• ベストアンサー

前置詞の違いについて

ZDFTVshowの回答

回答No.1

there areが使ってあるので、倒置のような感覚の前文になっています。Withを使うことで時制の一致もあるのでしょう。結局、With petterns are there for languages,のほうが、わかりやすいと思います。

kikk
質問者

補足

withに時制の一致があるのですか?

関連するQ&A

• 前置詞の後の動名詞について

Recently an American school announced that its library books would be replaced with. The school thinks that the words in books are the same if they appear on paper or on a computer. But reading on a computer is very different from reading a book. But reading on a computer is very different from reading a book.の英文のfrom readingのreadingは前置詞fromの後にくるから動名詞readingを使うと考えて正解でしょうか?

• 大学受験 英作文の問題

次の英文の書き出しで始まる文で、「現在、全世界で約3000から8000の言語が話されていると言われている。もしそうではなく、全世界の人々がみな同じ一つの言語を使用しているとしたら、我々の社会や生活はどのようになっていたと思うか。50から60語の英語で続けて書きなさい。複数の文になってもかまいません。」という問題で、英文を考えました。文法などの間違いがありましたら、ご指摘ください。 書き出し文If there were only one language in the world, 以下、続けて、 there would be no war. Today there are some conflicts in the world because there are many languages. Misunderstanding because of them leads to some conflicts. Moreover,each person has pride of his or her language. If someone looks down on your language,you will be angry. That is why there are some conflicts. よろしくお願いいたします。

• not mrely...but の文について(掲載質問についての質問)

少し前の質問について質問いたします。文化の違いといったことについて書かれています。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=1506947 Unless he has had special training or has special insight, he will not understand that the differences are not merely matters of specific items, such as a particular way to prepare rice or bury tha dead, but that those items are shaped into different patterns in an over-all system. という一文の中の二つの that の捉え方として、but that 以下が matters of specific items と同格だと答えられていますが、私には、"二つの that" が同格であるように見えます。 …, he will not understand  (1) that the differences are not merely matters of specific items, …,  (2) but that those items are shaped into different patterns in an over-all system. と見えるのですが、 …, he will not understand that the differences are  (1)not merely matters of specific items, …,  (2)but that those items are shaped into different patterns in an over-all system. とのご説明です。すると、the differences are that those items are shaped into different patterns in an over-all system. という文が成り立つことになりますが、「これらの項目が形を変えてシステム全体に行き渡っていることが、違いである」とは変ではないでしょうか。    文の捉え方としてはどちらなのでしょう。私の勘違いですか?

• 前置詞と時制

電話がかかってきたとき「今どこにいるの?」と聞かれたときの返答で、 いつもどの前置詞を使うのが適切なのか迷ってしまいます。以下は合ってますか? 1)家(自分の部屋)にいる →I'm at home/my room. 2)図書館にいる→I'm in the library 3)スーパーにいる(買い物途中)→I'm at the ○○. 4)帰宅中で道路を歩いている→I'm on the street. 2)バスに乗っている→I'm on the bus. 3)電車に乗っている→I'm in the train. また「今週末にNewYorkに行く予定だったけど、友達の一人が行けなくなったので来週に行くことにした」と 言いたいのですがこれで合ってますか。 I was going to New York, but one of my friend couldn't go with us, so we have changed our suchedule, we're going there next weekend. 「my friend couldn't go with us」を過去完了にしたほうがいいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 接続詞 副詞のかかるところ

Why is the sea never still? Well, there are times when the sea is nearly still, though no doubt even when it looks like glass there are waves in it too small for us to see. But the sea is always moving, even so much that our eyes can see it, simply because the air above it is moving. 訳文をみるとno doubtはthere are waves in it too small for us to see.にかかっています。 even when it looks like glassである従属節にかかると思ってしまうのですが・・・・。 no doubt there are waves in it too small for us to see. にすべきではないのでしょうか? thoughのような接続詞は従属節があれば従属節にかかるのでしょうか? looks like glass there are wavesの glass thereの間にコンマは必要ではないのですか?

• 英文の和訳をお願いしたいのですが・・・

Lattice type and systematic absences In indexing the powder patterns it has been assumed that all the possible reflections are observed, that is, scattering from each of the different lattice planes is sufficiently intense to contribute to the diffraction profile. This is normally so for a primitive lattice, but for body centred and face centred lattices restrictions occur on the values that h, k and I may take if the reflections are to have any intensity. This results in certain reflections not being observed in the powder diffraction pattern and these are known as systematic absences. The origin of these absences can be illustrated with regard to Fig.2.3. という文章です。できれば翻訳サイト丸々ってのは控えてほしいです。

• 前置詞の問題

次の前置詞の問題、お分かりになる方がいらっしゃったら、どうか教えてください。お願いします。 Fill each blank with a suitable prepposition. The simple infinitive (a) 'to' is still used, chiefly (b) auxiliary verbs, as (c) 'He will come," (d) "He is going to come.' We are so accustomed to thinking of 'to' (e) a part of the infinitive taht a prejudice has grown up (f) separating 'to' (g) the verb. There is no historical reason why 'to' should immediately precede the infinitive (h) which it is a sign, though it is naturally desireble that the two words should not be very far apart. Although in Old English the infinitive was a noun. (i) course of time it has come to have some of the properties of a verb. The Old English infinitive could be used (j) either an active or a passive sense, and the active infinitive with passive meaning is found today in sentences such as 'I am to blame' and 'This house is to let.' 私は以下のように考えるのですが・・・・  a. of b. with c. ? d. ? e. as f. in g. from h. in i. in j. in こんなにinが多すぎるわけはないと思うのです。 英文法に詳しい方、よろしくおねがいします。

• 前置詞withの用法について

下記はTOEIC問題集の英文の一部です。 男:Thing are getting a little cramped in this office.   (このオフィスだといろいろなものが少し窮屈になってきているよ) 女:Yeah,I think so too. There's barely enough room to move around. (そうね、私もそう思う派。動き回るスペースがほとんどないもの。) 男:If we put in a request for a bigger location with the main office right away (もし僕らが本局といっしょのもっと大きい場所をすぐに要請すれば)  質問:この英文のwithについて、以下の意味だと思います。 ((同伴・同居))…と(いっしょに),…とともに;〈人〉と同じ所に ※goo英和辞書参考 3番目の男の文について、文脈的に「本局が入居しているフロアに同居を要請する」ということでしょうか?そしてその場所は今よりも大きく動きやすいと。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

観覧ありがとうございます。 英文→In the “material world” of cloth for clothing there are many different natural fibers and the variety of patterns and colors is amazing. 和訳→衣類のための布の「物的世界」で、多くの異なる天然繊維があります、そして、パターンと色のバラエティは素晴らしいです。 となったのですが、自然な和訳にするにはどう直せばいいですか?

• 英語

Not only are there few speakers of these languages, but if we examine who the speaks are, we also find that they are largely old people. それらの言語を話している人々が少ないということだけでなくそれらの言語を話している人が誰なのかを調べれば彼らが主に年配の人々だとわかる。 訳があってるのか教えてください。