The Background of the Church of England and my Personal Connection to Churches in Japan

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I didn't know that the establishment of the Church of England had such an interesting background. It makes me want to learn more about the history of England itself.
  • In Japan, there are churches in almost every town. When I was a child, I used to go to church every week, but it wasn't because of any religious faith. I simply enjoyed the sweets given by the clergyman. Nowadays, I only attend church occasionally when I want to reflect on myself or contemplate something. Although my parents might not understand, I know you wouldn't mind, would you?
  • I would appreciate it if someone could help me proofread the following English sentences. There are a few things I want to convey. First, I had no idea about the background behind the establishment of the Church of England. This revelation has sparked my interest in learning more about English history. Second, churches can be found in almost every town in Japan. When I was a child, I used to go to church every week, although my attendance wasn't driven by religious beliefs. Instead, I was motivated by the sweets given to me by the clergyman. Nowadays, I only go to church occasionally, when I feel the need to reflect or contemplate. If I were to share this with my parents, they might not understand, but I believe you wouldn't mind, would you?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文を添削してください

以下の英文をどなたか添削していただけないでしょうか。 I didn't know that the establishment of the Church of England had such background. I guess I have to study more about the history of England itself. There are indeed churches in Japan, too - perhaps at least one in every town. I myself went to church every week when I was a child, but this wasn't actually from any religious faith - I just liked the sweets that the clergyman always gave me! Recently, I attend church only from time to time, only when I want to think deep inside myself, or to think something over. It would disappoint my parents if I told this to them, but you wouldn't mind it, would you? 言いたい事は以下のような感じです。 「英国国教会が設立された経緯がそんなだったとは知りませんでした。英国の歴史についてもっと勉強しようと思います。 日本にも教会はありますよ、だいたいどこの町にも1つはあると思います。私は子供の頃は毎週教会に行ってました、でも信仰心から行ってたわけじゃないの、牧師さんがくれるお菓子が楽しみで行ってただけ。最近では本当に時々しか教会に行きません、1人で考えたくなった時や何かを反省したい気分になった時だけ。うちの両親にこんなこと言ったら嫌な顔されそうだけど、あなたなら気にしないよね?」 不自然なところがあれば、直していただけると嬉しいです。 長くて(しかも連投)申し訳ありません… よろしくお願いいたしますm(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

基本的に意味はすべて通じると思います。 表現上おかしなところもないと思います。 が、よかったら下記参考ください。 I couldn't even imagine such story behind establishment of England Chrch. そんなこととはつゆぞも考えませんでした。という感じでしょうか。 それと音的にof が重なるのでEngland Church としましたがあまりこだわらなくてもいいか知れません。っていうかEngland Churchじゃ間違いかな? I guess I have toは I'd better に置き換えたほうがすっきりするかも。the history of England itself. も The England history. とした方が音的によさそうです。 There are indeed churches in Japan, too - ここはちょっとひっかかります。indeed の前後はカンマで区切っちゃわないと文的に変化も。でもそれよりもActually, There are many churches in Japan, too. とした方が音的によさそうです。Manyを入れたのは後の文からして手紙の相手が思っている以上に日本に教会があるとしたいからです。 perhaps at least one in every town. 問題ないですがここでこそguess を使われたら? I guess one for each town at least. I myself went to church every week when I was a child, but this wasn't actually from any religious faith - やはりシンプルにmyself は抜いて(入れるなら多分I, myself となりよほど何か強調しているように聞こえて文章が途切れる感じがします。 それとここではused to go tpo church がいいのでは。 But this didin't mean I had faithful worship. とかどうですか。 I just liked the sweets that the clergyman always gave me! これは I was just happy with some sweets, which the priest gave us everytime. 牧師さん(いろいろ宗派で言い方があるようです)はおそらくみんなにお菓子をくれたんですよね。それといつもはこの場合正確には「行く度に」ですからevery time にしてみました。I visitedはなくてもわかるでしょう。 昔の話をしていて最近はとしたいわけですから In these days の方がin Those days との比較のようになって昔との対比が出るような気がします。 それからChurchに対してはvisitの方がいいかもしれませんね。attend ならMassの方がいいでしょう。 それからあまり行かなくなったということであればnot so often とか just once in a while とか。from time to time は個人的にあまり使わないのでニュアンスがわかりません。あしからず。 「1人で考えたくなった時や何かを反省したい気分になった時だけ。」 When I want to be alone to think about my life deeply, or something I have to reflect. なんていうのはどうでしょう。I want でなくI try でもいい感じかもしれませんね。 My parents might be disappointed to hear this, but hope you understand my honesty. こんな感じもありますかね。 私は文法とか単語とかあまりこだわらないでこんなの聞いたことあるとかこんなの聞いたことないとかで判断するケースが多くあるので参考程度にしてください。いかがでしょうか。

