• ベストアンサー

英訳の添削 お願いします!

ICUのセンター利用の願書に英文で書く欄があり添削をお願いしたいと思い投稿しました。 和文 「私の夢は将来海外の大学院で学び、ゆくゆくは国連やNGO等で世界の人々や国際社会に貢献することです。そして知識だけでなく柔軟な思考を持った心も豊かな国際人になりたいです。その夢を実現するには、貴校のリベラルアーツ、英語教育プログラム(ELP)そして国際色豊かなキャンパスが最適だと考え志望しました。」 My dream is to study abroad and then to work for UN or NGO in order to make a contribution to people and international relations.I want to be a man not only with extensive knowledge but with a flexible and thoughtful mind. I think it is essential for me to study lineral arts and ELP on ICU's international campus so that I can make my dream come true.So,I realy want to study in ICU! 以上です。長くてすみません。 自分でわかる範囲で訳していたら だいぶ違う文になってしまい 原文と違う部分が多いのですがニュアンスはきちんと伝わりますか?「国際社会」がわからなくて「so that」らへんや冠詞などもかなり自信ないです(^^; 「大学院」らへんや「ゆくゆく」や「貴校」はよくわからなかったのでふっ飛ばしてしまいました… 最後の一文は願書なので熱意をアピールしてみたのですが…まずいですか?(^^; もっとこうしたら~とかここが変!!とかどんなことでも結構です。 願書に書く英文なのでそこも考慮して 色々なアドバイス、ご指摘いただけたらと思います。よろしくおねがいします!

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • pius
  • ベストアンサー率38% (73/191)
回答No.5

The reasons why I apply for your college are that you offer proper programmes such as liberal arts and ELP, and that I would greatly like to study in the inter-cultural atmosphere like your campus. I believe that these offers and the atmosphere contribute to my feture plan that I study on a foreign postgruduate and work for a International Organisation such as the U.N in order to render services to people in the world, and international relations. I also believe that studying on your course is beneficial for me to obtain not only knowledge but also a flexible and thoughtful mind. 私ならこんな風にしますが、文法的間違いがあったらごめんなさい。前回、ご質問されたときにアドバイスするの忘れたんですけど、英語で書くときはまず直接学校と結びつく志望理由を書いて、後からそれがどのように役に立つのかと言うことを書いたほうがいいですよ。 あとなるべくthatは省略しないように、辞典を使うときは(正式)と書かれている単語を使うようにしたほうがいいですよ。

mitsubachi_2006
質問者

お礼

わかりました、本当にありがとうございます! 自分の非常識さを知りました。 これから頑張っていきたいと思います。 とても参考にさせていただきました。 みなさん、こんな私に色々丁寧に教えてくださってありがとうございました! 本っ当に勉強になりました! そしてもっと勉強します。。。

その他の回答 (4)

• taked4700
  • ベストアンサー率37% (777/2050)
回答No.4

No.3のかたに、ちょっとタイプミスがあるようなので。 make these dreams to a reality は、to がいりません。 make ~ a reality  で、~を実現する。

mitsubachi_2006
質問者

お礼

丁寧なご指摘 ありがとうございます!

• ベストアンサー率44% (12/27)
回答No.3

こんな感じでは如何でしょうか。 "My plan for the future is to work for International Organizatisons or NGOs in order to help people living in the world, and then, contribute for better international relations. Also, to study abroad will be an essential step for my career. I would like to be a person not only with knowledge but with a flexible and thoughtful mind. To make these dreams to a reality, ICU's program of liberal arts, ELP and its international style of the campus is very helpful for me. Therefore, I believe ICU is my best choice to study in."  最初日本語で考えるのは当然かと思いますが、そのまま英訳するのではなく、英語で書き直すようにやるのがよいと思います。

mitsubachi_2006
質問者

お礼

なるほど!すごくかっこいいです! とても参考にさせていただきました。 自分の英語力が恥ずかしいです… 本当にありがとうございました!

