国際人になることの意味とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 国際人になることは、自分の国をけなすことや他国への尊敬を常に示すことではありません。
  • 国際人とは、他国の人々を理解し、自国の長所と短所を認識し、世界中の人々がより良い環境で生活できるように努める存在です。
  • 国際人になることは、自己啓発の一環であり、国際社会の発展に貢献することを目指すものです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

ひどい英訳ですが、見て頂ければ幸いです。

1度訳し、もう1度確認の意味で訳しましたが どうしてもへんな訳になってしまいます。 合間合間に訳せない部分があり、徐々に文章のつくりが分からなくなってきました。。訳し方のアドバイス・添削お願いします。 To be a kokusaijin definitely dose not mean that one belittles ones own country or constantly expresses admiration for some other country. It means that one is able to understand people in other countries,and with this understanding see the virtues and defect of one's own with an eventual aim of devoting one's effects to making both one's own country and the rest of the world more decent places for human beings to live. 国際人になることは、けして自分の国を自分達でけなすことや、常に他の国を関心することを意味しない。それは自身の国が、他の国を理解することが可能で、この条件で生きるべき場所にもっと適当にと自分の国や世界中の国々が生きるべき場所により良く(適当に)なるようにするための、自身の国の結果として起こる長所と短所を分かることを意味する。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#106175
noname#106175
回答No.1

>自分の国を自分達でけなす 「自分達で」にあたる表現がないです。正しくは「自分たち自身の国(自国)をけなす」。 >他の国を関心すること admirationは「関心」でなく、「賞賛」。「関心する」という日本語も変です。正しくは「他の国を賞賛すること」。 >自身の国が、他の国を理解することが可能 oneは「自身の国」でなく、一般的な「人」を指します。訳出しなくてもいいです。また、「他の国を理解する」ではなく、「他の国の人々を理解する」。 >この条件で with this understandingは「この理解と共に」。 >生きるべき場所にもっと適当にと自分の国や世界中の国々が生きるべき場所により良く(適当に)なるようにするための、自身の国の結果として起こる長所と短所を分かることを意味する この部分は残念ながら、構文が全くちがいます。 see the virtues and defect of one's own は「自分たちの国の長所と短所を見ること」 with an eventual aim of ~は、直訳すると、「~(という)最終目標と共に」。 いわゆる名詞構文なので、日本語らしく直すと、「~を最終的に目指しながら」 devoting one's effects to~は「~に自らの努力をささげる」 making both one's own country and the rest of the world more decent places for human beings to live の部分は both one's own country and the rest of the world が目的語、more decent places for human beings to live が補語の make O C の構文。 「自分自身の国と、世界の残り(=世界の他の国々)の両方を、人間が生活するのに、さらにふさわしい場所にすること」 まとめると 国際人になることは、決して自国をけなすことや他国を絶えず賞賛することを意味しない。それは、他国の人々を理解することができるということ、そして、この理解とともに自国の長所と短所を見ること、その際には自国と世界の他の国々の両方を、人間が生活するのにさらにふさわしい場所にしようと努力をささげることを、最終的に目指していることを意味するのである。 with this understanding と with an eventual aim of devoting one's effects to making both one's own country and the rest of the world more decent places for human beings to live はどちらも see the virtues and defect of one's own にかかるのでそのまま訳すとわかりずらいです。 この修飾関係を保ったまま訳出するとわかりにくくなるので、修飾関係は崩れますが、本文の流れを尊重して、 with an eventual aim of 以下を「その際には~いること」と訳しました。 このくらいのことは、入試問題でも許されるでしょう。

iimk4712
質問者

お礼

プリントアウトして早速ご回答を拝見しております。 自分の投稿した訳がやはりあまりにもひどく・・ (しかも訳の入力ミスなどもあり) 24時間後に削除しようと思っていましたが、 ご回答とご指摘を頂きとても幸せに思います。 なんといえばいいのか分かりませんが、とても申し訳ない気持ちと感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです。 そもそもどれが動詞なのか分からなかったのですが meansがこの文章の動詞でよかったのですね。あと、see the virtues and defect one's ownの部分ですが、これが2つのwith節?にかかるのですね。 これが知りたくて・・これが分からなくて単語や熟語の意味の取り違えもそうですが、文の組み立てがよく分からなくなり本当に困っていました。大きな間違え~日本語にしておかしい部分まで添削して頂き有難うございます。 もう1度、ゆっくり拝見させて頂きます。

関連するQ&A

• 文構造を教えて下さい

To be a kokusaijin definitely does not mean that one belittles one's own country or constantly expresses admiration for some other country. It means that one is able to understand people in other countries, ※and with this understanding see the virtues and defects of one's own with an eventual aim of devoting one's efforts to making both one's own country and the rest of the world more decent places for human beings to live. ※あたりからの文の構造を教えていただけないでしょうか?      後半のmake O C やboth A and Bは理解しています。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

It may seem to be a paradox, but with the spread of English, speakers of other languages could consider their own local languages more important for their own cultural traditons. the Census Bureau reports that nearly one American in fibe speaks a language other than English at home , with Spanish leading and Chinese growing fast.