suigin27
質問者

お礼

丁寧に添削してくださりありがとうございました、大変助かりました (><) 私はネイティヴ的な言い回しというのをあまり知らないので、音的に良い文章を作るのが苦手なんです、今回はRubberDuckyさんから自然な言い回しについてのアドバイスをたくさんいただけて本当に嬉しいです。本当にありがとうございました (^^)

関連するQ&A

• 英文添削お願いします。

e-mailで送りたいと思っています。変なところを直してください。 •How many students did hand in the needed application to enter this school last year? 去年は何人の生徒が入学希望の書類を提出したのですか? •I'd like to know whether it will be allowed to hand in only TOEFL and SSAT?If it won't be allowed, what examination especially should I take other? TOEFLとSSATだけ提出してもいいんですか?もしダメなら他にどのテストを特に受ければ良いのでしょうか? •When I graduate Winchendon School, is it possible to take examination not only the university of USA but also Japanese, too? Winchendon Schoolを卒業した場合、アメリカの大学の他に、日本の大学も受験することは可能ですか? •How many students from Asian country every years for general? アジアからは毎年何人くらいの留学生が入学していますか? •What is the main universities to which students go? I'd like to know one or more of them,please? アメリカの大学で主な進学先はどこですか?いくつか教えて下さると嬉しいです 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英文が正しいか添削してください

私はただ単に楽しみのために旅行するのではなく、私はその国をもっと理解するために努力をしていきたいと思っている。 私は今回の旅行でたくさん学びました。 I do not a trip only simple pleasure but I think that I want to make an effort much understanding about the counties. I learned a lot of things from this trip. 幸運にも私はそのチャンスを得て、イタリアの歴史について感じることができた。 Fortunately I was able to get a chance and was really succeeded in feeling the Italian history.

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think you should force yourself to smile even when you feel unhappy? Why why not? Write a passage of 5 sentences in English explaining your answer. に対する私の英作です。 I think I should force myself to smile even when I feel unhappy. It is not good that we feel unhappy for a long time. We need to change unhappy into happy. I belive the action can control feeling. If I force myself to smile, I will become feel happy. 宜しくお願いします(>_<)

• 英文解釈の添削 お願いします

添付ファイル文章: Russian hopes and conceptions demand not that the Church should pass as from a lower into a higher type into the State, but, on the contrary, that the State should end by being worthy to become only the Church and nothing else. So be it! So be it!” に関する質問です。 訳し方、理解の仕方に自信がないので、 合っているか見ていただきたいです。 「ロシア人の望みや考えは、 教会が下等なタイプから進歩的なものになるように、国家に変質することを要求するのではなく、反対に、国家の方が、教会以外のなにものでもなく、唯一それになるに値するようになって、これらのプロセスを終えることを要求します。そうでありますように。アーメン」 特にend by being worthy to become の 解釈が難しか感じ、自信がありません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文添削をお願いします。Vietnam