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 全体的なイメージなのですが、友達同士のやりとりのように感じます。 大学に出す願書なので、どちらかと言うと丁寧な表現を使った方がよいかと思います。 ICUの願書の傾向は判りませんので、もちろんわざと砕けた感じにしたのなら、無視して下さいね。 丁寧にする場合、want to ではなくwould like toを使うのが適切です。 I think より I believeがよさそうですが、これは丁寧さと言うよりニュアンスの問題なので、どちらがいい、と言うわけではないのです。 最後の文もSoから書き出すより、文頭なのでThereforeを使うか、または「それを実現するために、ICUで勉強する事を望むのです」のような文章に書き換えたほうが良いのではと思います。 「ゆくゆくは」はin futureでしょうか?よりフォーマルならin due courseも使えますよね。 「貴校」は、your schoolとそのままで良いしICUと大学名を書いても良いかと思います。

mitsubachi_2006
質問者

お礼

願書には「簡単に書きなさい」とあったので自分なりに簡単に書いたのですが これじゃ本当に簡単すぎなんですね(^^; 丁寧にするという感覚がよくわからなくて 本当に未熟者ですみません。 丁寧に教えてくださってありがとうございました。 とても参考になりました!

回答No.1

大学院 graduate school他 My dream is to study abroad ・・・ 中学生の雰囲気なので I have dreamed to・・・・long before・・ I want to・・・ これも子供のような雰囲気、wantは使用を控えるべき I would like to ・・・ lineral arts →liberal arts liberal arts の意味と歴史は理解していますよね。 >「大学院」らへんや「ゆくゆく」や「貴校」はよくわからなかったので WEB英辞郎にのっています。 とにかく、基礎的な英語力が不足しています。願書の例文などを参考にしては。

mitsubachi_2006
質問者

お礼

基礎的な英語力不足… 胸に刺さります。 自分の力不足を思い知りました… ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語短文の添削お願いします。

ICUの入学願書に英語で記入しなければいけない項目があるのですが、間違った英文で提出するのも気がひけるので添削お願いします。 I want to enter ICU to learn economics and English command because I wish I greatly work not only in japan but also abroad. And through ICU I come to think complexly and flexisibly, so I will be able to change myself and grow up excellently. 「日本だけでなく海外でも活躍できるように、ICUに入って経済学と英語を学びたい。 そして、ICUで複合的かつ柔軟な思考を手に入れて、自分自身を変え、大きく成長できるようになるでしょう。」 日本語原文もおかしかったら訂正頂けると嬉しいです^^ よろしくお願いします!