• 英語 会話

何回もすいません… Japan is one of the places I would to go. I would also like to go to Europe. There even parts of my own country that I've never been to and would like to see この文はどうゆう意味なんでしょうか。また返事の仕方も教えて頂けるとありがたいです。

• 英訳

It was nice hearing from u to. I`m glad u are doing well. I`m so sorry to hear about new`s that u can`t come to U.S. I`m serious about going to Japan or other country someday. I can`t say exactly when but I am serious. Please take care until then and keep your spirit`s up. Please keep in touch and be safe. Take good care of your beautiful and sexy self for me. Talk to u soon.と言うメールをもらいました。 Take good care of your beautiful and sexy self for me. このtake care og your self の意味は体に気をつけてと言ういみですが最後のfor meとはどの様な意味でしょうか?俺の為にってことですか? あとこの文にあるbeautifulとsexyとはどういう意味ですか? keep your spirit`s up.とは何を伝えたいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• to that

Understanding the circumstances of the other person and controlling one's actions so as not cause trouble to that person is called enryo. to that 、toは何でしょうか?同格のthatでしょうか?

• 英訳お願いします。

英訳お願いします。 This time Nicolo was taking his seventeen-years old son,Marco,with him. Marco was forty-one when the Polos came home to venice.  For seventeen of those twenty-four years they journeyed all over Asia-to China, lndochina,Burma,lndia. They served the Mongol conqueror Kublai Khan in his court in Peking and on missions to many parts of the Orient. They were rewarded with rich gifts of silk and Jewels of rare value. In the kingdom of Dely, that “produced large quantities ofpepper and ginger, with many other articles of spicery."  Now Marco Polo's wondrous adventures spurred missionaries and merchants alike to go by land or sea to Cathay-Franciscan friars like John of Monte Corvino, who became Archbishop of Peking; and so many merchants that one of them,Francis Balducci Pegolotti,could write in 1340,“The road you travel from Tana to Cathay is perfectly safe, whether by day or night, according to what merchants Say who have used it." THE SPICE COOK BOOKという本の一文です。 文法に疎く、各単語を調べてつなげてみても、文がうまく繋がらないので困っています。 ご回答お願いします。

• even more important that

even more important that presenting the merits of one's own idea is denouncing the other one by pointing out its flaws. ここでのthatは何の用法のthatでしょうか?

• これ英訳していただけませんか?

国によって風呂やトイレの使用法が異なります。 を英語で言いたいんですが、「The way of how to use bathroom and restroom differ from country to country.」 って間違ってますか?? 多分合っているとは思えないので、自然になるように直してくださると 光栄です。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。m(__)m

10/10で評価してくれると嬉しいです オリンピックの開催場所を自分の国の都市ですべきか、そうでないか、またそれはなぜですか I agree with the opinion that my country city invite Orympics ,because there are a lot of merits. In fact ,Tokyo is far more famous city than any other in japan and if various country tourists visited japan because of Orympics ,the country would get a lot of economical merits. Forexample, the tourist rate will be rapidly increasing and so tourists can get an opportunity to know a lot of japanese culture Ofcourse, if own country invited orympics there would be a variety of troubles such as fighting , arguement at a Orympics stadium ,and so on. However, If everyone had manners, it would rather transform such trubles into an opportunity to get international communication and contribute to grobarization. Therefore, I think that own country city should invite Orympics.

• 英訳を教えてください

英文を訳さなければいけないのですが、どうしてもわからないので教えて頂けるとありがたいです。    Amelioration of the social conditions,attitudes,and pol-icies that contribute to child abuse and neglect has been stalled by other national priorities. Practitioners who struggle with these diffi-cult and disturbing cases receive little support. They feel alone and become overwhelmed and often “burned out.” There are no simple solutions to this grim state of affairs,but our clinical knowledge and experience do point to many positive directions. While work with maltreatment cases requires individualization, empathy, creativity, and flexibility, practitioners can benefit from a clinical practice per-spective that provides them with a framework for understanding and addressing the multifaceted needs of this population.