• ベストアンサー

この問題について

I'm not quite sure what book he was talking about. これはなぜ後ろの部分がhe was talking aboutとなっているんでしょう? 完全文か不完全かの違いは関係あるんですか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • seiiiichi
  • ベストアンサー率41% (79/190)
回答No.2

「what book he was talking about」というひとくくり で、「彼が何の本について話しているか」 となります。 what book = history book だったらそれが、aboutの後ろについて he was talking about history book ですよね。 でもそれが何かわからないので、疑問詞を 用いて前に持っていってるだけです。 よく、高校の参考書とかで、 what I am = 現在の自分 what I was = 過去の自分 とかってありましたが、それと同じ用法です。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nao_F
  • ベストアンサー率24% (22/90)
回答No.1

疑問文 What book was he talking about? を普通の文の中に挿入したからだ、というのが答えになるかと思いますが・・・

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• I'm nosure のうしろは if?

I'm sure のうしろはthatですよね。 では否定文で、I'm not sure ... ならどうなるのでしょう。 検索したら両方出てきましたが、 I'm not sure if he can do it. と、I'm not sure he can do it. はどちらが正しいのでしょう。あるいはニュアンスが異なりますか?

• 不完全文のwhat?

I think what it was the book that he was lookign for という文でwhat節はit=S was=V teh book=C と完全文になっていますが名詞の不完全文を取るwhatで いいのでしょうか。解説をお願いします!

• 至急!短い英作文 添削

きっと彼は必要なことをやるだろうと思います。 I'm sure ~を使い、関係代名詞 what を用います。 I'm sure he will do it what he has to do . 添削よろしくお願いします。

• 二文同意について教えてください

He was a poet rather than a sholar. =he was not ( ) mush a scholar ( )a poet Iam sure that be will succeed, =I am sure of ( )( ) You will soon understand wha I'm saying =It will not be ( )( )you understand what I'm saying. It seems that he was late for the meeting. =He seems to ( ) ( ) Late foe the meeting. Do you mind if open the window? =Do you mind ( )( ) the window? お願いします!!

• 関係詞の問題教えてください

関係詞の問題教えてください 1省略されている関係詞どこになにが入りますか? 1-1 Who was the pretty girl you spoke to at the bus stop this morning? 1-2 This is the very thing I have wanted to buy. 1-3 She is not the woman she was before she married. 2関係詞を使って1文に 2-1 Her only daughter often writes to her. She is now in New York. 2-2 He gave me two books. I have read neither of them yet. 2-3 You can see from here the roof of a white building. What is that building? 2-4 You had better put the book back on the desk. Because the owner will come back. 3「   」内の関係詞を使って全文を書き換え 3-1「than 」 It was an intersting book and I didn't expected that. 3-2「as」  He is a teacher and it is clear from his way of talking. 3-3「as ~as 」 He wanted the books , and bought them. よろしくお願いします

• この英語、成立しませんか?

1) He was made to go. この英語、成立しませんか? 本にそう書いてあったのですが、何がいけないのでしょうか? それと 2) I am not sure that he is all right. 例文を忘れたので、細かいところが正しいかは分かりませんが、 この英文は、that節は肯定文なんですが、 主節にnotがあります。そして、肯定文のthat節にはallがあります。 この場合は節が違うので部分否定にはならないですか? それとも、部分否定になりますか?

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)Rie had a dream of becoming a movie star even though she didn't know how to (become) it. 2)On the floor beside his bed a book (lay) open. He has been reading it before he fell asleep the previous night. 3)Will you (lend) me your dictionary for a while? 4)“I'm suffering from all that exercise we did yesterday.” “So am I. My legs are (aching) so much. I can't walk.” 5)We (chose) him mayor of our city. 6)You shouldn't (rely) this map. 7)It seemed (clearly) to me that John is guilty. 8)You have to (raise) your hand if you want to speak in class. 9)I'm not quite sure what book (he was talking it about). 10)I always keep the dictionary on the desk so that I can (look) it at any time. ()内の添削をお願いします。 和訳や解説を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の問題

画像の()がよくわかりません。 回答をお願いいたします。 それから訳なんですが、 I'm sure,() course, he will succeed in business. I'm sure,の部分は「きっと」と訳して良いのでしょうか? ()の中は of で大丈夫ですか? 全体を訳したらどうなりますか?

• 英語の課題を助けてください!

英語の課題を助けてください! どうしても分かりません。お願いします!>< 問題は、「次の会話を訳し、設問に答えなさい。また、その答えの根拠となる部分を示しなさい。」です。 会話 A:Why is he taking so long? B:He has to get changed, you know. He's got all that makeup to take off. A:Well, we've been here forty minutes now. It's cold out here. Are you sure we're at the right door? B:Yes, I'm sure. Come on. Let's not give up now. I've just got to see him close up. A:They say he's really quite ugly. B:Oh, no, that's not true. I've seen him on TV a couple of times. He's got the cutest smile. A:Well, I don't know. I'm just about frozen. If he doesn't come out in another two minutes, I'm going home. B:Oh, look! Here he comes. 設問 1. Where are these people? 2. What are they doing? 3. Who are they talking about? 4. Are they men or women? How can you tell?

• 文法?

きっとこの本はお役に立つと思います。 上の英文を I am sure (quite helpful/will/you/this book) ()を1語補って並び替えて完成させよ という問題で I am sure this book will make you quite helpful としたのですが 答えには I am sure you will find this book quite helpful だったのですが 自分が考えたのでもいけそうだと思うんですが 間違っていますか? 回答お願いします。