• 英訳の添削お願いします2

企業提出用の自己PRの英訳の添削をお願いしたいです。 はじめに私が意図する文章を日本語で提示し、 そのあとに私が英訳した文を書きます。 アドバイスよろしくお願いします。 【質問】 あなたが学校で学んだことのうち、この部署で成功するために役に立つことを三つ書きなさい。 【日本語】 私が学校で身につけた当部門で成功するのに役立つ3つのものは、要点を見抜く事・効率的に物事を進める事・短期的に集中して物事に取り組む事です。 この3つのものはアルバイトを継続しながら、大学での学業をおろそかにしないようにしてきた結果身につきました。私は自分の学費や生活費など大学生活に関わる全ての費用を自分で負担していましたので、少ない勉強時間を効率的に活用するために、常に要点を考えながら集中して取り組んでいました。また、期末試験や、普段のセミナーの発表の資料作り、大学院の試験、さまざまな場面で私は、短期間で集中して取り組むことを要求されていました。以上のような経験からこの3つのものを身につけられたと考えています。 私は当部門で成功するためには、新しい分野を効率的に勉強することが非常に重要であると考えております。新しい分野を効率的に勉強する上で、私が学校で得た3つの能力は役に立ちます。それは、新しい分野を学習する必要が出てきた時にその要点を見抜き、効率的に学習を進め、さらに短期的に集中して学習を進めることによって、すばやく新しい分野の知識を身につけることができるからです。 当部門では、自分の担当する業界や企業が変わった時にすばやく対応する必要があるときに役に立つと考えます。また、私は現在理系の学科に所属していて私にとって未知の分野である金融のことを学習する必要があるため、この能力が大変活きると考えます。 【英語】The three things I learned in school are grasping the essential, getting things done effectively and focusing on the issue in the short run. I developed those three abilities by achieving good balance between part-time jobs and studying. I have paid all expenses by myself after high school graduation, so I have been busy to work part-time and had little time to study. To use the little time wisely, I always focus on grasping the essentials of the topics I study. Additionally, several events like finals, seminars and entrance examination for graduate school gave only little time to study, so I had to focus on study in the short run. In my opinions, studying new field is important to success in this department. The three abilities I got in school are useful to study unknown field. When I need to study new field, I can grasp the essential of the study, study effectively and focus on studying in short run. In the department, when the industry or company that I work with changes, I have to study new field. Additionally, I have to study finance because I am in scientific department and I’ve never study it in school. 長文ですが、アドバイスよろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします。

明日までの学校の英語の宿題なのですが… 自分の行ってみたい国と、その理由を英作するというモノです。 私は どなたか添削よろしくお願いします。 【日本文】 私が少しでもはなせる第二外国語は英語だけであり、それを完璧に身につけたいからです。 私があえてイギリスで英語を学びたいと考えた理由は、治安もそんなに悪くないし、観光スポットもたくさんあるからです。 英語を一生懸命勉強して英語で外国の人とコミュニケーションをとりその国々の文化や習慣を知りたいです。 【私が作った英文】 Because the second foreign language which I can speak is only English,and I want to I want to master it on perfectly. The reason considered that I want to dare study English in Britain is that it is so unsafe or there is also much sightseeing spot. I want to study English hard,And I want to take communication with a foreign man in English, and to know the culture and the custom of the countries. お願いします。

• 英訳の添削お願いします!!

あのときは時間がなくて、いつかまた話したいなと思っていたのですが、なかなか双方の都合が合わなくて会えないですね… という日本文を 下記のように書きました I'm afraid I didn't have any time to talk with you at that time and thought that I want to talk again sometime, but both conveniences don't readily suit and so we can't meet…. 添削お願いいたします。 目上の方への手紙文ですのでできれば丁寧語を使いたいのですが…。

• 正しい文章か添削してください

過去の入試問題なんですけど回答がついていないため質問させて頂きます。 私は将来看護師になって、たくさんの患者さんのお世話をしたいと思っています。去年の秋から、できるだけ頑張って自分の夢のために勉強し続けています。 I want to be a nurse in the future and take care of many people.I am keeping study to my dream as effort as possible since last autumn.

• 英文を添削してください

I want to go on a Australia trip. Because the natural is beautiful. I want to look at koala, and want to hold in arms. I well go to Australia to study English. 私はオーストラリアに旅行にいきたいです。 なぜなら自然が美しいからです。 渡しはコアラを見てみたいです。 そして、コアラをだっこしてみたいです。 私はオーストラリアに留学にいくつもりです。 この文間違ってたら教えてください! あと、添削してくださいっ! あんまり難しい文にならないように お願いします。。。。

• 添削して下さい><お願いします。

I have been studying for two years at university in Hyogo Prefecture. I major overall policy there,and that study the various learning such as internatinal relatins,enviromental,and law. I'm happy to go to school,because I fortunate to have a lot of friends like best friends and study there. I study hard to achive my dream from now on for becoming a lawyer and speaking English fluently. But I often change of pace at times. All one can say is that ,as I am, I have to do my best in any case for the porpose of getting my priorities. あんまり良い表現使ってないような気がします。出来たらどう直したいいかとアドバイスなんかあったらお願いします。