A;How did you learn English? B:Well,I practced my english myself by listning to the radio and watching movies,and besides,I would look at myself in a mirror and talk to myself thinking about what I wanted to say in Enlish every single day. I think it's the best way for me to study English becuse it nither costs me at all nor do I need to go to a language school(because it doesn't cost me or I need to go to a launguage school). I'd suggest English learners do the way I did. It's because they can start this for free! 宜しくお願いします。特に「加えて、そして」をand besidesとしたのですが(besidesの適当な使用方法か自信がありませんが)、というのも by listning to the radio and watching movies,and besides,I would look at myself in a mirror, and talking to myself thinking about what I wanted to say in Enlish ~.とすると分詞構文の thinking about what I wanted to say in Enlish ~.がtalking to myself に不明確になるのではないかと考えたからです。またI practced my english by myself とするとbyが後にも続き変かなと考えmyselfだけでかon my ownで独学でと表せると考えたのですが、そもそもby myselfと単にmyselfとの違い(両者とも同じ意味を持つ(by myselfは”一人で”との意味が強いようですが)基本強調しなければmyselfだけでも良いのでしょうか?そして最後にandに近い多用される接続詞を教えて頂ければ幸いです。

• 添削お願いします

私はこの文章に反対です。確かに一人暮らしをすることで 生活の知恵と手に入れることや、自由な生活をすることは可能です。 それは一人暮らしをするメリットです。 しかしながら、そういう状況では 遊んでばかりでほとんど勉強をしない人もいろでしょう。 学生のうちは勉強をすべきです。 これだけの理由で反対です。一人暮らしはすべきではありません。 Ioppose to this opinion. It might be said and surely correct that we can get life wisdom and lead a freedom life from living by myself. Those are surely advantages of living by myself. However I also strongly sure that there are most people who are not studying but playing only in living by myself. I think young people,including college student should study hard. So I oppose to this opinion.

• 英文の添削をお願いします

英文の添削をお願いします 2つの英文を作ったのですが、おかしいところがあれば 訂正と解説をお願いします。 1.To date with her , i would to ve happy during to.  (彼女とデートすれば、その間は幸せになれるだろう) 2.If only she were here i would have kiss her neck to behind of her.  (もし彼女がここにいれば、僕は後ろから彼女の首にキスするのに) 2.の後ろからというのは、from behind of her. と迷いましたが、 二つともピンときませんでした。。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を添削してください。

以下の英文を添削していただけないでしょうか。 The news of Prince Charles getting remarried is also broadcasted widely in Japan. I want Prince Charles to be happy, but I liked Princess Diana and wish that they would have a small ceremony in respect of the deceased Princess Diana. What do you think? Normally, I would love to see the broadcast of the gorgeous English royal wedding ceremony, but this time I'm thinking that it's okay not to be able to see it. 言いたい事は以下のような感じです。 「チャールズ皇太子の再婚のニュースは日本でも流れています。チャールズ皇太子には幸せになってほしいけど、でも私はダイアナ妃が好きだったから、ダイアナさんのことを慮って出来るだけ慎ましやかな挙式にしてほしいなと思ってしまいます。あなたはどう思う? 本来だったら私は英国王室の豪華な挙式を観たいところなんだけど、でも今回ばかりは、それを観られなくてもいいと思っています。」 なるべく自分の意見は控えめに言いたいのですが、上の英文ではなんだか控えめさに欠けてるように感じます…。 「出来るだけ慎ましやかな挙式にしてほしいなと思ってしまいます」というところと「今回ばかりは、それを観られなくてもいいと思っています」というところを特に控えめにしたいのですが、どう表現したらいいのか分かりません。 どなたか助けてください、お願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

We are thinking of going to Australia this coming August with my family. However we haven't decided yet in detail, where to go and what to do. I went to Cairns three years ago. So I hope to go to place anything other than that. I'd like to go to place I've never been before. That reminds me.[ Come to think of it,] Vegemite come from Australia right? I really want to try it then. I also like to have new foods but weird dishes! 私達は今度の8月にオーストラリアに行こうと思っています。 でもどこへ行こうか、何をしようかなどはまだ決めていません。 私は三年前にケアンズに行った事があるので、それ以外の場所に行けたらいいなあと思っています。 私は行ったことのないところへ行くのが好きなの。 そう言えば、ベジマイトってオーストラリアのものだよね! オーストラリアに行ったら是非それを食べてみたいなあ~。私、初めての食べ物を食べてみるのも好きなのです。「げてもの」以外はね! 英語力に乏しい私に力を貸してください… 宜しくお願いします。