, and you have spared her this suffering - to be sure, at the price that now you have to survive and mourn her." He said no word but shook my hand and calmly left my office. In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning, such as the meaning of a sacrifice.  Of course, this was no treatment in the proper sense since, first, his despair was no disease, and second, I could not change his attitude toward his unchangeable fate because from that time on he could at least see a meaning in his suffering. Our main concern is not to gain pleasure or to avoid pain but rather to see a meaning in our life. That is why we are even ready to suffer, on the condition, to be sure, that our suffering has a meaning.

• 和訳を手伝て下さい

1.Sounds like you had a wonderful time. sound が主語でlikeが動詞 でまたyouが主語でhadが動詞。 この間にはなにか省略されているのでしょうか? 訳し方がわからないです。 2.i guess ‘good-looking’or,maybe,‘stylish’would be the best translation. この文はiが主語、guessが動詞、goodからstylishまでが目的語、でwould beがなんになるかわからないです。 これも主語が省略されているんでしょうか? 3.as long as I dont have to wear a wig,like Alcindo,to cover my bald patch! 訳)長い間、私はかつらを隠す必要はない。アルシンドのように、to~から訳し方がわからないです。 この3つの文の訳す方法を教えて下さい。 1つめは、

• 高校生レベルの英語を和訳してください!

小テストの範囲なのですが、和訳を写したプリントを紛失してしまいました(--;) 先生に頼んでも「自己責任よ」ということで教えてもらえず……(泣) 残念ながらアホ学校のため、友人の中にはまともに訳せる人間がいません! どうか訳を教えてください! 1問ずつでも構いません(;_;) (1)If you had told truth,she wouldn't have been angry. (2)I wish I could have spoken Chinese. (3)I wish my parent had followed my advice than,he would have been better now. とりあえず3問お願いします!

• 英語の仮定法の文法で悩んでいます。 

英語の文法を勉強しているのですが仮定法の文法でモヤモヤしています。文法に詳しい方、お力     お貸しください。  I had p.p の文法と I could have p.pの文の違いが理解できたのですが    I would have p.p と I could have p.p の違いはI would have p.pは現在の事で自分が希望している 事  I could have p.pは過去の事で、あの時やりたかったけど できなかった事を後悔している事。    この様な理解で大丈夫でしょうか?    

• 英語の和訳・整序

良く分からなかった和訳の箇所です。 The green house effect is a  warming near the earth's surface that results when the earth's atmosphere traps the sun's heat. Without this effect, the average surface temperature of the earth would be about 33℃ lower than it is. If you had been born in a poor nation, you might live in a house with only one room.The floor would be ground. The wall would be made of mud brick. The house would have no running water. It would have no bathroom or kitchen. Each member of your family might have only a little rice for meals. You could expect to live to be only about 40 or 50 years old. About 6 out of every 10 people on Earth live this way. この整序問題も良く分かりませんでした。 1“I really (in,with,you,wish,your,wouldn't,mouth,talk,food). 2If only (what,attention,had,the teacher,I,more,paid,to,said). 3If you (you would,an Americ an,had,talk,,her,Emi,take,heard,for). (1語不要)

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語、または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. It's started raining. If it ( ) raining, we could go on a picnic. (1)is (2)isn't (3)was (4)weren't 2. If the weather were too hot or too cold, plants ( ) grow. (1)could (2)would not (3)had to (4)won't 3. We would have gone to see the movie last night of we ( ) it was so funny. (1)know (2)would know (3)had known (4)could know 4. If I had known about the good news earlier, I ( ) to congratulate you. (1)would call (2)must have called (3)would have called (4)should call 5. If my son had taken my advice, he ( ) successful now. (1)is (2)was (3)would be (4)would have been 6. I wish I ( ) back the clock and do it all over again. (1)can turn (2)could tuen (3)had turned (4)have turned 7. I wish ( ) much more when I was young. (1)study (2)studied (3)have studied (4)had studied 8. If ( ) he had told her the truth. (1)timely (2)only (3)plainry (4)suddenly 9. It's time Bill ( ) home. (1)go (2)will go (3)goes (4)went 10. ( ) his idleness, he would be a nice fellow. (1)If he would be (2)If he were not (3)If it were not for (4)If it was 11. ( ) for the examination, I could have gone shopping with my friends. (1)Without (2)If (3)But (4)With 12. ( ) for your support, we wouldn't be here. (1)Not were it (2)It were not (3)Were not it (4)Were it not 13. ( ) I known more about the man, I would have gone shopping with my friends. (1)If (2)As (3)Were (4)Had 14. ( ) anything happen to you, you can always call me on my mobile phone. (1)If (2)Should (3)Unless (4)Would 15. ( ) your help, we would have failed. (1)Were it not been for (2)Had it not been for (3)If it had been for (4)Without being 同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語を入れなさい。また、(a)の文を訳しなさい。 1. (a) Because of the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. (b) If ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) for the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. 2. (a) If he had helped us, we could have succeeded. (b) ( ) his help, we could have succeeded. 3. (a) If you heard him talk, you would think that he was a new student. (b) ( ) ( ) him talk, you would think that he was a new student. 4. (a) If he the university students had not started at once, they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. (b) The university students started at once; ( ) they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. 以上です。 お手数をおかけしますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。 ミスなどがありましたらお知らせください。

• 英語の質問です!!

次の各文の【】内の語を適切な形に変えなさい。ただし1語とは限りません。 (1)If I (have) enough money.I would buy a new computer. (2)I would try again if (be) you. (3)If we (practice) harder, we would have won the game. 次のアの文をイのように書き換える場合、空所に適切な語を入れなさい。 (1)アI cannot tell you what to do because I don`t know the truth. イI ( )( )( )what to do if I knew the truth. (2)ア The accident happend because she wasn`t careful. イ Had she been carefull,the accident ( )( )( ) happened. 次の日本文に合うように、英文の空所に適切な語を入れなさい。 (1)もっと早く宿題を終えていれば、そのテレビ番組を見ることができたのに。 Had I finished my homework earlier,I ( )( )( ) the TV program. (2)もし彼女があなただったら、ためらわず彼にラブレターを送るだろう。 If (  )(  )(  )、she would`t hesitate to send him a love letter. (3)君がその試合に出ていると昨日知っていれば、見に行ったのに。 (  ) I (  ) you were taking part in the game yesterday、I would have gone to see it. 次の日本文に合うように【】内の語句を並び替えて、全文を書きなさい。 (1)もし私たちが5分早く出発していたら、その電車に乗れたかも知れない。 If we had left five minutes earlier,(caught/might/we/the train/have). (2)私たちがあなたの忠告に従っていたら、こんなことは起こらなかったのに。 (followed/we/advice/had/your), this would`nt happend.