• 英訳 〇〇のためだったら

いつもありがとうございます。 下記の英訳の言い回しについてわからなかったので教えていただけませんでしょうか。 また、私が辞書を引いて訳した英訳に違和感がありましたら、自然な文章をご教授いただけたらうれしいです。 1.あなたのこともっと知りたい。 I want to know more. 2.あなたのためだったら何でも勉強できる。 If it's for you, I can study anything. もしくは I'll study anything to help you out. →「〇〇のためだったら」って、どのように書くとよいかわかりませんでした。 ご教授いただけるとうれしいです。 3.いっぱいあって何からやっていいかわからない。 There are a lot things I want to study for you, I don't know where to start study.

• 緊急!英訳の添削をしてください。お願いします。助けてください。

緊急!英訳の添削をしてください。お願いします。助けてください。 自らの夢と覚悟が試されたこれらの経験を通して、粘り強く努力すること、志を変えず最後までやり遂げることの大切さを学びました。 もし残りの選択肢を選んでいれば、その後の人生は編入試験の経験から得られた「努力し、最後までやり遂げる」こともできず、自分のやりたい事を明確にすることができなかったと思います。 編入学したおかげで、卒業研究では食品機能性の研究を行うことができ、その研究を通して、「食」の可能性を追求するいう目標を達成することができました。はたから見れば編入学は回り道のように見えるかもしれませんが、それは自分にとって意味のある貴重な回り道でした。 Through these experience that own dream and readiness were tried, I learned the importance of trying hard and following out without changing aim. If I choose of the other two choice ,I think that the I was not able to make an effort and to carry through to the end provided from the experience of the exam for admission entrance examination, and to show clearly what I want to do. Through transfer admission, I could study the food functionality in graduation work and achieve my aim to pursue possibility of "the food". The transfer admission might think a extra time but it was a valuable time with the meaning for myself.

• 長いのですが、添削お願いします!

留学するためにホストファミリーに手紙を書かなければならないのですが、自信がないので少し長いのですが添削お願いします。 I am from Japan. My hometown is Shimane but now I’m living in Kanagawa near Tokyo with my younger brother. My hometown is a country side in Japan. I have many fond memories of there. There are many natures. So, I played outside with my friends. I often went to sea and mountain with my family. So, now I like play outside! I like watching autumn leaves and taking walks in mountain. And other hobbies are playing sports, particularly basketball, watching movies and reading books and comics. I also like going out drinking and shopping with my friends. I think I am outgoing, cheerful and mild. I like enjoying and doing something new. So, I think I can be used to new environment soon. I have 8 members of family and two cats. My older brother studies to become an accountant in Osaka. My younger brother goes to university in Tokyo. My family is so great and interesting. When I come back my home, I go out various places with my family. I respect my parents. My parents met a foreign country. So, they recommend me to go other country while I am young. And I love children and America before. So, I decide to join this program!! I took care of my cousin’s son that he was 1 years old a day in two weeks. And I learned English from my cousin. She went to study Britain before. Now, I work for nursery school as a volunteer every day. I help teacher’s works, For example taking walk, eating ranch and changing cloths, especially 1-2 years old class. I like spending children. Because children’s smile is so cute and they have many things I forgot. They make me smile naturally. I look forward to know about your family, and hope to have a good relationship. And I like cooking. So, I will help willingly. Maybe it has many differences between Japan and America, for example rules, meals, of course language! So, I want to talk anything each time with your family. Now, I can not say my English is very good, but I study English hard every day. I like to try to speak in English. So, I will be able to speak English soon. And I want to enjoy conversation! I will study and experience various things in America. It will broadens my horizons. It has been getting excited since now. I hope to spend feeling happier with your family. And I look forward to see your family. わからないなりに、頑張ったのですがもしもっと良い表現などがありましたら教えてください!